2010.04.16 How many stories have we got now?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How many of them have come from Misty and Tommy?
I've lost track. Please help me out.

1. Joe took her as revenge because he couldn't find the gun.
2. Joe and Tommy molested her.
3. She OD'd. At the MH? At a party elsewhere?
4. Misty hit her on the head.
5. Four men were in the MH at night and someone took her.
6. She was taken by Larry
7. Misty heard that a black man somewhere said he knows who has her.
8. She was stole by the Sheffields.
9. ...
What else?

Why are there STILL several versions of what happened? Once they've decided to spill it, shouldn't they stick on one story?

9. The Mexicans took her in relatiation for RC robbing them

I am so dang frustrated with all this. Last night on the way to dinner my DD said its like a bad game of Clue:

POI's
MC, RC, ToC, JO

How
OD'd, Gun, Yellow Rope, Piece of wood,

Where
MH, the dock, the van, LC & HCSr's house,

That makes 64 different possible scenerios - which one is going to turn out to be the right one?

I've been feeling like this for a long time - a game of Clue. The sad part is that these people who were supposed to love and protect a precious little girl think it really is a game. :mad:

I went to bed last night thinking FH was going to make the rounds on the morning shows today. I'm shocked she didn't. They all would probably cancel on her anyways after hearing her macabre interview last night.

That's because she did them all yesterday before the NG appearance.

All but the right one I believe

Hello WS :)

I have not followed this case as closely as the Casey Anthony case, please excuse my ignorance on the details. :slap:

I went ahead and watched Misty's grandma on NG last night, I would have put this on that thread but it was closed...

She said she received two phone calls. One from Misty and one from Tommy. IIRC, she received these two calls within fifteen minutes of each other. She says both Tommy and Misty told her about Haleigh being in the river, and it was she who called in this information to LE. Reading the threads today, it just seemed that what everyone is saying is that someone else tipped LE?

So was the grandma the tipster? TIA.

Also, FWIW: I have always thought RC was lying about not knowing what happened to his daughter. I can't help it, I feel it so strongly-that is part of the reason I don't post on this case. I feel so strongly that he is guilty, I was afraid I would get myself in trouble. :blushing: I am saying it now because I hope there is a end coming to this case. If RC is innocent, I will have to totally rethink my intuition. Seriously.

I do not understand how it is overlooked that RC was living with, and having sex with an underage girl? That makes him a sexual offender, doesn't it? Okay, he married her, but I think that was to avoid getting in trouble for being with a minor(and other reasons that have nothing to do with love).

I do not understand a parent not looking for their child? I see RC's actions no different than Casey Anthony's...they both just went with their lives the same as they always had. RC never knocked on one door looking for his daughter. If he knew enough to say cousin joe put animals in the river...why didn't he go look for himself?

ETA: All this talk about joe being a sex offender, pedophile... and that is given as reasons he could/would be capable of hurting/killing Haleigh, so shouldn't we think that about RC? We know for a fact that RC has been with underage girls, we only know that joe is a offender from Misty: who has lied. I think if being a sexual offender makes joe look guilty...we would have to say the same about Ron.

Whomever it was, I pray they are brought to justice for Haleigh, and swiftly. My opinion is given with respect for all opinions. I may stand corrected on any details in this case. Thank you.

...mhoo...

Great idea for a thread. I contemplated something like this but I couldn't remember all the stories.

Usually, and this is paraphrased from a quote, but usually when there is more than one story, the truth is right in the middle of all the converging stories. If true with this case though, it's one heck of a truth!

You know what I don’t get?? Is why none of them made up a story about, it was a accident,
She fell, or
She was hit by a car when we were backing up, or
Asthma attack could not find inhaler,
Then say,
We panicked, because we were drinking or partying or something else really stupid.
Why the story about JO?
Either way they would be in trouble for the cover up, Why throw JO under the Bus?

How many of them have come from Misty and Tommy?
I've lost track. Please help me out.

1. Joe took her as revenge because he couldn't find the gun.
2. Joe and Tommy molested her.
3. She OD'd. At the MH? At a party elsewhere?
4. Misty hit her on the head.
5. Four men were in the MH at night and someone took her.
6. She was taken by Larry
7. Misty heard that a black man somewhere said he knows who has her.
8. She was stole by the Sheffields.
9. ...
What else?

Why are there STILL several versions of what happened? Once they've decided to spill it, shouldn't they stick on one story?

Let's take these one by one...

1) I'm sure someone knows of an example, but I don't know of one case where someone takes a child in revenge. Other than custody disputes between the parents.

2) Sadly, I can't rule this one out. I could possibly see this one tying into #1. Molesting Haleigh for his own gratification would be revenge on a father (at least a normal father). Taking her just to take her...I doubt it.

3) I have thought this was possible from the beginning. But if she OD'ed, I think Misty would have thought she was asleep and left her sleeping. But the time she realized Haleigh had passed, decomp would have set in and the cadaver dogs would have picked up on it. If she ODed, it was not at the MH IMO.

4) Misty doesn't seem to have a history of violence. Plus, that doesn't sound like something women typically do.

5) Yep, and Zanny the Nanny was the leader.

6) IDK who Larry is so I cannot comment on this one.

7) Just like Susan Smith, blame it on a black man.

8) And the Sheffields have done a great job hiding her.

I believe the Oxycotton Story. I think that Haleigh accidently gotten into his dad's med's and died. Tommy and Joe was called to the place to get rid of Haleigh. Misty is the ring leader in all this.

I don't give much concern to how many stories we have. Instead, I'm looking at who is telling the stories. Seems Misty and Tommy and Joe too would have a motive to tell stories. To protect themselves and get a reduced sentence on the drug deals. Joe just wants off the list of suspects.
They are all liars IMO.
But on the top of my list when it comes to unbelievable stories is Misty's grandma Flo. There is no way she would listen to these stories, as she says, and not ask more questions, especially if she wants to brag she was the one who turned the tips into LE.
Nancy Grace having her as a guest, I believe, did nothing toward shedding light on this case.
Grandma Flo is another grandma who is off her rocker.

u know if this had been a slam dunkcase we wouldn't know anything about Haleigh. but it has been drug out so long she has captured our hearts. the devil will get his/her due.
i am glad i had this time to know some special things about this precious little girl. sometimes things need to play out in their own good time so we can really see, i mean really see the things that went on in her life.
And i do believe we can really see.
Bless you little one, your with me for ever.

Something I noticed very early on was when Misty was sitting by her mom the day after and talking to a reporter.... she says "I would never do anything with/to that child"... something was weird about the with err to.

I don't give much concern to how many stories we have. Instead, I'm looking at who is telling the stories. Seems Misty and Tommy and Joe too would have a motive to tell stories. To protect themselves and get a reduced sentence on the drug deals. Joe just wants off the list of suspects.
They are all liars IMO.
But on the top of my list when it comes to unbelievable stories is Misty's grandma Flo. There is no way she would listen to these stories, as she says, and not ask more questions, especially if she wants to brag she was the one who turned the tips into LE.
Nancy Grace having her as a guest, I believe, did nothing toward shedding light on this case.

Grandma Flo is another grandma who is off her rocker.

Respectfully Quoted azwriter :)
BBM

ITA. Thank you. When she could rattle off "rope around neck...etc" in the way she did, I was very suspicious. Yet, she had nothing of truth or substance to offer.

o/t: I saw the parents of Jennifer Krass(sp?)on JVM, now they sounded like innocent parents desperately wanting to know what happened to their daughter. Unlike how I have felt about RC, MC and others in their family.

:twocents:

Halieghs disappearance was a big inconvience to these folks. They were involved in something extremely illegal that they have been trying to hide from the very beginning. Who knows what it was.

Also, Grandma Flo waits until over a year, after Haleigh disappears, to "break" Tommy and Misty ? She has talked to them plenty of times before now, to include conversations since they have been in jail. Don't get me wrong, after the Caylee case, there's nothing more I would appreciate than an honest Grandmother, but something about this one isn't sitting right with me.

Something else triggered my hinky meter this week...the picture of Haleigh's bike with ONE TRAINING WHEEL leaning against the MH, and the interview that Misty gave stating, "She was fine, popping wheelies on her bike....."

How could Haleigh pop wheelies with ONE training wheel on the bike?

Where is the other training wheel?

What if they were 'hitching' her bike to the back of a vehicle (with yellow nylon rope) and pulling her on her bike down the street (like jet-skiing, and YES, sadly, it is practiced more than you would think in rural areas!) and something terrible happened and the Croslin gang sprung into lie and deny mode (rather than face the wrath of Ron, or maybe RC even knew about it or even caused it!).

Just putting yet another theory into the mix. Does anyone have Granny Holler's phone number so I can share this with her before 'BOMBSHELL' time?

Hello WS :)

Thanks to Texas Mist for posting this in "Today's Current News"
BBM

Source for renewed search unnamed
No confession in HaLeigh disappearance
Posted: April 17, 2010 - 12:14am

By KATE HOWARD

Before the river searches and changing storylines began this week over HaLeigh Cummings' disappearance, Hank "Tommy" Croslin Jr. took investigators to a spot along the St. Johns River they were soon calling a crime scene.

It's still unclear what was said by Croslin, the brother of the woman who reported 5-year-old HaLeigh missing from her Satsuma home on Feb. 10, 2009.
The Putnam County Sheriff's Office confirmed that Croslin Jr. had called his grandmother on Sunday but couldn't address the contents of the conversation.

It declined to release the tapes of the phone calls, saying the content was connected to the ongoing investigation.

The office then released a statement, saying it had been inundated with phone calls about the case and was no longer able to respond to media inquiries.

Hollars also said she heard from Misty Croslin on Thursday, who gave more details about Haleigh being dropped into the river tied to a cinder block.

However, her father, Hank Croslin Sr., said Misty Croslin "didn't tell Flo all that stuff."
Croslin Sr. and his wife said they spoke to their daughter and son on Friday morning.

He said Croslin Jr. said he only asked Hollars to get in touch with other family members to arrange visits. At the time Hollars was the only one in the family with money in a telephone account to pay for collect calls from jail, the elder Croslin said.

He said his son isn't talking about the case over the phone but has denied involvement in HaLeigh's disappearance.

"I'm not saying he doesn't know anything," Croslin Sr. said, adding that Hollars may have been repeating the content of letters Misty Croslin sent to her father and another brother in Massachusetts.

He also said the reward money in the case - $35,000 - might be an influence.

(end)

However, her father, Hank Croslin Sr., said Misty Croslin "didn't tell Flo all that stuff." Did Misty write about the yellow rope and the cinder block, river, etc. in her letter? I have followed the link to Misty's letter, but I had a hard time reading it. TIA.

ETA: I just saw the thread for "Misty's letter", don't know if I didn't see it before or someone put that up for me...either way. Thank You.

...JS...(just sleuthing)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran