2010.04.16 Ron in lockdown??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
ITA! There has to be a reason why he wants to go to GP.

I'm sure there are plenty-- makes him seem so fearless, brave, sociable etc. (oh, and innocent of course). But, imo, why LE wants him in GP is far more intriguing.

I can actually envision rc playing this poor victim to his cellie. He will be the victim to a wider group and since the group keeps changing he can get the word of "martyr" out there quicklly. Not hard to see him telling everyone about the girl he married murdering his child and he had no idea she was such a witch...yep...I can hear him right now.

I can actually envision rc playing this poor victim to his cellie. He will be the victim to a wider group and since the group keeps changing he can get the word of "martyr" out there quicklly. Not hard to see him telling everyone about the girl he married murdering his child and he had no idea she was such a witch...yep...I can hear him right now.

I agree but I also think he must know a number of connections/friends in there & wants to hang out with his buds in GP. :cool:

There is a really good chance at this point that there are 3 people telling the same story and that the story implicates Ron. Now, if they can get someone in the general population to get the same story out of Ron....then there is a real chance they can get this case to a jury. A "jail-house" confession would have been of little value at a trial, UNTIL they got a similar story from three different people who are all isolated from each other in three different places. Now it is the time to let Ron out so he can hang out and shoot the breeze with his buddies in jail. If an informant can now get RC to fess up some info.....hopefully things will all fall into place, finally.

jmoo

Raeann..luv ya,

But rc is not going to talk anytime soon. He has no friends, but will make some now. Whatever he tells, it will be all about him being the father of a murdered child and how he is going to get and kill the person/s..ya know, same ole chit.

He had fourteen months to break misty and suspect JO and did nothing. Never going in to talk to LE when requested but once with Shoemaker and that was after the assault charge.
He says, "Beyond I wasn't there and know nothing, what do they want me to say"? That's all he knows and he is giving up nothing.

I wish GP was an ulterior motive for LE but I am afraid it is not.

I have a question. Most of you may think this is a stupid question but I don't know so I'm asking lol. Is Lockdown and Protective Custody the same thing or are they considered 2 different things in jails?

Raeann..luv ya,

But rc is not going to talk anytime soon. He has no friends, but will make some now. Whatever he tells, it will be all about him being the father of a murdered child and how he is going to get and kill the person/s..ya know, same ole chit.

He had fourteen months to break misty and suspect JO and did nothing. Never going in to talk to LE when requested but once with Shoemaker and that was after the assault charge.
He says, "Beyond I wasn't there and know nothing, what do they want me to say"? That's all he knows and he is giving up nothing.

I wish GP was an ulterior motive for LE but I am afraid it is not.

LOL....there you go again, destroying all my best hopes and dreams......
:crazy:

I have a question. Most of you may think this is a stupid question but I don't know so I'm asking lol. Is Lockdown and Protective Custody the same thing or are they considered 2 different things in jails?

I have been told they are two different things PC you can have visitors, make phone calls, send and receive mail etc, but you can not do any of those things in lock down. PC is for your own protection, lock down is more like a punishment or is a punishment I think.

I totally agree!! As far as I know, an inmate cannot request where they want to be housed, as it is the jail administration's decision as to what is best for the jail as to where they place someone.

If you could 'request' to be placed somewhere specific as to your liking in jail, I think I would like to be arrested in St John's County and 'request' to be put in MISTY'S CELL...just for 20 minutes....that's all I need....

In Michigan, I know for a fact an inmate can request a specific holding area. I have a relative who requested the floor that housed inmates who required medication. He did this because he was exhausted when he was booked and that floor had immediate beds. That floor does not allow inmates to have coffee. He then requested to be put on the GP floor because he doesn't have any medication requirements and so they have since moved him. His cohort in crime has bounced back between the two floors so many times that the jail Psychiatrist actually yelled at him.

I have been told they are two different things PC you can have visitors, make phone calls, send and receive mail etc, but you can not do any of those things in lock down. PC is for your own protection, lock down is more like a punishment or is a punishment I think.

Ok thank you. So then my next question is...was RC actually in lockdown or protective custody?

Ok thank you. So then my next question is...was RC actually in lockdown or protective custody?

I will say PC I believe he was in PC for the whole time he has been in Jail. I did here his lawyer say Ron ASKED to go into GP and was allowed to. I have no idea if that is the norm or not. When it comes to Ron Cummings not much if anything is the norm imo

I heard that all this time they kept Ron in a secured cell to protect his safety but since the meeting with all the family and them being terribly upset, Ron asked to be put in general population. He said he wasn't fearful for his safety according to his lawyer.

LE obliged Ron's request. I also heard he has been in GP since Wednesday.

LE/Jailers and the Chaplain there may have thought it was a better idea anyway to let him in GP so he could be among others rather than being in a cell by himself after learning what he and other family learned that seem to be devastating.

I don't think "lock down" is the correct words.

When they do lock downs then everyone is ordered back to their cells and locked in until the entire jail or prison is all clear.

imo

Now that makes perfect sense.

He was not in lockdown but protective custody.

imo

I think the title of the thread is misleading. Ron has always been in protective custody--not lockdown--and he requested to go to GP. JMO

I agree. Definitely protective custody, but i don't think lockdown. I'm wondering if he is getting lonely and bored in protective custody and wants to mingle and find himself some drugs:crazy: jmo

Thank you for your answers! I saw this thread when it was first posted and I have been thinking about it ever since. If indeed RC was in a lockdown type of situation (because he was being punished or whatever) to where they didn't allow visitors, phone calls etc then I would have thought it was because LE actually thinks he is the guilty party. But that also explained to me why we haven't "heard" anything from RC as far as jailhouse recordings and such. I get why he would be in PC...for his own protection...but I didn't get why he would be in a lockdown type of situation unless LE does in fact think he is guilty and they want to keep him from getting/giving info from/to the outside and only what they want to tell him. So then I guess his not having visitors or making phone calls is of his own doing (as far as I can see anyway). Again, thanks.

He or his family..most likely sending his mail and video through his attorney, ala Casey Anthony. He is a sneaky one, no doubt about it. The family knows and is not giving the press the opportunity to record or read, for that matter. TN is staying on top of the situation, as usual becaue ,imo, she is the type to matters in her own hands and totally control the situation.

Ron was not in lock-down. Lock down is a term used for shutting down priveleges to a group or cell block/wing. Lock-up is different and I think that is what was meant. He was in protective custody x1 day when he arrived and was kept away from inmates/staff. He went ballistic in there. He needs and wants to be around people and cannot be alone or he will crack.

Custody Staff does not have cause to keep him in that cell after the first 24 hr observation. He was moved to another PC cell where he could see everyone around and could talk through doors to other inmates in same situation. He has now been moved, due to no observations of him being upset, violent, depressed and in staff's opinion, due to the news coverage, he is not in jeopardy of being hurt. He has been portrayed in national media such as the NG show, as "Not involved" with the crime against his daughter. He is now a sympathetic inmate and not a person that they would harm for hurting a child.

He or his family..most likely sending his mail and video through his attorney, ala Casey Anthony. He is a sneaky one, no doubt about it. The family knows and is not giving the press the opportunity to record or read, for that matter. TN is staying on top of the situation, as usual becaue ,imo, she is the type to matters in her own hands and totally control the situation.

Ron was not in lock-down. Lock down is a term used for shutting down priveleges to a group or cell block/wing. Lock-up is different and I think that is what was meant. He was in protective custody x1 day when he arrived and was kept away from inmates/staff. He went ballistic in there. He needs and wants to be around people and cannot be alone or he will crack.

Custody Staff does not have cause to keep him in that cell after the first 24 hr observation. He was moved to another PC cell where he could see everyone around and could talk through doors to other inmates in same situation. He has now been moved, due to no observations of him being upset, violent, depressed and in staff's opinion, due to the news coverage, he is not in jeopardy of being hurt. He has been portrayed in national media such as the NG show, as "Not involved" with the crime against his daughter. He is now a sympathetic inmate and not a person that they would harm for hurting a child.

My whole point of asking was because I was wondering if I was going to have to start thinking about what side dishes I wanted with my big plate of crow LOL

In Michigan, I know for a fact an inmate can request a specific holding area. I have a relative who requested the floor that housed inmates who required medication. He did this because he was exhausted when he was booked and that floor had immediate beds. That floor does not allow inmates to have coffee. He then requested to be put on the GP floor because he doesn't have any medication requirements and so they have since moved him. His cohort in crime has bounced back between the two floors so many times that the jail Psychiatrist actually yelled at him.

Inmates can request all they want that doesn't mean they get to change cells. They are moved for various reasons, usually to accomodate staff needs. They are often moved for psych reasons or for acting out or everytime they go to court because their bed gets filled by a new arrival.

But generally speaking...NO..staff can't move these people around just because the inmate doesn't like his cell or cellie. Again I am speaking of State Facilities. I have never spent any time in a County Jail center or claim to know their procedure. Usually though, procedures are similar.

All I know is Casey A likes her accomodations so it can't be bad in Orange County Florida. I suspect the smaller the community, the better the County holding is.

My whole point of asking was because I was wondering if I was going to have to start thinking about what side dishes I wanted with my big plate of crow LOL

Looks lilke we all may be going to a Buffet Style Bird Feast... I want lots of stuffing and there better be cranberry relish there.

Does anyone else think there is any significance to the fact that Ronald Cummings asked to be removed from protective custody on the day that LE called family together to deliver the news of Haleigh, and his request was granted?

I understand that Tommy and Misty are in protective custody, does anyone know the status of Donna Brock, of course Hope has already been sent off to the big house.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/16/ng.01.html

snip~CASAREZ: Can you tell us procedurally, earlier in the week we know they called the family to the jail. We know that Ronald was taken somewhere. Can you -- procedurally, what happened to Ronald early this week when authorities came there?

SHOEMAKER: Well, originally, it probably would have been around Wednesday I think he was taken out of his cell and he had been in his cell on his own ever since he was arrested. He was taken over to the sheriff`s office.

They talked to him about what had transpired and the fact that there were some new tips that they were searching. He was then put back -- he has to be put back into general population at that time. He has been in general population ever since then.

And then last night one of the homicide detectives again came over and talked to him, gave him an update on what was going on and what they had found and what they were hoping to find.

CASAREZ: So you`re saying that he was taken from protective custody being alone, which he has been from the beginning, into general population?

SHOEMAKER: Yes. And -- yes, ma`am. And actually, that was Ronald`s request.
He didn`t feel as though he was in any danger, and he didn`t think that he actually needed to be in any protective custody. And he asked to be put -- or placed back -- or into general population.~ end

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back