2010.05.13 -Ronald & Hank Jr. Hearing: Ron negotiating for 15yr sentence, Trial 7/19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou everyone who found out the truth...........very bad reporting!
Everyone wants the glory of being FIRST wether than right or wrong!
We want the TRUTH ONLY................reporters that read here!!!

I have not read the whole thread, so this question may have been asked and answered...but, why would the state even consider giving Ron a deal ? They have the others on tape doing the drug deals, so what do they need his testimony for ?
good question, & they have the under cover guy...what do they need Ron for? especially in Tommy's case. He has way fewer charges than Ron. Is this Ron's way of admitting that he has been withholding information in the Haleigh case? What could he have to offer now that he didn't have a year ago? It must be something big, because he was looking at decades in prison. If this is true, I personally want to see Ron charged with hindering an investigation, among other things...child endangerment, statutory rape... So, does this deal make Ronald, the key, afterall?

This whole 'possible' plea deal is driving me nuts. Is there anybody left he can snitch on, considering all his prior snitching? He doesn't have the inside track on some huge cartel, although I do like to see any drug dealer off the street - ya'll know where I'm coming from.

Perhaps this is a case that the lawyer has made waves that they would accept a plea and are not being quiet about it within the courts - and someone in the courts has told somebody else who told somebody else...

HLN just had a brief segment on TV indicating:

Ron Cummings CONSIDERS a plea deal
MAY testify against ex-wife in drug deal.

Does anyone else think it just coincidence that there were two other individuals arrested in the past month for the exact same Oxi, Roxi, dwelling and trafficking. One was WBG who we know and another was an unfamiliar name. My point is, don't you think they, RC or others, are making deals for these arrests?

IMO This is a small town or small towns and these drug dealer (mid level) know each other or deal with each other at some level and probably did as of recent.

It is hard for me to believe that LE was "officially" working with RC up front to get MC or ToC to come clean. That just does not make sense as to what has played out. I do believe that RC has always rolled on individuals to get out of his own trouble hence the weapons for protection - he needed it.

This is all in my opinion ....

Curious G

Does anyone else think it just coincidence that there were two other individuals arrested in the past month for the exact same Oxi, Roxi, dwelling and trafficking. One was WBG who we know and another was an unfamiliar name. My point is, don't you think they, RC or others, are making deals for these arrests?

IMO This is a small town or small towns and these drug dealer (mid level) know each other or deal with each other at some level and probably did as of recent.

It is hard for me to believe that LE was "officially" working with RC up front to get MC or ToC to come clean. That just does not make sense as to what has played out. I do believe that RC has always rolled on individuals to get out of his own trouble hence the weapons for protection - he needed it.

Curious G

Hello Viedow! Welcome to Websleuths!

Are you saying that you are wondering if the busts came as a result of RC working on negotiating a plea?

Curious G

I don't think that is it. Police want an informant to go in and do buys wearing a wire or have a video cam set up and Ron is not in the position to do that.

The police get hundreds of names of people dealing drugs and that does them no good. They need someone to get them in with the drug dealers like they did with Ron and the Crew. Ron can not get them in when he is in jail.

I guess my point was--he will testify against them, but he won't have any trial because he takes the plea bargain. Therefore, no one will testify against him period.

Woa. I've been wondering about this all day.

I haven't read the posts on this thread yet (7 pages) ....

So Misty and Tommy lost their chance to cop a plea deal ?

TIA

Curious G

Welcome. And yes I do believe Ron is giving up more than Misty Cummings to get this plea. I don't see how they need him in the case of Misty Cummings. I do believe he is talking about more than Misty and Tommy for his 15 year deal.

I call BS on the plea deal.. I think the lawyer wants a plea deal and has made the comment to LE that they will take 15 yrs and testify if offered. I'm holding out hope that LE is not going to let them plea.

I call BS on the plea deal.. I think the lawyer wants a plea deal and has made the comment to LE that they will take 15 yrs and testify if offered. I'm holding out hope that LE is not going to let them plea.

I agree. This is nonsense and I don't think any deal on the drug charges will be given until charges are filed or someone fully confesses in the Haleigh case. I think this is what Shoemaker meant when he said this:

Shoemaker said the disappaearance of Haleigh, while not related to the trafficking case, made resolving the drug case more difficult.

"It's made it harder for all of us to have negotiations," he said.

http://staugustine.com/node/12265/print

I've got the feeling that Ron's plea deal will lead to his testifying that he'd purchased drugs from Misty and Tommy in the past. More importantly, I'm thinking he is going to testify to their dealing out of his home the night Haleigh disappeared. This is the way details of that night are going to be hung 'round their necks at this drug trial.

Is it the truth? I don't know, but Fields would have to call some pretty fishy/flaky witnesses to testify for her defense. No credibility. I'll be flabbergasted if he's able to defend her at all. jmo

What is Shoemaker up to? Why has he gone on this media blitz about a possible plea deal in the works? He seems like a pretty competent attorney to me, so there has to be a reason. I think it's a preemptive strike.

If Tommy and Misty were to implicate Ron in Haleigh's death, might Shoemaker say they were only doing it because Ron has agreed to testify against them?

Yeah, that might work Shoemaker. I see no other reason for Shoemaker to actually WARN Tommy and Misty. But then again, is it a warning or a threat? One really has to wonder.

What is Shoey up to? Why has he gone on this media blitz about a possible plea deal in the works? He seems like a pretty competent attorney to me, so there has to be a reason. I think it's a preemptive strike.

If Tommy and Misty were to implicate Ron in Haleigh's death, might Shoey say they were only doing it because Ron has agreed to testify against them?

Yeah, that might work Shoey. I see no other reason for Shoey to actually WARN Tommy and Misty. But then again, is it a warning or a threat? One really has to wonder.

preemptive reasonable doubt? Say that whatever Tommy or Misty might be saying now is only in retaliation to the possibility that Ronald Cummings might testify against them?

Yeah, my question is why wouldn't Ronald Cummings have gone to LE with any information he has worth testifying to, BEFORE he himself was arrested? Colossal FAIL.

What is Shoey up to? Why has he gone on this media blitz about a possible plea deal in the works? He seems like a pretty competent attorney to me, so there has to be a reason. I think it's a preemptive strike.

If Tommy and Misty were to implicate Ron in Haleigh's death, might Shoey say they were only doing it because Ron has agreed to testify against them?

Yeah, that might work Shoey. I see no other reason for Shoey to actually WARN Tommy and Misty. But then again, is it a warning or a threat? One really has to wonder.

I agree SoSueMe. Like it or not, at this stage, it's all about strategy - as difficult as that is for those of us who are more inclined to think with our hearts, especially when a child is involved. So in essense Shoey could possibly be reiterating his client's (two-fold) message; "You rat and I'll tell them x, y, and z about you...", and "See, I'm "in" with LE because they're offering me the deal, not you." This is where/when (IMO) it is time for the SA to make a public statement, either confirming or denying Shoey's claims - otherwise I'm inclined to believe that Shoey is using the media to, as I stated before, reiterate his client's (possible) prior threats. Thank you for your brilliant intuitiveness SoSueMe! (by any chance R U an attorney...lol)
MOO~

I agree SoSueMe. Like it or not, at this stage, it's all about strategy - as difficult as that is for those of us who are more inclined to think with our hearts, especially when a child is involved. So in essense Shoey could possibly be reiterating his client's (two-fold) message; "You rat and I'll tell them x, y, and z about you...", and "See, I'm "in" with LE because they're offering me the deal, not you." This is where/when (IMO) it is time for the SA to make a public statement, either confirming or denying Shoey's claims - otherwise I'm inclined to believe that Shoey is using the media to, as I stated before, reiterate his client's (possible) prior threats. Thank you for your brilliant intuitiveness SoSueMe! (by any chance R U an attorney...lol)
MOO~

No, not me. LOL Close and great access, but no cigar.

When did Shoemaker start the media blitz? Wasn't it AFTER word came out that Tommy and Misty might be talking? Now if they are talking, why would Ronald want to pizz them off? Doesn't make sense to me. :waitasec:

No, not me. LOL Close and great access, but no cigar.

When did Shoey start the media blitz? Wasn't it AFTER word came out that Tommy and Misty might be talking? Now if they are talking, why would Ronald want to plss them off? Doesn't make sense to me. :waitasec:

I can't be exactly sure but it seems to me that Shoey picked up, not where, but when Gma Hollars left off (so to say). JMO~

He seems like a pretty confident attorney to me. I doubt that he'd wage a preemptive strike unless he was sure that it wouldn't come back and bite him in the butt. It's too risky.

Shoey could yell foul all he wants, but it wouldn't matter a bit if M and T had the goods on Ron.

Shoey's a good PR man, and some will say he's grandstanding to make his client appear innocent. Well, appearances won't save Ron's life if T and M call his bluff. It's a mighty big gamble if there's a possibility your client could be implicated in a murder. Better to let Ron do his time for the drug charges than to pizz off the people who could put him away for life or worse.
In other words, his actions imply that M and T have nothing on Ron in regard to Haleigh's death. IF there is a message to T and M and their attorneys, it says: Don't even bother 'cause it ain't gonna fly.

My comments are in blue.

IMO RC is no stranger to making deals and rolling on drug dealers to save himself. I believe he is a mid level drug dealer and has been for a very long time. Many of the woman in his life were mere mules IMO and the entire Croslin family entered his life and they were pathetic to him as users and abusers but he saw opportunity. Very Sad (IMO)

My point here is LE may have gotten themselves in a bind here because as I respect their unbelievable ability to keep every aspect of this case quiet and than the brilliant drug arrest to get them behind bars seperated, possibly off the drugs.. which would seem to surely make one of the weak come clean. I am starting to think that this could totally backfire.

I don't have answers and I do not have any idea of what happened that night but I do have life experience and I see a lot of drugs so I really have always believed this to be drug related in some way.

What if it was HaLeigh swallowing an Oxi and she had a seisure on the blanket. RC told Misty to contact her brother and handle it plus call 911 to report her missing. Hence the possible early 911 call.

Now RC is seeing an opportunity to accuse Misty of Drug Dealing out of the house. He could get witnesses as Misty was his mule IMO... Therefore when the truth comes out from ToC or MC - He can come right back and say I had no idea and who's Oxi was it? I mean the only problem with that is I am sure their are drug dealers that know RC was a drug dealer too but it might be hard to get one to come out and testify to that unless they are in jail -- uhmmmm..

Hey this could be all crazy talk but make no mistake RC is the leader of this gang! IMO He suplied and commanded and they did what he said and got their prizes at the end of their duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck