2009.05.08: Drew Peterson's Arraignment Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Drew reminds me of OJ, the personality's, IMO, are similar. He sure is trying hard to give the impression that he is unaffected by this recent arrest for Murder. When the cell door closes, I bet that another, way less ecstatic, Drew appears.

Ernie Raines: Said his daughter was at work and state police took her from there according to his other daughter who called him. She was then released. (Who was the woman with the kids then?)

The wedding is off. She is finished with Drew according to her father who has only spoken to her by phone. Said she was not talking much after the arrest tho.

How does his mind work? Acting arrogant like he's still cool and in control. I often wish someone could get into the minds of guys like this. Drew, OJ, Allen Blackthorne even. Ann rule once said the worse thing you could do to Blackthorne was to take his golf game away. I suspect the same goes for OJ.

When all Drews rights are removed from him and he's in jail being told what to do, when to do it, how does he react? Will he be arrogant or compliant?

I think guys like this are cut from the same cloth. Our reaction is disgust when we see Drew trying to smile & be a smart butt to the media. But in his mind, does he think we'll feel sorry for him? Does he think it makes him appear innocent?

Sorry for my babble... thinking out loud

How does his mind work? Acting arrogant like he's still cool and in control. I often wish someone could get into the minds of guys like this. Drew, OJ, Allen Blackthorne even. Ann rule once said the worse thing you could do to Blackthorne was to take his golf game away. I suspect the same goes for OJ.

When all Drews rights are removed from him and he's in jail being told what to do, when to do it, how does he react? Will he be arrogant or compliant?

I think guys like this are cut from the same cloth. Our reaction is disgust when we see Drew trying to smile & be a smart butt to the media. But in his mind, does he think we'll feel sorry for him? Does he think it makes him appear innocent?

I see it ALL as an act, a front...that smile and the "friendliness" are what he wants the world to see. He can't be that "friendly" and turn around and savagely kill two of his wives. He covers up a lot of rage and hatred for women. IMO, Drew thinks very very little of women. The step daughter from Drew's second marriage talks about how Drew treated her...

http://vodpod.com/watch/1550645-step-daughter-of-drew-peterson-speaks-out

From what Drew has show us of his behavior, I also wonder what his real mind-set is.

My guess is that his arrogance will always be with him. He's facing real charges now, after feeling like he got away with murder. Perhaps he would have never been charged with Kathleen's death, if his 4th wife Stacey had not disappeared into thin air.

About jail life and trial...I think he'll be coached by his atty to be compliant with jail personnel and of course when he is in front of a jury. Inside himself, he will most likely be the same person we have seen in public. I don't think he'll confess or breakdown. The trial will be just another show for him. As long as he pays for his crime/crimes, I'll be happy.

Yay, perp walk, shackled in jumpsuit. Keep laughing DP. The justice system will wipe that smile from your face.

Let's see how many laughs he still has in him as he's sitting in a prison cell twenty years from now.

I expect he'll have very few.

i really think that, in his arrogant little mind, he feels like they have nothing on him. he thinks he will beat this...no big woop, just enjoy the attention while it's here. i'll be acquited in no time. i am so smart, there is no way for them to prove i murdered anyone.

i'm so glad this dirtbag was finally arrested. he is very scary. i just hope they have enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, because he needs to be put away before he kills again.

Let's see how many laughs he still has in him as he's sitting in a prison cell twenty years from now.

I expect he'll have very few.

Agreed Joe.

Happened to see a news show today that showed an older interview with DP. He basically was telling the interviewer that he has a sort of gift for humor. He was trying to explain away his attitude about laughing too much.

Anywho, I don't think anyone in jail will find him funny at all!

great info. All I can say is YAHOO! After a year/half, they finally arrested this narsasist. It's all about me, me, me, my 3 squares, my spiffy outfit, my bling. Yah, one big joke Peterson. What about the kids you left at home without a mom or dad.

I hope a sane family member steps up to the plate to raise these children properly. Lord knows what happened behind those closed doors.

It's a good day!

I see it ALL as an act, a front...that smile and the "friendliness" are what he wants the world to see. He can't be that "friendly" and turn around and savagely kill two of his wives. He covers up a lot of rage and hatred for women. IMO, Drew thinks very very little of women. The step daughter from Drew's second marriage talks about how Drew treated her...

http://vodpod.com/watch/1550645-step-daughter-of-drew-peterson-speaks-out

I agree that it is a front. Training and experience as a cop means that DrewP learned to cover his feelings with some humor. He has even admitted as much on camera.

