2010.06.08 Misty quiet at FELONY PRETRIAL HEARING: Trials set for same day Aug 23.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, the change in her physical appearance is really quite remarkable. I wonder how she has access to tweezers in her jail cell. She appears to have yanked out half of each eyebrow...

I noticed that.. Looks like she is dealing with some OCD issues right now.. I believe it is referred to as Trichotillomania..JMO

Wow, the change in her physical appearance is really quite remarkable. I wonder how she has access to tweezers in her jail cell. She appears to have yanked out half of each eyebrow...

Misty is under so much stress that she is probably pulling the hairs out with her fingers - no tweezers needed. Doubt that she'd have access to them, anyway, as she could use them to off herself by slitting her wrists. jmo

Let's move back to being more constructive. Concerns about her appearance are okay but there is a line about to be crossed that leads to bashing. Just a reminder. :alien:

I don't like to see Misty without spunk. I prefer the hopeful, squirming, scheming version - the Misty that looks like someday she might decide to "give it up" - tell us Haleigh's true story - so she can get on with some semblence of a life. (not huge sympathy for her plight - just interested in motivating her towards the truth)

In this court appearance, she looks dejected, docile, disinterested, depressed and hopeless. She looks like she is not interested in life.

I hope Mr. Fields is paying attention to his client's health issues.

I wonder if Hank knows the cause of her weight gain and we might find out in later tapes. Although Lisa seemed very surprised - as if Hank hadn't told her about the weight gain or something.

And a final thought/question: Does anyone know why Casey is allowed to wear make-up and street clothing to her hearings and Misty is, at this time, not getting this "advantage"?

Thank you twall for the video. Those leg irons look very dangerous. I can see how someone could easily fall.

The look on Misty's face is not going to help her at all. She looks angry and cocky; judges don't like that. Also, they should give her something for her skin, it is all broken out, and must be terribly uncomfortable. Who is the heavy set woman in back and off to the right of Misty that seems to be smirking?

She looks unhealthy IMO. If I didn't have the media report together with the image, I wouldn't have recognized her as Misty. She's aged a decade in a few months. If she hasn't started talking, she will soon I predict.
Edited to add Sorry Kimster- saw your post after quoting one from the first page. Her appearance is rather startling and worrisome to me as a passive viewer. She's a teenager and has only been in jail for 4+ months.
Anti-depressants might have contributed to the weight gain but wouldn't explain her grey pallor. If she were my daughter, I'd be terrified for her right now.

...And a final thought/question: Does anyone know why Casey is allowed to wear make-up and street clothing to her hearings and Misty is, at this time, not getting this "advantage"?

I wonder if it is because Casey's family brought in clothing for her to wear, and Misty has no one doing that for her. It's possible it is something Misty's parents just would not think to do, sadly.

But now that you mention it, all of these players have always appeared in court in their jail uniforms.

I don't like to see Misty without spunk. I prefer the hopeful, squirming, scheming version - the Misty that looks like someday she might decide to "give it up" - tell us Haleigh's true story - so she can get on with some semblence of a life. (not huge sympathy for her plight - just interested in motivating her towards the truth)

In this court appearance, she looks dejected, docile, disinterested, depressed and hopeless. She looks like she is not interested in life.

I wonder if Hank knows the cause of her weight gain and we might find out in later tapes. Although Lisa seemed very surprised - as if Hank hadn't told her about the weight gain or something.

And a final thought/question: Does anyone know why Casey is allowed to wear make-up and street clothing to her hearings and Misty is, at this time, not getting this "advantage"?
Those were my exact thoughts when I looked at the video, Emma. I miss the feisty, defiant Misty. The crying and whining were as annoying as hell, but they gave me confidence that there was a live, kicking human being in there whose drive to live and be free was so strong that she might eventually cry "uncle". The Misty we now see with her cold, apathetic gaze is a shell. Resigned. Her spirit's been snuffed by the meds, like a pharmaceutical lobotomy.

As for the difference in garb, the rules regarding what inmates are allowed to wear to court when a jury is not present differ from county to county in Florida. St. Johns inmates are allowed to wear civilian clothes only when a jury is present.

No property will be accepted, except clothing to be worn at jury trials. Court clothes will be accepted by the booking staff. Clothing can be dropped off anytime before the trial. The family members or friends have five (5) days after the end of the trial to pick up court clothes between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
http://www.sjso.org/divisions/media/InmateHandbook.pdf

The rules are more relaxed in Orange County. They don't specify "jury trial". Court clothes can be mailed to the inmate, and the county will clean them for you, too.

Property/Clothing:
Property will not be accepted by mail. Court clothing may be received by mail if authorized. All requests for clothing must be made by the inmate’s family to the Mail Services Section Supervisor.
If you need your clothes from your property, to wear to court, you must submit a written request to the BRC Inmate Fiscal Operations Section Supervisor. If the clothes need to be cleaned (washed), you must submit a written request to the BRC Inmate Fiscal Operations Section (IFOS) seven (7) days prior to your court date. BRC IFOS will arrange to have the clothes cleaned (washed).
http://www.orangecountyfl.net/Porta...orrections/docs/InmateHandbookEnglish0609.pdf

I am wondering about the long sleeve shirt under her uniform. She is wearing her jail issued grey outfit, a jail issued t-shirt and what appears to be a men's white dress shirt which is not a regular jail issued piece of attire.

I don't know a lot about the attire but that totally caught my eye. I can only think of a few reasons why this would happen. But, it could be different in this jail, but I've never seen it. Why would they have her wear the dress shirt, a t-shirt and the issued cloths. The dress shirt does not fit the picture.

Some may say b/c it is cold in the court room, but I've known inmates in jail who've never complained about a cold court room, that is a luxury.

I am wondering about the long sleeve shirt under her uniform. She is wearing her jail issued grey outfit, a jail issued t-shirt and what appears to be a men's white dress shirt which is not a regular jail issued piece of attire.

I don't know a lot about the attire but that totally caught my eye. I can only think of a few reasons why this would happen. But, it could be different in this jail, but I've never seen it. Why would they have her wear the dress shirt, a t-shirt and the issued cloths. The dress shirt does not fit the picture.

Some may say b/c it is cold in the court room, but I've known inmates in jail who've never complained about a cold court room, that is a luxury.
I just happen to have this information handy. :rolleyes:
partial list of allowed items:

Item Quantity
White Underwear 5
White Bras (no underwire) 5 (females only)
White Undershirts/T-Shirts 5
White Long Sleeve T-shirt 2
White Socks 5 pair
Shower slides (jail issued) 1 pr

CLOTHING: You are required to dress in Jail issued clothing while you are in the St. Johns County Detention Center. All inmates shall be dressed in complete jail issued uniform when the breakfast meal is served and remain dressed until you return to bed for the night (no sooner than 9:00 p.m.). Long underwear will be worn under the jail issued uniform. The sleeves of thermal underwear will be permitted to extend below the shirtsleeves and cover the arms.
http://www.sjso.org/divisions/media/InmateHandbook.pdf

Are you sure it's a dress shirt and not a long sleeved t-shirt?

I wonder if it is because Casey's family brought in clothing for her to wear, and Misty has no one doing that for her. It's possible it is something Misty's parents just would not think to do, sadly.

But now that you mention it, all of these players have always appeared in court in their jail uniforms.

Casey is special. Joso put in a motion that casey would be preconceived as "guilty" is she wore her jail clothes....IIRC. Judge Strickland let it go.

Casey is special. Joso put in a motion that casey would be preconceived as "guilty" is she wore her jail clothes....IIRC. Judge Strickland let it go.

Mark Geragos got the same deal for Scott Peterson. He always wore suits and a tie and was freshly groomed. I wonder what Laci was wearing when he dumped her in the bay? :woohoo:

Fwiw I do remember misty complaining to her mom Lisa how cold she was all the time. They discussed that she got the long sleeves in a video taped visit but this was really early on. She looks absolutely horrible, she should discontinue the meds. Any head med that changes a persons appearance so drastically is a dirty drug.

Thanks, Whisperer. I wanted to mention that, but wasn't sure if I remembered correctly. She gets to go the extra mile with the hair and make-up. Like I pointed out, Orange County seems to be more lax on this issue than some other counties in Florida, judging from the various inmate handbooks I read last night. Don't ask why. I get curious about a subject sometimes, and the more I read, the more I wanna know. :crazy:

Hopefully, at the time of her trial, her lawyer will arrange for proper clothing and some makeup.

[Snipped]

This worries me. It's like Misty is shutting down. I don't know if this might be in line with LE's objectives, but I have to wonder if it's a good sign for this case or not.

I felt more positive when she was talking to her friend that visited her in jail. Her friend seemed to bring out some fight in Misty. It wasn't the same status quo, which made me think she might have something different to say. Like, perhaps the truth?!?!

Fwiw I do remember misty complaining to her mom Lisa how cold she was all the time. They discussed that she got the long sleeves in a video taped visit but this was really early on. She looks absolutely horrible, she should discontinue the meds. Any head med that changes a persons appearance so drastically is a dirty drug.
I love the logic of weaning her from illegally obtained prescription drugs with more of them. Makes for a nice calm jail I guess.

I think that Misty spends a lot of her time sleeping. This would add to her lifeless appearance. She needs to be taken off whatever prescription drugs she is taking; they are not helping her, but destroying her. It must pain her family to see her in such dire physical straits. I wouldn't be surprised if she totally withdrew and is no longer reaching out to anyone.

At the time of the April dock search, Hardy made a statement that Misty was calm and for the first time realizing she was in trouble. She could have become calm with anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds. However, when her skin started breaking out, they took her off those meds (per her conversation with her dad). It's unknown if she was put on another medication or if she was taken off meds completely.

If Misty needs medication and is not getting it, that could explain her appearance and her demeanor in court. She looks disinterested, like she has given up, but that's just what I see in the photos of her in court. It is difficult to say what's going on just from a photo. Clearly, her physical appearance is not good and it is not unreasonable to assume her mental status would also not be good. Either she needs medication and is not getting it, or she is on something now that is not good for her and needs at least a dosage change. Psych meds are not "one size fits all." A person may have to try many different meds at different doses to get it right. That process can take weeks at least for each drug tried, and possibly that is what they are in the process of doing for Misty now.

Misty goes back to court in July; it will be interesting to see if her appearance and demeanor have changed because we should see an improvement by then if she is being properly treated.

At the time of the April dock search, Hardy made a statement that Misty was calm and for the first time realizing she was in trouble. She could have become calm with anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds. However, when her skin started breaking out, they took her off those meds (per her conversation with her dad). It's unknown if she was put on another medication or if she was taken off meds completely.

If Misty needs medication and is not getting it, that could explain her appearance and her demeanor in court. She looks disinterested, like she has given up, but that's just what I see in the photos of her in court. It is difficult to say what's going on just from a photo. Clearly, her physical appearance is not good and it is not unreasonable to assume her mental status would also not be good. Either she needs medication and is not getting it, or she is on something now that is not good for her and needs at least a dosage change. Psych meds are not "one size fits all." A person may have to try many different meds at different doses to get it right. That process can take weeks at least for each drug tried, and possibly that is what they are in the process of doing for Misty now.

Misty goes back to court in July; it will be interesting to see if her appearance and demeanor have changed because we should see an improvement by then if she is being properly treated.

Misty looks to me like a person that does nothing all day but eat junk food and sleep. She does not have access to any kind of facial products e.g. toner, deep cleanser, and moisturizer. She appears to me that she needs exercise and something to challenge her mind and make her use it. Pep talks from family, etc would help her immensely. Also all that poison from the time of using drugs, etc. is coming out of her system. And that is a good thing.jmo

Misty looks to me like a person that does nothing all day but eat junk food and sleep. She does not have access to any kind of facial products e.g. toner, deep cleanser, and moisturizer. She appears to me that she needs exercise and something to challenge her mind and make her use it. Pep talks from family, etc would help her immensely. Also all that poison from the time of using drugs, etc. is coming out of her system. And that is a good thing.jmo

BBM

Wow, I had not thought of that! And I should have, because I once was treated for a severe kidney infection and when they got it under control my skin started to break out. The nurse said it was due to systemic toxins being released.

So, if this is in fact happening with Misty, her skin should have cleared by her July court date. And yes, she probably eats and sleeps a lot out of boredom now, so her weight gain may still be evident in July. I still think Misty could benefit from treatment for depression; I can't imagine the level of stress she must be under not seriously affecting her mental health-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousWhiskers