2010.05.11 - "The irony is rich!"

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the Masters documentary, the E's were still overseas at their "Crime Farm" in the Netherlands.

I believe, when JB tried to get the E's approved to do the testing last year, it wasn't allowed because they were out of the US.

I don't know when they tested the Ramseys.

Was it the E Team that conducted the tests? That is what is confusing the matter for me....

Wait..just found something..
http://www.uis.edu/InnocenceProject/events/touchdna/reikelenboom.html

Jon Benet Ramsey Case

Since the Masters case, Colorado law enforcement authorities consulted with the Eikelenbooms and decided to use Touch DNA in the unsolved case of Jon Benet Ramsey.
-----------

The E's were consulted...no mention that they conducted the tests at Bode Technology Group in the US though...

I found this which sounds like they did do some testing, but don't know where.

Since the Masters case, Colorado law enforcement authorities consulted with the Eikelenbooms and decided to use Touch DNA in the unsolved case of Jon Benet Ramsey. Boulder police had wrongly suspected Jon Benet's parents of her murder ten years ago. The Eikelenbooms identified full DNA profiles from the areas of her clothing where the crime perpetrator gradded hold of her. The DNA profiles eliminated the Ramseys as suspects. The test results may someday lead to the identification of her real killer.

I found this which sounds like they did do some testing, but don't know where.

Since the Masters case, Colorado law enforcement authorities consulted with the Eikelenbooms and decided to use Touch DNA in the unsolved case of Jon Benet Ramsey. Boulder police had wrongly suspected Jon Benet's parents of her murder ten years ago. The Eikelenbooms identified full DNA profiles from the areas of her clothing where the crime perpetrator gradded hold of her. The DNA profiles eliminated the Ramseys as suspects. The test results may someday lead to the identification of her real killer.

Yes, I read the BB part as well...and it would lead one to believe that they conducted tests themselves right? I thought so..but I have no come across their names during my search...

JonBenets leggings were sent to the Bode Lab for TouchDNA testing and Bode Lab recovered DNA..Angela Williamson was the Supervising Scientist on that.[

Originally Posted by sumbunny
Cats out of the bag Jose. Your expert witnesses now know you'll be stalking them at their convention! FOILED again!

Does anyone think he'll still show up at the conference, head hunting for new free expert witnesses, that will write what he wants to hear?

I do!

AND

:twocents: Now I :innocent: add: The irony is BAEZ is trolling for FREE DRINKS like a "shot girl"!!! :waitasec: OH WAIT......I meant FREE OPINIONS! Here's the reception I predict for him: :doorhide:at the conference~:rocker:

PS: Working on "worming my way to the Baez adventure", fingers crossed...tight budget, tighter staffing but will "pro bono" if Boss okays time off!
If you went it would be hysterical if you could Twitter about it. How ironic!

Info from the official website & mailings:

AAFS 63rd Annual Scientific Meeting

Relevant, Reliable and Valid Forensic Science: Eleven Sections—One Academy

February 21-26, 2011
Hyatt Regency Hotel
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL, USA, 60601

:twocents: It really is a shame that Jose can't read the TITLE of the program, seems all he read was "YIPPIE, everybody together", let's :party:
Well, if that's the Hyatt with the immense bar...and I mean BIG...he'll be spending a lot of time trolling... or was that trawling. Fish often come to mind when I think of Baez.

I thought Eikelenboom had already submitted his report.

"c. Richard Eikelenboom's report has been furnished to the prosecution."

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26611795/detail.html

Now, I'm probably being dense, and I apologise in advance if I am but... how can Eikelenboom have submitted a report on touch DNA (which is supposedly his speciality) when the lab hasn't finished and JP has had to extend their dealine for a month?

Now, I'm probably being dense, and I apologise in advance if I am but... how can Eikelenboom have submitted a report on touch DNA (which is supposedly his speciality) when the lab hasn't finished and JP has had to extend their dealine for a month?

Exactly.

I guess that slid right by me.
I thought that back in September 2010 HHBP said JB couldn't use the E's because they were out of the country. He didn't want to use anyone in FL so he had to settle on a lab here in the USA.

I don't think the eikenblloms are allowed to go near the touch DNA. They were not part of a certified domestic lab. But I thought they did in some way particiate in the defense's day of looking at the evidence a few months back? I'm not sure what their area of expertise would be in the regard to such a gross overview of eyeballing the evidence?

I thought that JB was in a mild panic and was trying to force the issue or change the prior order. Because according to the order to compel the discovery, the experts will only be allowed to testify to what they stated either in provided discovery documentation (reports etc) or anything that they stated at deposition.

JB's fear is that he just handed the SA a major weapon. With no reports submitted they may electively choose to not depose his expert witnesses. At which point the only thing that they would be allowed to talk about, due to the judges order, would be their resume's and CV.

This is JB's massive screw up. But what he was trying to do was make it seem like the state was planning to use this sneaky underhanded and unethical tactic to essentially block his experts from testifying. Which would be sooo unfair to his poor clients rights to a fair trial yadda yadda yadda. The SA was put out because this was yet another highly offensive accusation for the defense to lob at them when they have been nothing but professional throughout. It is in fact the defenses lack of professionalism that has led to the point where their experts may not be allowed to offer anything at trial, but JB was trying to lay the blame for it on JA and LDB. They were not upset or worried. The SA was pissed. Which seemed to be pretty much their default state throughout that hearing.

Thanks, faefrost!

OK, so I have a question.... maybe I'm being slow again.

If the the defense does not submit their expert witnesses reports, why would the State want to depose them and put their opinions on record? That is assuming, of course, their opinions differ from the State's experts.

If they don't have their opinions either in their submitted reports or depositions, the experts cannot testify to them. Right? So why would the State want to do the defense's job for them?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Kinda sorta OT (but not really, lol)... What about the air tests they do when a truck turns over that was carrying poisonous/noxious gas, or there's an explosion at a chemical plant, etc. They conduct air tests, IIRC, to determine if an evacuation of nearby neighborhoods are necessary. Isn't this a proven & accepted form of an air test; in other words - NOT "junk science"???

Is the car trunk testing in this case in any way similar to those tests?

Thanks, faefrost!

OK, so I have a question.... maybe I'm being slow again.

If the the defense does not submit their expert witnesses reports, why would the State want to depose them and put their opinions on record? That is assuming, of course, their opinions differ from the State's experts.

If they don't have their opinions either in their submitted reports or depositions, the experts cannot testify to them. Right? So why would the State want to do the defense's job for them?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

You have it exactly. This was obvious from the moment that the judge laid down that order. What JB was trying to do there was drum up some sort of pity or fairness issue before the court, while at the same time trying to shame the prosecution into not doing the obvious thing and just walking away from his witnesses. He is trying to turn it around and make it seem like that would be an underhanded and unethical move for the prosecution to make. It's actually really smarmy. Even for JB's low standards.

Kinda sorta OT (but not really, lol)... What about the air tests they do when a truck turns over that was carrying poisonous/noxious gas, or there's an explosion at a chemical plant, etc. They conduct air tests, IIRC, to determine if an evacuation of nearby neighborhoods are necessary. Isn't this a proven & accepted form of an air test; in other words - NOT "junk science"???

Is the car trunk testing in this case in any way similar to those tests?

Yes I believe so. They also use them in operating rooms to ensure that anaesthetic gases aren't escaping. I think JB's issue is that the although this technology is used to detect chlorophorm etc it hasn't been proven in a court of law as an acceptable forensic test. Death is different and all that uniqueness lol!b:)

I thought that many of you would love the irony in this video clip that I found posted by Nanna Francis on one of the blogs. (Thanks Nanna Francis)

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/fondo-videos.html

I wonder if JB had just finished filming it prior to the hearing last Friday, which brought on the "We do it right" comment.

:floorlaugh:

Someone could have a lot of fun mashing this one up!

I thought that many of you would love the irony in this video clip that I found posted by Nanna Francis on one of the blogs. (Thanks Nanna Francis)

I wonder if JB had just finished filming it prior to the hearing last Friday, which brought on the "We do it right" comment.

Has anyone noticed that under About Us - the only link that does not work is the one for JB? You remember his bio, don't you - the one with all the 'mistruths' in it? Guess he has yet to get around to cleaning it up :loser:

Three law books on the shelf (couldn't afford the complete encyclopedia set?), two bottles of Patron Tequila and a bottle of wine. What kind of "Law Library" is that?

Every time I see the bookshelves behing Baez' desk (and this includes an earlier interview he did), I always zero in on the fact that he must have had an interior designer arrange it. It's short on lawbooks, long on bric-a-brac, booze decanters. Any other such video (in an attorney's office) I have seen shows shelves packed with law books.

Compare it to Richard Hornsby's bookshelves. http://www.wesh.com/video/26682575/detail.htmlvideo, What struck me most was the fact that the shelves were lined with what appeared to be well-worn law books, many covered in plastic (as though the covers were coming loose).

I get a kick out of his "fancy" vest coat hanger behind him in one of the shots. I think he spends a lot of money on his wardrobe!

I haven't read this entire thread but most of it, so excuse this post if this has already been said.

But I find i VERY ironic that in one interview with LE, KC's friend (I believe it was Amy) stated that KC would not have to be asked about the whereabouts of Caylee. She would offer details often of where she was at with the nanny. And even offered up that she was sad that she was not seeing much of Caylee but she was better off having fun going to disney and the beach and not dealing with all the drama (made up drama, of course) of the family.

Then later on in the jail letters to Cookie she states:
“I’ve had to forgive what happened to my Caylee, but I’m still angry. “She’s safe. She’s in God’s loving arms. In a lot of ways, I’m content by the fact that she will never have to have her heart broken or see the constant negativity that our society breeds, nor will she ever be abused or taken advantage of. The clock is ticking and the end of days is near. I can feel it.”
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/25/casey-anthonys-prison-letters-released/

I believe she felt that Caylee was better off dead from the time she killed her and probably before. This made it OK in her mind to go off and live. She was lying to Amy about Caylee being off to the parks and the beach but there was some inkling of truth to it even then. She knew she was dead and she believed she was better off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back