2010.05.11 - Casey Anthony Death Penalty Motions Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't read this thread (didn't want to bias myself), but I felt the motion was hogwash. I understand the need to try to get the DP off the table, but hey Casey, why don't you just plead life WOP instead of spending a gazillion dollars on all this nonsense.

I don't think those were real tears either. I was waiting for her to poke her eye out to get someting going there.

She made this mess, and now she has to deal with is.

Oh, can I say the professor who testified was ridic?

MOO

Mel

The Defense was making me laugh with all the names they were calling ICA's behaviors - I don't think the State has said any such thing, but thanks Andrea for telling me to think those names over and associate them with ICA.:waitasec:

In my respectful opinion, all they did was taint some poor jury pool. Now all I can think about is that blue dress and rubbing bubbies with that girl on the dance floor.

Way to go defense - you scored big today :(

MOO

Mel

but hey Casey, why don't you just plead life WOP instead of spending a gazillion dollars on all this nonsense.

snip and bbm

Good point, mgardner, but since when has Casey ever cared about how other people's money gets spent? lol

So now she relies on the press to make her assumptions? The same press that she shows such disdain for in their portrayal of women? You'd think that maybe she owed the "mother of all mothers" a little face time...get to know the gal first hand before she was set to testify. My feelings of late...this has nothing to do with Casey and everything to do with AL and her mission. What better stage to publicize herself and her cause? She was drawn to this case for the same reason the press finds it so "titillating".

Yup - bad move! She should have said she researched the entire defense case before coming to court today.

I beg your pardon?
Sorry?
Could you repeat that please?
Can you broaden your question?
I only read a few articles?

Geezzz...I wonder how much she was paid?

MOO

Mel

I agree with your statement. What I do think would be relevant is party pictures before Caylee went missing that show Caylee in them. This could be used to show neglect and bad parenting. For example I don't think it would be prudent if Caylee were at the "anything but clothes" party. I believe some of Casey's friends have testified that Caylee was sometimes at these parties. So for example purposes. If you had a picture of Caylee at a certain party on a certain date and had other pictures of that party showing illicit drug use and other deviant/criminal behavior. Then they would be relevant. Just pictures of Casey partying though I agree would not be relevant until the date Caylee is suspected of being missing/murdered. Then any pictures during or after that date are very relevant indeed.

I agree that the pre-photos should be used (some of them), particularly the ones where Caylee was there.

The one photo which stands in my mind as concerning is the one where they are in someone's garage (Lauren C. or Ricardo's maybe?) Anyway, there's a photo with Lauren and Casey and Caylee all wearing candy necklaces. Caylee looks both unamused and a bit "out of it" in that pic, IMHO.

For some reason Lauren C. keep nagging at me...for months...we haven't seen her interview and there must be one!

I will look for photo after work.

ETA: Here's a link to the post where the photo is.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3431373&postcount=862"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Casey's Photobucket[/ame]

AL: hearsay and prejudice in this case have overridden the fact that every witness in this case said Casey Anthony was a good mother

Not true. Rick and Shirley Plesea, the anthony neighbors especially said she was a horrible mother, her friends admitted that the casey they thought they knoew doesn't exist, etc. No one with any credibility said she was a good mom.

It seems to me that AL has the same capacity for opening mouth and inserting foot as Baez. She tells the Judge that people on blogs call her client a *advertiser censored*.
I don't know if Casey was actually a *advertiser censored*, but she certainly behaved in a sluttish way. If it's the truth what is her point?

http://sa18.state.fl.us/general/duties.htm

[FONT=Verbana,Arial,Helvetica]Duties and Responsibilities[/FONT]

[FONT=Verbana,Arial,Helvetica]The role of the State Attorney's Office is to protect the innocent, to prosecute crimes, and to promote the safety and well-being of the public, while seeking out justice. Article V, Florida Constitution, and Section 27, Florida Statutes, along with various other statutes, set out the authority of the State Attorney to accomplish these goals.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verbana,Arial,Helvetica]As the representative of the State of Florida in litigation in Circuit and County Courts in Brevard and Seminole Counties, this office is responsible for the screening and prosecution of criminal cases from criminal traffic charges up to first degree murder. We also pursue specific civil cases such as, but not limited to, involuntary commitment of sexual predators, bond validation proceedings, consumer issues, and environmental law. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verbana,Arial,Helvetica]Based upon legislation initially conceived and drafted by State Attorney Norm Wolfinger, the Florida Legislature passed a bill which became law on July 1, 1999, authorizing State Attorneys to allocate resources toward crime prevention under Florida Statute 960.001. This new law afforded State Attorney Wolfinger the opportunity to realize his long-term vision of working together with citizens, law enforcement, and other agencies and civic groups in identifying crime prevention and quality of life strategies. Crime prevention achieved through working in partnership with residents is a core focus of our office.[/FONT]

The first sentence says it all.

