2010.01.25 Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree. I think that KC is not remorsefull for what she did to Amy. I think her little speech that she gave today was rehearsed and possibly scripted for her to say by either JB or AL. It was all part of the deal that she took today. She intentionally took the money when she spotted the checkbook in AH's car and saw the balance. She had a "hotdog!! I got me some money to spend and I'm taking my happy a$$ shopping!!" moment and went on a spree never even considering what would happen to AH in the long run. She never thought about how AH would feel having her best friend betray her and clean out her bank account. She never thought that AH would go to the police and turn her in because she didn't think she would ever get caught. The little "I'm sorry" jag was just that... a jag that meant nothing except that she was caught and it was a scripted spiel that she had to say to the judge. Whoopee. JMO
...and maybe the reality that she was now a convicted felon sunk in?

I think it's possible at least half of that, or some, I don't know, would be members who just haven't signed in. I don't leave my account automatically signed in on anything (I have this horrible fear of my computer being stolen) so a great many times, I simply read until I want to say something. Like now. Not that I've said anything of value, haa.

I also was not moved in the least by Casey's apology, although I give her credit for saying it. It was a little bit of an extra thing, not required, and so far she hasn't done anything that hasn't been exactly required of her. So it's a baby step. She still has an ugly heart, and it shows, but nonetheless.

When JB's files fell, my boyfriend says really dead-pan, "Jose dropped his s..t". I died laughing. That was my favorite part.

There was a little discussion here about how much discovery has been released (the 90%), and I do believe it was 10,000 pages. I remember seeing a news report where a reporter was standing in front of a pile of papers stacked up to what that 10,000 pages would represent, and it came clear up to his belly button. So if we're due another 10% of that, that's a HUGE amount of information.

I was surprised the JA mentioned the latent prints in the middle of what would otherwise be a zone out moment for me. Is he allowed to do that? I guess so.

Cindy looked at George crying and he handed her a tissue, she turned and said "thank you" to him, then turned and said something else to him, which I thought was "thank you, George", but others here thought she said I love you, george. Either way, he did NOT reply back, just blew air out of his lips and stared ahead. It was the first time I'd noticed age spots on his head. He's really suffering, no doubt.

LOL ... perfect ending to the trial ... Guess JB hasn't taken Lyon's advice yet ... always put your files in a binder, that way they stay organized and won't fall out ... maybe he'll use one now !!

It would be nice if there was another angle. I too saw and heard the same thing. At the time, I thought that someone had inadvertantly bumped the mic but then when the camera went back to them, everyone had a concerned look on their faces and then AL moved her hand over like she was ready to put her hand over Casey's. It was all rather odd. Also, Casey was breathing deeply and looked mad as heck! They were talking about reimbursement of the invesitgative costs at the time. It was a large sum so maybe she was mad because they expected her to pay those..guess she wanted to weigh in? Ha!
IIRC...on the youtube posted the shooter of the video said something to the effect that it was too much. Was that Patty G.'s video?

...and maybe the reality that she was now a convicted felon sunk in?
Exactly... which is why I think CA was crying in court. That fact sunk in on her.. her child is now a convicted felon.

I watched the hearings the second time AZlawyer. The first time I heard JA say latent prints evidence, but the second time, when I was calmer, I hear him saying "latent evidence". Looks like I wanted to hear the word "prints" but didn't actually.

BBM

Go to the 5:30 mark of this video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaVGs_cMiuY&feature=player_embedded#

JA says ....I do believe that there are some latent print related items that are not in discovery that I've been able to find.....

JA stated that the defense had requested materials from Oak Ridge but Oak Ridge is refusing to send it.

What this may mean is that the defense could be asking for anything (like personal credit histories, personal medical histories or any other stupid thing the defense might want). It may not have anything to do with the evidence at all. JA's point was that the State didn't have a dog in that fight and JS suggested that Oakridge needed to send it's lawyers to argue why the defense requests were denied.

Didn't hear anything about latent prints, although, I was watching it on InSession so it may have happened while on commercial.

I've always said that we won't see the smoking gun evidence until right before the trial or the last cut off date to turn over discovery. I'm sure they don't want to show their hand until the absolute last minute.

JMHO as always.

Thanks, I had forgotten about the info Baez was asking for about procedures and personnel from Oakridge ... there was quite a bit of info related to this in one of the discovery releases but I don't think it was anywhere near Baez's ridiculous demands ...
So, the FBI is the latent print evidence that's not turned over yet? ... so confusing ...

Do you think that if Amy had not pressed charges (like grandma, mom, Lee and others have not) that the check forging would become part of the murder case? It's all tied together it seems. Will KC's stealing from AH be brought into the murder trial? Does the plea deal have an affect on if it could enter into the murder trial or not?

Respecfully Quoted Woe.be.gone :)

Yes. I am confused about all those questions. Could you tell? LOL.

But JB takes all those "grey areas" that cannot be helped due to the nature of this case and seems to say: "this is personal against Casey because people have already decided she was guilty."

If you read between the emotional lines I feel I am being told, "Casey can not and will never get a fair trial because some/to many people have already(unfairly)made up their minds that Casey is guilty.

I have been waiting so long to hear what "she/they" had to say for herself: that is what I am concentrating on-taking them seriously to a degree.

It's like a con game: "if you think Casey killed Caylee then you have jumped to judgement on a person who could be innocent but now we will never know because you have already convicted her." Something like that is the feeling I am left with today after tying to take JB seriously.

...jmo...

Did anyone else catch another " Casey tussle" over the microphone? There is whispering going on, I presume Casey to Baez, then the grab by Baez to remove the mic out of her reach, troubled looks by all parties then Lyons places her hand/arm very close to Casey to stop her from doing it again. I can't make out the whispering maybe someone else can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIpHhRe8f04&feature=sub

at 6.11

Also at about 1:25, you can see her either clench her jaw or "schwallow" so hard that her ear moves! Lol! How much force must be being exerted to pull that off? Haha!

am i understanding this correctly - it's ok to take the depo but the status of whether it can be heard or will be addressed in court is not known at this time - thought I heard this from someone, or I have gone mad
re: Jill

George looked devastated almost like he was sick of the whole I believe in KC thing but whatever it is He is just a very sad man you can almost feel the pain when you look at him IMO I still feel bad for him and Cindy, but he has taken it the hardest imo

Did anyone notice before the trial started when Jose was showing something to AL she kind of screwed up her face and her jaw dropped in disbelief ... thats what I thought anyway would love to know what it was about

JB is going to be on JVM (4 pm PST) to discuss today's hearing.

What I am trying to understand is this: I know that it is the defense's job to defend their client but is it always a theme/tactic that the defense claim there are personal motivations on the part the prosecution/court when it comes them bringing their case against Casey Anthony? ETA: or any case.

--snipped for brevity, although the whole post rocked!

Well, when you're desperate...when ya got nothin' going your way..., you go with what you have to, I guess. It really isn't all that uncommon. O.J. swore it was all personal, too. Just a cowardly smoke screen.

I think it's possible at least half of that, or some, I don't know, would be members who just haven't signed in. I don't leave my account automatically signed in on anything (I have this horrible fear of my computer being stolen) so a great many times, I simply read until I want to say something. Like now. Not that I've said anything of value, haa.

I also was not moved in the least by Casey's apology, although I give her credit for saying it. It was a little bit of an extra thing, not required, and so far she hasn't done anything that hasn't been exactly required of her. So it's a baby step. She still has an ugly heart, and it shows, but nonetheless.

When JB's files fell, my boyfriend says really dead-pan, "Jose dropped his s..t". I died laughing. That was my favorite part.

There was a little discussion here about how much discovery has been released (the 90%), and I do believe it was 10,000 pages. I remember seeing a news report where a reporter was standing in front of a pile of papers stacked up to what that 10,000 pages would represent, and it came clear up to his belly button. So if we're due another 10% of that, that's a HUGE amount of information.

I was surprised the JA mentioned the latent prints in the middle of what would otherwise be a zone out moment for me. Is he allowed to do that? I guess so.

Cindy looked at George crying and he handed her a tissue, she turned and said "thank you" to him, then turned and said something else to him, which I thought was "thank you, George", but others here thought she said I love you, george. Either way, he did NOT reply back, just blew air out of his lips and stared ahead. It was the first time I'd noticed age spots on his head. He's really suffering, no doubt.

BBM
I also thought she said "I love you". She kept looking back at him as if waiting for a reaction, and there was no acknowledgment from him to her that she had said anything

IIRC...on the youtube posted the shooter of the video said something to the effect that it was too much. Was that Patty G.'s video?

The video I posted was Patty's. Watched it again on WFTV and it is even more striking. Pissed off looks all round.

BBM
I also thought she said "I love you". She kept looking back at him as if waiting for a reaction, and there was no acknowledgment from him to her that she had said anything
You are 100% correct.

George looked devastated almost like he was sick of the whole I believe in KC thing but whatever it is He is just a very sad man you can almost feel the pain when you look at him IMO I still feel bad for him and Cindy, but he has taken it the hardest imo

I agree, this was a tough day for George...but then I think everyday has been difficult for him.

I just watched the Tim Miller (TES) interview again where he states he believes GA KNOWS (according to a statement made the day he met the A's) that KC is the only one that really knows what happened. It has to be gut wrenching to know this in your heart, but unable to admit it or express it due to having to support CA.

I watched the hearings the second time AZlawyer. The first time I heard JA say latent prints evidence, but the second time, when I was calmer, I hear him saying "latent evidence". Looks like I wanted to hear the word "prints" but didn't actually.
Well, I could have sworn I heard prints, too. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member