2010.04.13 Theories thread as a result of the search

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. These scenarios are like the many others that have run through my head too. I woke up this morning feeling I have traveled the gamut of potentials only to discover that I still can't place Miss Plum in the library with the candlestick. Just when I think I have it figured out, I read another post or two that sways me in another direction. For now, all I can say is I think they ALL are involved to some degree (including Ron and TiC), maybe Joe but not sure, maybe individual/s yet to be named. Some directly involved, some indirectly but have knowledge. Where/why/with what weapon no clue. So in a nutshell.. I am about as close to figuring this out as the day the case hit the news. They all were suspect then, and remain on the radar today. :)

This is exactly how I feel. One minute I think Ron must be involved and then I will read a few posts and think it's Misty, or Misty, TC & Joe. I just really don't know but I do appreciate all the different theories to think about. I just want justice for Haleigh, bottom line and I want and have been praying specifically that LE will have all they need to arrest a suspect/suspects and prove they did it beyond a reasonable doubt.

Theory:
Something happened early that day to Haleigh. We've never gotten any information about Haleigh being verified at school. When that school record came out showing an unexcused absent....er, present mark, it was then I wondered if Haleigh had never gotten to school that day and we were being fed a line of bull in order to make someone believe they'd fooled everyone.

From then on, we've been trying to jam in a theory into the hours of 8 and 3 and we've never managed to make it all fit. I think the 8 we should be looking at is A.M., not P.M.

GGM had Jr at her house until close to 8 p.m., close enough to his bedtime that he could be told Haleigh's already in bed, she's so tired and put Jr to bed to wait until around the time Ron gets off work. Misty's "I seen three" ...... I bet Ron's usually home right around 3. When he didn't get there, it had to be changed to 'all I saw is three'.

I have a sad feeling no one will ever really know what happened to Haleigh. Even Grandma's "stories" start at the river... "TC said JO threw her in the water", "MC said TC and JO tied her up and threw her in the water". Grandma admitted that she wasn't told how she died, whether or not she was dead or alive when they took her to the river, or why she was killed. With everyone pointing the finger at each other, no one is going to confess, all LE can do is collect the evidence and use it to determine who the most likely suspect or suspects are. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll ever know what really happened and why.

sliggy said:
I hate to be graphic but I cannot get my head around this rope/cement block in the lake scenario....

I get confused after reading/viewing all the info about this possibly being a case where Haleigh was tied to cinder blocks and tossed into the lake. If this is the case... how far can you toss 40+ pound child plus the weight of cinder blocks from the dock? The water did not look that deep when Misty was shown there last week with LE wading around it and it looks like it's probably a ramp/dock that gets used fairly often; didn't I see houses nearby? I just don't understand how anyone had not seen this prior to MC or whoever that led them to this spot. I realize that wildlife may have been a factor but still. Am I alone here in this thought? Am I missing something? :waitasec:

From what I've seen&heard about St Johns River&specifically that spot off the dock/pier, is it is known to be gator infested!common place for hunters to throw left over deer carcasses,for the gators. That said, as horrible as it is to think of, I believe LE realizes there would be nothing left of lil Haleigh,remote chance of finding partial bones(that's why they took so much of that river bottom of silt. So that they could sift thru it with a fine tooth comb in hopes of any tiny human bones of which they could match to Haleighs DNA. It was released that at the time of Haleighs birth in Gainesville that it was hospital procedure to take a small DNA sample of each newborn(specifically for the reason of such a tragic event could happen&theyd have the DNA on file)
I think this is also why LE is leaning mire towards the solid evidence that they could still retrieve&corroborate MC or TOC accounts of what happened(ie, cinder blocks,possible yellow rope,etc)

One problem. If Ronald did it..I think Misty would have dropped her "feelings of guilt" persay and told LE a LONG time ago. If she could fool around with WBG just that weekend, she would dump Ron on his arse to get out of the crosshairs of LE.
There's a big difference between loyalty & the 'ride or die', mentality & snitching. Tommy claimed that other inmates were taunting him over his involvement with Haleigh, but how many of those inmates took their information to authorities & snitched?Probably, a pitiful few. They were just gonna get him on their own. Tommy knew this & was scared to go into GP. All of the people involved, dislike & distrust cops. They would just want them to butt out, mind their own business, & let them take care of their own family business. Plus...snitching on this, is probably gonna drag a lot of people down, so Misty or whoever wouldn't just be snitching on one person, but the whole gang. That's a daunting responsibility-especially, if there is gratitude involved.

There's a big difference between loyalty & the 'ride or die', mentality & snitching. Tommy claimed that other inmates were taunting him over his involvement with Haleigh, but how many of those inmates took their information to authorities & snitched?Probably, a pitiful few. They were just gonna get him on their own. Tommy knew this & was scared to go into GP. All of the people involved, dislike & distrust cops. They would just want them to butt out, mind their own business, & let them take care of their own family business. Plus...snitching on this, is probably gonna drag a lot of people down, so Misty or whoever wouldn't just be snitching on one person, but the whole gang. That's a daunting responsibility-especially, if there is gratitude involved.
& a couple of more things...Misty may not feel much real loyalty to Ron, but she does for her brother Timmy. She would not want to ruin his life. I think most of the wives, etc...either know exactly what happened or a lot of it. & even though they wouldn't have a problem snitching on one or the other, to do so would implicate their husbands & or themselves. & they don't want to do that.

I don't either! It really bothers me too that he is taking all the credit (it seems to me) for 'solving' this case. First because it doesn't appear to be solved as of yet, second because when it is, what does that say about LE? As frustrating as it is, I don't think they have been sitting around twiddling their thumbs. :twocents:

I agree Pondering Mind, IMO, if Brown is basing his solving of this crime upon what Tommy talked about following his failed poly, then I think he is jumping the gun a bit too quickly.

I have a sad feeling no one will ever really know what happened to Haleigh. Even Grandma's "stories" start at the river... "TC said JO threw her in the water", "MC said TC and JO tied her up and threw her in the water". Grandma admitted that she wasn't told how she died, whether or not she was dead or alive when they took her to the river, or why she was killed. With everyone pointing the finger at each other, no one is going to confess, all LE can do is collect the evidence and use it to determine who the most likely suspect or suspects are. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think we'll ever know what really happened and why.

Yep, the story of Joe throwing her in the river and the story of Tommy and Joe throwing her into the river, only shows what could have been disposal of Haleigh, not killing her. There is story number three, Misty hitting Haleigh in the head with a board. I've been wondering if Joe made Misty hit Haleigh so that she would be "involved" with killing her and therefore not likely to tell on what he and maybe Tommy had done. This would tie the three of them together, all involved so not likely to turn on each other. Maybe Misty did hit Haleigh in the head prior to her being thrown into the river. Right now I'm still not ruling our Ron's involvement. I'm waiting to see what's next.

I hate to be graphic but I cannot get my head around this rope/cement block in the lake scenario....

I get confused after reading/viewing all the info about this possibly being a case where Haleigh was tied to cinder blocks and tossed into the lake. If this is the case... how far can you toss 40+ pound child plus the weight of cinder blocks from the dock? The water did not look that deep when Misty was shown there last week with LE wading around it and it looks like it's probably a ramp/dock that gets used fairly often; didn't I see houses nearby? I just don't understand how anyone had not seen this prior to MC or whoever that led them to this spot. I realize that wildlife may have been a factor but still. Am I alone here in this thought? Am I missing something? :waitasec:

You're def not alone....I did a lil research and it appears that in the area that they were searching, its at the most about 8 feet deep.... you can read all the specifics here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Johns_River

I think with the thick marsh, animals, and the length of time she's been down there, there may not be much to find. Reporters were able to use neighbors docks to get video feed so you're right there are houses (i.e. people) but if they did put her here, I'm sure it was in the weeee hours of the am. Most people were probably asleep. The fact that alligators are common, even if someone heard the splash...they probably didn't think twice about it.

Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong...but I thought I remembered hearing on Nancy G that LE stated: MC, TC, and JO were NOT considered suspects or persons of interest in this case. I think it was right after Grand Ma Ma's interview.
If this is true....and during the presser, LE stated that they did have a person of interest that they were looking at, on the same day the above statement was released...that only leaves RC right?

pip, I think she would throw anyone under the bus, except Ron. That may have changed now, but I believe that she was at least involved in the disposal and cover up, so to tell what she knows will incriminate her as well. When I say 'loyalty', I don't mean like you and I know it, lol! Just in what could be her mindset at the time..you know..the standing by her man mentality/Bonnie & Clyde sort of thing. After all she was going to be his wifey..gag me with a spoon! The boinking.. chit, here a boink, there a boink..every where a boink boink..doesn't mean much to them I don't believe...just a thang..as sad as that is...all just mo..

Glad boink was mentioned. I didn't know what word to use w/o getting in trouble. Ron was suppose to have beaten Misty up and threw her and her clothes out. Possibility she wasn't going back or allowed back. So WBG was a revenge boink and revenge filled weekend. As in I'll show him. I also believe as you do it was just a thang.

Glad boink was mentioned. I didn't know what word to use w/o getting in trouble. Ron was suppose to have beaten Misty up and threw her and her clothes out. Possibility she wasn't going back or allowed back. So WBG was a revenge boink and revenge filled weekend. As in I'll show him. I also believe as you do it was just a thang.
& as strange as it sounds, I think the fact that Misty used the sex, as a way to get drugs, made it more forgivable-less like cheating, & more like taking care of business.

Can I have a link to that jailhouse call I must of missed it

I have been going through the tapes and haven't come across it yet so perhaps if someone has the video handy, they will post it.

Therefore, I'll modify the comment I made about Timmy: He failed his LDT (which I don't have a link to either) and he has not returned to the State of Florida to visit his brother and sister since they've been incarcerated although Misty has asked him to several times.

Here is the van info:
E-U-R
Full police report regarding the slumped over junkie in van. It was in fact registered to lindsy kate croslin and released to her.the van is a 2002 plymouth voyager lic#B877GJ
vin#1C4GJ25382B731714
http://culfwww.jacksonville.com/files/2009-9839.pdf

Thanks for the vin # doobiedoo52. Here is the info on the van. No name but looks like whoever owns it has owned it since 2006. Color listed as blue/gray
https://www7.hsmv.state.fl.us/vehiclecheck/result.jsf

~BBM~

I have been going through the tapes and haven't come across it yet so perhaps if someone has the video handy, they will post it.

Therefore, I'll modify the comment I made about Timmy: He failed his LDT (which I don't have a link to either) and he has not returned to the State of Florida to visit his brother and sister since they've been incarcerated although Misty has asked him to several times.

Hi Blue, You do mean "Timmy" right and not "Tommy"? If so, wow, somehow I missed that info about Timmy taking a LDT and failing it - can you at least steer me in the direction of where I might find more info on this? TIA!

True, unless she was in so deep and her sense of loyalty (to Ron) so strong that she was backed into a corner..or felt that she was anyway..

Got to remember her comment to her mother on the jailhouse visit. "I still love him Mama". Lisa responds, "I know you do".

The one and only time I feel she actually wanted to leave RC was the night Tommy and family members went over to the MH and Ron commenced to beat the crap out of Tommy. That's on tape somewhere. RC didn't want Misty's family anywhere around her. Anyone remember that?

Got to remember her comment to her mother on the jailhouse visit. "I still love him Mama". Lisa responds, "I know you do".

The one and only time I feel she actually wanted to leave RC was the night Tommy and family members went over to the MH and Ron commenced to beat the crap out of Tommy. That's on tape somewhere. RC didn't want Misty's family anywhere around her. Anyone remember that?

I remember something like that. And didn't RC put a dead rat or some dead animal in one of MC's family members mailbox.

Both families have had a lot of issues with each other. I wonder why they would have such bad blood between them but still be in the drug business together.

Here are thoughts to ponder.. re: Ronald's behavior which help to make sense as to why he stayed with Misty and proclaimed her innocence.

Did he stay w/ Misty because he KNOWS she didn't do it and she was just caught in the middle?
We have always asked...how does he know she didn't do it?..because he KNOWS who did (and so does Misty)!
And if he was at work and didn't do it, and Misty didn't do it, why is he involved in the coverup of Haleigh's death? Because he is FORCED to.

So what is hanging over Ronald's head that the killer has him blackmailed into silence for?

Why doesn't Misty just tell the truth and let Ronald go down (for whatever he did that he is being blackmailed by the killer for) to set herself free?

Because it is one or both of her brothers.

The only way out for all 3 is to blame Joe, and all of them are, including Lindsy and Chelsea. Everyone that has something to lose is blaming Joe.

What did Ronald do?

I remember something like that. And didn't RC put a dead rat or some dead animal in one of MC's family members mailbox.

Both families have had a lot of issues with each other. I wonder why they would have such bad blood between them but still be in the drug business together.

Here is the video of Misty picking RC up from 12 hours in jail after that incident. http://www.wesh.com/video/20307111/index.html

I had to refresh my memory on what the burglary part of that was and all I can remember is that RC was beating him through the window of the vehicle and there were pills that either Tommy or Hank Sr. had and they wouldn't share them with RC. Sad state of affairs that crew is, all of them!

Here are thoughts to ponder.. re: Ronald's behavior which help to make sense as to why he stayed with Misty and proclaimed her innocence.

Did he stay w/ Misty because he KNOWS she didn't do it and she was just caught in the middle?
We have always asked...how does he know she didn't do it?..because he KNOWS who did (and so does Misty)!
And if he was at work and didn't do it, and Misty didn't do it, why is he involved in the coverup of Haleigh's death? Because he is FORCED to.

So what is hanging over Ronald's head that the killer has him blackmailed into silence for?

Why doesn't Misty just tell the truth and let Ronald go down (for whatever he did that he is being blackmailed by the killer for) to set herself free?

Because it is one or both of her brothers.

The only way out for all 3 is to blame Joe, and all of them are, including Lindsy and Chelsea. Everyone that has something to lose is blaming Joe.

What did Ronald do?

That's what we all want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members