2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is why Terri got a new phone. Because her original phone Kaine had access to the bill and account and could get records of texts and calls. I understand you can just call up your phone compnay and those records if it's your account.

With my cellphone company, I can see my bill online for both phones on my account. Every number dialed, even to which numbers texts and data messages were sent.

To me, the batphones say that she thinks that she's smarter than LE and would be able to do this undetected.

What I have yet to understand is what the pull is that Terri Horman has that causes people to act on her behalf--and in the process risking their own marriages and, potentially, freedom.

The attorney stated that she had an un-redacted copy of the text messages for the judge. So, I assume that the redacted copy is what was handed out to the press. We don't know what it was that was redacted, but the judge, who's making the decision, will know.

I'm certain that it was the court, not Kaine's lawyer, who redacted the other messages.

The redactions include phone numbers. Those phone numbers would have to be on the original filing to prove that it was Terri sending those text messages.

The attorney stated that she had an un-redacted copy of the text messages for the judge. So, I assume that the redacted copy is what was handed out to the press. We don't know what it was that was redacted, but the judge, who's making the decision, will know.

And the point of doing that?

Glad to see she gave an un-redacted copy to the judge, though.

OMG, Like, they are so grown-up and clever and cool about it all, aren't they?

pfffffffttttttttt. [unusual people]

Sheesh.

JMHO

Emma found her voice. I LOVE when that happens! (Spiders do, too!):woohoo:

I haven't seen the whole filing only the exhibit. Perhaps they will have it up soon. All I have seen is news stories. :)

Whole filing is attached to this post.

Attachments

It was her divorce attorney, Mr. Bunch, who claimed the amount paid to her criminal attorney, Mr. Houze, was overstated. How would he know? Because Terri said so?

That's correct. Her divorce attorney made the statement about the 350K.

I would imagine that yes, he would ask his client, and also the criminal attorney, given they have the same client and her husband wants to tie the two into the same thing. Bunch had a responsibility to look into the charge, and apparently did so. His response is that the 350K figure was wrong. I still have not seen where Terri says she paid that amount. I only know right now that she got herself a criminal attorney whose fees COST that much. The day everyone else found out she retained him, but with no information on how much she actually paid him.

Bunch is running the divorce. Kaine has stated he has the right to know about something regarding how Terri paid for Houze, using marital property as a basis. Terri was served divorce papers along with a restraining order from Kaine several days prior to this. Seems wise to me to find out how much it's going to cost in the long run to answer all of the criminal charges that she's looking at. It is the point of a lot of people that she's guilty of Kyron's disappearance.

Since she was served prior to retaining this attorney for her potential criminal defense, what does it matter what she paid? If Kaine is as smart as we all assume, wouldn't he have naturally put in for a legal separation of finances to be in effect from date of serving the divorce papers, onward? If so, what business of it of his how much she paid? It's her financial burden.

The divorce attorney is another matter, and I've already addressed that with what I recall was an affidavit from each of their attorneys to have the other spouse pay their legal fees.

I don't know what is on the text that is redacted. But this text just happens to coincide with the date on which it is said Terri started sexting with M. Cook. What if it is sexting? I surely don't want to see that. And releasing that would be further embarrassment to Terri and most probably be the cause for a lawsuit.

Maybe they were talking about someone else whose name should be protected. The weather, how life is unfair.... I just don't know. But I have to believe that the part that the lawyer felt was important and only that part has been left unredacted. The rest would be over exposure....... :doh: No pun intended.

Link please? I have not heard any msm say that LS never reported it to LE.

I believe logically if Terri Horman had attempted to pay a man to kill her husband, and then instead of doing her bidding went to the police and told them he was just solicited by a housewife to kill her husband, and the police then scoffed at that and did nothing for approximately 6 months, until that man's child disappeared, I would hope Kaine Horman takes Portland PD to court and sues their hiney off for not the least charge of reckless endangerment and dereliction of duty to protect.

(BeanE, I think I win for longest run-on sentence!)