But now the controlling person is being told when to get up, when to go to bed, when and what to eat and when he can shower. And he cannot give orders, instead he must obey. He is most likely in isolation so the "jokster" no longer has an audience to play on. And he is most likely one of those people who doesn't do well alone. He can't even get on the cell phone or the internet to occupy himself or find someone to flirt with. The senior "honorable" police officer who is used to younger officers looking at him with at least some respect- and now they have a different look in their eyes. The man with the money (the money that he allegedly killed for) cannot even afford bail. And the attorney he bought didn't bother to fly back to show for his arraignment. NOT going to make him happy! It tickled me to death to hear that they delayed the arraignment, it means that he won't have any chance at a lower bail for that much longer.

My guess is that DrewP is not the happy camper like he tries to appear. And my guess would be that his attorney is getting an earful, and that later the jail guards will have problems with him. Because a controller can only cede control for so long. LOL, he will probably try to come up with some physical condition before long that might get him out.

Anyone know the significance of the red suit? Orange suit usually means general population, since his was red does that mean something different?

I agree that it is a front. Training and experience as a cop means that DrewP learned to cover his feelings with some humor. He has even admitted as much on camera.

But now the controlling person is being told when to get up, when to go to bed, when and what to eat and when he can shower. And he cannot give orders, instead he must obey. He is most likely in isolation so the "jokster" no longer has an audience to play on. And he is most likely one of those people who doesn't do well alone. He can't even get on the cell phone or the internet to occupy himself or find someone to flirt with. The senior "honorable" police officer who is used to younger officers looking at him with at least some respect- and now they have a different look in their eyes. The man with the money (the money that he allegedly killed for) cannot even afford bail. And the attorney he bought didn't bother to fly back to show for his arraignment. NOT going to make him happy! It tickled me to death to hear that they delayed the arraignment, it means that he won't have any chance at a lower bail for that much longer.

My guess is that DrewP is not the happy camper like he tries to appear. And my guess would be that his attorney is getting an earful, and that later the jail guards will have problems with him. Because a controller can only cede control for so long. LOL, he will probably try to come up with some physical condition before long that might get him out.

Anyone know the significance of the red suit? Orange suit usually means general population, since his was red does that mean something different?
I am not sure on the colors and the meaning behind them, but do know that different jails and prisons use their own color coded system sometimes. I would imagine that the color he was wearing would be associated with the inmates in protective custody.

ITA that this guy is a sociopath and feels no remorse for his actions, but his behavior today was beyond the pale, off the chain, over the top, add your own expression here.

It's almost like he's delusional: if he acts like it's all a big joke, then maybe it will be? Does he think this is a very special episode of Punk'd? Even Snot Peterson had the decency to remain expressionless.

ITA that this guy is a sociopath and feels no remorse for his actions, but his behavior today was beyond the pale, off the chain, over the top, add your own expression here.

It's almost like he's delusional: if he acts like it's all a big joke, then maybe it will be? Does he think this is a very special episode of Punk'd? Even Snot Peterson had the decency to remain expressionless.

DrewP has been that way from day 1. Or at least right after he quit wearing his ballcap/bandanaface/leatherjacket disguise.

Usually I get bored when they start doing the review of the crime. But in this case I have really enjoyed it. I got to see the disguise photos again. I saw the picture where he looks like the opera character again. DrewP filming the photographers who were filming him. When they start running his quotes about his wives again, I should be good and riled up.

BTW if little Joey is thinking of asking for a change in venue he should think twice. Between his and DrewP's media appearances in the past as well as the present they got it into the national news. It even made IE which isn't a crime news show. LOL, but it never made it into the Cincinnati news. They didn't talk about it when Stacey went missing. They didn't talk about it when Kathleen was determined to be a homicide. But when DrewP got arrested they started talking about it too. And they don't usually cover crimes from other states unless they have a local link or it is major like the Murray building or WTC. If it made it into the Cincy news then probably everyone has heard about it.

I can see the t-shirts on ebay already............"Like my bling bling" and a pair of handcuffed hands underneath! ugh!

I can see the t-shirts on ebay already............"Like my bling bling" and a pair of handcuffed hands underneath! ugh!

LOL sounds like a good myspace badge.

I am not sure on the colors and the meaning behind them, but do know that different jails and prisons use their own color coded system sometimes. I would imagine that the color he was wearing would be associated with the inmates in protective custody.

He reminded me of the red Devil, Went Down to Georgia, all hot with his blingy gold fiddle! Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9tEdbwXxXw XOX

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teadoughnutsdogbanjo