2010.04.20 Levi Page article~"Don't clear Ronald Cummings yet!"

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dr. Fessel~
The drugs that Ron is addicted to he has a prescription for, you know he's got a bad back. The problem is there are not enough pills in his script for his habit. Anyway if DCS tested him it would show Oxys just like he has a script for. The test does not tell how much he has in his system.

I have to disagree... I worked for a "pain clinic" as a nurse (not proud of it)
we did drug testing on our patients and Dr.s can test for therapeutic drug levels. if the level is above what it should be based on what was prescribed we KNEW they were getting meds elsewhere in addition to what our doc prescribed and the pt's were discharged from the practice!

I know they have those test too but I bet that is not what DCS uses. They would use the cheapest test to test for drugs. That would make sense really since they would have a lot better things to spend their money on.

Respectfully Snipped...

Originally Posted by Bathbuddys;
Also he didnt have problems with kids until he got Misty involved so I dont know why he kept her around really as now look what has happened. Her familly and friends scare me and I wouldnt let them around my children....
-----------------------------------------------------------------

How do you know that Ronald didn't have any problems with the kids until he got involved with Misty? They'd only been together four months. Ron's comment to Geraldo about spanking HaLeigh the way DFC told him to (which, rolling eyes, DCF wouldn't do) obviously indicated that there had been some interaction with DCF and one thing is certain - if that interaction occurred within the four months prior to HaLeigh's disappearance, when Ronald was living with Misty, he obviously withheld the fact that he had a sixteen/seventeen year-old gf living with him because that would have been a HUGE problem.

I know they have those test too but I bet that is not what DCS uses. They would use the cheapest test to test for drugs. That would make sense really since they would have a lot better things to spend their money on.

Yes I think they only test for the illegal drugs and mostly amphetimines.

well my mom and sister are both nurses and both became addicted to prescription drugs (not bragging) but both got away with it for years... and drug addiction is not (should be) a legal reason to take kids away from a parent. in this case they picked the drug addict parent that was working? I don't know, it just (to me) has no bearing on who murdered Haleigh? they are all druggies from what it looks like but that isnt going to tell us who did this to Haleigh and where is she?[/quote]

BBM

You never know. Look at how far the DRUG busts has gotten us....Homocide....Persons of Interest. We got a lot of information from that bust. If drugs were not involved in the actual death of Haleigh...They sure played a part in trying to unravel this mess.

http://www.drugfreeworkplace.com/drugsofabuse/opiates.htm
this is more about workplace... but not only can they test for amounts, they can tell how long ago the drug was ingested based on how the body metabolizes it.

Screening Cut-off:
Older cut-offs were in effect till August, '02. Thereafter:
Screening cut-off is 2,000 ng/ml
Confirmation GC/MS Cut-off:
Older cut-offs were in effect till August, '02. Thereafter:
Standard cut-off is 2,000 ng/ml
6-MAM is "automatic" in DOT testing.
"Burden of Proof" Cut-off is 15,000 ng/ml
Facts for Verifying M.R.O
Remember that 6 MAM is now automatically run by lab whenever a specimen tests above 2,000 ng/ml for Morpine or codeine.
POSITIVE 6-MAM is SPECIFIC FOR HEROIN,
6-MAM is always gc/ms and cut-off is 10 ng/ml
When 6-MAM is positive, usually, Morphine level above 6,000.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNIQUE REQUIREMENT IN VERIFICATION OF OPIATE ABUSE:
CLINICAL EVIDENCE
is required to report a POSITIVE opiate test.
EXCEPT FOR:
1.6-MAM POSITIVE DONOR WHO IS HEROIN-POSITIVE WITHOUT EXAM! ...OR
2. DONOR ABOVE 15,000 ng/ml who bears burden of proof of legitimate use.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN CASES OF CODEIN USE OR ABUSE:
The PROPORTION OF CODEINE / MORPHINE gives clue as to TIME of Codeine use:

EARLY: (shortly after abuse) Codeine is high & Morphine is low!
LATER: Codeine is low (degradation) and Morphine is high!

well my mom and sister are both nurses and both became addicted to prescription drugs (not bragging) but both got away with it for years... and drug addiction is not (should be) a legal reason to take kids away from a parent. in this case they picked the drug addict parent that was working? I don't know, it just (to me) has no bearing on who murdered Haleigh? they are all druggies from what it looks like but that isnt going to tell us who did this to Haleigh and where is she?

Homes that have a drug atmosphere, addiction and dealing going on are a very dangerous place for children and the people in them. Lots of murders in homes like that.

Respectfully Snipped...

Also he didnt have problems with kids until he got Misty involved so I dont know why he kept her around really as now look what has happened. Her familly and friends scare me and I wouldnt let them around my children....
-----------------------------------------------------------------

How do you know that Ronald didn't have any problems with the kids until he got involved with Misty? They'd only been together four months. Ron's comment to Geraldo about spanking HaLeigh the way DFC told him to (which, rolling eyes, DCF wouldn't do) obviously indicated that there had been some interaction with DCF and one thing is certain - if that interaction occurred within the four months prior to HaLeigh's disappearance, when Ronald was living with Misty, he obviously withheld the fact that he had a sixteen/seventeen year-old gf living with him because that would have been a HUGE problem.

I guess I left out the word seemed like he didnt have problems with the kids.
I don't know that for sure but if he was living with his mom and grandma, I would think things at home were a lot better for the kids as they were helping him with the kids.
I have gone to parenting classes and they most certainly do tell how to properly discipline your children. They tell you to not to ever be angry when you spank a child and if you are to walk away and spank when you can do it in a controlled manner. If you spank your children it doesnt always mean abuse. He is a young man and I just wish he would have told GR to go ask DCS as I think RON made the mistake of even talkin to him or media at all... he is young and the media tore him up. I think the media did that with all the people involved in this case. Just awful.... they were unprepared for the media. young and naive.

well my mom and sister are both nurses and both became addicted to prescription drugs (not bragging) but both got away with it for years... and drug addiction is not (should be) a legal reason to take kids away from a parent. in this case they picked the drug addict parent that was working? I don't know, it just (to me) has no bearing on who murdered Haleigh? they are all druggies from what it looks like but that isnt going to tell us who did this to Haleigh and where is she?

BBM unless the caregiver can't get the child to school on time, wash their clothes, or protect them from harm... - etc
MOO had Haleigh's caregivers ALL been sober ( living a clean life) I bet she'd still be here... (not the same for all cases of missing/murdered children)- just this case

BBM unless the caregiver can't get the child to school on time, wash their clothes, or protect them from harm... - etc
MOO had Haleigh's caregivers ALL been sober ( living a clean life) I bet she'd still be here... (not the same for all cases of missing/murdered children)- just this case

I hear ya, it is soooo sad isn't it? I hope they clear this up soon for everyone involved. I just wish whoever did this would say so but I wish that with Caylee too..... these families have got to miss them more than want to protect whoever did it? dont they?

I don't know that for sure but if he was living with his mom and grandma, I would think things at home were a lot better for the kids as they were helping him with the kids.
I have gone to parenting classes and they most certainly do tell how to properly discipline your children. They tell you to not to ever be angry when you spank a child and if you are to walk away and spank when you can do it in a controlled manner. If you spank your children it doesnt always mean abuse. He is a young man and I just wish he would have told GR to go ask DCS as I think RON made the mistake of even talkin to him or media at all... he is young and the media tore him up. I think the media did that with all the people involved in this case. Just awful.... they were unprepared for the media. young and naive.

I don't think Ron was living with either of them. Didn't he move from around the corner. He had his own place then, remember he said he had to move because he needed a 3 bdrm?

I hear ya, it is soooo sad isn't it? I hope they clear this up soon for everyone involved. I just wish whoever did this would say so but I wish that with Caylee too..... these families have got to miss them more than want to protect whoever did it? dont they?

BBM and that is exactly why she is an Angel now. :angel:

I hear ya, it is soooo sad isn't it? I hope they clear this up soon for everyone involved. I just wish whoever did this would say so but I wish that with Caylee too..... these families have got to miss them more than want to protect whoever did it? dont they?[/QUOTE]

BBM

BB, I guess with some people it's not like that. It is sad but what can we do? I guess after the deed is done, they are faced with a choice of PRISON or FREEDOM..If the choice is FREEDOM, then I would assume, by any means necessary, they would do what they had to do to maintain their freedom. I don't doubt that they miss her...I know they do...they have to...but what's done is done. You can't rewind time, KWIM? And if it take covering-up, lying, or whatever, to move forward, one must do what has to be done, I guess. It's crazy.

I have gone to parenting classes and they most certainly do tell how to properly discipline your children. They tell you to not to ever be angry when you spank a child and if you are to walk away and spank when you can do it in a controlled manner. If you spank your children it doesnt always mean abuse.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't disputing that proper discipline techniques are taught.

I was disputing that they advocate and teach parents how to spank.

Discipline does not = Spanking, likewise Spanking doesn't = Discipline.

MOO ~

I am really TRYING to tell you ones that don't know about informants. I would deny it too. It is a secret and you dont tell anyone you are a drug informant, especially in this crowd.
I also want to remind people that is RON or his mom and grandma all did this and Misty is covering up for him and the others that RON is the one that called 911 that night and i REALLY DONT THINK for second if he was involved he would have called the cops. People into killin their kids and dealing drugs and all that you all say he does, he would not have called the pollice at all. If they were all in on it we wouldnt even know about this case as it would still not be reported. think about this carefully and you will see it dont make sense......

Also he WOULD not have had custody of his children as the DCS was in contact and visits to his home..... and I do believe he had to drug test. THIS is the law....CRYSTAL would be the only one with real motive here as she had to pay child support and never paid it..( I do not think she did this at all) but just sayin.....

BBM- I really think that CRYSTAL would notice her child missing. Not saying Ron did something, not saying he didn't. However, not calling the cops was not an option. Especially if DCS has been involved in the past.

Bathbuddy's you're correct regarding the methods that DCS 'approves of' as discipline. I've volunteered for many years as a Guardian ad Litem, (not in Florida tho) I don't know if you are familiar with what they do or not..since what they are called differs depending on your state. But what we do is work along with DSS or DCF, again whatever each state calls it, to help investigate and follow through with folks who whatever reason have been brought to their attention. DCF is so over-extended as far as man-power, as well as a few that just don't do anything more than they have to do.

What I'm trying to say is that in some cases, no matter how hard they try..things get by them...remember, no one is following anyone daily, drug tests can easily be cheated and passed and we have to keep in mind that often a caseworker has 100 cases. That's ALOT of people to keep up with, follow thru on, investigate the charges of and court hearings to attend.

Can you tell that often I think that our DCF workers get a bad rap? :) They don't make much mulah at all, so they have to be passionate about what they do and they are always on call.

In in a case such as this one (and I'm talking about before HaLeigh was missing) when investigating claims involving young children such as HaLeigh and Jr, who for the most part are around family 24/7, the information you get, absent any visible bruises at THAT time, is only as good as what family will admit and MANY families unfortunately will lie or withhold info from DCF, which in turn can tie DCF's hands at best and at worst let an abusive or negligent parent keep abusing or neglecting. :(..

I could see this happening here..Not saying it did, but we all (including yourself, I THINK, please tell me if I'm mistaken) know that they DID NOT want Crystal to get custody of the children..whether one believes that Crystal OR Ron was the better parent..OR neither..The Cummings did not want to lose those children, not to anyone of course, but especially Crystal (imo).. Do you think that maybe it's even a possibility that TN and GGMS would lie for Ronald?..if they felt they were helping to ensure that he didn't lose custody? ..or if there was anything that Ron was doing that he shouldn't have been..do you think they would have told DCF?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
I wasn't disputing that proper discipline techniques are taught.

I was disputing that they advocate and teach parents how to spank.

Discipline does not = Spanking, likewise Spanking doesn't = Discipline.

MOO ~[/QUOTE]

I have spanked... didn't work, but I have never told a sitter to spank my child. That is something only the parent should do when and if they see fit. Surely parenting classes teach that. ~maybe not

and if this relates (in any way) to RC telling MC to spank haleigh before she went to bed... wouldn't a back rub calm her and spanking her just rile her up more? I know that's the case with my kids...

ok way OT I know...

U know what my son got BOTH of his sons names tatooed on him and they are BOTH alive. he has their footprint and handprint on him too... the tatoo Ron got was donated by the artist and I dont know about you, but all the young people these days are getting tatoos just for the fad of it. it is very 'normal' these days......
It may be a normal fad, but it is NOT normal to get a tattoo of your child that has only been missing for approx. 3 weeks.
Not to mention, the $400 that this *donor* paid, could have been put to much better use: Searching for Ron's missing daughter.

There is a thread about spanking in the Jury Room.

Get back on topic. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sloan3039
Back