2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's not fighting the restraining order. It is possible (although I doubt probable) that TH does not have to fight the restraining order if the contents or facts against her are disproved. Meaning IF the landscaper theory is disproved then she never was a threat to her husband. IF some evidence to the contrary of her possible involvement with Kyrons disappearance comes forward. *all of this in due time of course

Im not putting my eggs in this basket, but opening up another possibility.

letter says she's not contesting anything in the RO.

very strange. im baffled at the strategy or lack of. almost like she's just waiting for the cops to come get her.

Why should the defense tip their hand or otherwise assist the prosecution?

RE: "On Saturday, sources told KGW that investigators believe someone other than Terri Moulton Horman may know what happened to the 7-year-old who disappeared from Skyline Elementary on June 4."

BBM

Yes, I agree.

"..someone other than..."

Interesting wording, imo, in that it does not say --someone in addition to--.

What is also interesting is how its kinda just thrown in the middle of the article, you could miss it, because than it goes on about the main topic. and its from a oh wait for it, a source..... just saying :waitasec:

If you put it that way, no reason at all, but I think there is a baby who misses her mother.

Maybe Terri is just doing the right thing by not contesting it. It sounds as if she has no legal leg to stand on so why would she even bother trying to fight it? She would be considered even more evil than she already is.

As for her not asking to see K, I guess I can see that is her wanting what is best for baby K at this time. Maybe TH is getting threats and feels that K is safer with her father. Maybe she's afraid she will get arrested and doesn't want to disrupt baby K's life any more than it is. Maybe the PPD stories are true and she wants to get help before she feels she can be a good mother to K.

If she fought the order or any part of the RO then many would call her selfish, evil, all about her. She didn't fight it and she's still called the same. I would want to keep baby K away from all of that too.

(BTW, as you can tell I'm not convinced it is her yet.)

She has a criminal attorney, so maybe this is the difference, but in family court you do not make a concession like this....you power on with your head held high, make your appearances and state your case about why this is complete and utter nonsense. Firmly. Because this is YOUR CHILD-your flesh and blood that is being kept from you. Your 19 month old.

She is bio mom-you have to really really screw up as bio mom to lose your child-but to not even give it a shot? The presumption of innocence is hers in court, if not in the court of public opinion. There are very, very few judges that would take a child of tender years away from the biomom who has raised her, and who has not brutally abused her or neglected her.

Nope, to concede the restraining order and the eviction....maybe she is checking herself into a hospital? I am really puzzled.

To see her child? If I were innocent I would fire my attorney if he didn't fight for me to see my child. Unless she is worried about something bigger. Truth is the best defense. If she didn't try to hire the landscaper to kill her husband then they wouldn't have any evidence so what would she care? Just trying to think why a woman who by all accounts loved her baby very much wouldn't fight to be in her life. I can't think of any good reason.

She has a criminal attorney, so maybe this is the difference, but in family court you do not make a concession like this....you power on with your head held high, make your appearances and state your case about why this is complete and utter nonsense. Firmly. Because this is YOUR CHILD-your flesh and blood that is being kept from you. Your 19 month old.

She is bio mom-you have to really really screw up as bio mom to lose your child-but to not even give it a shot? The presumption of innocence is hers in court, if not in the court of public opinion. There are very, very few judges that would take a child of tender years away from the biomom who has raised her, and who has not brutally abused her or neglected her.

Nope, to concede the restraining order and the eviction....maybe she is checking herself into a hospital? I am really puzzled.

Right, good stuff.
We know that she is a *fighter* of sorts, a competitor as we've seen with the online games, and the body-building thing.

IMHO

If you put it that way, no reason at all, but I think there is a baby who misses her mother.
I think there is a baby that misses her mommy too.I do not feel it is in the babies best interest to keep her away from her mommy.I just don't.She was the primary care taker of this child.I feel it's best this baby is with both parents.Even if it's supervised visitations with her mommy Terri.

I thought the letter said she was getting a DIFFERENT lawyer for the divorce.

XIN, I read the letter differently...I read that she would be seeking other counsel for the domestic divorce proceedings...

*IF* Terri is guilty, why hasn't she ran away to different country by now???

Lack of passport? No money?

Not that I follow all missing person's/children's cases; Joran is the only one I can think of who's traveled to other countries.

Also, Scott Peterson comes to mind, who when arrested, had a wad of cash, passport, had changed his hair color and so on, to leave. But that was quite awhile after Laci went missing. Things had 'died down' a bit by then. This case is pretty hot right now.

I thought the letter said she was getting a DIFFERENT lawyer for the divorce.

Right. Thanks. But for now the correspondence is coming from the crim attorney, so as a practical observation, he's the boss for now, and taking the lead for Rackner. Pretty smart, IMHO.

XIN, I read the letter differently...I read that she would be seeking other counsel for the domestic divorce proceedings...

Yes. One step behind you in connecting the dots. See post above and thanks!

I agree and I have said for a long time that I expect her next move to be either rehab or inpatient treatment.
I just don't understand why you have a defense attorney if you won't let him defend you.

So we are NOT allowed to point away from Terri? WS has a TH only policy? :waitasec:

No, I think my words are getting twisted a bit. I was just saying I don't know, because I truly don't know. There was a thread for discussing possibilities that TH was innocent, but it was closed and since then I've been confused about what we can and cannot discuss when it comes to non-TH theories. I'm in favor of discussing lots of possibilities, including theories that don't involve TH killing Kyron, but realize my theories and ideas are far from the majority.

I would be a bit paranoid moving back in... She'd know where I live. If I believed she attempted to hire a hitman for me earlier and as she might possibly be a bit angrier now after the public accusations I would have the bomb squad there just in case and get a good alarm system.
scared.gif

I wonder if he's been offered any form of police protection ie Terri is being followed/staked out.

Was the court date on the 22nd just for the moving out of the house issue? If so, where does her lawyer say she won't be contesting the RO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member