Seeking justice for an innocent two year old murder victim. That's about as pure as it gets.

There is much more to the concept of justice and that first sentence in its totality than that which you have summarized. That is why I have been searching for the SAs Policy Manual, which lays out much more directly those concepts you have listed. Thank you for that information though :)

snip and bbm

Good point, mgardner, but since when has Casey ever cared about how other people's money gets spent? lol

True, and Casey is only bleeding the State out of pure spite.

Remember her own infamous proclamation, "Because I'm a spiteful b!tch!"

Since she didn't care for her own baby girl, Caylee, it's understandable she also doesn't care for the poor victims she's creating within the State of Florida who have to further shoulder her self-made financial burden.

I thought the post was obvious in the fact that I am not a lawyer, but would be willing to verify myself for anything paralegal related, but highly doubt that is sufficient or you would be verified already I assume lol :D

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, even tho they differ greatly from mine. And I mean this with the utmost of respect, but....are you a paralegal for a defense attorney? Just wondered. :)

She testified under oath that she has no expertise or background, that's all I'm saying. She declared that her area of expertise is derived from reading articles, and she said she didn't have much knowledge of this particular case. She kept bringing up how a woman is dressed coming to play in the gender bias, the State has never asserted that Casey's code of dress was what determined their desire to seek the death penalty...so her "expert" testimony really was irrelevant.

She outlined her experience at the start of her testimony - and it was impressive. She just later testified hat her experance did not include child psycology. I did not write it all the experance she sited down but to quote from UNM site:
When Elizabeth Rapaport joined the UNM law faculty in 1995, she brought 17 years of experience teaching philosophy and public policy, with ethics as her specialty. After earning a Ph.D. in philosophy in 1971 at Case Western Reserve University, she spent the next 12 years teaching at Boston University, University of Southern California, Brown University, Bennington College and the University of Sydney.

After earning a J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1987, she returned to the classroom at Duke University, where she taught in the school of public policy.

Her own research combines theoretical and empirical components as she looks at the effects of the legal system on a real world. Areas she has focused on include the death penalty and executive clemency.

Site:
http://lawschool.unm.edu/faculty/rapaport/index.php

I find it too difficult to drum up any sympathy for Cindy after all that she has done. Maybe I could if every other day, she would sit on the state side of the courtroom, and show some tears for Caylee. Or even if just ONCE she sat on the state side. What kind of "loving" grandmother would give not one moment of caring about her own grandaughter who was so heinously murdered by KC?

Even dear Caylee's memorial was not one bit about Caylee. It's unfathomable to me. I feel nothing for Cindy or George.

Speaking of George - does anyone know where he was today. Of all days, this would seem an important one.

Just curious if anyone knows.

Hugz,

Mel

It seems to me that AL has the same capacity for opening mouth and inserting foot as Baez. She tells the Judge that people on blogs call her client a *advertiser censored*.
I don't know if Casey was actually a *advertiser censored*, but she certainly behaved in a sluttish way. If it's the truth what is her point?

Her point is that she hates that truth, just as she hates the truth that Casey murdered Caylee.

I have to laugh every time Baez or Lyon refers to their dislike of blogs or the 'net in general since Baez and Lyon both widely broadcast their "use of the Internet in their quest to fight cases."

Both Baez and Lyon just hate the fact that the 'net and Freedom of Speech is one thing they just can't control. :D

Not true. Rick and Shirley Plesea, the anthony neighbors especially said she was a horrible mother, her friends admitted that the casey they thought they knoew doesn't exist, etc. No one with any credibility said she was a good mom.

Not only that, but the one person who saw her with Caylee more than anyone else, (Cindy) called her an unfit mother and talked to her co workers about taking custody away. You do not do that on a whim.

There is much more to the concept of justice and that first sentence in its totality than that which you have summarized. That is why I have been searching for the SAs Policy Manual, which lays out much more directly those concepts you have listed. Thank you for that information though :)

I think part the point of that sentence was that the SA bases their pursuits on different factors than who pays them, as do defense attorneys. If a prosecutor knows a person is innocent, they are not supposed to prosecute, unlike a defense attorney who must provide a defense whether or not someone is guilty.

You are certainly entitled to your opinions, even tho they differ greatly from mine. And I mean this with the utmost of respect, but....are you a paralegal for a defense attorney? Just wondered. :)

I do not have a preference to be honest and I have worked for both the prosecution and defense and also independantly for clients. Neither side is as cut and dry as most think either. To judge their ethics based on which side of court they are sitting is, in my opinion, quite foolish. Each have their positives and their negatives. A good attorney is a good attorney, and MOST have actually done BOTH jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleBiddle