2010.03.02 Teresa N-Suspicious Behavior

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lively discussion about what Ron and Teresa said in a NG interview on 3/19/09. In this interview (the discussion is in the last few posts of the AC Repairman thread), I noticed that Teresa was asked a direct question of who was there at the MH that night.

She gives three people: AC guy, a cousin, and her mother. She never mentions that Aunt Lisa was there. We in fact do not learn of Aunt Lisa being there until August, during Misty's 'hypnosis' session.

Why the omission, TN? This seems suspicious to me. Was Aunt Lisa there, or wasn't she? Why two stories..............again????

Debs this point has been bugging me to no end because I just want accurate information and less run around. I have been reading the Nancy Grace transcripts from very early in the case and one that caught my eye last night was from February 17, 2009, 7 days after Haleigh went missing and ironically enough the same day we heard that a tip came in from the public via the media that Misty may not have been home the night Haleigh went missing. TN was adamant that Misty was home, or at least up until a point. Why? Because her family memberS were at the house that night checking on the children and dropping off laundry.

snip~GRACE: We are taking your calls live. But first, to Teresa Neves, the paternal grandmother of little Haleigh. Ms. Neves, again, thank you for being with us. In light of the recent reporting by WJXT on a tip that police have received that Misty was not in the home when the little girl, Haleigh, goes missing, you believe she was. Explain.

NEVES: I do believe she was at home. I believe she`s a very responsible girl. I believe -- like I say, I had family members there that night, dropping off clothes, and so I know she was there up until a point. And I don`t believe that she left after that.~end snip

So we did in fact hear that TN had family members there at the trailer that night even though they might not have been named. This was one week after Haleigh was reported missing, I think it is worth mentioning.

Debs this point has been bugging me to no end because I just want accurate information and less run around. I have been reading the Nancy Grace transcripts from very early in the case and one that caught my eye last night was from February 17, 2009, 7 days after Haleigh went missing and ironically enough the same day we heard that a tip came in from the public via the media that Misty may not have been home the night Haleigh went missing. TN was adamant that Misty was home, or at least up until a point. Why? Because her family memberS were at the house that night checking on the children and dropping off laundry.

snip~GRACE: We are taking your calls live. But first, to Teresa Neves, the paternal grandmother of little Haleigh. Ms. Neves, again, thank you for being with us. In light of the recent reporting by WJXT on a tip that police have received that Misty was not in the home when the little girl, Haleigh, goes missing, you believe she was. Explain.

NEVES: I do believe she was at home. I believe she`s a very responsible girl. I believe -- like I say, I had family members there that night, dropping off clothes, and so I know she was there up until a point. And I don`t believe that she left after that.~end snip

So we did in fact hear that TN had family members there at the trailer that night even though they might not have been named. This was one week after Haleigh was reported missing, I think it is worth mentioning.

Well, technically, she DID have family members there that night. Haleigh and Jr. And possibly Ron. Just how many others were there, we'll never really quite know, will we?

It was TN that described JO as a "sexual offender"

I think that is an error. Do you have a link? This is the article that I remember where SO and TN are mentioned together. TN didn't say that on this link.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/23/amber_alert__haleigh_reward_upped_to_20000.html

Amber Alert -- Haleigh's Father Orders Geraldo Rivera To Leave

(snipped)

Speculation Over Sex Offender

Investigators said a known sex offender was in Central Florida visiting his cousin, Misty Croslin, when Haleigh disappeared.

Croslin, 17, is the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and was the last one to see the missing girl.

Family members said they do not care who has the girl; they just want her back.

"As far as the cousin, I mean, Ronald wants Haleigh home, and he doesn't care who has her, how they got her. He wants her home," said Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother. "You know, if it's the cousin, then we hope they lock him up."

(snipped)

It was TN that described JO as a "sexual offender"

My recollection is, Misty spun this yarn about Joe - saying "he messed with me" and most likely everyone just went with it because that is what Misty said. I seriously doubt any of them know the truth about Joe, or care for that matter. Just one more excuse for them to throw out to the public.

My recollection is, Misty spun this yarn about Joe - saying "he messed with me" and most likely everyone just went with it because that is what Misty said. I seriously doubt any of them know the truth about Joe, or care for that matter. Just one more excuse for them to throw out to the public.

They all jumped on that wagon and IIRC CC is the one who referred to cousin Jo as being a pedo-fire (her word not mine)..JMO

Absolutely. I think that maybe she warned them that Haleigh needed to go to the hospital and they flat out told her NO, already thinking ahead of what that would mean for Ron. Since they refused to take her advice...she said she didn't want no part of it.

JMO though

IMO, by the time she got there, it was too late and Haleigh was gone. That is the only way I can see her keeping quiet. She wanted no part of it so left believing they would call an ambulance. Instead woke up to Haleigh missing. If she talks then, she may risk charges for not reporting the death.

