Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Here is one Zaha

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,492185,00.html

snip

VAN SUSTEREN: Did you come in the front door or the back door of that double wide, Ronald?

CUMMINGS: I came in the front door. I pulled into the driveway. She was standing at the front door, and I wanted to know what she was doing up, first, at that time of night. Usually, she is in bed asleep.

And she told me that she just got up to use the bathroom, and that she saw that Haleigh was not in her bed. She went to find her, and the back door was wide open, and she was nowhere to be found. She was gone.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty, had you been the one to block that back door?

CROSLIN: No, I did not lock the back door because the back door is always locked. We really do not use the back door.

CUMMINGS: Absolutely.

VAN SUSTEREN: What kind of lock is on that back door? Is it a deadbolt? Do you need a key, or is there a know on the inside? How do you work that back door lock?

CUMMINGS: There is a lock on the knob on the inside, and it has a deadbolt also. The deadbolt is very hard to get unlocked once you get it locked. You have to push in hard on the door, and a child would never get that unlocked.

VAN SUSTEREN: Misty--go ahead. I'm sorry, Ronald.

CUMMINGS: I do keep it locked. I do check it every afternoon before I leave for work. It is always locked, always.

More at article

IIRC, Ron kept saying NO One Knows where I live, NO one!
That makes no sense to me...........the school, bus driver, former neighbors, the Cummings and Croslin families all knew..............
did he mean no DRUG DEALERS knew where he lived?
I just think that was 1 of his ODD statements...........

just like "I put the lock up high so Haliegh couldn't reach it and it is ALWAYS locked!
It was at average height and yes a 4-5 year old could open it.
Anyone could of unlocked the door at any time.........why did RC insist the door was always LOCKED???RC volunteers info that never made sense to me. IMO

By "locked" could he have meant HE was always "locked" and loaded?
as in always "armed"? JUst speaking a wee bit out of context? MOO

Out of all I read, that Greta interview Zaha linked, the thing that gets me the most, and gnaws at me, is Ronald saying, "I asked her what she was doing up" Its like hes talking about a little tiny child, I mean thats his first thought about seeing his girlfriend after he worked overtime? She is fairly young, why wouldnt she get up when he got home from work and smoke a cig her brought for her, or enjoy a beer with him. I just think its an odd thing to say, especially now knowing Misty is saying LE needs to look into Ron and why he did not answer his phone when she called, its a cell phone, one would think its close to him at all times, if she had tried calling him, why was he so shocked to see her standing at the door, did he thinks she was making calls from the bed, and taking a chance waking the kids?

Out of all I read, that Greta interview Zaha linked, the thing that gets me the most, and gnaws at me, is Ronald saying, "I asked her what she was doing up" Its like hes talking about a little tiny child, I mean thats his first thought about seeing his girlfriend after he worked overtime? She is fairly young, why wouldnt she get up when he got home from work and smoke a cig her brought for her, or enjoy a beer with him. I just think its an odd thing to say, especially now knowing Misty is saying LE needs to look into Ron and why he did not answer his phone when she called, its a cell phone, one would think its close to him at all times, if she had tried calling him, why was he so shocked to see her standing at the door, did he thinks she was making calls from the bed, and taking a chance waking the kids?
You make good points. However, she had just called him around 3:00 a.m. as he was driving home. If what has been said is correct, which we never know, he stopped in to buy some brewskies and a pack of cigs.... maybe he missed her call since his phone was in his car/truck. I still haven't figured that one out truck/car. Or, as he said, why answer the phone when he was pulling in the drive way? Cell phone pings will be very important in this case.

You make good points. However, she had just called him around 3:00 a.m. as he was driving home. If what has been said is correct, which we never know, he stopped in to buy some brewskies and a pack of cigs.... maybe he missed her call since his phone was in his car/truck. I still haven't figured that one out truck/car. Or, as he said, why answer the phone when he was pulling in the drive way? Cell phone pings will be very important in this case.

I guess I would want to know Rons cell phone habits, I mean was he known to leave his phone in the car? I really dont think so considering how many calls he made to Misty that night and couldnt get a hold of her, and he was making these calls at work. And I just think, if your childs babysitter finds your child missing, would they just try to call once to find you? Did Misty then call the PDM company and try to find Ron when she couldnt get him via cell? A missing child is a big deal, and then we factor in all these calls to Misty, and then what happened that night that made Ronald stop trying to get ahold of Misty?

And yes the cell phone pings will be interesting.

Odd because, this has bothered me from day one. When he tells this story, he says "I asked her why she was up?". That doesn't seem to fit what someone who had tried to call 20 or more times, then call a family member to ask if she was there. I would have thought the first thing he would have ask is where the hack where you or, I have tried to call you all night? Or something along those lines. Ron just doesn't strike me as the type that would nonchalantly ask her why she was still up after not getting an answer to all the calls he made.

It sure doesn't mean he had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance or death, but it does make me believe he is a phony or liar, when he tells this story.

Odd because, this has bothered me from day one. When he tells this story, he says "I asked her why she was up?". That doesn't seem to fit what someone who had tried to call 20 or more times, then call a family member to ask if she was there. I would have thought the first thing he would have ask is where the hack where you or, I have tried to call you all night? Or something along those lines. Ron just doesn't strike me as the type that would nonchalantly ask her why she was still up after not getting an answer to all the calls he made.

It sure doesn't mean he had anything to do with Haleigh's disappearance or death, but it does make me believe he is a phony or liar, when he tells this story.

IF what was reported is true about Misty having her phone off, did she know Ron was werking overtime? Did Ron mention this to Tommy when he called him? If he did, did Tommey tell Misty Ron was werking overtime? If so, that means Tommy talked to Misty sometime before Ron got home. I guess this doesn't mean much more than more differences in all of their stories - but when lies are told, it is hard to keep them straight.

He says she is not normally up at that time. We are supposed to believe that there ever was any normalcy in that family of drug addicts and abusers. She just came back from a 3 day binge, she did not know if she was going to babysit the kids until that day and half of the time she spent babysitting Ron could not get a hold of her.

She is not normally up.................

What he leaves out is he is not normally home at that time.

If she did not know if she was going to babysit then they had not gotten together. She was just the babysitter. How many times had he worked overtime and came home when Misty was just the babysitter.

He had only been on that shift a couple of weeks according to TN. How many times could he have worked over?

Why didn't he think oh cool Misty is up.

I agree with Levi's article and have thought Ronald was involved since the moment he fell to his knees that first morning.

After we got to hear the 911 tape, I was convinced Ronald was involved. Nothing has changed my mind so far. If I am wrong, then I just need to be put out to pasture.

JMO

My thoughts exactly - The first information I had about HaLeigh was watching Ron in his blue striped shirt falling down and I knew right then that he knew what had happened to HaLeigh, and then I heard the 911 tape and my suspicions were confirmed. NOTHING that I've learned since then has changed my mind, not to mention the fact that statistically parents are the responsible party in situations like this.

How can we believe ANYTHING that Ron Cummings says when he lies about EVERYTHING?

He uses people, he even seems to enjoy the chaos his non-answers and conflicting answers engender.

The whole "stolen" gun int the culvert story is one example. It takes a pretty distorted mind and heart to be playing games like that, especially around the time his daughter is being looked for. The playing around with his work hours is another example. An innocent man, heartbroken, terrified, and begging for help in rescuing his daughter, would be laying his life out bare and being meticulous in describing the minutes and hours of those days, just like he described exactly what he bought at the market that early am of 2/10/09.

I really don't have the adequate vocabulary to describe the deviousness and the distortions that this man is obviously capable of and seems to enjoy. He is reckless with the lives of those around him and seems to believe he is impervious to societies rules and punishments. That his mother and grandmother seem to be the same way is even more disturbing and causes me to look at them very closely when it comes to what happened to HaLeigh.

As the title of this thread announces: "Don't clear Ronald Cummings yet!" He hasn't even begun to explain himself.

My Very Strong OPINIONS.

My thoughts exactly - The first information I had about HaLeigh was watching Ron in his blue striped shirt falling down and I knew right then that he knew what had happened to HaLeigh, and then I heard the 911 tape and my suspicions were confirmed. NOTHING that I've learned since then has changed my mind, not to mention the fact that statistically parents are the responsible party in situations like this.

I've heard different stories about his purchases at the store that night, but I believe he bought 2 packs of cigs. 2 packs of peanuts, and one, 32 oz. beer.
I believe another report, says it was 2 beers, 2 peanuts and one pkg cigs. The point is....why did he buy 2 of anything, if he really thought Misty was in the bed? Tomorrow is another day, and since he had been trying frantically all night long to reach her, shouldn't he have been in a rush to get home? His point about the back door always being locked, yet he checked it everyday is funny too. I have a door off my dining room that stays locked. I never check it, because it always stays locked. Why is the back door so important to Ron? Misty and the kids use the front door many times after he leaves for work....so what's so important about that back door? The things they are adamant about, are the things I don't believe. Pee blankets, stolen guns, locked doors, Cousin Joe and "I don't do drugs!"

Sorry, I responded to the wrong post!

I've heard different stories about his purchases at the store that night, but I believe he bought 2 packs of cigs. 2 packs of peanuts, and one, 32 oz. beer.
I believe another report, says it was 2 beers, 2 peanuts and one pkg cigs. The point is....why did he buy 2 of anything, if he really thought Misty was in the bed? Tomorrow is another day, and since he had been trying frantically all night long to reach her, shouldn't he have been in a rush to get home? His point about the back door always being locked, yet he checked it everyday is funny too. I have a door off my dining room that stays locked. I never check it, because it always stays locked. Why is the back door so important to Ron? Misty and the kids use the front door many times after he leaves for work....so what's so important about that back door? The things they are adamant about, are the things I don't believe. Pee blankets, stolen guns, locked doors, Cousin Joe and "I don't do drugs!"

Sorry, I responded to the wrong post!

The back door is important for Ron because he is the one who made the absurd thing all up and propped the door and staged it to all look like his daughter got stole. Knowing that the cops are saying it wasn't a stranger who bump picked a lock and got in, that kind of makes the door look absurd, a dumb plan when you think about, and I think it was concocted by Ronald.

well I dont know where you live but where I live and my stepson included are all VEry dramatic in their actions and get tatoos of things I have never seen or thought of...so I guess it depends on where you live etc.... JMO

I think a lot of the speculation has to do with the timing of the tattoo, IMO. When my step-grandson was killed two years ago at age 13 his mother and maternal grandmother immediately had a memorial tattoo done over their hearts with his name and date of birth and death. Your stepson and others may get tattoos to honor, remember, for love, or just for fun but in this case, a little girl disappeared. A cast of characters are involved who are into crime, drug dealing, stealing, feuding, fighting, partying, you name it. Within weeks, the father marries the "key" to the case, gets a sign on his truck window "Only God can Judge Me", beats up the in-laws, kills a rat to put in his brother-in-laws mailbox as a threat, stops talking with LE, gets a criminal attorney, should I go on? I think that the tattoo was a memorial to a dead little girl. That's the difference as far as I see it.

How can we believe ANYTHING that Ron Cummings says when he lies about EVERYTHING?

He uses people, he even seems to enjoy the chaos his non-answers and conflicting answers engender.

The whole "stolen" gun int the culvert story is one example. It takes a pretty distorted mind and heart to be playing games like that, especially around the time his daughter is being looked for. The playing around with his work hours is another example. An innocent man, heartbroken, terrified, and begging for help in rescuing his daughter, would be laying his life out bare and being meticulous in describing the minutes and hours of those days, just like he described exactly what he bought at the market that early am of 2/10/09.

I really don't have the adequate vocabulary to describe the deviousness and the distortions that this man is obviously capable of and seems to enjoy. He is reckless with the lives of those around him and seems to believe he is impervious to societies rules and punishments. That his mother and grandmother seem to be the same way is even more disturbing and causes me to look at them very closely when it comes to what happened to HaLeigh.

As the title of this thread announces: "Don't clear Ronald Cummings yet!" He hasn't even begun to explain himself.

My Very Strong OPINIONS.

I think that you have described Ron Cummings very adequately. His diabolical actions were easily detected in the way he manipulated the court in the custody hearings when the children were very small. How he so easily convinced an officer of the court into giving the children to him. Dirty dealing comes so easily to him. His arrogance and sense of entitlement are so apparent that "Ray Charles" could have seen it. His control and possible abuse over all of the females in his life and the bullying and rage he exhibits at the slightest prod. The quick use of a weapon during rage, ie., the road rage incident, the assault on Misty's family, the threat to harm by putting the dead rat into the mailbox, the threat to crush someone's hands so that they would be crippled for life, the physical abuse of girlfriends while his mother and grandmother turn the other way......I have never for even a moment counted Ron out in Haleigh's death.

The back door is important for Ron because he is the one who made the absurd thing all up and propped the door and staged it to all look like his daughter got stole. Knowing that the cops are saying it wasn't a stranger who bump picked a lock and got in, that kind of makes the door look absurd, a dumb plan when you think about, and I think it was concocted by Ronald.

Me too!
I made this statement once before about buying 2 of everything when he says Misty was "always" asleep when he got home, and someone said he may have been buying them for the next day. If that were the case, why didn't he buy anything for Junior? (assuming Haleigh would be in school) Are they in the habit of eating in front of Jr. and not offering him anything? Ron's story is so full of holes, and I don't know why LE hasn't asked him any hard questions.
Why did he call 90 times, and then not go straight home? Why did he decide to work overtime, when he had no idea where his children and babysitter were? Why wasn't he out scouring the neighborhood for his daughter, while Misty called 911? Why did he hang up on 911 twice? Why wouldn't he let 911 ask him any questions, instead of him doing all the talking about where he was when his daughter went missing, and what he was going to do to the person that had her? Why did he warn Misty that DB was undercover and trying to get her to talk? Why doesn't he suspect Misty of anything, when she is the last person to see her alive, and her story makes no sense? Why did he prompt her on what to say, and where to look during their TV interviews? Why did he warn his mother their phone visit was being taped when she asked "do you think she will talk?" If LE asked some of these questions, you might see Ron trip himself up. OH, and while they are at it, they might want to ask TN which house she left from the night Haleigh went missing in order to get to the MH in "break neck" speed. (with that 8x10 of Haleigh, she just happened to pick up on the way out the door)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back