2010.04.16 Ron in lockdown??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"Does anyone else think there is any significance to the fact that Ronald Cummings asked to be removed from protective custody on the day that LE called family together to deliver the news of Haleigh, and his request was granted?"

Respectfully snipped from elle's post above.

I don't know about "significance", but I'm sure that RC didn't enjoy the isolation from other inmates during his period of lockdown. Ron likes to know the local scuttlebutt and was probably eager to learn what was being said about him among other inmates as well as outside the jail walls.

Obviously, RC has to be very careful about what he says to anyone who visits him in jail, so he might want other inmates to convey messages for him. In some ways, this could be a good thing for LE because Ron might be overheard talking to others, and his desire to be in GP might backfire. jmo

In no way do I believe that custody simply moved ron cummings because ron believed he was okay, ready and would be safe in general pop. That is not the way Corrections operate. Corrections makes the decision regarding safety not the inmate. I am curious as to this move, very curious.

I can think of two reasons why prison officials would have put RC in protective custody or why his attorney might have asked for that. Prisoners who are suspected of being informants or of committing crimes against children are two groups often put In PC. Even thigh RC has been charged for nothing but the drug case, the posts on this board have speculated endlessly that he has been a drug informant in the past and that he killed his young daughter. These rumors may have been widespread in the local community. Those rumors could explain the decision for PC. Ronald might have found the isolation difficult and once acclimated to incarceration facing many years in prison for the drug charges, may have decided that it was better to get on with adjusting to his new life circumstances. However despised he might be, he is still a young man, very immature, with few of the intellectual and spiritual resources that allow people to deal well with isolation. Actually, the best hope for his rehabilitation (presuming he is in the end found to be innocent in the matter of Haleigh's disappearance) is for him to find a way to educate himself in prison and to take advantage of opportunities for counseling and self-improvement, for his own sake and also for the sake of his son.

The point is, I believe, that the INMATE doesn't call the shots behind bars.

I think they let him into General Pop. so they can get someone close to Ronald, so that Ronald will start talking to his new "freind". His new "friend" will deliver the info to LE and get a reduced sentense for doing so.

My opinion, no one involved with this case should be in PC at this point - put them all out in GP and let nature take it's course.

HaLeigh was not protected, these players should not be protected either. Each and EVERY one of then, including Ronald, have been caught in a lie. There are a few not even IN jail that have been caught lying.

In no way do I believe that custody simply moved ron cummings because ron believed he was okay, ready and would be safe in general pop. That is not the way Corrections operate. Corrections makes the decision regarding safety not the inmate. I am curious as to this move, very curious.

I am curious also. Just because Ron's attorney said he was moved to Gen. Pop does not mean he was moved to Gen. Pop. I would think LE would be very cautious about sending him to Gen. Pop especially right after he was told Haleigh was dead.

If RC wants to go into General Population with the other inmates, what's the problem?

He showed that back door who was boss didn't he?

I think they let him into General Pop. so they can get someone close to Ronald, so that Ronald will start talking to his new "freind". His new "friend" will deliver the info to LE and get a reduced sentense for doing so.

My opinion, no one involved with this case should be in PC at this point - put them all out in GP and let nature take it's course.

HaLeigh was not protected, these players should not be protected either. Each and EVERY one of then, including Ronald, have been caught in a lie. There are a few not even IN jail that have been caught lying.

BBM..IMHO.. That ain't ever gonna happen unless.....JMO

Of course, you are correct. but prisoners and their attorneys can make requests, especially when a person is awaiting trial or, in RC's case, more probably plea bargain and sentencing. RC has yet to be convicted by a court of law for his role in the drug case. He is in jail because he can't raise bond. Certainly, the authorities involved here, the district attorney and whoever runs the jail in which he is being held, don't want anything to happen to him because they didn't take precautions to protect someone who is going to testify against other individuals involved in the drug trade and possibly a murder. It's also possible that there was concern about his volatility, particularly since LE was using the drug arrests to push Misty into telling what she knows. His habit of making threats and shooting off his mouth might have contributed to the decision to start out with him in PC. Another possibility was that he might have been emotionally unstable, coming off whatever drugs he had been doing and dealing with the fact that he would not be able to be with his son as he grows up. We can't be sure, but protective custody is about keeping prisoners safe from themselves and others.

RC can request to be put into the general population; he was not on lockdown or in solitary for disciplinary circumstances. He can make a request, which authorities can then agree to or deny.

The only way he would be put in lockdown is if he started a physical fight with someone else in jail or was caught with contraband or broke some other rule.

I haven't heard about any disturbances Ron has had with anyone since he has been in jail on the drug charges.

I just think he got tired of being isolated with only the jailers to talk with and when Hardy held the meeting with him and Haleigh's other families he wanted to be in a crowd instead of by himself.

IMO

The only way he would be put in lockdown is if he started a physical fight with someone else in jail or was caught with contraband. (jailers or other inmates)

I haven't heard about any disturbances Ron has had with anyone since he has been in jail on the drug charges.

I just think he got tired of being isolated with only the jailers to talk with and when Hardy held the meeting with him and Haleigh's other families he wanted to be in a crowd instead of by himself.

IMO

Actually, I think one of the tapes released, I think when Ronald is talking to some unidentified female, he says he had gotten in trouble and went to the hole or something, maybe someone else can elaborate on exactly what he said.

jmo

Actually, I think one of the tapes released, I think when Ronald is talking to some unidentified female, he says he had gotten in trouble and went to the hole or something, maybe someone else can elaborate on exactly what he said.

jmo

Oh thanks for the info. I hadn't heard that before. He must not have been in there long though.

Probably a spat with another inmate.

IMO

I realize not too much as been revealed of any of Ron C conversations but I was under the impression when he was talking to GGMS about his dirty underwear and she was telling him to be careful there was a snitch in there that he was in GP then..
Didn't he mention playing cards and some other things that indicated he was interacting with the other inmates? If he is communicating with other inmates isn't that General population or Am I not understanding the difference between general population, lockdown and protective custody?
I know when he was at Flagler he mentioned the only person he ever saw was the guy who took out the trash three times a day..

I realize not too much as been revealed of any of Ron C conversations but I was under the impression when he was talking to GGMS about his dirty underwear and she was telling him to be careful there was a snitch in there that he was in GP then..
Didn't he mention playing cards and some other things that indicated he was interacting with the other inmates? If he is communicating with other inmates isn't that General population or Am I not understanding the difference between general population, lockdown and protective custody?
I know when he was at Flagler he mentioned the only person he ever saw was the guy who took out the trash three times a day..

Well, doesn't Misty complain about being segregated, but somehow shes getting close to someone who is braiding her hair? So I dont get it either.

Well, doesn't Misty complain about being segregated, but somehow shes getting close to someone who is braiding her hair? So I dont get it either.

I think Misty gets someone to do it through the bars.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Protective custody is a type of imprisonment (or care) to protect a prisoner (or other person) from harm, either from outside sources or other prisoners.

In a prison context, protective custody is used mainly in the following cases:

* Those who are at high risk of being harmed or killed by other prisoners either for their crime or their group (ethnic or otherwise), such as pedophiles, child murderers / child abusers,[1] police officers, gang members in a prison containing rival gang members, or prisoners who are gay or transgender.[2]

* Those criminals who are themselves witnesses to a crime, and might be harmed by other prisoners to either prevent them from speaking out, or for revenge.

Protective custody might simply involve putting the person in a secure prison (if the threat is from the outside), but usually protective custody involves some degree of solitary confinement. In the case of a person being threatened due to his association with a certain group, moving that person to another section of the prison may be sufficient.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back