2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why the media commented on what he was wearing? I think that is pretty typical attire for men in Oregon. I must say I was surprised when I moved up here at the number of men who wear jeans to formal weddings even!

How many people feel that what Kaine was wearing has an impact on his involvement in this case?

I think, IMO, that given his circumstances and the fact that he probably did not leave with all his worldly goods from his home, no impact.

WOW... I was not logged in, but did now because that brings up an interesting point....if true... thanks for posting that...makes me think...!!

It's a tech issue, imo. Someone has to pay support. The court doesn't allow the noncustodial parent to not pay, even if they don't have an income. In Oregon anyway.
moo

I confess....I pegged her as the perp at the beginning...no apologies. I'm not LE and I'm not going to be on a jury to decide anything. And, I still believe she did something to Kyron....there, full disclosure. No lectures, please. Just put me on ignore or scroll on by! :wave:

Me tooooo Amster! So, let's make a fort.......

Moving on...

4 bedrooms handled:
* No touch Kyron's or baby's room
* All in eldest son's room goes to Terri, all in master goes to Terri

Now then...maybe the eldest son didn't have a room, and that is an office or some such. Split the contents, Kaine keeps that which is needed to do business and support the children. Terri gets to keep her laptop, she needs those graphics!

Kitchen...
Kaine must have fridge and stove UNLESS he wants to update them, give them to Terri (who knows how clean they have been kept.) IF these are presently being paid for on credit, this could be a little "issue" to figure out. Not a big one...throw it into the tally.

Dining...
Baby K may or may not need the familiarity of the dining room furniture. Kaine can figure that out... That can be evaluated and traded off in the bottom line -- easy stuff.

Bathroom...
Give her everything, wouldn't want to touch it. You can buy new fresh towels and so on...and you want all new fresh soap, meds etc.

Living...
Baby K may need the familiarity, but on the other hand, a baby cuddles into nice fresh new couches too and I don't know I would want to be on any couch that Terri might have romped on. UNLESS there is particular sentimentality with Kyron and these couches, of Kaine bought them originally... Out with the old, in with the new and comfy.

Still working on this.

Moving on...

... edit

Living...
Baby K may need the familiarity, but on the other hand, a baby cuddles into nice fresh new couches too and I don't know I would want to be on any couch that Terri might have romped on. UNLESS there is particular sentimentality with Kyron and these couches, of Kaine bought them originally... Out with the old, in with the new and comfy.

Still working on this.

My guess is that he will prefer an unromped-on couch.

(Ewww: he may have text msgs of furniture in the course of romping.)
I know, mods, this belongs downstairs.~

Oh, I agree that there have been some over the top (to put it mildly) posts all over the internet about TH. I find some comments scary. I find most comments rational, those that are 'pro', 'fence' and 'anti' however. I really bristle when the term 'witch hunt' is thrown about, especially when the majority on all sides are basing their opinions on critical thought. The rabid opinions of the minority, however irrational and even scary, should not taint the fact that the majority have deliberated in good faith when forming their opinions, IMO IMO IMO. The term 'witch hunt' is used to paint an opinion as being vindictive, irrational, illogical, emotional, etc. I've seen that in some comments on the Web, but not in the majority, not by a long shot.

SBM

The two of us may have different perceptions of what constitutes a witch hunt.

From my perspective as an amateur historian, a witch hunt mentality does not need to be held by the majority to be harmful.

For instance, the classic case of a witch hunt was the Salem witch trials. Even at the time of the trials, it is clear by the historical record that the majority of people really had no opinion about the accusations and quite a few people thought the accusers had lost their minds.

The accusers and their supporters were a (sizeable) minority. Unfortunately, amongst that minority were people in power.

What let them prevail for a couple years is that the majority were either apathetic or afraid that if they protested, they would be next.

I compare it to any passionately debated issue. While the vast majority of people are content to debate rationally and follow the rule of law, there are a tiny, minuscule percentage who are willing to go too far if there are enough people who just verbally advocate vigilante action. If even one of those people combines the willingness to go further, the proximity and the means, well, that's all it would take.

I certainly hope that in this day and age, there would be no question of a lynch mob, some of the things I read about the Anthony case really, really scare me.

websleuthstrain.jpg

Wow...anyone having trouble with WS this afternoon/evening?

Okay...sorting out the logistics problem, almost done:

Okay... Having just "fastidiously" moved a house of 1500 sq. ft in 2 weeks (going through everything with incredible detail, packing etc.) -- I nearly have their logistics problem handled! BTW, if the house "burned down" there would be no logistical problem...so I always kinda use a "house on fire" scenario on what is important to take or get rid of...

Ground rules...

A. If something is missed in the present decision, i.e. if Terri leaves a personal belonging accidentally, Kaine packs it for her after the fact and it is delivered to her attorney's office for her to pick up.

B. Similarly, if Terri packs something personal of Kaine's, she delivers it to his attorney's office.

C. Terri leaves the house for 6 hours... Kaine goes through the house looking for his "personal" belongings (old photos, high school or school junk, things from when he was a kid, Kyron's things, etc.) from the rooms that Terri will take (Master, eldest son's room, living room, kitchen, possible office) -- he places these things in boxes in Kyron's and/or K's room temporarily and the door is shut -- Terri does not need to bother with these rooms or those belongings in her move.

The method:
1. Close Kyron's room door -- Terri does not enter that bedroom
2. Close the baby's room door -- Terri doesn't have to enter that room either
3. Terri empties the bathroom into boxes, takes it all
4. If Terri wants linen closet things, she empties them into boxes
5. If Terri wants all curtains etc. she or packers take them down and pack them
6. Terri empties her eldest's room -- leaving only those things which might be "Kaine's, Kyron's or K's" belongings if any of them have been stored/left in there.

Now the few remaining problems...
Living room, dining room, kitchen, garage -- maybe utility room or storage shed

PS. Kaine and Terri, this is a free service from someone with immense organizational skills!

While I agree with you to a certain extent , does there not come a point when you have to say "Hey this woman is not helping. What about Kyron's rights?" I do not think she should be assaulted or tortured. I do agree with putting pressure on her.

Rights aren't worth anything if they only protect people who are generally liked. It's easy to advocate, for instance, protecting Mrs Smith's right of free speech when the worst thing Mrs Smith has ever said of anyone or anything is "oh dear." It's much more difficult to advocate protecting the free speech of the KKK or the Westboro Baptist Church. In order to have a right to free speech, it is the difficult cases that make that right meaningful for everyone.

It is clear that it is legal to exert some emotional or mental pressure on people in the course of investigations. However, it is also clear that such pressure can be escalated to the point where there is a high risk of eliciting a false confession, so that the line between okay and too much should fall short of that point.

Where that line is drawn is not entirely clear and may well vary from case to case.

I sooooooooo hear you. Where I live , true Southern Girls still do not wear white after Labor Day and then not til Easter. And Easter means a whole new Church outfit from Hat to Shoes.

<<LOL>> Yeah!

I vaguely remember some of the rules about when veils were to be worn with hats and what sorts of veils were appropriate to what occasions.

In many ways those were much narrower times and I love the greater perceived freedom of the present... but the minutiae of the past was beautiful in its way. There was pageantry, pomp and circumstance that the majority understood and appreciated.

PS I am not picking on you, your posts just stuck out to me. I am trying to catch up.

Thank you. I assure you, I do not feel picked on in the least by such a courteous opponent.

Hello Kimster,

Topic is: Kaine, his lawyer, and TH's attorney at Court House 7/15/2010

Article on this court house meeting states:

>>Attorney Stephen Houze said Terri Horman has agreed to leave the home and has worked to make sure Kiara and Kaine have the necessary possessions they need.

"It is simply a matter of logistics," Houze said. "It is not a simple matter to pick up everything and simply be gone." <<

Am I on topic "fixing the logistics" to make it easier for Terri to move out?

Hello Kimster,

Topic is: Kaine, his lawyer, and TH's attorney at Court House 7/15/2010

Article on this court house meeting states:

>>Attorney Stephen Houze said Terri Horman has agreed to leave the home and has worked to make sure Kiara and Kaine have the necessary possessions they need.

"It is simply a matter of logistics," Houze said. "It is not a simple matter to pick up everything and simply be gone." <<

Am I on topic "fixing the logistics" to make it easier for Terri to move out?

You're fine. :)

It is late and I don't want to point at anyone, but let's just say the witch hunt topic needs to go to the wayside. :blowkiss:

I think Kaine is just trying to control the aspects of his life he can control and perhaps moving home is one of them. Personally I would not want to be there with the media encamped for the forseeable future. The baby will be exposed to photographers every time they leave the house.

I'm not so worried. With the way the house is located, the media won't even be able to see the house if they aren't invited onto the private property.

At most, baby K will have to be driven through a crowd of media while in her car seat in a moving car.

I can't see KH being so rash as to give the media permission to set one little toe on his driveway. Which is blocked by an electronically controlled gate, so there's no question about property lines.

I think the media will get tired of hanging out in a place where they can only see (and film) trees and where there are no public bathrooms, let alone nearby fast food outlets. At most, they'll probably pool and rotate shifts with one reporter on duty at a time with the agreement to share coverage.

Heh, haven't I read that the Portland area has been rainy? I bet they have mosquitoes there the size of birds. And with all those trees, they probably have ticks, too.

Even the bloodsuckers have to eat, you know. <<snicker>>

If I see the person who corrected me, I will ask for a link. I remember thinking it was about 10 days and about 200 pics. That's about 20 pics a day and who dresses and undresses that often. 200 texts make more sense. So I didn't ask for proof when corrected.

... that a person can take more than one picture during a (for lack of a better word) sitting (session?) and that in point of fact 200 pictures of a sexual nature wouldn't be that hard to produce without changing your clothing or disrobing more than few times (or even only once). I would agree that hundreds of texts makes more sense but I would point out that if it is in fact hundreds of images that producing them would not require changing your clothes 20 times. I have no idea which it is and would appreciate a link. Just sayin'

It does seem a pity that her parents have left the house. Maybe things might be going differently if they had stayed.

I'm not so worried. With the way the house is located, the media won't even be able to see the house if they aren't invited onto the private property.

At most, baby K will have to be driven through a crowd of media while in her car seat in a moving car.

I can't see KH being so rash as to give the media permission to set one little toe on his driveway. Which is blocked by an electronically controlled gate, so there's no question about property lines.

I think the media will get tired of hanging out in a place where they can only see (and film) trees and where there are no public bathrooms, let alone nearby fast food outlets. At most, they'll probably pool and rotate shifts with one reporter on duty at a time with the agreement to share coverage.

Heh, haven't I read that the Portland area has been rainy? I bet they have mosquitoes there the size of birds. And with all those trees, they probably have ticks, too.

Even the bloodsuckers have to eat, you know. <<snicker>>

FYI media can hang out for as long as somebody pays them. They were out for months at Scott Peterson's, Drew P and Casey's, until the arrests, for example, they hung out majorly related to OJ. I think this could be as big a case, and we know that a good picture of TH's arrest is big time.

REally, and anybody who wants to can find anybody's address given half a brain as we know so well from following high profile crime.

And, yup, skeeters, and yup pool coverage, but still amateurs because they might have a shot at a $ale. I'm a paparazzi-wannabe. Just too lazy.

Okay...finalizing the logistics problem...

A. This isn't a divorce settlement, it is merely moving one person out and another in. The moves and taking of items can be categorized, listed, later and sorted out by what was owned by Kaine prior to the marriage, what is community property and what Terri took when she moved OR would like after the fact in some "compromise" to get this move happening in 24 hours!

B. Cameras are very nice... We know Terri has some type of camera. I'm sure Kaine could borrow one. Both/either can go through the house in short order and photograph things. All "loose ends" can be hammered out later.

SO...the living room -- Tell her what she can take, Kaine (if you are reading) tell her to take it all if you are happy with that. Just get this handled honey! New living room furniture isn't hard to get and you have a good income and a future, plus you get to snuggle that baby girl. Some things are just more important than possessions -- and you know it more than anyone!

The dining room -- Again Kaine, don't give too much thought about anything you know you can live without...give it all to her, tally it against anything in the settlement later.

The kitchen -- these can be "filled" in a few minutes with a few loving "housewife" or mom friends. If she wants it all, take snaps of what she is getting and tally it later (keep receipts on what it costs you to replace what is there). PULL any of your personal stuff before she goes through it!

GARAGE! That can be sorted later!

DONE! DING DING DING! This can be handled in 24 hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018