2009.03.20 Document Release

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did anyone notice, yet again, this latest document dump seems to back up Casey's behavioral problems didn't really kick in until after she got pregnant?
I've thought from the beginning she might be bi-polar because it seems to me it can be triggered by hormonal changes, and a pregnancy would fit. Does anyone have any knowledge I have missed of any statements of lying, stealing, etc., before the pregnancy?
TIA
Lanie

It seems very clear from all the interviews that Casey's problems started when, or just before, she got pregnant. Shirley said Casey was never a behavior problem, never got into trouble. Casey's school friends described her as a popular happy person. We know that she was working and, apparently being somewhat responsible before Caylee's birth. I think the stealing, lying, etc all seems to have come on suddenly. No wonder Cindy and George didn't know how to handle her, they didn't know this new Casey.

In her interview Melina says that when looking at the pics of KC at Fusion, something doesn't seem right with KC and it appeared she was trying too hard to smile for the camera. Anyways, do you think the defense could use this as "well of course something wasn't right, her child had been kidnapped." That whole whole statement seems like it can be taken in a bunch of different ways but I feel like the defense will use it to their advantage. IMO I'm gonna have to disagree iwth MC and say she DEF looked like she was having a good time and no smiles were being forced.

Did I miss a link? The only new docs I'm finding are the 3 interviews ending with Shirley's, a total of 77 pages.

Again, if she was not pleased with the way her life was headed it would be normal she would change after having a child. She lost her mothers attention, was expected to stop sleeping around, and had to stay home at night to "babysit" her daughter. There are plenty of external reasons for her behaviors, ones that make far more sense.

But yeah, she lied about being pregnant and then lied again about who the father was.

ETA- Bipolar is not "grown" once a baby is born.

I'm not any kind of mental health care professional by any means. I am only going by personal experience, and have seen many, many cases where a person has gone through puberty or gotten pregnant and it was like a switch was flipped. I have also participated in discussions with mental health professionals where several believed major hormonal changes played a part in triggering bi-polar illness, and was also told of several cases where birth control pills had a positive impact on the treatment of it. I haven't researched the subject in several years, but back when I was looking into it, I couldn't find any scientific studies relating to hormones and bi-polar. I was pretty much told it wouldn't hurt and it might help.
I have just noticed what seems to be a pattern in what is said by the people interviewed. When they discuss Casey lying and stealing, it doesn't come up before she got pregnant, but while pregnant and after giving birth. The people who have known her before and after at least allude to her changing after she got pregnant. I don't know, just theorizing.
Lanie

In her interview Melina says that when looking at the pics of KC at Fusion, something doesn't seem right with KC. Do you think the defense could use this as "well of course something wasn't right, her child had been kidnapped." That whole whole statement seems like it can be taken in a bunch of different ways but I feel like the defense will use it to their advantage.

Certainly they can try.

It seems very clear from all the interviews that Casey's problems started when, or just before she got pregnant. Shirley said she was never a behavior problem, never got into trouble. Casey's school friends described her as a popular happy person. We know that she was working and, apparently being somewhat responsible before Caylee's birth. I think the stealing, lying, etc all seems to have come on suddenly. No wonder Cindy and George didn't know how to handle her, they didn't know this new Casey.

I first noticed this with Cindy's blog, and while Cindy may have her reasons for lying about how perfect Casey is now, the same isn't true for all these other people. If Casey is indeed a sociopath, I don't think that is something that just popped up. One of the symptoms of that is they don't know proper emotional responses, and I find it hard to believe she was better at faking it through middle school and high school, then suddenly gets bad at it. I kept waiting to read from people they thought she was weird back in the day, but haven't seen it yet.
JMO
Lanie

Did anyone notice, yet again, this latest document dump seems to back up Casey's behavioral problems didn't really kick in until after she got pregnant?
I've thought from the beginning she might be bi-polar because it seems to me it can be triggered by hormonal changes, and a pregnancy would fit. Does anyone have any knowledge I have missed of any statements of lying, stealing, etc., before the pregnancy?
TIA
Lanie

Maybe just maybe she didn't get or become anything other than mad when she got pregnant because in her eyes her freedom was gone.

I'm not any kind of mental health care professional by any means. I am only going by personal experience, and have seen many, many cases where a person has gone through puberty or gotten pregnant and it was like a switch was flipped. I have also participated in discussions with mental health professionals where several believed major hormonal changes played a part in triggering bi-polar illness, and was also told of several cases where birth control pills had a positive impact on the treatment of it. I haven't researched the subject in several years, but back when I was looking into it, I couldn't find any scientific studies relating to hormones and bi-polar. I was pretty much told it wouldn't hurt and it might help.
I have just noticed what seems to be a pattern in what is said by the people interviewed. When they discuss Casey lying and stealing, it doesn't come up before she got pregnant, but while pregnant and after giving birth. The people who have known her before and after at least allude to her changing after she got pregnant. I don't know, just theorizing.
Lanie

I agree that the changes in her were after having Caylee, ITA! I just see many reasons for the changes. When someones wound is so obviously visible why go digging around in otherwise healthy skin looking for a different wound?

I first noticed this with Cindy's blog, and while Cindy may have her reasons for lying about how perfect Casey is now, the same isn't true for all these other people. If Casey is indeed a sociopath, I don't think that is something that just popped up. One of the symptoms of that is they don't know proper emotional responses, and I find it hard to believe she was better at faking it through middle school and high school, then suddenly gets bad at it. I kept waiting to read from people they thought she was weird back in the day, but haven't seen it yet.
JMO
Lanie

Perhaps taking back a bit of my post, when did Casey lie to George and Cindy that she was working at Footlocker? Was that before she was pregnant?

JMO
Lanie

I don't think Casey is a Psychopath either... see we can agree :blowkiss:

In her interview Melina says that when looking at the pics of KC at Fusion, something doesn't seem right with KC and it appeared she was trying too hard to smile for the camera. Anyways, do you think the defense could use this as "well of course something wasn't right, her child had been kidnapped." That whole whole statement seems like it can be taken in a bunch of different ways but I feel like the defense will use it to their advantage. IMO I'm gonna have to disagree iwth MC and say she DEF looked like she was having a good time and no smiles were being forced.
I think they could say that but the prosecutors will surely come back with "What wasn't right is that she murdered her daughter and within hours of this photograph being taken, she dumped her decaying body into the woods like so much trash." I think the defense will predict this comeback and decide not to go there.

Perhaps taking back a bit of my post, when did Casey lie to George and Cindy that she was working at Footlocker? Was that before she was pregnant?

after I think because that one girl was babysitting Caylee, right?

I am so glad I am not the only one deficient in this area. I can read scientific, legal, etc., and have a good understanding in a snap, but everytime I try to delve into the cell phone pings, I get instant headache trying to follow it. You have given me validation, lol, so thank you.
Lanie

LOL. I know exactly what you mean! I kept telling myself "you read insurance policy language all day long (ambiguous at best) and you can't decipher this"!!!

Ditto on the validation!

I agree that the changes in her were after having Caylee, ITA! I just see many reasons for the changes. When someones wound is so obviously visible why go digging around in otherwise healthy skin looking for a different wound?

I guess it isn't obviously visible to me because I don't understand what you are saying.
To me, the changes were very drastic. It just seems there is more to it than an unwanted pregnancy. Drugs seem to have been ruled out. I just feel like there is something else at play here. And don't get me wrong, I don't think people with bi-polar are baby killers. I think it is possible to treat it and lead a happy productive life, even without meds. I also think people can kill their children without being bi-polar. I just think something is going on here.
Lanie

I wasn't aware she claimed to work at Footlocker. She lied about working at Sports Authority, if that is what you are talking about, but that was after she had Caylee.
Lanie

It could also be related to the beginning of adulthood and the expectations that entails, responsibility, work, etc...I think many of the personality disorders may not show until early adulthood, but someone more knowledgable could verify that.

Exactly. I remember hearing a neurologist saying that the brain is not fully developed until age 25??? Something about one of those frontal lobes still developing....which includes reasoning, responsibility, etc.

It seems very clear from all the interviews that Casey's problems started when, or just before, she got pregnant. Shirley said Casey was never a behavior problem, never got into trouble. Casey's school friends described her as a popular happy person. We know that she was working and, apparently being somewhat responsible before Caylee's birth. I think the stealing, lying, etc all seems to have come on suddenly. No wonder Cindy and George didn't know how to handle her, they didn't know this new Casey.

Any thoughts on why Agent Savage kept asking GA what happened two years ago? It's like Savage either had the answer or two years ago is the pinpoint as to when things started to go really wrong. Even though Caylee was almost three, she was technically two. Did it have to do with Caylee's birth? His question has always stayed with me.

I seem to recall her highschool friends saying very clearly that Casey was a known liar long before Caylee was born. Her destructive behaviors may have increased when Caylee was born and her freedom was so severely restricted, but I don't see the onset of antisocial behavior starting when Caylee was born.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back