2009.03.17 Issues:w/JVM

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same way Crystal saw bricks of marijuana in Ron's house but she'd never been there. It's all bunk.

Maybe people will start realizing that she doesn't have angels flying out her rear.

Can you please provide a link for your bolded statement. TIA

We're not suppose to bring post "upstairs" from the members only threads. But it was 3 locals who said this. One said it the other two verified that Crystal was never there.

And the marijuana thing comes from the Geraldo show. It's in the transcripts.
Looked thro Geraldo 2x today looking for this (and Busy still owes me my wine.) What Geraldo said was that Chad and Marcus told him the story about the marijuana.

We agreed on 1/2 glass cause no where does it say Chad and Marcus told him about the marijuana - Chad and Marcus never speak during the interview, Crystal is the one talking and Crystal is the one that tells Geraldo stuff Chad and Marcus said so who knows who told who what.

OK, this started to pique my interest, so I looked up the transcripts, and this is all I could find:
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...geraldo_interview_that_turned_confrontational

GERALDO RIVERA: And when they tell me they saw bricks of marijuana that you had in the house, plants all around the house, is that a lie?​
Hope that helps solve the mystery!

I missed the JVM show. Is there video of this or a link anywhere??

Omg. I knew there had to be more to Jr.'s story than the squeaking shoes and man in black. A child that age would know nothing about sex and have no reason to make up a story about a bouncing couch and there's only a few reasons a couch would be bouncing. There's no way in heck that Crystal is making this up just for spite. Jr saw something. Even Misti placed him as being awake as she supposedly drifted off to sleep! Poor Haleigh. A man in all black took Haleigh, possibly a black man, with squeaky shoes, somehow connected to a bouncing couch. Someone needs to take this very seriously. Jr is the only witness willing to talk.

I agree with you completely. The fact that Haleighs shirt was found in the laundry makes it even more scary and would actually fit with the "bouncing couch" thing. Do you think a sexual predator would do that to her right in the house though? I would think that the police would have looked into that comment though. And you have to remember that IF Junior was awake and someone came into that room then it probably scared him to the point where he didn't want to move and the guy maybe could have thought Junior was asleep.

The RJ story is evolving as weeks go by. First it was man in black squeaky shoes, then the next week it was black man in black with squeaky shoes, few weeks later it is black man in black with squeaky shoes and a bouncing couch. Why not the entire story the first time round?

Actually I don't find this difficult to accept. A child that young that may have witnessed a traumatic event or an event that he/she doesn't understand and have words for or because it is out of the ordinary or unfamiliar to them they have nothing to reference it to in order to process, understand, and interpret it, therefore the child's ability to apply language (words) to interpret the event AND communicate it may unfold gradually - again based upon the individual child, the particular trauma/event witnessed and their ability to put words (communicate) to the pictures (memories). An older child(even adults for that matter) who experience a traumatic event and have the ability to define and apply language to the event very often can not tell the "entire story" in one round -the mind has a way of limiting our retrieval of traumatic information - some say as a way to protect us from "too much information all at once" and could lead to or cause a break within the mind. Some people think that young children, especially RJ's age, are easily open to suggestion(s) by an adult - and even more so if a parent is the one doing the suggesting (or leading). Studies have shown that both factual and emotional memories of children as young as 3 can actually be highly resistant to suggestion - some children refuse to take on their mother's version of an event if they strongly believe their own version, i.e,. in one case a mother described her child as angry during a particular event, but the child described himself as sad - despite the mothers repeated attempts to persuade him that he had been angry not sad, the child "stuck to his story." There is one thing that I do feel certain about - CS needs to stop discussing and divulging any information pertaining to RJ in this situation to anyone except a trained professional - not even her mother and certainly not on the air! Additionally there should not be any adult conversations going on within hearing range of this child pertaining to any of this. If he brings it up, fine, listen to him, hold him, comfort and reassure him. Imagine how unsafe and vulnerable this child feels right now, his sissy was taken, will I be next? If they listen they may hear words that indicate that he feels bad, sad, or angry but most revealing can be just (sort of invisibly from around a corner...) watching/listening to his play because children often use toys (character/role play) to act out the things that are "inside" which is really healthy for kids and he should be allowed to do that. Often the more internal feelings that lack words, such as shame and guilt come to the surface this way and I wouldn't be at all surprised if RJ was experiencing a sense of guilt (possibly shame) at this time because Haleigh was taken, "Why not me, it should have been me,..." I could go on and on and I know that there are many others that could add onto this but I'll leave it here, the bottom line is this child has a full plate and these parents and every other adult in his life need to acknowledge that and leave him out of all conversation/comments made on national tv.This is just my opinion but one that I feel is in the best interest of the child and not at all based upon or considering what is in the best interest of Ron or Crystal (GGM, GGP, GF's, BF's,....) - the adults. I hope the little guy is doing okay, my heart goes out to him and of course Haleigh, I'm just hoping and praying that she comes home soon and alive. JMHO

I hope Jr. was able to tell someone what was making the couch bounce and if he was on the couch at the same time. Misti has now changed her story to Jr. watching tv on the couch and coming to bed later. I suppose someone could have been sitting on the couch beside him and shaking their leg nervously. That would make a couch bounce and even cause a shoe to squeak. Misti's story seems to revolve around whether or not Jr. saw something. She did place him as being awake and walking out of the bedroom door just as she fell off to sleep before he ever told anyone (the we know of ) about a squeaky shoe man in black. Now the story has changed again placing Jr. in yet another location.

Why are we expecting consistency from a four year old when the adults in the case aren't able to do it either?

If JR changed his stories even when the professionals were questioning him then I'd be surprised if he stayed in one story while Crystal is questioning him. She might be honestly trying to get hints out of JR but she's bound to ask leading questions, she's not an expert in interrogating child witnesses.

I'm rather surprised that her attorney let her do the interview.

There is a you tube video of Crystal asking JR questions, and IMO she does lead him on witha few of them..MOO

A bouncing couch?

What? A flying rug tomorrow..:hand:

Wish LE had the authority or whatever to sit down on these people. the stories and the time line are in a worse mess this week than last week.:doh:

I'm still not convinced these children were even put to bed in the first place. The story does not need to be changing all the time if there are facts to base them on. If we are making this up as we go because we don't know or can't remember .. then.. so be it, but at some point and time - good grief!!!

RC & TN even have different statements about same things. Does RC ever talk to MC or not? What do they do then?

Then CS pipes in with stuff. :doh:

Omg. I knew there had to be more to Jr.'s story than the squeaking shoes and man in black. A child that age would know nothing about sex and have no reason to make up a story about a bouncing couch and there's only a few reasons a couch would be bouncing. There's no way in heck that Crystal is making this up just for spite. Jr saw something. Even Misti placed him as being awake as she supposedly drifted off to sleep! Poor Haleigh. A man in all black took Haleigh, possibly a black man, with squeaky shoes, somehow connected to a bouncing couch. Someone needs to take this very seriously. Jr is the only witness willing to talk.

Not saying that this is the case but JR might sometimes have observed the couch bouncing with daddy and babysitter being on it. If the children slept in the master bedroom with them it wouldn't be the place of choice for acts of statutory rape (I hope)

Crystal was just on there talking and she was saying she has no reason to lie about anything that Junior said. She said that RJ told her the second week that she had him that the man was black and that his shoes squeeked when he walked. He also mentioned something about the couch.

Oh and get this one you guys she also said that Misty deals drugs.

I'm reading the transcript now and she didn't say Misty deals drugs, she says she's taken drugs and has been seen with drug dealers.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right. Quick question, Crystal. What about this potential custody battle between you and Ron over your little boy, Ronald Jr.?

SHEFFIELD: I -- I don`t feel safe with him. I mean, my daughter is missing. He has a 17-year-old that he is married to now. She`s a child. Obviously, she`s -- I mean, she`s been out doing drugs. He`s caught her with drug dealers, and I don`t feel safe with him there.

I think here we have Crystal showing leading questions in action:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, Crystal, just to understand, first we heard that he said a man in black took little Haleigh. Then apparently, we heard a couple of days later that he said a black man in black. Did his story change or did -- was it just an error in reporting?

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black -- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.

Have mercy you guys need to leave that be . They was NOT raised together and they are not blood related.

I know, that was the purpose of my post. I was correcting another poster who consistently includes a "brother/fiance" slur in a lot of her posts. I think that kind of slur is particulary odious and was hoping that she would stop her allegations if they were brought to her attention as an "honest" error. I should have contacted a mod, instead.

I know, that was the purpose of my post. I was correcting another poster who consistently includes a "brother/fiance" slur in a lot of her posts. I think that kind of slur is particulary odious and was hoping that she would stop her allegations if they were brought to her attention as an "honest" error. I should have contacted a mod, instead.

If you will look, I thanked you for the correction of my post.

It is kind of an honest error as to me family is family, no matter how you are related. I have a step sister and 2 step brothers....but they are 100% my siblings. That's all I meant.

I'm starting to see that I'm not very welcome around here. I don't understand it. My opinion is different then several people, but that doesn't mean I'm a bad person. I think I can take the hint though.

I just quicly read the transcripts...I saw nothing about a couch...was it Crystal who said this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member