2009.10.02 LKB & JB On Today Show

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MD MOMMY, thank you so much for this comment!!! I could'nt stop laughing for at least 20 minutes with that vision, :rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

You are so welcome. This case haunts me. I have two toddlers and I beat myself up when they fall and bump their head b/c I wasn't there to catch them. KC makes my blood boil, so every now and again I need to whip out the humor b/c it helps me get by. I'm glad I could share my "ugly coping" with you LOL.

Hello WS :)
Quote Respect Mendara

Thank you for posting the questions my mind is too confused right now to remember.

Re: "the DNA being explained away as Casey being her mother." Yes! This has been a bee running in my mind but I could not spit it out as a thought. As a juror I would not be convinced either way about Casey's DNA being found on/or near Caylee. The duct tape...yeah. If there had been a clear print on the other side of the tape and it was Casey's-I would be very compelled toward "Casey killed Caylee." I wonder why Casey's fingerprints weren't found on the duct tape?

I have said it before, I would have to hear Casey testify if I were a juror on this case before I would be able to give my vote. So I am hoping with you that Casey does take the stand. If I were innocent I sure would take the stand.

Also. I am not a mother. I have to give some kind of extra lee-way to Casey, young mothers/mothers in general because of not being a mother. Those of you who have been or are young mothers...is there any lee-way that "she was a young mother?" Can the responsibility drive a girl crazy? Can it be too much?

TIA

:cow:

Maybe I can help you with this: Have you ever had a pet? If so, what if that pet were missing? Would you throw up your hands and go on about your life? Head out to Blockbuster to rent movies without stopping to look for the pet or make a single call regarding the pet's whereabouts? Wouldn't put up a single flyer? Just act as if you'd never had a pet to begin with?

Ever cared about anyone? Ever have an adult be late without calling and get worried?

Multiply that exponentially by the age, maturity and responsibility of that adult to sort of get a grasp of the difference between that feeling and the feeling if a child is missing. Now that's just missing, mind you; a few minutes you don't know where they are. To get to abducted, you've have to multiply that by numbers too big for me to imagine.

I bacame a mom a week before my 19th birthday.I was a better mom then than I am now at 51 [still have 2 little ones].It's more about character and maturity ,than age IMO.I know people [cough..my sister] who were never mature enough to be a good mom.KC had it made.No financial responsibilities,lived at home with built in babysitting.I don't cut her ANY slack.She was selfish,period.

I've never known a mom of any age or situation to have it as easy as did KC, truthfully. Like you, I have two little ones at home and as always, my near perfect hubby but I don't have live-in grandparents on call. I don't have all of my living expenses paid by others. KC didn't even have the day to day struggles of making ends meet that a lot of folks have; she didn't have the worries many of us have; no bills; no responsibilities; and still she couldn't/wouldn't take care of precious little Caylee even part time.

Maybe I can help you with this: Have you ever had a pet? If so, what if that pet were missing? Would you throw up your hands and go on about your life? Head out to Blockbuster to rent movies without stopping to look for the pet or make a single call regarding the pet's whereabouts? Wouldn't put up a single flyer? Just act as if you'd never had a pet to begin with?

Ever cared about anyone? Ever have an adult be late without calling and get worried?

Multiply that exponentially by the age, maturity and responsibility of that adult to sort of get a grasp of the difference between that feeling and the feeling if a child is missing. Now that's just missing, mind you; a few minutes you don't know where they are. To get to abducted, you've have to multiply that by numbers too big for me to imagine.

I called in sick two days at work so I could search for my dog after he got out and wandered off, I was distraught. They could have fired me for all I cared, I could not rest until I found him.... ( we did).
When he died there was no way I would have put him in a garbage bag to bury him, that would be unthinkable, he was a beloved friend.
Putting Caylee into a garbage bag is the thing that enrages me most about this case.

I can't imagine how any forensics would be found on/around the body/skeleton after total decomposition and 6 months of lying in a bug-infested swampland. So how can the case be anything but circumstantial? Does forensic evidence HAVE to exist in order to prove a murder? Or is this just LKB's way of trying to inject reasonable doubt.

Heck, forensic evidence DID exist with OJ and the defense twisted that away...even though all circumstances pointed to him doing the murders. So, if I guess my point is, is that if more forensic evidence existed in this case, LKB's job, then, would be to refute/taint it and twist it like OJ's lawyers did.

Exactly -- the defense wants to convince the public that some sort of smoking gun, definitive, concrete evidence must exist for us to believe what many of us can see is the truth just as clearly as day follows night. Can't even say 'Sorry,' defense team. I, for one, am not buying it -- heck, I won't even rent it!! A lot, if not most, cases do not have that smoking gun. There are a lot of folks on death row convicted with circumstantial evidence. Circumstantial evidence, so I've read, is more common than direct evidence and often more reliable than say the average eye witness.

Quote Respect Brini :)

ITA Yes. I come back to my senses with posts such as this. I remember that being Caylee's mother should have made her more protective of Caylee, not drive her to harm her. And as far as any mother that can admit, that her children have made her have to give herself a "time out"- can I say thank you. You are the mothers I knew were out there. Hope are out there. No one is perfect and when people such as Cindy A try to say that she and Casey were "perfect" mothers...I question. :snooty:

I would say that mothers like Cindy and Casey do not have the strength(?)whatever is missing to take that step and be extra self-less enough to know when they have "had enough" and do what is needed to correct that. Is that ignorance or laziness? Do some women have a stronger "motherly" instinct? I think some men have more of a mothering instinct than some women. Maybe some women just did not and do not want their children any more, but society says that is taboo...still no reason/excuse to hurt their children, as far as people like us think. But, I am maybe beginning to understand that they do not think that way?...Obviously they don't?

With Cindy and Casey...was this a momentary thing? No, I think it was and is the whole way they approached being "mothers." I have a lot of deep feelings about this, of course-its part of what you ask yourself about a case like this, part of what I am trying to understand how mothers of all people can hurt their children-and should we continue to call them mothers for the sake of our own sanity? It gets confusing.

Cindy is blown away by Casey and knows she could never kill her child/grandchild in the traditional sense-she likes to slowly drain the life from those she "loves." Casey works quicker than that, plus Cindy draws her energy from those she "loves" and Casey gets her energy from the next "big thing."

:cow:

ETA: To stay ot...this interview today with Casey's lawyers might lead a person to believe or question thinking that Casey was a "bad mom" that what she did was the same "stupid things" "everybody does." And, their spin gives me a spin that I wanted to iron out, their tactics almost kind of work...for a minute. Scary to admit. Sorry to admit.

They like to talk about how everyone says she's a good mother but consider some of those witnesses: What do they know about good mothers? At least one of those witnesses also described KC taking Caylee to parties and poor Caylee trying to sleep through the "adults" partying. Is that a "good" mother? How many mothers here did that with their young children?? And other "get togethers" didn't sound to me like events to which I'd take my children but maybe that's just me. Wouldn't occur to me to search nightclubs for my little ones either.

They do? Thats new to me and I know this case very well. Quote that link please

Mitochondrial dna from the hair from a dead Anthony and as KC remarked to TMc, "I'm alive." You can check the TMc thread and there are also threads regarding the trunk evidence and possibly specifically for the hair. If you do a search you'll find a lot of references.

Hair in trunk (Q 12.1) was from a dead person with the same mitochondrial DNA as Casey Anthony, which runs in the female line of a family. http://blogs.discovery.com/files/18530294.pdf p. 8. As Casey said, "well, I'm alive"...and Lee's alive, and Cindy's alive, and SP (grandma)'s alive...and really the only person who would have that mDNA who is not alive and became not-alive anytime recently is Caylee.

The hair in the trunk (Q12.1) was also microscopically similar to the hair in Caylee's hairbrush. http://www.wftv.com/pdf/18740657/detail.html p. 29

The hair in the trunk (Q12.1) was also microscopically similar to the hair attached to Caylee's head when her body was found (Q59). http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3743-3801redacted.pdf p. 55.

The Q59 hair also had the same mDNA as Casey. http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/3743-3801redacted.pdf p. 41.

Wow! You're GOOD!!

A question for the lawyers among us...
Could the judge issue a gag order for this case?

If he can....shouldn't he?

I do remember that Baez did NOT want a gag order ( now we know why),
but all this spewing forth of inaccurate information from the defense seems outrageous and prejudicial.

Can't Strickland stop this nonsense..??

It's already been argued and a decision rendered. The court technically could, on its own motion, change it but it's very, very unlikely the judge would reconsider the decision without proper pleadings from one side or the other. As the issue has already been argued, if the court reversed on its own motion, it would be in the appellate court on a petition for certiorari so fast...

ETA: Don't forget, the media has a dog in this fight too.

Well CA is setting that up by looking for Caylee a couple months ago right? I don't think they are going to say that, I think they are just trying to poke holes in all of the lab testing. Who knows. I think this is going to be a very frustrating trial. We keep hearing how the state has the burden of truth so let's hope those attorneys can get down in the mud with the defense team when they are trying to rebut every bit of evidence. This is going to be one of those times where they may just have to stoop to their level. I am still waiting to hear that KC was abducted by aliens, who knows, maybe that's the truth that will come out at trial.

The prosecution seems very competent. I wonder if this nonsense keeps up, if the SA won't look at bringing some kind of charges against the rest of the Anthony family.

They like to talk about how everyone says she's a good mother but consider some of those witnesses: What do they know about good mothers? At least one of those witnesses also described KC taking Caylee to parties and poor Caylee trying to sleep through the "adults" partying. Is that a "good" mother? How many mothers here did that with their young children?? And other "get togethers" didn't sound to me like events to which I'd take my children but maybe that's just me. Wouldn't occur to me to search nightclubs for my little ones either.

A lot of mothers don't put their two-year olds to bed with the current b.f., and self, either. (Ricardo).

They do? Thats new to me and I know this case very well. Quote that link please

Which murder case would you like to see (re: convicted with less evidence).

You could start w/ SP. Check out our threads and evidence re: that case.

If you know the KC case so well, how have you managed to miss so much of the evidence?

Okay, I found where the "18 latent lifts" that LKB was requesting from the FBI came from.

Go to pages 18-19 of this pdf:

http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFiles/evidence reports.pdf

There were exactly 18 latent lifts developed from items at the Anthony home. That's the 18 LKB asked for. I can't find anywhere that they were forwarded to the FBI, so that's why the FBI stated they were provided none in this case.

P.S. Sorry - wrong thread!

Not sure if this should be posted here but it is media related and did not want to start a thread for it.
JB on G @ Large, I think last night.
Check out JB's answer when G asks about plea deal.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgGJ9KnbEYo"]YouTube - Geraldo with Jose Baez 10/4/09 Part 1[/ame]

In 2nd part, one of the talking heads comments on that answer.

QB - I can't view youtubes here, can you type out what his response is? I'm very curious!!!

Not sure if this should be posted here but it is media related and did not want to start a thread for it.
JB on G @ Large, I think last night.
Check out JB's answer when G asks about plea deal.

YouTube - Geraldo with Jose Baez 10/4/09 Part 1

In 2nd part, one of the talking heads comments on that answer.

I'm sorry but I just have to ask. Did any of you notice the location that this interview between GR and JB took place? No? A marina, a dock for little yachts, the larger ones out of camera range! How appropriate JB! I hope the A's get their panties in knots due to the fact that you are out on a large yacht(with GR no less) while they are stuck on a dinky barely 4 seater bass boat(with the M's) that is probably repossessed by now! Would serve you right. JMHO :)

Wow, that stack of 9,000 pages sure was pretty impressive! :) I'll bet there are 10,000 more coming, eventually.

Nice of the Today show to put on the Kerry Sanders piece first, with the 31 days and partying during it. And the interviewer bringing up those same issues. That is one mountain the defense will never surmount. It cannot be dismissed by "people do stupid things."

I have to say, I LAUGHED OUT LOUD several times while LKB and Jose were talking. It's obvious - to me at least - that they "doth protest too much" as the saying goes.

The ineffective defense team "diversion strategy" continues... Hope Jose enjoys his NYC trip! Just in time for some weekend boating! heh

I haven't read all six pages so excuse me if this has been mentioned.

I am furious that this large stack of papers is only "one" set of what has been released! OK, yes, littering, and wasting the environment in one of my pet peeves. To think that KC is not just dissing her own baby with her lying, and putting unnecessary burdens on the FLA taxpayers, but on top of it murdering ---god knows how many---trees on top of that.......FOR NOTHING! It just really gets my goat!!!!! OK where is the rant thread? :furious: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sara45