2010.04.30 Casey Anthony: Friday hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm stunned and awed at the response to JS's order recusing themselves.
Don't these jokers realize they may have to one day appear before JS again?
Wow.

What an idiot! JB just spelled out every insult JS gave them! In case anyone missed them the first time!!

Just read JB's response. Not being very familiar with court process, is this normal? Is there some reason (other than to be an azz) that he wrote this? Does this now have to generate a response from someone, or is it just part of the record?
I am confused.:waitasec:

I did not expect the COV to be mentioned, but it sounded to me like it is going to become a reality in the near future. Did this come as a surprise to anyone else?

No not for me at all. This judge has much respect for Judicial economy and expedition, getting things done! I assumed that there would be a COV and that jurors will brought into Orlando and sequestered. I am certain that it will happen this way in the end.

Judge Perry wants this train outta the station and rolling down the tracks, and pronto! :gavel:

Judge P is definately putting this case on the fast track. This should please everyone, because as we are all very aware of, this case has been taking forever. I'm looking forward to frequent relevant news from this case, much more often than it has been in the past.

I fully expect the new judge to ask Mr. Cheney if this argument was filed using the tax payers money. Then I fully expect him to be reprimanded in open court for it.

From your mouth to God's ear. Wouldn't that be awesome???:dance:

Rewatching this again on TruTv I see what cecybeans was telling me...Judge Perry seems to jiggle a lot in his chair. This is not an insult. I tend to shake my leg a lot out of nervousness/impatience...seems like to me that he is a very good Judge...but noticing the chair rocking...he will not put up with excuses nor verbose statements. He is a mover/shaker type...which I think will put a fire poker in the defense's high-knee-bos.

Just read JB's response. Not being very familiar with court process, is this normal? Is there some reason (other than to be an azz) that he wrote this? Does this now have to generate a response from someone, or is it just part of the record?

No this isn't normal at all! Yes I do believe that it becomes a part of the permanent record. IMO it makes the defense look childish and like dinglehoofers!

In the last hearing Mr. Mason not only got Mrs. Kenney-Baden, his co counsel's name wrong at that hearing, he pronounced Andrea's name Lyons WITH AN S, right after she just said it slowly and spelled it for the court reporter. If your own team makes the mistake...why for the love of God would it matter if others do?!!! I bet Andrea and Mr. Mason got after him about that parting shot. It was uncalled for and makes him look like a schoolboy.

You just can't make this stuff up!!

No this isn't normal at all! Yes I do believe that it becomes a part of the permanent record. IMO it makes the defense look childish and like dinglehoofers!

TruTv stated it was "unusual". I think so too.

Thanks tlcox! OMG, I just can't believe this...not only does JB appear to have serious cojones, but Mason too -- he signed it too! As someone who works with attorneys, have you ever seen something like this response to a motion?

I can say NO to that one. I don't get it. Granted I am in IL, but I really can't imagine this is a common move no matter what state you are practicing in.

I have to go back and read this motion more fully. But it is, on the surface, just so much "your order hurt my feelings and so now I am filing this motion so I can have the last word".

*shaking head*

Rewatching this again on TruTv I see what cecybeans was telling me...Judge Perry seems to jiggle a lot in his chair. This is not an insult. I tend to shake my leg a lot out of nervousness/impatience...seems like to me that he is a very good Judge...but noticing the chair rocking...he will not put up with excuses nor verbose statements. He is a mover/shaker type...which I think will put a fire poker in the defense's high-knee-bos.

ITA! I also noticed it. It shows me that he is a very energetic judge who is ready to get this trial moving on! He is ready and wants both the SA and defense to be ready & prepared as well. No tolerance for excuses IMO.

No, it's not normal and a response wasn't required or expected. Also, the thing was signed by CM, not JB! That surprised me.

Sorry, re-watching the hearing and need to point out again how scared Baez looked the whole time.

Nice that he gets his courage up when he is NOT in front of Judge Perry.

I wonder if the defence realizes what fools they made of themselves. I can not beleive that they filed a reply... with the states money at that. One that has no purpose except to get the last word. This was not a motion to reconsider it was not a motion to be heard, it was not a motion requesting a hearing it was simply to say I will not let you get the last word...

I disagree for a few reasons. I believe that Judge Perry may allow it for several reasons, he will also have the knowledge and testimony of the countless individuals, not including Casey's own words, GA,CA and LA who all remark on the odor of decomp in the vehicle. They do go hand in hand.

Also some one has to be the first to bring this technology forward. Technology is ever evolving and Judge Perry doesn't strike me as one whose afraid of such. Given that he has presided over many, many DP cases he has seen not only the initial introduction of DNA etc. and I'm sure plenty of other new forensic technology.

Lastly the defense will have the opportunity to attempt to show it as non-reliable before the jury.

I agree that the judge would not be afraid to bring in new technology, I just think he would be hesitant to allow groundbreaking technology into a high profile DP case. On the other hand, this case has been filled with numerous twists and turns, so I guess it would not be terribly surprising if the air sample was allowed in.

I'm stunned and awed at the response to JS's order recusing themselves.
Don't these jokers realize they may have to one day appear before JS again?
Wow.

Mason won't, he was about to retire before he decided become one of Casey's lawyer and will most likely retire after this trial
Baez though may have to face JS again one day unless he, JS, retires.

IIRC Judge Strickland was rotated to Civil Court last year but remained the judge for this criminal case.

Thanks tlcox! OMG, I just can't believe this...not only does JB appear to have serious cojones, but Mason too -- he signed it too! As someone who works with attorneys, have you ever seen something like this response to a motion?

I just finished talking to my DH at work and this ridiculous objection and list of "WAA...WAA.....my feewings are hurt" bull caca items is getting a lot of laughs over there among the attorneys!!!! They have NEVER seen a defense response like this and it positively reeks of Bart Simpson-esque denial of any stupidity on the defense's part. But hey Cheney and Jose---you asked for it---buck up little campers and put on the big boy underpants. We like the way Judge Perry rolls and that you've shot your own dang foot off.

JMO.....

I got to page 19, I am going to move forward and make a comment.

Today was a wakeup call for everyone. I like this Judge because he appears to be firm but fair. Jb's demeaner was respectful. Ldb's demeaner was respectful. The tit for tat is over, and yes that is the best thing for Kc and her fair trial. The way I feel right now, after seeing Your Honor in action, I feel the whole truth can now prevail. Thank you Your Honor.

Ps, I do not normally approve of any name calling, it is just not my style. However, the Jb, peewee herman comparison is hillarious. He really does look like he has the whole world in his hands. Lol

424 compounds, novel science, the request for a Frye hearing. No previous use of air samples in a courtroom. Just one more of the many interesting aspects of this case.

In my opinion, unless the SA is extremely convincing at the Frye hearing, I do not see the Judge allowing this new technology into a DP case. I also think, if this technology is not allowed, it will be very problematic for the prosecution in regards to the trunk evidence in general. Without the air sample, you are left with a trace of butyric acid in the carpet, and an Adipocere-like substance in the white trash bag, along with the hair showing signs of decomp. In regards to the smell in the trunk, it is unlikely those 3 pieces of evidence could have generated such a terrible odor. George and Cindy’s initial comments about the smell in the trunk will be the biggest obstacles the defense will have to overcome in regards to the smell in the trunk.

I am very impressed with Judge P. I liked him before I saw him in action based on his reputation. Now after seeing him in action, I really like him.

Adipocere (grave wax), hair showing decomp and the only female Anthony dead is Caylee is pretty dang strong evidence. The only thing better would have been finding Caylee in the trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PrancingJeeves