2009.10.12 Defense's Jury Motions for Fraud Trial

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the questions don't seem too out of the ordinary for a jury questionnare to me, except for religious and political affiliation. Is that normal to ask for those? I've only served on a jury twice and can't remember if that was asked or not. It seems to have the potential for profiling.

I have served on a jury and was never asked any of the majority of the questions asked. I am coming up again for jury duty again soon and if I had to fill out all those questions I would be disqualified because some are way too personal, particularly political affiliation and religion. Many questions have nothing to do with the trial.

So Andrea Lyons is going to represent KC on the fraud trial........ huh?

This trial seems to be an open and shut case with the videos at the stores and KC's own signature on Amy's checks.

Why would AL need to be on this case and where in the world is KC getting the money to pay for all this?

Well, there's goes any chance of "ineffective assistance of counsel" in the fraud case. My guess is that AL is going to use this case as motion practice for her students. What I found pretty interesting in these latest motions was the request to forbid Caylee's name from being mentioned in the fraud trial. Riiiiiiiiight. Yeah, let's go with that one. Let's for sure get the perp's multiple confessions thrown out because in admitting them we'd have to mention the murder case and or Caylee. <oops, forgot sarcasm alert>

OK....confession time. I was a juror in a somewhat high-profile murder trial some time ago (in another state.....not WA.). The case in quesion had pre-trial publicity and a lot of mudslinging from the defense. I was heavily questioned by both sides during voir dire but never, ever answered this type on invasive (imo) questionnaire!!! And yes--I answered voir dire questions in front of the judge, defendent, all counsel (pros. and defense) and a huge gallery of the jury pool. It was an honor to serve as a juror and I'm glad I did it....but I almost feel sorry for the potential jurors who have to deal with this carp!

JMO...

I find it highly unlikely the Court will allow this invasive list of questions in total. Some, yeah, sure but not the lengths to which the defense wants to go. JMO

It might be hard to find a Juror who would be able to watch a video of KC committing the crimes and then is able to find her not guilty though :innocent:

I sure hope so! Especially with her taped confessions.

Got these today, don't think the media has them up yet. Also have a couple other motions to exclude evidence that will be a separate thread.

Andrea Lyon - Motion for Admission To Appear Pro Hac Vice (Fraud Trial, 5 pages)
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/13091969/Motion-For-Admission-To-Appear-Pro-Hac-Vice

Motion For Individually Sequestered Jury Voir Dire (Fraud Trial) (includes Memorandum Of Law in Support and Table Of Exhibits, 13 pages)
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13096875

Motion for Jury Questionaire (Fraud Trial) (Includes Memorandum of Law in Support and Table of Exhibits, 16 pages)
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13097020

Juror Questionaire (Fraud Trial, 10 pages)
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=13097241

On the Juror Questionaire - My answer for Question 20 would probably be "You only live once, enjoy it while you can!" :)

Tell us how we can donate to your court clerk fees fund!. I'll be the first to send you some funds, it isn't fair that you put up the money each and every time.

Funny how A. Lyons asked to have the criminal trial moved because she had teaching commitments but she is now available for the fraud trial. Guess the fraud trial is just not that complicated. No witnesses for the defense. It will probably take longer to fill out the questionnaire than to sit for the trial.

Tell us how we can donate to your court clerk fees fund!. I'll be the first to send you some funds, it isn't fair that you put up the money each and every time.

It should be set up by tomorrow and will be in my sig. It does get expensive sometimes at $1 a page!

And thank you for the offer! :)

I find it highly unlikely the Court will allow this invasive list of questions in total. Some, yeah, sure but not the lengths to which the defense wants to go. JMO

Agreed. But they will get some of these questions. I'm hoping it's JS who does the actual Voir Dire.

Since it states that you are answering the questions under oath...Does that mean I could answer the ones that you feel are to invasive (sp?) "I have chosen not to answer this question"?

JB, et al, have forgotten some key questions, such as blood type, dietary preferences, allergies, and whether the juror shops as Target. (rolls eyes).

Most of the questions don't seem too out of the ordinary for a jury questionnare to me, except for religious and political affiliation. Is that normal to ask for those? I've only served on a jury twice and can't remember if that was asked or not. It seems to have the potential for profiling.

Not normal at all, in my experience. Nor is the request to sequester jurors individually.

At least, KC will still be in jail during the decade, or so, it takes to choose and seat a jury. (rolls eyes)

It should be set up by tomorrow and will be in my sig. It does get expensive sometimes at $1 a page!

And thank you for the offer! :)

ON that page that we can down load from, is there any way you could put the info there. Cause I have seen it posted else where that files can be picked up there. Another words, maybe some of the folks not from here, might want to pitch in as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member