This is a filing that was necessary to answer the Abatement that Houze filed. I don't see this as anything more than Kaine's attorney complying with a time frame to file an answer to Houze's motion for an Abatement. To not do so could mean the court would feel Kaine has no interests to protect in this legal matter.

Houze never filed an abatement. Her divorce attorney, Mr. Bunch did. It seems like many people on this board keep forgetting she has TWO attorneys. So far, I have not seen Houze say or do one thing on her criminal case.

I don't want to go o/t too much but, since you brought up the subject of monthly support as in alimony...would Kaine be held to making those payments even if Terri ends up being charged, convicted and sent to prison?

What would be the ultimate hit below the belt for Kaine Horman? Finding out his wife was responsible for the disappearance (and death) of his son and that any of his money (via alimony) could be used to support her defense case/costs...ugh!

I don't know, but you bring up a good point. I am thinking right now, that the court would ask him to pay monthly only until a settlement can be reached. Hopefully Kaine's attorney will help him get a settlement that is paid up front, with no monthly payments. They were only married three years and she is not on the deed. Shouldn't be too awful much. Even if he had to borrow money to pay, it would be worth it to be rid of her permanently.

Houze never filed an abatement. Her divorce attorney, Mr. Bunch did. It seems like many people on this board keep forgetting she has TWO attorneys. So far, I have not seen Houze say or do one thing on her criminal case.

You are absolutely right.

Kaine Horman argued in a filing last week that Terri Horman's request to allow the divorce but leave all other matters like custody aside would leave Kaine and Terri Horman "financially enmeshed" and Kaine unable to make decisions with his money that he would otherwise make as a single person.

If the case is delayed, Kaine "would be officially 'divorced,' but the welfare of his children would be jeopardized and the balance of his legal rights as a party to the marriage would remain unresolved," his attorney wrote in the filing. "(Terri's motion) places her own convenience and needs over the children's welfare and safety."

He also said in filings that Terri Horman only wants to delay the proceedings because she fears incriminating herself in Kyron's disappearance.
Read more: http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100816/UPDATE/100816006/-1/update#ixzz0wpNXkfZi

PREcisely...jmoo

I don't know how the press obtained these filings, but in any case the irrelevant details included are clearly intended for public consumption as desquire pointed out.

The press would obtain the filings by walking into the courthouse and paying for copies. Just the same as any Joe Blow off the street could obtain them.

He may, and he will be sorely disappointed. Rackner isn't putting her license on the line for KH, imo

I hope not. Although including irrelevant information in her motions is skating close to the edge, IMO.

Wonder if she attended Taft too?

I keed, I keed.

Do we know this filing was "handed out to the press," or did reporters (on the court house beat assigned to the Kyron disappearance) just note the filing and request a copy? To me, that makes a difference. But I don't see why they would risk a backlash just releasing it when all they had to do was load the document up with stuff that made TH look bad and wait for reporters to get copies from the court and then release them.

Kaine Horman argued in a filing last week that Terri Horman's request to allow the divorce but leave all other matters like custody aside would leave Kaine and Terri Horman "financially enmeshed" and Kaine unable to make decisions with his money that he would otherwise make as a single person.

If the case is delayed, Kaine "would be officially 'divorced,' but the welfare of his children would be jeopardized and the balance of his legal rights as a party to the marriage would remain unresolved," his attorney wrote in the filing. "(Terri's motion) places her own convenience and needs over the children's welfare and safety."

He also said in filings that Terri Horman only wants to delay the proceedings because she fears incriminating herself in Kyron's disappearance.

Read more: http://www.statesmanjournal.com/article/20100816/UPDATE/100816006/-1/update#ixzz0wpNXkfZi
He who? Kaine?

Motion for abatement, btw.

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/terri+horman+abate+divorce.pdf

That brings up an interesting legal question. Can she be forced to respond in a civil case that is so obviously tangled up with a potential criminal case? Anything she says can certainly be used to prosecute and potentially convict her, so even if she's innocent she has the absolute right not to make statements that could incriminate herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila