2010.04.30 Defense responds to JS order stepping down

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone think that JP should not have discussed the DP stage of the case in front of KC in court on Friday? I have not heard one objection. So who would think that JS comment based on a fact, "Ms. Anthony and the truth are strangers." would be worse. They are judges and get to say what is appropriate at the time. Ms. Anthony was in the reasoning stage of her bond hearing. What JS said was no different than if he said, "Ms Anthony you have lied to LE and have refused to disclose the location of your daughter." They're judges not camp counselors. JMO

Does anyone think that JP should not have discussed the DP stage of the case in front of KC in court on Friday? I have not heard one objection. So who would think that JS comment based on a fact, "Ms. Anthony and the truth are strangers." would be worse. They are judges and get to say what is appropriate at the time. Ms. Anthony was in the reasoning stage of her bond hearing. What JS said was no different than if he said, "Ms Anthony you have lied to LE and have refused to disclose the location of your daughter." They're judges not camp counselors. JMO

Hi LambChop,

I guess I don't really know why you are asking the bolded above. Can you explain please?

I bet they the laughing stock amongst their fellow defense attorneys. This was so pointless and immature. They did not even ask for anything in this. it was simply trying to get the last word.

Well done KC, you have managed to find a group of people more immature than you, well I can't say that, they didn't kill thier child

'they didnt kill there child'

the thought of any of them even reproducing is disgustng enough.

I saw someone, maybe sleutherontheside, saying there is a legal convention on during part of the time Baez says he is not available.

So picture this. Baez attends said conference to brush up on the finer points and hobnob with his compatriots.

And there he is at the happy hour cocktail party. And several legal beagles have had more than a couple. What do you think they would say to him?
:martini::martini::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: :floorlaugh::ashamed0005:

"They just look like fools to the entire legal community"

Make that "even BIGGER fools".

Also, Mr. Cheney Mason has apparently enjoyed a long reputation in the Orlando area as a respected attorney. His stated reason for joining the Anthony defense team was that he thought it would be fun or didn't want to miss the fun (paraphrasing).

I am wondering why anyone near to retiring with a fine reputation would have touched this mess with a 10 ft. pole! Jose Baez isn't going to step aside here. The client likes him. See who was the LEAD attorney for the defense at today's hearing? See who sat there cringing beside him, whispering behind his hand at Baez as he spoke?

I expect we may be seeing more and more sour looks on Mr. Cheney's face as time progresses.

that comment that this would be 'fun' was the single most disgusting thing i've ever heard come out of a so-called lawyers mouth. he is sickening and he makes baez look great in comparison.

yes casey likes baez.....she wants him to go on the rv trip with her and robin. :waitasec:

i might add the second most disgusting comment from a lawyer was from mason in court that day that 'i couldnt sit back and watch this happen to her' or some bs like that. yeah save poor innocent casey <puke>

BBM ~ I couldn't agree more.

Also the fact that JB pointed out on camera to Judge Perry as the last thing that was said at the hearing that JP had mispronounced Lyon as 'Lyons'. My jaw dropped as I thought to myself 'that JB is a bafoon'. wth? One could always pass a note to 'enlighten' your superior rather than try to embarrass him on national TV. Unbelievable! I could care less if JB wants to make an arse out of himself but am wondering about his motives for doing so. Maybe he is that stupid.:waitasec:

I saw JB and CM on TruTV but could barely listen (and I'm someone who is holding out for the trial and am fighting the urge to put the cart before the horse) but I can't respect the way the Defense team is conducting themselves. No wonder CA and JB butt heads.

How do Lawyers get kicked off or loose their place on Defense teams in a case? Is that possible before a case goes to trial?

BBM. I couldn't believe it either! The gall of him! I could just imagine correcting the way my boss pronounced a word in front in two people, let alone a national TV audience! Just goes to show the size of JB's ego. Unbelievable.

The defense reminds me of CA. They have to have the last word. It doesn't seem to make a difference to them that they're hurting their client even further, just like Cindy.

I don't care for Dr. Phil anymore, but I agree with something he says...

The defense and the Anthony's are what Dr. Phil calls "right-fighters." They have it in their mind that what they think is right, and the rest be damned! They have to show the world that they have been wronged...but it inevitably backfires on them. Oh well...que sera, sera! :)

I started my word document , thread building CLUES FROM THE DEFENSE, and I am building it as we speak. It may take me some time. thanks

Back to topic. I wish Judge Stan Strickland the best in the future. He is a very kind man and that goes a long way. IMO

........1st kc was giving "clues' in jail..

..now the defense is giving clues as well...

-----this is not an easter agg hunt....?!

Hi LambChop,

I guess I don't really know why you are asking the bolded above. Can you explain please?

Essentially if KC states she was upset with the "strangers" comment from the JS when it was based on a fact, how did she feel about JP discussing the DP when it directly affects her. Noticed her jaw clenching.

i might add the second most disgusting comment from a lawyer was from mason in court that day that 'i couldnt sit back and watch this happen to her' or some bs like that. yeah save poor innocent casey <puke>

Maybe he was talking about her lack of decent representation. Personally, I was glad to see someone step in and clean up her defense. Teach JB how to be a lawyer, etc.

He seemed to do that, with his small coughs to keep JB on track. JB was better.

I don't care for Dr. Phil anymore, but I agree with something he says...

The defense and the Anthony's are what Dr. Phil calls "right-fighters." They have it in their mind that what they think is right, and the rest be damned! They have to show the world that they have been wronged...but it inevitably backfires on them. Oh well...que sera, sera! :)

Oh my GOSH! That is a statement that describes some folks I've been thinking about.

BBM. I couldn't believe it either! The gall of him! I could just imagine correcting the way my boss pronounced a word in front in two people, let alone a national TV audience! Just goes to show the size of JB's ego. Unbelievable.

if you watch the tape....jb is the only one who got the "joke" --- he is the only one who laughed it up....the rest seemed to cringe...

I will say it again -- the thing at the end with kc & jb I think is the cov and bringing the people to orlando...not going to the white sand....remember in her notes that is what she was dreaming of.....

They never said they had proof Kc was innocent. Or at least not those words. It was more along the lines of we have substantial evidence that shows Caylee's body was placed in those woods while Kc was in Jail.

/QUOTE]

~snipped for content~

These are the words Todd Macaluso said in court at the hearing on August 21, 2009:

As Your Honor knows, the body of Caylee Marie Anthony was found very close to the Anthony home, and the body was found in a wooded area that if one were to search for a missing child, this is the first place you would go search. There is substantial evidence that we&#8217;ve discovered, and that&#8217;s been set forth in our brief, Your Honor, that the body or the remains of Caylee Anthony were placed there after Casey Anthony was locked up in the Orange County Correctional Facility. There is substantial evidence, and that proves, Your Honor, her innocence. That&#8217;s exculpatory evidence, it proves that somebody else placed the remains in the area where it was ultimately found.

Watch @2:42

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj2O5sZj_uU&feature=related[/ame]

I didn't see anything wrong when JS said, seems the truth and Miss Anthony are strangers, I really don't.

This was his reason for such a high bail. Not once credible piece of infomation from the mother of an allegedly missing child! How does that help in finding her..JMHO

The same at sentencing. A judge gives his reasons why he rules as he does.

The victim's mother, Phyllis Thomas, began crying quietly and patted her eyes with a tissue after Perry told Huggins, "You have not only forfeited your right to live among us as a free man, but under the laws of the state of Florida, you have forfeited your right to live at all."

"The horror, the agony, the emotional strain and fear she must have felt knowing of her impending death is beyond comprehension," Perry said

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2002-09-20/news/0209200385_1_john-huggins-larson-death-sentence

Originally Posted by notthatsmart
He admitted to talking to Marinade and what was in the motion. He said the Defense did their job. His admitting to talking to a biased blogger is him admitting to wrong doing.

I agree he has the right to respond in the way that he did, but he also has the right to suffer the consequences. He needs to let this go now. IMO

Yes, he did admit speaking with MD but the way the defense wrote up the motion is was as if he did it sneakily, IMO. There are no consequences for JS, IMO...he stepped down as you thought he wouldn't! He actually stepped down on his own since the motion was invalid with an expired notary stamp. :waitasec: He didn't wait for a correctly written one, he stepped aside...

If you watch the video of the hearing from this day, you will see he asks the bailiff to bring him over. The courtroom was not empty as the defense implied but it was emptying out, cameras were still rolling and it was all caught on tape.

JS was searching the internet as doing his homework for the COV motion, Baez sited the blogs, internet innuendo, media and such as to why Inmate Anthony couldn't get a fair trial in Orange County. I guess he viewed DM as fair and thanked him for keeping it civil. Lord knows how many others speak ill of Inmate Anthony and her family. :innocent: DM defends the grandparents since it wasn't them who caused Caylee's death, at least from what we know...Anyway, it was a sneaky tactic how the defense went about this, faxing it right before 5pm on a Friday, wanting more to "embarass" the court, which really means JS..the defense used him for the fraud sentencing, knowing how lenient JS is. Now they've got a more no nonsense judge who took control of his courtroom and the attorneys in it...JS never sentenced any defendant to death, yet JBPJr. has and has no problem doing so..I think it's a lot of who shot John but will bring justice to Caylee, for she is the only "true" victim....JMHO

IMO, the defense is the one who needs to let this go. CM did not have to respond as he did and I truly hope JBPJr. puts santions on them for doing so..It's improper any way you slice it, IMO...

Justice for Caylee

Not sure what purpose was served to have JS removed when he clearly had some sympathy to KC and treated her fairly. Allowed defense a wide berth. If you've read anything on MDave's site you would KNOW, for sure, that those titles were just to get your attention so you would read his blog. They were slanted in a positive way further towards the defense than they were to the state. If you have read them you can't deny this fact. So, what HAS defense accomplished by their temper tantrum.....they've had a judge removed who might have overruled the DP for KC should she be found guilty and they managed to alienate a blogger who was one of the few who was fair to KC in reporting the facts and in his speculation of what happened. Now you have a "no-nonsense" judge who will not be impressed by the fact that someone has to hold Ms. Anthony down when JA explains how Caylee died during the trial.

Was CM thinking of KC's welfare when he filed that motion or was there something personal in removing the judge? I would sure like to know what their history is. If it is negative could affect the appeal process? JMO

You know, I don't really care for CM's tactics either but I have noticed his chair is never very close to KC's and I've rarely seen him speak to her. His mouth may say one thing publicly, but his body language to me says he doesn't like her, doesn't deal in the BS that comes out of her mouth, and that even he thinks she's guilty. I swear that is the body language impression I get when I see him near her.

moo

One word: Pathetic.

This is a pissing match gone bad. JS order was eloquent and filled with wonderful zingers. This "statement" just reads like major whining to me. And I bet they're glad Judge Perry didn't see this before the hearing.

Hey Defense-:other_beatingA_Dead. They should have just let well enough alone. They just look like fools to the entire legal community.
Thank you - I totally agree... To the defense: Ya'll need to focus people... on getting in gear for the trial and stop filing these ridiculous motions. The deal with Strickland is over. He stepped down. Stop the games and focus.

Unbelievable!

........1st kc was giving "clues' in jail..

..now the defense is giving clues as well...

-----this is not an easter agg hunt....?!

Laurie, "This is not an Easter egg hunt!" was the funniest thing I have ever read. In order to give a clue..one has to have a clue!!!!!:woohoo:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moonfire
Back