2010.04.06 Jail House Letters Released #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I dove back into the letters this morning & I found a little something interesting. Page 119 Casey talks about keeping a journal in jail. It made me think of the journal that LE had taken pictures of. I know it isn't the same journal but it shows that she still journals as an adult & that that wasn't just a teenage girl thing. Just a little tidbit that caught my eye. It doesn't necessarily mean anything but I found it interesting.

Conway turned the journal over to LE on 2/12/2010!! Property form and a receipt in the latest docs:

http://www.wesh.com/download/2010/0406/23069172.pdf
pgs 28 & 29 (handwritten pgs 1333 & 13334)

Thanks AZLawyer!! for bumping the diary thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80308"]Casey's diary entry for June 21st and Missing Pages #2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Just went up for air and found this in the daily update thread:

Anthony Family Denies Abuse Allegations
The Anthony family denies that there was any improper sexual behavior in their family nor was there ever a time when Casey told them of sexually inappropriate conduct by her brother or father.

Brad Conway, Anthony family attorney

Defense Response To Casey Anthony's Written Correspondence
The letters released today reflect the natural desire for companionship when isolated for 23 hours a day, and clearly demonstrate Casey's unconditional love for her daughter Caylee. Despite these intentions, it is obvious in the letters authored by Robyn Adams that her sole purpose and only goal in corresponding with Casey Anthony was to create “leverage to get out of prison early.” Furthermore, despite numerous inaccurate media reports, the letters written by Casey Anthony do not contain a single reference to chloroform or any admissions of guilt. Casey Anthony maintains her innocence and looks forward to her day in court.

-Liz Brown at the DePaul Center for Justice in Capital Cases

I don't believe for one second that casey found religion in prison...just another ploy of hers....I am not a religious person at all...but I think if she truly found "God" then she would've confessed her sins...
I am a religious person in body, mind and soul,,,and I can promise you this...Until you repent and admit all wrongs and ask for forgivness it has been taught to me,,,you will NOT be forgiven...Also, I was appalled how she referred to God,,,as Daddy.....what a sacrilidge....this girl is lost forever spiritually if she maintains her innocense, when we all know she is guilty...

Okay I finally just read the monkey poem and I found it disgusting. I guess only KC could find that type of humor amusing. Anyways does anyone know what the date is that she sent this to Robyn, was there a letter with it that has a date. The date it was printed is on the bottom of the poem 1/10/09, just curious if there is some way she got this off JB's computer.

I do think that monkey printout had nothing to do with anything - KC does get a LOT of mail good and bad, I am sure, nothing like a big case to bring out the nutters, right?

I expect she rec'd this from a fan or antifan as it were and simply used the back of the printout to write to cookie.

Regarding Baez fighting the release of these letters: If there is nothing in there that would be considered to be evidence in the trial, would the funding provided by the State taxpayers pay for any type of a move to block the release of the letters? In other words, if the only reason for trying to block the release of the letters would be to avoid embarassment to the lawyers or family members, etc., would that even qualify for use of State funding?
--respectfully snipped

I agree with almost your entire post, but I did want to address this part, specifically.

fwiw, everything I have heard from anyone in the know, says those letters will be admissible at trial. They reflect her 'state of mind' and she waived privilege by writing them. Every single counsel I saw interviewed, including numerous defense attorneys, agreed that they will come in.

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, I haven't read every single post. Not sure how far I actually did get reading the letters, but I had to stop for my own sanity. Anyhow, I wanted to see if anyone else was thinking like I was about Casey and her talk about being molested. She mentioned in that letter (I think) that she even went to see a doctor about it. This can totally be proven or disproved, right? Further fuel for the prosecution to discredit it happening. Don't get me wrong, if it did actually happen then it is awful and I don't believe anyone at all should have to go through being violated. HOWEVER, if she's going to try to use this as ammo at her brother or dad, or as an excuse for her screwed up head then it needs to be looked in to more and the doctor she supposedly talked to needs to be interviewed.

IMHO of course.

I am still fuming over this "revelation" of Casey's - how very convenient - especially for a gal who constantly watches soaps, CSI, etc. I have mega sympathy for those unfortunates who actually have been sexually abused and have my own history as well, but am just so "sick and tired" of every Tom Dick and Molly who comes in front of a judge on serious charges shedding a tear or two and expecting to get a get of jail free card because they too have jumped on the band wagon.

I'd need a confession from Lee, George, and confirmation from Cindy,plus the testimony of the shrink she went to see, to even begin to believe it is true. If it's not - what a despicable thing to say about your father and brother who have stood by you in defense of you.

All I can say is - Oh pul-lease Casey!

Not trying to be rude...but while she may not "sound" like a killer to some, she is a killer who did not report her daughter missing for 31 days and partied like a rock star the entire time. She rode around with decomp from her dead daughter and described it as a dead squirrel. As far as I'm concerned she could walk into court for her trial in a nun's habit, but it won't hide the fact that she is a cold blooded killer.

I agree with you. I think every juror knows a defense attorney is not going to have their client dress like a party girl. Short mini dresses, tops that reveal too much clevage, short sassy hair, full tribal make-up. You can wrap a box up in any wrapping paper you wish, but once you take the lid off the box you see the real contents. In this case the box contains a murderer.

Not trying to be rude...but while she may not "sound" like a killer to some, she is a killer who did not report her daughter missing for 31 days and partied like a rock star the entire time. She rode around with decomp from her dead daughter and described it as a dead squirrel. As far as I'm concerned she could walk into court for her trial in a nun's habit, but it won't hide the fact that she is a cold blooded killer.

i understand- but theres a difference in how she sounds on paper next to what she really did or did not do. i am talking of how it sounds- the truth and lies mixed perhaps. we all know she lied, partied, waited 31 days, what we do not know is how she will be explained in court . of course we know or expect what the state will say but how is the defense going to explain? they can not rely on caseys religion quotes in letters, but it sounds good- see what i mean? i am careful to never say guilty or innocent of killing but i do say guilty of lies, and weird behaviors and remorse issues not right!

:clap::clap::clap:

Just reading along here and maybe my second comment on this case BUT

Are attorneys in Fla allowed to bring laptops/notebooks/cell phones into jail while visiting a client?

I could think of several ways to defeat jail house monitoring of calls and messages with any of those devices allowed around an inmate. Is an email any different than a letter?

I suppose I'll just listen for what the law comes up with on this one, talk about a hole in the system. Sorry, just had to rant a second.

something I was meaning to ask you guys for ages and I think I never did, do you guys have portable internet there yet? my mobile co does something like up to 5gb a month including the dongley thing for a tenner or something.

if not does it seem likely that the jail would allow JB the netaxx? why would he need it @ the client meeting?

Casey wants out of Jail, and hopes no one will notice who she is. I think Casey knows many people believe she is guilty and that her life on the outside of the bars would not be great. She talks about changing her name, she even asks Robyn what name would you give me? She talks about changing her hair color to blonde to red, to even highlights. Traveling the world is in her thoughts, but she doesn't realize the whole world knows who she is already. No makeover would help her. She even states she misses being a part of society. Casey is dreaming about lah lah land, massages, the sun shopping etc. She can kiss that all goodbye. I really would like to know why she feels so confident she will be out soon, even in one of Robyns letters she stated Casey didn't seem to worry to much about her case.
She asks Robyn what song describes your life right now or the way you feel? Casey's reponse is mine is By Fiona Apple I'm a Bit** I'm a mother she crosses out corrects it with lover I'm a child I'm a mother, I'm a sinner I'm a saint. She then go's onto talk about demons.
Casey states that one of her friends has stuck by her side and sent her a letter, wonder what friend this is?

Maybe "Baseball Bat Holly"?

Anthony Family Denies Abuse Allegations
The Anthony family denies that there was any improper sexual behavior in their family nor was there ever a time when Casey told them of sexually inappropriate conduct by her brother or father.

Brad Conway, Anthony family attorney

So does this mean the A's are saying Casey lied about these allegations? I thought Casey only told half truth's and didn't actually lie. Color me confused.

ATTENTION PLEASE!

There's been some issues as of late regarding different points of view in this case. First, I'd like everyone to review this thread that was designed to help in these instances: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Best Practices Dealing with your fellow posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The second thing I'd like to share is from a personal standpoint. When I don't agree with someone's post and wish to respond with my point, I don't use the word "you". For example, if someone were to say "I am sure that Rodney Alcala killed Caylee and I have proof", the way I wouldn't respond is "You are crazy and I don't see how in the world you can think something like that".

Instead I would say, "I completely disagree with that idea and would like to see support of that comment or else I feel I am going to disregard it completely".

That's just a goofy example, but I hope it helps.

Let's all think about these things before we have to take further actions via moderation. I don't like to do that, but that's where it is headed.

From what CA stated her and Caylee got home about four, and CA fed Caylee then went into the pool. KC arrived put her bathing suit on to join them, and CA said, she was taking Caylee out of the pool because it was getting chilly. Maybe KC wanted to play with Caylee in the pool, and CA said no she is going inside. KC might have flipped out at CA for "playing mommy to Caylee" again. Maybe that is what caused the two to get into another fight. Who knows when you are dealing with two liars!

Old moggies memory is'nt as it once was, but did'nt CA find out that day that KC had withdrawn money from her Grandmothers account, the one used to pay for Grandads care at the nursing home. I would think that would cause one h-ll of a confrontation.

From what CA stated her and Caylee got home about four, and CA fed Caylee then went into the pool. KC arrived put her bathing suit on to join them, and CA said, she was taking Caylee out of the pool because it was getting chilly. Maybe KC wanted to play with Caylee in the pool, and CA said no she is going inside. KC might have flipped out at CA for "playing mommy to Caylee" again. Maybe that is what caused the two to get into another fight. Who knows when you are dealing with two liars!

Old moggies memory isn't as it once was, but didn't CA find out that day that KC had withdrawn money from her Grandmothers account, the one used to pay for Grandads care at the nursing home. I would think that would cause one h-ll of a confrontation.

It was the grandparents who first threw out the early date (July 9th). Casey's statement was "31 days ago"

Can we believe CA/GA and any dates????
When did GA move plants and put in patio July 4th weekend??? IIRC??
Was that his attempt to remove smells so dogs couldn't track in the back yard???
I think that GA knew about the crime then...............JMOO

can anyone see any way by playing devils advocate these letters will help the defense? we know what the state will say!

Old moggies memory is'nt as it once was, but did'nt CA find out that day that KC had withdrawn money from her Grandmothers account, the one used to pay for Grandads care at the nursing home. I would think that would cause one h-ll of a confrontation.

KC received a birthday check from her grandmother in March. KC took the routing number off the check and had checks made so she could access her grandmothers account. I thought CA was told about this in May by her mother.

Can you provide a link that shows the information regarding a blanket was 'leaked' as you stated, or was otherwise out there. I am in the process of reading all the news reports from the date Caylee was found, all mention a skull, duct tape and a plastic bag, but none mention a blanket. How did JB know about that if not from the murderer herself?

I've been re-reading all of that too... the first mention of a blanket (that i have found so far) is in the Crime Scene report that was released on 3/20/09; and at first the CSI's thought it was a towel with the plastic bag & laundry bag and it wasn't identified as a blanket until it was at the morgue later in the afternoon around 4ish. IIRC Casey was informed of skeleton remains being found around lunch time, and I do not recall Baez showing up to the crime scene right away.

WFTV has all the old documents & videos arranged very nicely with the dates they were released... makes for easy searching.

can anyone see any way by playing devils advocate these letters will help the defense? we know what the state will say!

I am pretty sure the defense will use them to show her childish mindset and oh look, losing her daughter causes her such pain she cant even face it.

I even wonder if that's so.

I wont even pretend to understand KC but I do have to wonder about someone who is so emotionally crippled. I am fascinated that she had nightmares per TL and "seizures" while in jail...I wonder if what she calls seizures are severe nightmares.

I'm not saying this makes her innocent in any way yall. but if she is not a sociopath then she could be feeling terrible things deep inside where she hides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megaera