2009.05.07 - new motion by State to Determine Counsel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Orlando Sentinel says this:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-baez-attorney-050809,0,6582310.story
Baez's spokeswoman, Marti Mackenzie, said Baez filed an objection to the motion. She said the issue will be moot soon. A new death-qualified attorney has joined the team and will be at the next hearing later this month.

She would not identify the attorney.

"At that time, the defense will introduce the highly qualified and outstanding death-qualified attorney as the newest member of the defense team," she said.

Me: They have said this a number of times, but refuse to name any names. Which puts their credibility (haha) in question, in my mind.

No one associated with this case seems to have the moral fortitude to tell the truth and I'm getting burned out on the never ending lies and conflicting stories from Team Baez and Team Anthony.

They may be in for a rude awakening when their lies are brought before a judge and they can't give any reasonable explanation for their dodging the truth time after time.

And CA and GA both both displayed their manic personalities in the latest depos. I stated in another post, on another thread, that both of them looked like rabid dogs ready to attack, and nearly foaming at the mouth because neither of them could accept that no one was believing their lies anymore.

This just intensified their 'rabid dog' response since to them it is inconceivable that anyone would not believe their blatant lies and prevarication.

Just more proof that Team Baez and Team Anthony rely on lies every time they open their mouths and seem surprised that the general public is now discounting every word that the collective 'team' speaks.

Must be hell when reality hits that the lies are over for most of us.

In short, Yes. I don't have time to go back and look at the amendments. But I would only assume the the dates are mentioned because prior to 2002 there was no such requirement and those attorneys who did not meet that requirement had until March 2003 to meet the guideline.

Gotcha!! Thanks again, JSR! :blowkiss:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-baez-attorney-050809,0,6582310.story
Baez's spokeswoman, Marti Mackenzie, said Baez filed an objection to the motion. She said the issue will be moot soon. A new death-qualified attorney has joined the team and will be at the next hearing later this month.

"At that time, the defense will introduce the highly qualified and outstanding death-qualified attorney as the newest member of the defense team," she said.

Me: They have said this a number of times, but refuse to name any names. Which puts their credibility (haha) in question, in my mind.

Guess Marti Mc is getting paid for something vs. nothing

Just like her statement about WFTV retracting their statement a few days ago..........The best defense is a Good offense!

So what's the big secret?
If they have one why not announce the name?
Tiki smells a(nother) rat . . .
:cat:

A little tidbit that came with the email about this motion, which I think says a lot:

Late this afternoon, the State filed the below document with the Orange County Clerk of Courts.

While the State understands the importance of this information to the community, this office does not want to create the type of publicity that would lead to a change of venue. Therefore, we will not comment further on the case itself.

This is a MAJOR statement in and of itself. I love it!

Personally, I would like to see Terry Lenamon back on this case for several reasons especially after reading this post he wrote about being a criminal defense attorney for capital murder cases:

http://swartzlenamon.com/deathpenal...nse-attorney-representing-people-facing-death

Not that I think that KC will not be found guilty, but because Terry Lenamon sounds like someone who respects the system and isn't some comes from nowhere media hound like Jose Baez.

Errors that happen in the trial of this case could mean victory for KC on appeal and it just seems smart to have someone with TL experience doing the defense job.

The statute does NOT preclude a lawyer from being lead counsel because he or she is not a member of the Florida bar, but is only admitted PHV. It is specifically allowed IF the lawyer meets the statutory requirements. IF it is supposed to be LKB, then she should have long since filed her notice setting forth her credentials and showing that she qualifies. It is supposed to be done "immediately" upon being retained in a DP case and is mandatory. If they have someone else retained now, they need to file and not wait for a hearing. Too much showboating.

Jose is still claiming that he is lead council despite the many reports that he's not qualified. I haven't done any research to prove that LKB isn't a member of the Florida bar, but I suspect that she insinuated herself into the case and received a 'special dispensation' to practice in Florida.

Corruption knows no bounds.
pro hoc vice

Guess Marti Mc is getting paid for something vs. nothing

Just like her statement about WFTV retracting their statement a few days ago..........The best defense is a Good offense!

But the beauty of WFTV refusing to retract the fact that JB leaked the the COV notice to the press before he filed in the court speaks for itself.

I, for one, am thrilled that WFTV has refused to retract their coverage on the COV motion, because they claim they received the COV before JB filed the COV with the court.

Team Baez seems to think they can play both sides of the fence and come out ahead.

Then again, maybe not. The fact remains that JB is seeking fame while throwing KC to the wolves. Not to say she should not be thrown to the wolves.

Just saying that Baez is making hay while the sun still shines!

The statute does NOT preclude a lawyer from being lead counsel because he or she is not a member of the Florida bar, but is only admitted PHV. It is specifically allowed IF the lawyer meets the statutory requirements. IF it is supposed to be LKB, then she should have long since filed her notice setting forth her credentials and showing that she qualifies. It is supposed to be done "immediately" upon being retained in a DP case and is mandatory. If they have someone else retained now, they need to file and not wait for a hearing. Too much showboating.
jinx and a pepsi LOL

Filing an objection to a motion when she in fact states no one knows -except them- is totally ridiculous. The SA wants someone on record and has every right to know this.

It seems odd to me, that we only seem to here Mart Mc when the subject seems to diificult for JB to hold a one on one with the media. He was full of bravado at his last pressor. What kept him from addressing this issue himself? I feel he fears the questions by Kathi B being thrown at him. Maybe Kathi would say, "And where did you get your law degree?" I would love for that line to be thrown back into his face.

If they have someone else retained now, they need to file and not wait for a hearing. Too much showboating.

I agree, if they have a DP qualified atty then file the damn notice and be done with it. You don't need to have an "unveiling".

It's real easy, JB. It's a simple Notice of Appearance.

I agree, if they have a DP qualified atty then file the damn notice and be done with it. You don't need to have an "unveiling".

Where the SA has filed a Motion for a Hearing, couldn't this be set immediately, rather than wait until the end of May?

It's real easy, JB. It's a simple Notice of Appearance.
"Lights, camera, action!!"

For Pete's sake...can we just get this bunch to act like adults!! So now, it's "I know something you don't know!!!"?

How many lawyers paid for by the taxpayer is one indigent Defendant allowed??? Can all the other indigent perps on death row appeal their cases base on the fact they weren't provided <<<cough>>> 'Dream Teams'?

Oh, I get it now...it's gonna be another "Meet and Greet"!

Where the SA has filed a Motion for a Hearing, couldn't this be set immediately, rather than wait until the end of May?

Yes, if the Judge allows it. I'm not aware of Strickland's standing rules regarding motion hearings. One could argue that a hearing should be set BEFORE the COV motion. Which is probably what prompted the SA to file this motion.

Yes, if the Judge allows it. I'm not aware of Strickland's standing rules regarding motion hearings. One could argue that a hearing should be set BEFORE the COV motion. Which is probably what prompted the SA to file this motion.
I agree...and filing an objection is totally ridiculous. I personally don't think Strickland will be pleased. Here you have the State filing a legitimate request and then you have Baez's response saying "I object...tell you later."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus