2009.03.25 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
state sees a minefield in the future..wants baez on record

wants Baez on record, not trying to embarrass him. State just needs to know financial arrangements. Not trying to have Baez eliminated from case, no prejudice against KC.

I haven't been following this as some of you have been. I have a question. Why do they care how her defense team is being paid?

Because if there is a conflict of interest, it opens the door for an appeal if she is convicted.

They don't want Jose eliminated from case - no kidding! LOL.

Judge Strickland, "My only job is to determine if conflict exists or not."

I haven't been following this as some of you have been. I have a question. Why do they care how her defense team is being paid?

Because of what the state just argued.

It could overturn guilty ruling on appeal.

It matters because if Baez is being paid in the "rights to the story" then there is a conflict of interest. As in he can turn the wheels in the direction which will most benefit him. Am I right WBs?

Baez wants to clarify state's motion.

ahh gotcha. Thanks!

Baez: Thinks state is trying to gain insight into defense.

baez is insinuating this is because the SA wants to see where their defense is going...HA!

I have noticed in these hearings Casey looks like she is in school, not at a hearing for her daughter being killed by the Nanny!! She has totally disassociated herself from this.

Two things. A defendant can not use proceeds from a crime to pay for their defense. And an attorney client confict of interest is grounds for appeal and could cause a retrial if Casey is found guilty the first time around.

baez is insinuating this is because the SA wants to see where their defense is going...HA!

That makes ZERO sense. How are you getting paid? ANSWER: Her parents - her trustfund ??? - that doe snot give them insight intot he defense

JB is 'hoping' that the State is not wanting this information to determine which direction the defense strategy is going in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back