2010.04.16 Do you think Ron knew what happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think Ron knew what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, I think he knew.

Votes: 316 68.1%
  • No, I do not think he knew.

Votes: 148 31.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rats reportedly abandon a sinking ship.
Yep. And it appears to me that Ron knew that Tommy was the weakest link. The rat head was a threat that he better keep his mouth shut.

JMO, but not only do I believe Ron knew, I have felt from the get go that he is the one responsible for Hayleigh's demise. The weird thing with the 90 ? phone calls.. then the whole 911 call.. 1st off... what truly frantic parent would have his 17 yr old gf call for him? and his reactions and voice just sounded .. phoney to me.. WHAT PARENT, when asked what their child was wearing, would curse at 911 and make sure it was noted he was "at work" ..? Wouldnt the normal response be to immediately ask Misty what she was wearing? .. to make sure police would know what to look for.. I realize there is no cut and dry way a person is supposed to act during a crisis.. but RC's words and actions did not fit those of a frantic parent at all.. Why wasnt he running around the mobile home park banging on everyones doors to see if she was there? why wasnt he outside just screaming her name?? instead of throwing out threats to kill people.. just none of it makes any sense to me.. anyone thats lost sight of their child in a market for 2 seconds knows their immediate response... they start looking and calling/screaming for their child.. it's instinctive. Not once on the 911 recording did I hear Ron in background hollering out Hayleigh's name..
I also felt like RC's display of "crying" and throwing himself on the ground was beyond fake. His voice.. his crocodile tears.. the whole act was for show.
Add to that, the deadless rat thing.. the tattoo.. the wedding.. I still havent figured out for the life of me WHY Misty has kept Ron's secret.. I dont think for one second it is out of "love".. Im sure her life was threatened by Ron.. and told she was an accomplice, so better keep her mouth shut.
If it turns out he is completely innocent.. I will be the first to admit Im wrong.. but I will also be purchasing a new hinky meter... because mine will have been beyond broken.

MvD, great post with many reasonable questions and insights about Ron's initial behavior concerning his missing daughter. I could have written this myself, we both have the same questions. My suspicious go right to the start, the 911 call. When you look at both Ron and Misty's reaction and behavior on that call, it screams out PHONY. all jmo

No, Ron didn't know anything until he got home from work and found Haleigh missing. I don't think that LE are looking at him either. He has an alibi and LE have checked it out. I don't think that Misty told him anything either....she isn't that dumb.

I ams so undecided on this question. Part of me thinks he did and part of me thinks he did not. I think he has an awful lot of other "issues" persay, but I am just not sure that he knew what happened to Haleigh.

I know many see the 911 call as contrived/planned, but I think he sounds genuinely frantic during the call. I of course do not like his lifestyle or many choices/actions, but I just dont know yet about this subject. IF he DID have part in this, I will be shocked I must admit! Following and reading so many of these cases, there really should be no more room for shock.... one would think!!

JMO, but not only do I believe Ron knew, I have felt from the get go that he is the one responsible for Hayleigh's demise. The weird thing with the 90 ? phone calls.. then the whole 911 call.. 1st off... what truly frantic parent would have his 17 yr old gf call for him? and his reactions and voice just sounded .. phoney to me.. WHAT PARENT, when asked what their child was wearing, would curse at 911 and make sure it was noted he was "at work" ..? Wouldnt the normal response be to immediately ask Misty what she was wearing? .. to make sure police would know what to look for.. I realize there is no cut and dry way a person is supposed to act during a crisis.. but RC's words and actions did not fit those of a frantic parent at all.. Why wasnt he running around the mobile home park banging on everyones doors to see if she was there? why wasnt he outside just screaming her name?? instead of throwing out threats to kill people.. just none of it makes any sense to me.. anyone thats lost sight of their child in a market for 2 seconds knows their immediate response... they start looking and calling/screaming for their child.. it's instinctive. Not once on the 911 recording did I hear Ron in background hollering out Hayleigh's name..
I also felt like RC's display of "crying" and throwing himself on the ground was beyond fake. His voice.. his crocodile tears.. the whole act was for show.
Add to that, the deadless rat thing.. the tattoo.. the wedding.. I still havent figured out for the life of me WHY Misty has kept Ron's secret.. I dont think for one second it is out of "love".. Im sure her life was threatened by Ron.. and told she was an accomplice, so better keep her mouth shut.
If it turns out he is completely innocent.. I will be the first to admit Im wrong.. but I will also be purchasing a new hinky meter... because mine will have been beyond broken.

I agree with you on everything but the "deadless" rat, lol, and that Misty didn't lie for Ronald because she loved him. No, she loves him! Remember in her jail house conversation with her mother, she says, I still love him, and he wasn't my first love, but he was the one!
I also think she has been threatened by Ron, but he didn't have to do that. She would lie forever, if she thought there was a chance in he** they could be together one day.

Great post!

When did he tell the media that?

Ron made it quite clear on NG that he was not asking Misty anything...and my question would be....Why Not?
That's the problem....Ron has not implicated Misty (accomplice), yet she failed every LDT given to her....Everyone else (media, WS, LE, etc) saw right through Misty...Everyone knew she was lying..Her own mother thought she wasn't telling everything. Ron wasn't questioning Misty as he should because she was the last one to see his daughter (supposedly).

Up until the LDT, it was just speculation that Misty was lying. Giving Ron the benefit of the doubt, After the LDT showed Misty was lying, why wasn't he questioning her then????? The Cummings Clan was not trying to hear it at all and I want to know why...The Cummings put a shield around Misty, IMO.

I've read several articles this year, but cant seem to find them [Ill keep looking], but here's MC's appearance on the Early show- Fast foward to the 1:20 mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7c6B7cY52g&feature=related

I voted yes!!!!

I keep reading about how much Ron loved his kids....would anyone care to show me some real proof of this? I could be wrong but I see a man that loves guns,drugs,and young girls. I have seen little that shows love for his children.

I think Ron has known all along, because of many of the reasons posted in this thread. I believe he is the main perp. and trying to save his own butt or this case would have been solved by now.

If he doesn't know what happened to Haleigh, yet has been keeping hush due to worries about charges for other illegal activities then that just shows he has way more concern for himself than he ever did for his kids.

If I were concerned about the safety of my child, everything else would seem pretty petty.

Whatever the outcome, Ronald Cummings holds some huge responsibility for what happened to Haleigh.

I've read several articles this year, but cant seem to find them [Ill keep looking], but here's MC's appearance on the Early show- Fast foward to the 1:20 mark.

Ronald wants a divorce because the stress on us is just too much right now.
Translation: The heats on us, we gotta cool it!

Misty said they will stay in contact and perhaps get back together one day.
Translation: As soon as all this dies down, we can get back together, but for now, we gotta act like we are estranged. (only Ronald wouldn't know that word.)

I'm glad you posted that video. I get a lot more out of it now, than I did when it was fresh.

In that same interview, Misty was asked if she thinks Ron now feels she is guilty of something, she said "No I don't think so." Right after that, Misty is asked what has Ron said to her about the incosistencies, Misty says "He hasn't said much...He believes me...He don't think I had anything to do with Haleigh missing." She claims the divorce was because of the stress...(remember everyone kept looking at them.LOL). There is a NG tape that has Ron discussing the divorce. I don't recall him saying the divorce was because "Misty is a Liar".

Sounds to me like Ron was putting on a front, if he indeed said that Misty had too many inconsistencies. There were inconsistencies from Day 1. He married her regardless of those inconsistencies, so now he wants us to believe that was the reason for the divorce? Not buying that one.

JMO though

I voted yes!!!!

I keep reading about how much Ron loved his kids....would anyone care to show me some real proof of this? I could be wrong but I see a man that loves guns,drugs,and young girls. I have seen little that shows love for his children.

I think what some feel was love, I see as vindictiveness. I think he took the kids away from Crystal just to spite her. They were his possessions, and if she was going to leave him, she dang well wouldn't have the kids. He probably did love his children as much as he is capable of loving anyone, but only as long as they didn't interfere with his lifestyle. I think he harmed his daughter, but I hope it was an accident. The longer this drags out, the more I lean toward it not being an accident.

I voted yes!!!!

Some things that have been cited in support of it include,
-he wanted the custody
-he got the custody
-the family services had been there and did not take the children away
-in photographs and videos Haleigh and Jr. look happy and neat

Some things that have been cited in support of it include,
-he wanted the custody
-he got the custody
-the family services had been there and did not take the children away
-in photographs and videos Haleigh and Jr. look happy and neat

---

Right. He made a lot of lethal parenting decisions but I can not believe he didn't love his kids, or that he raised them out of revenge against CS.

Attachments

• Haleigh-Cummings-Ron-Cum3.jpg
    Haleigh-Cummings-Ron-Cum3.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 29
  • haleighcummings-roncummings.jpg
    haleighcummings-roncummings.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 12
  • ronald-cummings-jr.jpg
    ronald-cummings-jr.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 13
  • slideshowpic633705375558593750.jpg
    slideshowpic633705375558593750.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 13
Who marries someone they think might have been involved in hurting their child to keep them close but says if they find out who was involved they'd kill them?

Its one or the other IMO if he didn't have anything to do with it he would have beat her @zz from day one and her and Tommy would be the ones in the river, he them gets that in memory of tat like a month after Haleigh went missing and he's referred to her as if she was gone (like saying "she was" "she liked" "i loved")
Misty always looked to him before answering any questions making sure she stuck to the story. Woke, Light on, Brick on door, and Haleigh missing.

Then even after he said he only married her for info because he thinks she's lying he goes and hangs out with her and sells drugs with her?

IMO, for today...He's involved he knew from day 1 what happened. I can't figure out why Nancy "everything a bombshell" Grace is always sticking up for him though. Had to throw a little sarcasm in there to lighten up the mood.

:croc:We are all right with our opinions and theories...lets have pie fight..:dance:

Please throw key lime at me......I'm hungry. Thanks!!!!!!!

Hi Y'all --- My I'm new here and just wanted to say hello and tell you my belief is that the Cummings and Croslins family trees don't have any branches.

Is the Pope Catholic?
Does a bear poop in the woods?

....he knew what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads