2009.10.09 Duct Tape Photos From Remains Released

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What about the missing plaid blanket? If that was in the trunk at the time, any of those colors might have been fabric transfer, right? If so, that might indicate where it took place.

Confirmation that a digital reconstruction of the duct tape on Caylee's face show the tape could have been the "murder weapon". See more at link:

http://www.wesh.com/news/23867407/detail.html

This would probably be the ultimate tipping point for me (if I were a juror) to actually see that the tape could not have been placed any other way but across this child's face. At this point, I am not sure it would matter whether it happened pre or post mortem, as ante mortem is enough to show purposeful intent - unless kc decided to confess to an accidental death and a coverup. Keep hoping we can come up with the wool fiber "eureka moment" that would tie kc to the duct tape over Caylee's face.

Just had a thought . . . . did one of the A's have a black wool (sheepskin) seatbelt cover to protect the wearer from chafing on the neck and shoulder area in their rigs? Did kc have one in her car? that could account for the black wool fibers on the duct tape. Anyone remember seeing a seatbelt cover or sheepskin seat covers? I thought I remember CA saying something about kc having seat covers in ther car that were sometimes put in the blue bin in her trunk.

Maybe she was trying to frame her dad, as plan B? Who knows? I remember reading that she spent a lot of time yelling at George. I believe that came from one of Cindy's co-workers. Something Cindy had told that person.

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/24017966/detail.html

see video within article...

600 pages of documents released...shows prosecution strategy..

Longest piece of duct tape 9 1/2" long, shortest 7 1/2"--prosecutors needed the exact measurements to do a digital reconstruction of the alleged "murder weapon"..how it was used to asphixiate Caylee...

ICA infuriates me...I do hope her fate is already destined...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

one two three four FIVE TO BUMP this thread

Most of these threads make me weep, the tape literally makes me nauseas to the point of gagging.

who - piece of cake,
what - LE has done incredible -
when - we are pretty darn close,
why - we know.
HOW
HOW in hell could she have done this.
How could anyone.
How can she stand to look at herself, sleep at night or continue to breathe "our air" -

HOW and HOW can her family support her?

In light of the defense's depo of Dr. G and their subsequent remarks to the press -

Bumping for their benefit in case someone from their camp wants to read and get a clue!

In light of the defense's depo of Dr. G and their subsequent remarks to the press -

Bumping for their benefit in case someone from their camp wants to read and get a clue!

I think they already have a clue, they are just trying to find a good place to hide it. They will be jabbering the same nonsense right up to the trial, but then the truth will come out and the jury will see and hear everything and all of this pretrial bs will be just a bad memory.

Or a rug.

Wonder if Cindy had any wool throw rugs around the house, like a Flokati (I believe that's what they're called). Black might be an unusual color for Florida though. Also, Target sometimes has nice sweaters on clearance that are part wool or cashmere. Casey might have bought something with Cindy's credit card and had it in the truck.

WESH-Ch. 2’s Bob Kealing tonight examined how Casey Anthony’s defense is challenging what has been said about the duct tape. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter. Defense attorney Cheney Mason said there was some tape on the child’s hair, but none was over her airways.

Kealing listed what others have said: Prosecutors say the tape was over Caylee’s mouth. Dr. Jan Garavaglia said the tape was placed over Caylee’s lower skull before decomposition. Roy Kronk, the meter reader who found the child’s remains, has testified that the tape was on the skull and over the mouth.

Kealing turned to local attorney Richard Hornsby for analysis, and he said the defense could argue that tape was used for another reason, such as wrapping up the child in a bag. Kealing concluded that jurors will decide for themselves when they look at photographs that haven’t been made public yet.

In a later report, Kealing examined similarities between the Anthony case and that of Scott Peterson, the California man who was sentenced to die for the murder of his wife and unborn child. ”In both cases, the victims’ cause of death was never determined,” Kealing noted. ”The jurors later explained that they recommended death for Peterson because he betrayed his responsibility to protect his wife and unborn child.”
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ony-wesh-explores-the-focus-on-duct-tape.html

The defense can try and spin this all they like but when those jurors get a look at the autopsy photos, it will be a done deal for ICA..the defense will loose credibility if they try and minimize this evil deed...Dr. G has credibility on her side and she will speak with an informed tongue, not a forked tongue as the defense is....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ony-wesh-explores-the-focus-on-duct-tape.html

The defense can try and spin this all they like but when those jurors get a look at the autopsy photos, it will be a done deal for ICA..the defense will loose credibility if they try and minimize this evil deed...Dr. G has credibility on her side and she will speak with an informed tongue, not a forked tongue as the defense is....JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Agree-Dr. G seems to rarely use "I don't know, I'm not sure," or "Maybe" as asnwers. She pushes past that point until she in firm. If there is a reason no soft tissue was found, she will be able to explain it (I'm not the doctor, I can't explain it with certainty though I could give it a good guess).
To me, and as you have noted, it is more telling that KC left her daughter out there long enough to get to the point of full skeletonization to begin with. And the state will make that link easily.

Justice for Caylee

ITA. Those jurors seeing those photographs is going to be what does it. My mind shies away from even wanting to imagine how horrible those photos look-for every possible angle, blown up, clear as a bell, showing that poor baby's skull with silver duct tape covering her mouth and nose area, the tape tangled and matted into her hair, holding her mandible into place :( Cheney Mason can spin all he wants. A photo is worth a thousand words, and those photos will say it all.

Justice for Caylee, indeed.

Wonder if Cindy had any wool throw rugs around the house, like a Flokati (I believe that's what they're called). Black might be an unusual color for Florida though. Also, Target sometimes has nice sweaters on clearance that are part wool or cashmere. Casey might have bought something with Cindy's credit card and had it in the truck.

You know it might have even been an article of clothing that belonged to Tony she had in the car, such as a sweater she borrowed to drive home in late one night, and returned it the day she met Tony to rent videos.

BBM

I know it isn't all that important, but just wanted to let you know that I'm from Florida and wear black constantly.....

Have any studies been done on what length of time after death, in high temperatures, the skin remains able to have tape adhere to it?

I googled and searched here to no avail (but found some good links to WSers' work both here and on other sites, go team).

Have any studies been done on what length of time after death, in high temperatures, the skin remains able to have tape adhere to it?

I googled and searched here to no avail (but found some good links to WSers' work both here and on other sites, go team).

the only place that I would know to look for the answer to your question would be the body farm.

I am not sure that it would matter past 14 days as the body should have been completely skeltonized by that time in FL heat. Some things that come to mind (albeit quite gruesome) are body bloating which would more than likely play a role in positioning on the skin, as well as sloughing off and liquids emerging from a corpse. (IMO)

I think that is why the placement of the duct tape on little Caylee is so compelling as it was stuck to the hair and held the mandible in place.

I think that is why the placement of the duct tape on little Caylee is so compelling as it was stuck to the hair and held the mandible in place.

RS&BBM, and thanks wenwe for the response...

I'm trying to see where the defense (keep trying to type "offense") is going...

What I am afraid of is that the defense will say that because the tape was held to the remains via the hair, there is no evidence that it was applied before decomposition set in enough to inhibit adhesiveness from tape to skin. In this scenario, the tape was applied after decomp set in/after KC likely last had contact with the corpse, and the hair was used to adhere the tape over the face... And KC didn't do it, and even if she did she didn't put the tape on...

Does any of that make sense?

I don't believe this, and I don't like typing it. But we cannot underestimate the depths to which the defense will sink as they grasp for a plausible straw... :furious:

RS&BBM, and thanks wenwe for the response...

I'm trying to see where the defense (keep trying to type "offense") is going...

What I am afraid of is that the defense will say that because the tape was held to the remains via the hair, there is no evidence that it was applied before decomposition set in enough to inhibit adhesiveness from tape to skin. In this scenario, the tape was applied after decomp set in/after KC likely last had contact with the corpse, and the hair was used to adhere the tape over the face... And KC didn't do it, and even if she did she didn't put the tape on...

Does any of that make sense?

I don't believe this, and I don't like typing it. But we cannot underestimate the depths to which the defense will sink as they grasp for a plausible straw... :furious:

Except the fact that the duct tape was holding her mandilble in place STILL after being out in the weather and hurricane is going to blow whatever they try to spin it as to bits. If it was JUST on the hair, that would be a whole different story. No, it was on her actual face and they will be soundly shot down by the SA and the forensics. Just you watch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth
Back