If they "refused" to take her to the hospital, she could saved herself by talking. All she had to do was tell LE she saw them putting Haleigh in the car to take her to ER so went home believing Haleigh was getting help.

I think that TN is keeping her name out of it because TN is the one who called her over. That would put TN at the MH.

I agree that the allegations of Joe being a SO originated from Misty, and the rest jumped on the bandwagon. In the following articles, TN and CS talk to the media about cousin Joe and the SO allegation.

02/21/2009
"I felt like he was someone worth looking into, so I told the investigators," Neves said. "He's not part of my family. I don't even know his name. But I hope that was her [in Tennessee]; at least I would know she was eating well."
The last sentence refers to a reported sighting of Haleigh in a TN restaurant with a man who drove a red pickup

Croslin said the man "messed with her" as a child, but didn't think he was listed as a sex offender.

"If we would have had any idea, he wouldn't have been around Haleigh," Neves said. "He did not carry a sign saying 'I'm a sexual offender, I'm going to steal your child.' He came to our home as a relative."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-21/story/few_leads_in_search_to_find_haleigh_cummings

02/22/2009
"What we've been told is that he's a sexual pedophile," said Haleigh's mother Crystal Sheffield. The child's grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Croslin described him as a "jerk" and she was worried.

"I couldn't tell you anything about him," a distraught Neves told reporters Friday, adding that she only knew of the cousin by his first name Joe. "I can't tell you how they could have taken her from a family that absolutely adores her."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497744,00.html

I find it interesting that she says "I couldn't tell you anything about him." Between these two articles and the video Peliman referenced, it seems to me she said a whole lot.

I think that is an error. Do you have a link? This is the article that I remember where SO and TN are mentioned together. TN didn't say that on this link.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2009/2/23/amber_alert__haleigh_reward_upped_to_20000.html

Amber Alert -- Haleigh's Father Orders Geraldo Rivera To Leave

(snipped)

Speculation Over Sex Offender

Investigators said a known sex offender was in Central Florida visiting his cousin, Misty Croslin, when Haleigh disappeared.

Croslin, 17, is the girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings, and was the last one to see the missing girl.

"As far as the cousin, I mean, Ronald wants Haleigh home, and he doesn't care who has her, how they got her. He wants her home," said Teresa Neves, Haleigh's grandmother. "You know, if it's the cousin, then we hope they lock him up."

(snipped)

IMO, TN was strange in this video. TN talked about how they knew that the cousin did things, Ronald would have beat him up. I couldn't hear the last word she said but after saying that Ronald would have beat him, she laughed, this strange laugh. I just thought it was weird to laugh about how your son would have beat the guy who may have messed with a child.
The entire video, she seemed more giddy than upset.

I agree that the allegations of Joe being a SO originated from Misty, and the rest jumped on the bandwagon. In the following articles, TN and CS talk to the media about cousin Joe and the SO allegation.

02/21/2009
"I felt like he was someone worth looking into, so I told the investigators," Neves said. "He's not part of my family. I don't even know his name. But I hope that was her [in Tennessee]; at least I would know she was eating well."
The last sentence refers to a reported sighting of Haleigh in a TN restaurant with a man who drove a red pickup
<snip>

Quess TN likes Caberra's. Seriously, are they looking for a child or a lost puppy? "at least I would know she was eating well." Very strange comment to me. With Haleigh's medical issues, eating probably wasn't a problem.

There is nothing "normal" about anyone or anything in this situation; with that said, TN's hatred toward CS is typical with mothers who have serious past abuse (whether experienced by the child [Ronald in this case] first-hand or the mother was in and out of abusive relationships...) and abandonment issues with their own child/children. When their son(s) display violence toward wifes or gfs, it can't possibly be because of what they themself subjected their son to while he was growing up, rather, the blame is displaced upon the wife/gf for causing it. If only she'd... whatever the case may be, the mother thinks that her son's wife/gf should be able to "read the signs" and foresee what sets her son's temper off, and thus tip-toe around and divert it. Sick, sick, sick...JMHO ~

True. And sometimes if a mother is very possessive of her son, she resents the wife/girlfriend for taking him away from her.
I would never stand by and watch one of them be abusive to their women, though. And certainly not their children.
Remember when TN was so quick to point out that Ron and Crystal were never married?? I thought that was a bit tacky.

Quess TN likes Caberra's. Seriously, are they looking for a child or a lost puppy? "at least I would know she was eating well." Very strange comment to me. With Haleigh's medical issues, eating probably wasn't a problem.
It's just too much to believe! From the very beginning, with the lack of terror for what HaLeigh could be going through, their sense of urgency completely lacking, arrogance in the face of hard questions, and abundant LIES, Ronald Cummings and his family showed what I believe to be knowledge that HaLeigh was deceased.

Their ever-changing and adapting stories ~ which seemed never to be addressed within the media ~ to the strange comment of Teresa's, mentioned above; "at least I would know she's eating well," while ignoring that they are discussing the possibility that her grandchild was in the hands of a child molester, is outrageous on it's face! Just from 2/21/09 to 2/22/09, Teresa goes from not knowing his name to saying, had they "known," Joe wouldn't have been allowed in ron's home and around the children.

Give me a break...this woman wouldn't know the truth it it came barreling down the highway and ran one of her loved ones over! :furious:

my thoughts on this and my opinions.

seeker

It's just too much to believe! From the very beginning, with the lack of terror for what HaLeigh could be going through, their sense of urgency completely lacking, arrogance in the face of hard questions, and abundant LIES, Ronald Cummings and his family showed what I believe to be knowledge that HaLeigh was deceased.

Their ever-changing and adapting stories ~ which seemed never to be addressed within the media ~ to the strange comment of Teresa's, mentioned above; "at least I would know she's eating well," while ignoring that they are discussing the possibility that her grandchild was in the hands of a child molester, is outrageous on it's face! Just from 2/21/09 to 2/22/09, Teresa goes from not knowing his name to saying, had they "known," Joe wouldn't have been allowed in ron's home and around the children.

Give me a break...this woman wouldn't know the truth it it came barreling down the highway and ran one of her loved ones over! :furious:

seeker

Very astute, Seeker.

02/21/2009

Croslin said the man "messed with her" as a child, but didn't think he was listed as a sex offender.

"If we would have had any idea, he wouldn't have been around Haleigh," Neves said. "He did not carry a sign saying 'I'm a sexual offender, I'm going to steal your child.' He came to our home as a relative."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-02-21/story/few_leads_in_search_to_find_haleigh_cummings

02/22/2009
"What we've been told is that he's a sexual pedophile," said Haleigh's mother Crystal Sheffield. The child's grandmother, Teresa Neves, said Croslin described him as a "jerk" and she was worried.

"I couldn't tell you anything about him," a distraught Neves told reporters Friday, adding that she only knew of the cousin by his first name Joe. "I can't tell you how they could have taken her from a family that absolutely adores her."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,497744,00.html

I find it interesting that she says "I couldn't tell you anything about him." Between these two articles and the video Peliman referenced, it seems to me she said a whole lot.

This is just a strange remark:Teresa Neves:

"I can't tell you how they could have taken her from a family that absolutely adores her."

WHO are the "they" Ms. Neves is referring to? What is she talking about when she is ruminating about HaLeigh being "taken...from a family that absolutely adores her"?

She had to have a reason to say that...dumb, though, in my opinion. What, it would have been right for them to "steal" a child that was not absolutely adored?

Why bother trying to dissect this? It is probably mainly self-serving, and in Teresa's mind, makes sense. For some reason it just makes me frustrated and disgusted. My problem, I'm sure.

my opinions.

seeker

You may be correct, but keep in mind TN knows the truth as to what really happened that day and has known since day one...And that is what makes me :furious:...

This is just a strange remark:Teresa Neves:

"I can't tell you how they could have taken her from a family that absolutely adores her."

WHO are the "they" Ms. Neves is referring to? What is she talking about when she is ruminating about HaLeigh being "taken...from a family that absolutely adores her"?

She had to have a reason to say that...dumb, though, in my opinion. What, it would have been right for them to "steal" a child that was not absolutely adored?

Why bother trying to dissect this? It is probably mainly self-serving, and in Teresa's mind, makes sense. For some reason it just makes me frustrated and disgusted. My problem, I'm sure.

my opinions.

I suspect she may have been referring to Crystal and her family at this point..Who knows? IMHO it was just another decoy for them to throw into the hunt to keep LE off the trail..JMO

You may be correct, but keep in mind TN knows the truth as to what really happened that day and has known since day one...And that is what makes me :furious:...

I know what you're saying, Emeralgem, and Thanks. I know that it is not a good idea to let this woman, or any of those who know What Happened To HaLeigh, cause such havoc in our souls!

my opinion

In reference to TN's suspicious behavior the most telling video for me was Ron C's first plea video..Sorry I don't know how to locate it but IF you watch that video you can tell her main concern is NOT Haleigh being abducted, her main concern is trying to analyze the reporters' recations to the BS story her son is telling them...JMO

This remark stood out to me:

Every word is true, I'm sure, but it's just a bit odd to me how she singles Ronald out and doesn't include herself in the statement. True, he's her father but surely it was not just Ronald who wanted her back. It would have been more natural to me to say "we all want her home", "the whole family wants her home".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3