2009.03.12 Casey Anthony Motion Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never thought much about the hair people leave behind until this case. Now everywhere I go it seems I see tons of hair!! We shed all the time. I'm not surprised that they would go back over the evidence and find more hair. Especially in the garbage bag or car, I think I could make a wig out of all the hair in my car....

I was looking at Cindy's earrings, it looked like they were heart earrings, can anyone give another opinion ? I saw this video on the Sentinel's site, BC arguement to not release suicide note.

Hot Dog: Before you jump to the conclusion that the CSI tech missed the hairs, consider this: Lee, JB and another person examined the vehicle, went to lunch came back and examined it again (that is what I understood from court today). do we know if Dr. Lee, JB and the other person were 'suited up' like the techs were when they looked over the car? If they weren't suited up, there is a good possibility those hairs came from them! There is also the possibility the hairs came from other people who perhaps looked at the car AFTER the tech examined it for evidence. If you google the subject, you will find lots of articles about how much we humans 'shed' every day, hair and skin, etc. If I were the State, I would ask for a control sample of hair from Dr. Lee and JB and spend the money to have these compared to the hairs Dr. Lee found. Just the way JB harped on the '17' hairs during the hearing - even after he was told to get back on track - it is obvious he is trying to do exactly what you just did - question the capability of the CSI people. Now, I may be completely wrong, but do consider there might be another explanation then the "CSI People screwed up"

Maybe the 17 hairs came from KC via JB or Lee, just to make SA look bad.

Ok, I just read the report. One hair was found, by Dr. Lee in the trunk - could have been missed, could have been from anyone poking their head into the trunk without being suited up. 3 hairs were found by Dr. Lee on various items referred to as garbage or trash - same scenario. All the other hairs were found after Dr. Lee left. Now, conduct a small experiment - open a newspaper and put it on the counter, check it over for hairs, remove any that you find. Next - and here it gets tricky Hot Dog, cause I have no idea if you are male or female, so bear with me - lean over the newspaper, shake your head from side to side, or brush your fingers through your hair. Rub your bare arms a couple of times. Now check the newspaper again - see any hair? If anyone suited up - especially those cute little caps, hair might have been caught as they put the cap on and then dislodged as they moved around. Hair might have been dislodged when their arms rubbed against their sleeves and dropped out.

My own assignment is to wade through the last doc dump to see if the results of testing all these particular hair samples were in there. I think your assignment is going to be eaiser than mine! :)

Thanks. Indeed, OCSO found the other hairs after Lee had found others. If that further investigation was prompted or inspired by Lee, I think it is a good thing. The trunk is considered a crime scene, and virtually anything within it should be treated as evidence. Hairs and fibers are good things to seek and collect.

I don't need to perform your hair shedding experiment to know what you mean and agree. I am curious what the lab protocols are for anyone handling the evidence. They seem to adhere to chain-of-custody documentation (seen in the docs), but there is no mention of contamination precautions.

I never thought much about the hair people leave behind until this case. Now everywhere I go it seems I see tons of hair!! We shed all the time. I'm not surprised that they would go back over the evidence and find more hair. Especially in the garbage bag or car, I think I could make a wig out of all the hair in my car....

Especially on a plastic bag...static is like a vaccum

Thanks. Indeed, OCSO found the other hairs after Lee had found others. If that further investigation was prompted or inspired by Lee, I think it is a good thing. The trunk is considered a crime scene, and virtually anything within it should be treated as evidence. Hairs and fibers are good things to seek and collect.

I don't need to perform your hair shedding experiment to know what you mean and agree. I am curious what the lab protocols are for anyone handling the evidence. They seem to adhere to chain-of-custody documentation (seen in the docs), but there is no mention of contamination precautions.

I wish I knew what the lab protocols were too. they have the contamination sheets, of course, and I wonder if they did ask for samples from various people, including the detectives on the case, once they found all those additional hairs. I am searching for the latest report from the FBI, but can't find it. Why can't the media label this stuff nice and neat for us sleuthers? :mad:

I keep telling people: She caught him from some of the other inmates that first day!

I keep hearing that, but, then I have heard that KC went to high school with JB's daughter? Or, something?

It occurred to me today that perhaps her own ( pathetic) defense team did the crippled dog and pony show act in an attempt to get Casey to plea out.

If so, it might be a very effective psychological move, considered how unnerved Casey seemed to be at any mention of specifics related to evidence of the murder. This is the first time she has had to face any specifics, or see a forensic lab prosessor testify.. Before now, it's all been cut and dried legalese procedures related to arrest and charges.

JMO, but since she tends to reject most peoples' overt suggestions, I think what happened today+ one more similar hearing coming up might push her to call it quits before trial day.

Do ya think there's a chance she might plea after a few more procedural hearings and more of Baez acting like a clown on speed?

You may be on to something there. I was watchin her really close and I could see something in her eyes and she kinda froze. I was thinking that CA and GA know the train is coming down the tracks but not her. Doubt if it has hit her right yet but like you--------next time.

You may be on to something there. I was watchin her really close and I could see something in her eyes and she kinda froze. I was thinking that CA and GA know the train is coming down the tracks but not her. Doubt if it has hit her right yet but like you--------next time.

To me her eyes looked like they were getting heavy like she was about to do the nod. She looked to me like she was doing her best to appear attentive, but she is so juvinille and unattached from reality, I don't think she is really grasping what deep caa-caa her actions have gotten her into.

Is there a new hearing for the videos of KC and JB? If so, when is it?

I definitely think they know it's a losing game.. There is a huge preponderance of evidence against Casey and Casey alone. All that she has ever come up with, and clings to like a drunken sailor in a leaky life raft is her " babysitter kidnapping" defense.
There's no way to overcome that disproven lie. The real ZG's current defamation lawsuit has extreme merit.

Take away any kamikaze kidnapper and the defense is empty handed. That's why they are grasping at straws, trying to discredit forensic evidence collecting ( OJ trial 101) , and throwing in a few transferred white cat hairs. ( I read elsewhere that the claim is that it is cat hair).

I think even Jose is realizing that Casey's best chance is a plea agreement. NO jury is going to be sympathetic to him, to Baden, nor to Casey, especially. Casey may be deluded and isolated most of the time, but she was NOT isolated today and she will not be isolated in the hearings to come over either evidence discovery or procedural matters which Baez can throw into the mix.

Casey has always done what it took to survive and thrive on her own terms. She is a scrapper, hidden behind shy looks and sly smiles.
The more her defense team looks and acts like bufoons, the more likely she is to finally see that the light at the end of the tunnel is a train of her lies and incriminating actions headed right towards her. One that will send her to hard time prison for the rest of her life.

Today was the first time I ever thought a plea bargain might even enter into this case. It wasn't just a fleeting thought but a strong feeling that she will choose a plea deal over a very long drawn out trial.

Great post SJ..I agree. LKB sounded like a loudmouth bully and JB, true to form was inept. But I just think that the sociopathic-narcissit Casey will take this to the bitter end as long as the who knows who funds for her team roll in. Deny till the bitter end. Team will take the ride so they can write books.

Thanks to all for the play by play and the great analysis. I wasn't able to watch but I now feel like I was there.

It sounds like JB is in way over his head and every time he tries to make a point it comes back to smack him in the face. This may look like the first big murder trial JB is lead on, but he needs to remember that this was not the first crime scene that OCSO CSI, ME's office and the FBI have processed. His attempts to obfuscate are going to bite him in the azz. Can you imagine a jury watching this today?

They didn't say where they found the 17 hairs. It could be all over the interior of the car. JB also did not say who the hair belonged too. Maybe all Caylee's?? :furious:

Honestly I don't care where in the car they found the hairs, I'm still in awe that they were missed period KWIM? I'm talking if they are NOT contamination hairs. I mean how many hairs total WERE found in the car by the CSI?? I didn't count during any of the dumps.

I'm still in awe that they were missed period KWIM? I'm talking if they are NOT contamination hairs.

Why is everyone so quick to jump to the conclusion that CSI screwed up and missed the hairs? Cause I'm thinking that out of all the people that looked at that car, only one of them has a track record of tampering with trace evidence.....Dr. Henry Lee.

Casey looked demure today and I noticed she had on a lavender shirt. Perhaps as a message to her parents.. Kaylee's favourite color was lavender and most ot the funeral flowers and even GA shirt were lavender. She seemed to be taking all the information in stride.. I felt sorry for GA and even CA today.

I wish I knew what the lab protocols were too. they have the contamination sheets, of course, and I wonder if they did ask for samples from various people, including the detectives on the case, once they found all those additional hairs. I am searching for the latest report from the FBI, but can't find it. Why can't the media label this stuff nice and neat for us sleuthers? :mad:

I have an FBI debris from car results pdf from Jan 21 if that is the one you're looking for? Pages 3328 - 3373?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968