2009.03.25 - Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Can anything KC says be considered "true" really????

Judge S. "You signed a retainer agreement - just one with Mr. Baez"

Which does not allow him to sell my story or that of Caylee Marie."

KC: "yes."

"There are no other rights selling my story."

geee. just ask her how in the hell she is paying him

What was the bit about the story? Sorry I am not watching. Thanks

JB there was a separate agreement signed when JB was initially retained July 17th, it was superceded by the new agreement.

ohhh, wait there are 2 retainer agreements for Baez...although he can't recall of its still around...if not - who told him it was ok to throw him away???

KC: all of affadavit is true.

JB clarifying: separate retainer agreement signed July 17th (I think?) superceded by new agreement. will look for it, court wants to see it. Judge will review in camera.

JB: second retainer agreement: covered all future charges.

meeting in camera right now. State wants court reporter present.

A retainer agreement is a contract that you are hiring the lawyer to represent you. You are "retaining" him. Can be used for other people you hire too- I think.

Lack of knowledge, what does 'in camera' mean?

What is a retainer agreement? I'm not law savy.

What Is A Retainer Agreement?
A retainer agreement with a lawyer is like a down payment, it can be used to guarantee that the lawyer will be readily available to work on your particular case, which could mean that they would have to turn down other cases in order to remain available for you. As a result, you will probably be billed at a higher rate for the legal work that is done. If the fee agreement states that the retainer is not refundable, you may not be able to get your money back, even if the lawyer does not handle your case or complete the work.

http://resources.lawinfo.com/en/Legal-FAQs/Legal-Tips/Federal/what-is-a-retainer-agreement-.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back