2009.03.12 Casey Anthony Motion Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://books.google.com/books?id=DA...=X&oi=book_result&resnum=2&ct=result#PPA55,M1

Hey this is a link to a preview of a book called
A Fly for the Prosecution

By M. Lee Goff

Very interesting reading if you have the time...Since the hearing was focusing on the pupa somewhat I feel it must be important so perhaps we should bring the maggot thread back to life.

There is a sentence I never thought I would say!:eek:

thanks for the link......can you imagine that they had to get an umbrella....ewww..Do we know if the pupa was alive or not?

I got the feeling that the whole room was uncomfortable when JB spoke. He's just so bad. Sorta like in a meeting at the office when you are supposed to be quiet and let the idjit express his thoughts. Seems like the State should be able to bill JB for the extra 1/2 of trial expenses because he's gonna take twice as long to handle his part. Also, LKB just doesn't impress me at all. I keep hearing what a big gun lawyer she is, but I just don't get it......a lot of repetition and babble, etc. I'll always remember LKB for READING her closing arguments that lasted forever in PhilS trial. Geez.

Honestly I don't care where in the car they found the hairs, I'm still in awe that they were missed period KWIM? I'm talking if they are NOT contamination hairs. I mean how many hairs total WERE found in the car by the CSI?? I didn't count during any of the dumps.

I don't see how it matters how many hairs could be found in that car. They found the hairs that MATTERED --- Caylee's hair that showed decomp.

Casey looked demure today and I noticed she had on a lavender shirt. Perhaps as a message to her parents.. Kaylee's favourite color was lavender and most ot the funeral flowers and even GA shirt were lavender. She seemed to be taking all the information in stride.. I felt sorry for GA and even CA today.

I do not think Casey goes out and purchases her clothing now.:woohoo:
Thinking her mamma does that for her.:twocents:

I still get confused because all along JB keeps telling us how clear and obvious KC's story will be. Why the circus..if your case is so open and shut?

If it is so "clear and obvious" WHYYY Is KC still sitting in JAIL?!?!?!

Did anyone catch the look on CA's face as KC entered the court room and sat down. The camera focused on CA and she had this look on her face of "why isn't she turning around and acknowledging us? We've given up everything for her"

For a micro second, I almost felt sorry for CA. She is being shunned by the person she departed reality for.

Anyone else see it that way?

I didn't see it, but that's just low...so freaking low, even for KC and what she did. And GA and CA, keep standing up there for her. I did see GA with the Caylee pin on, and CA with her KC shamrock pin.

I just wonder....will they ever "get it"?????

"Baez also pointed out that defense expert Dr. Henry Lee found 17 hairs and several stains while inspecting the trunk of Anthony's car. The state allowed Lee to examine the vehicle last fall — months after sheriff's investigators collected evidence from the vehicle."

This is from the sentinel's story. IIRC from the document dump regarding the forensics on the car, the tech re-processed the car after Lee looked at it and vacuumed up additional hairs and debris-does anyone else remember this? Those items were sent separately to the FBI lab.

The moral to this story-after you are digging around in a vehicle, you leave trace behind.

So the defense is going to be to argue the possibility that the forensics were not done properly-coming from a defense who refused to go to the crime scene/body dump sight when it was offered to them, who then petitioned the court almost a month later to have access to the site in order to look at bugs and vegetation.

This is the incompetent defense appeal coming front and center. I wonder how they will make much of a case for this however, when Linda Baden is doing the forensics?? Hmmm....

All of this is JMO.

I got the feeling that the whole room was uncomfortable when JB spoke. He's just so bad. Sorta like in a meeting at the office when you are supposed to be quiet and let the idjit express his thoughts. Seems like the State should be able to bill JB for the extra 1/2 of trial expenses because he's gonna take twice as long to handle his part. Also, LKB just doesn't impress me at all. I keep hearing what a big gun lawyer she is, but I just don't get it......a lot of repetition and babble, etc. I'll always remember LKB for READING her closing arguments that lasted forever in PhilS trial. Geez.

OMG! Are you kidding?

Good morning all.

Yesterday was a fiasco, if you ask me. If it's a preview of what's to come, this will be one long trial.

Baez is unorganized. This is the second time he's asked for discovery and claims the state did not hand over, yet there it was, he had it. I do wonder if he goes through everything the state gives him, before he makes a fool of himself.

I didn't catch if KC acknowledged her parents. She seemed bright eyed and bushy tailed but seemed worried as she herself got a preview of what is to come for her. This little cross examination, I think made her realize how much chit she's in and how fierce the state attorney will fight against her. The prosecutors seem so much stronger then her little attorney Baez. I now know he is in way over his head. I also see Baden as very disrespectful to the judge as if what he rules on is challenged and challenged without merit. Once again, Baez wants the state to do his legwork for him. He is a lazy attorney. I am very glad the state handeled this as they did. It was perfect!

I almost died laughing when he wanted sanctions placed on the state and have them pay for Dr. Lee's plane fare and accomodations...he surely lives in fantasy..I also noticed all the faces Baez made as his motions were either moot or denied..

Now I see WHY he and KC seem to go together. Baez believes what his client tells him, which is a mistake, he should look at the evidence and decide for himself. He has now taken the place of her parents enabling her as they did. He is throwing blame on everyone and this is going to be the SODDIT, never KC. I also feel the state has such a strong case against KC and this trial will be one to watch. I loved it when I heard the prosecutors say she asked Baez to recind his motions due to non merit but he is so stubborn or is looking for face time and seems to personalize what is done at the pretrial. I also took note that Baez is very aware of camera presence as he asked the judge to tell the cameraman not to zoom in on KC and what she is writting..give it a break Baez, no one's cheating..:razz:

So the motions on the video tape being released and on how Baez is being paid were not heard yesterday, and, IIRC we thought they would be? Does anyone know why they weren't heard and when they will be? Thanks!

maggots in solution (pupae) sent

It drove me nutz yesterday when he (Baez) mispronounced PUPA or PUPAE. He butchered it (POOOOO-PAAA).

It is not pronounced POOO-PAAAA like I made a "poooopa" in my pants!

I don't see how it matters how many hairs could be found in that car. They found the hairs that MATTERED --- Caylee's hair that showed decomp.

Yes it matters a GREAT deal. The defense could say there were other hairs in there that could have belonged to the REAL killer and that LE did not investigate them because they wanted only to focus on Casey as the killer. There is resonable doubt in those hairs.

After the judge and SA cutting JB off a couple of times, he suddenly closed his notebook and said..."I have no further questions.".

lololol

Yep, Strickland cut off all his prepared avenues of wandering.

JAYSUS! That was a HOT MESS yesterday, was it not?

Why didn't someone simply point out that the garbage was not IN THE TRUNK for Dr. Lee to view because GEORGE and the tow yard guy took it out and threw it in the trash there? The trash bag (and trash inside bag) had to be recovered from Johnson's and we go from there. Cripes! Criminalists don't put crap BACK IN THE TRUNK so that Lee can see it in the state it was in. Give me a break.

And the "where's the trash bag" drama was ridiculous. They were trying to make it appear like the crime scene tech was hiding something from Dr. Lee. Give me a break!

Is JB upset that he has to use the money in his pocket to fly Lee back to re-examine the evidence?

Twice I noticed MONEY ISSUES mentioned by defense:

1. Money to fly Dr. Lee back to FL (or wherever) to examine plastic bag (which was in TN when Lee was in FL); and

2. Money for depositions (LKB motion)...LKB was talking about possibly having to spend $1,000.00 on depositions yadda yadda yadda but does no one see that over $1,000.00 was easily spent arguing this STUPID MOTION?

The Court (in my opinion) needs to tell them again to do their own work. Get your depos, fly in your witnesses, do your own WORK already folks!

SA: what they're asking us to do is give us the entire contents of the computer and ask us to explain what we felt was not incriminating.
Again, JBAez asking the state to do HIS job!!!
hehehe
GO SA!

This tidbit from yesterday was classic. The defense HAS entire copied contents/harddrive of Morales' computer. Melich's report (which Baez referenced in his motion) was Melich's OPINION that the stuff LE saw was not incriminating. Baez wants the State to explain what Melich thought was not incriminating!

AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

Twice I noticed MONEY ISSUES mentioned by defense:

1. Money to fly Dr. Lee back to FL (or wherever) to examine plastic bag (which was in TN when Lee was in FL); and

2. Money for depositions (LKB motion)...LKB was talking about possibly having to spend $1,000.00 on depositions yadda yadda yadda but does no one see that over $1,000.00 was easily spent arguing this STUPID MOTION?

The Court (in my opinion) needs to tell them again to do their own work. Get your depos, fly in your witnesses, do your own WORK already folks!

I thought Dr. Lee said he was doing this case pro-bono on NG. Guess he wants money now.

Also, I think LKB could use some demeanor coaching. I think she's smart and she knew what she was talking about- and I know that she just rubs me the wrong way in the typical "defense attorneys seem to push too hard" way (but I know that is their job, to argue the unpopular points). But how loud and abrasive she was today is going to influence a jury- she could be making the BEST point, but if it seems like she's being aggressive a jury is going to discount it.

I agree, Lawlady! One should consider regional differences when picking counsel for a high-profile trial as this one will be. While I'm sure LKB is a fine attorney, is she really the person you want speaking to jurors in a Florida courtroom? She comes off as too brash, too aggressive, too argumentative for my taste. I feel that after awhile if she has this same demeanor in court in front of jurors that they may simply "tune her out". Someone like Jerry Spence would be a real hit in Florida--someone who makes points, takes a breath, has a little Southern hospitality, ya know?

how come I get so uncomfortable when the two of them speak though....JB sounds so ...like he doenst know how or what to say...and LB well she just yells! and you can hear her breathing heavy into the mic :eek:

She was trying to seduce the judge...she has been hanging around Casey too long. IMO

If it is so "clear and obvious" WHYYY Is KC still sitting in JAIL?!?!?!

Legal babble is all that is.
Remember the BOMBSHELL Geragos told the media and opening statements that he had? Wow, did that fizzle fast too. Just babble trying to fight for his client.

And ps... what a JOKE that this woman is trying to wear clothes that make her 'holier than thou'. Whatever, I mean it is SO CLEAR that they are trying to change their client. I have a feeling that those types of things often backfire on them and it's not in their favor to make KC this perfect sweet church going gal.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee