2010.04.13 - What's going on in Tennessee? Joe talks to the media

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Agree.

When I was a teen I had a distant acquaintance. At some point he began acting strange, He got quiet, looked sick, withdrew. After a few days, to everyone's shock, he went to the police and told them that his older brother had come to him one night and told him that he had killed a guy. He got my acquaintance to help him drag the body to the woods, dig a hole and bury him. It ate him up inside until he went to the police and it still ate him up because he had turned in his brother.

I wonder if Jo was involved in something that haunts him. And he is conflicted about what to do. And scared.

And to change the subject a notch, once Misty was comfortably ensconced in the Cummings household with Ron and GGM she would not have been afraid of Jo's knife. Shoot, she even got an RO against her own brother, she wasn't scared.

I think this new story is BS.

What a sad story. Poor guy. :(

Re my bold, also, if she was truly too afraid of him to tell on him, why did she finger him from the start, except without giving these details that would actually put him safely away in jail?

That story just puts my BS meter on overload.

I can't imagine the police buying the stories either, and I think the only reason they acted on them is because they believed the part about where Haleigh was taken, and maybe even that Joe was with them.

Could someone please provide a link for the jail phone call between Tommy & Lindsay where he is telling her (paraphrasing here) he could be out of there if he would go along with "their" lies, but he could send his cousin to jail for something he didn't do. I want to make sure I picked that up correctly. I know it was linked on one of the threads, but I can't seem to locate it. TIA.

Wasn't it Grandma Hollars that told Misty that she heard it was all over the newspapers that Joe and Tommy were the ones that took Haleigh? She said Hank Sr and Lisa were the ones that told her that. Then she questioned her saying "why'd ya momma-n-daddy say it, if it ain't true? I'm just saying grandma can get things confused. She was referring to the letter Misty wrote to Chelsea, and not the newspapers. I don't doubt she spoke to another family member that might have suggested the search area would be a good place to look, but I question if Tommy actually said that. I'm sure Misty said it, we've heard her say it before. You gotta know the cops have heard this phone conversation, so why didn't they jump on it? Why wait till the PI came to them? I think Tommy could have been repeating to his grandmother what Misty was telling, and saying maybe she was telling the truth. This is the same story Misty told before, only this time she gave Tommy a lesser role. I'm back to thinking this is going to be another dead end.

Could someone please provide a link for the jail phone call between Tommy & Lindsay where he is telling her (paraphrasing here) he could be out of there if he would go along with "their" lies, but he could send his cousin to jail for something he didn't do. I want to make sure I picked that up correctly. I know it was linked on one of the threads, but I can't seem to locate it. TIA.

"Snip" Kimster
2010.04.08 - Jail house videos released on Blogger News
http://www.***********.net/124253

This is for discussion of the videos only. Do not discuss the posts from bloggers on the site.

2010.04.08 - Jail house videos released on Blogger News - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www..net/124253

I'm pretty sure it's tape number 3, but I'm going by memory. No time to listen now.

I find it odd that Tommy calls his grandmother with the story and soon after Misty calls her. I also find it odd that Hank Sr. said that Joe stayed with them, and they mention the area near Magnolia. Joe was staying at Timmy and Chelsea's house. I don't know where that would be though, if it's the same location or not. Plus Hank Sr. was in the hospital at this time so he would no know much from Feb 9-10, 2009 unless told. I did get an ire feeling while watching Joe in the interview and found his reactions interesting when the reporter mentioned his grandmother. I just don't know what to believe. It saddens me that LE is now saying nothing of interest has been found and brings back bad memories of the Mondex search.

BBM Me too!!

One thing about JO that stands out for me from his interview is that he stated [paraphrasing] that he "did not hurt" Haleigh.

This could be a very truthful statement; many times people lie, not outright but by omission.

I need to go back and review the transcript...see what he said and what he didn't say.

I thought the same thing. I was like, well than who did? At that time it wasn't an official homicide case either.

I don't know where to put this, but it's family related so I'm putting it here. Does anyone know how close the Croslins were to Haleigh? I mean, IF Toc or JO walked out of the MH carrying her, did she feel safe with them? Did she know who they were or were they strangers to her?

I quoted my post and brought it over to this thread as I put it in the wrong thread originally LOL (too many open).

For me, and this Joe situation, my biggest question is why would Ron deny there was a fight with Joe, that Joe was even around? It's either/or here. Either Joe was there or he wasn't. Either Ron knows or he doesn't. With Joe getting a lawyer and being brought up again, I'm guessing that Ron knows, and Joe was there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway
Back