2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura Rackner - argued that the divorce should proceed without abatement.

"If this case goes to trial now, a year from now, or two years from now it will get just as much publicity," said Rackner.

She went on to say that the reason for the publicity has nothing to do with Kaine Horman, but that it was brought on by Terri.

more at this link:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...vorce-proceedings/GonG6-VnTkmaYBikdxxq7Q.cspx

KATUNews KATU.com
Kaine Lawyer: “[Terri's] request for abatement serves her self interest over what is best for the children... which is timely resolution."
40 seconds ago

Timely resolution is the best interest for the children? Hmm. Seems to me keeping the child away from her mother only serves to damage the child, since protecting the child isn't what's being used as what's in the best interest of the children.

KOIN_Local_6 KOIN_Local_6
Bunch: want to modify parenting time w/baby K-- there is none currently
19 seconds ago

Timely resolution is the best interest for the children? Hmm. Seems to me keeping the child away from her mother only serves to damage the child, since protecting the child isn't what's being used as what's in the best interest of the children.

Terri is the one keeping that child away from herself. She didn't bother even to try to see her or get some kind of custody of her for three and half a months, which is a long time for a baby. And who knows how long the Kyron case will go on? If anyone is shooting themselves in the foot about baby K, it's Terri, not Kaine. He is doing what is best for that child, and Terri has just sat there and not done a darn thing about it until now.

KATUNews KATU.com
Court records say Cook began a sexual relationship with Terri shortly after Kaine moved out of their house 22 days after Kyron disappeared.
55 seconds ago
»

KATUNews KATU.com
Mike Cook is outside the courtroom. He received a subpoena to testify. Cook is a high school friend of Kaine Horman's.
1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

To testify in this hearing or before the GJ? Is it all in one courthouse?

TIA, free.

ETA: never mind. I'm slow today. :)

Well, seems to me, for Kaine, it's all about getting things settled as soon as possible, and not really about what's in the best interest of the child. His attorney spoke only of "timely resolution" not "protecting his child from a murderess harridan."

Maybe she's saving that for later.

Bunch: want to modify parenting time w/baby K-- there is none currently
19 seconds ago
is Bunch serious? Hope he gets to contesting that restraining order first before he does anything else!

Seems to me Terri's attorneys are having a hard time arguing around the central issue, which is the RO. It'll be interesting to see if they can finagle some kind of visitation.

Laura Rackner - argued that the divorce should proceed without abatement.

"If this case goes to trial now, a year from now, or two years from now it will get just as much publicity," said Rackner.

She went on to say that the reason for the publicity has nothing to do with Kaine Horman, but that it was brought on by Terri.

more at this link:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...vorce-proceedings/GonG6-VnTkmaYBikdxxq7Q.cspx

I wonder if Bunch/Houze will bring up all of the pressers Kaine has been part of, where Terri was accused...

I took that to mean that a timely resolution the divorce and custody arrangements instead of dragging it out for 2 years during which time visitation orders could change quickly and at the drop of a hat in addition to the publicity of it all. Stability really is in the best interest of any child.

Seems to me Terri's attorneys are having a hard time arguing around the central issue, which is the RO. It'll be interesting to see if they can finagle some kind of visitation.

Hard to do that and ignore the ginormous elephant in the room, the RO. I don't see that happening. They are going to have to address it somehow.

I wonder if Bunch/Houze will bring up all of the pressers Kaine has been part of, where Terri was accused...
they may try but it won't work.

I think the atty is referring to Terri's issues as per her involvement in the alleged M4H plot, her sexcapdes, etc... not about heartbroken parents stating their opinions to a media outlet.

MOO

I think the atty is referring to Terri's issues as per her involvement in the alleged M4H plot, her sexcapdes, etc... not about heartbroken parents stating their opinions to a media outlet.

MOO

But--Terri didn't bring those things into the public eye--Kaine's atty. did. Kaine actively brought accusations of Terri into the public eye.

Does the same judge hear all the days arguments?
Can he grant his desision on the divorse today?
and another day for assets if they aren't settled today?
Seems lik so many things on the plate for 1 day.

Divorce abatement is over; ruling to come at 1:30 p.m. Check back with koinlocal6.com for all the details
1 minute ago

MOO

ITA. They are opening the door to bringing in the criminal case if they say anything like that. This is the divorce proceeding, not the criminal case, and there's not even a criminal case against Terri yet (no charges or arrest). This is about her actions that led to the RO, the sexting and MFH plot. They can't bring in those press conferences because that is about Kyron, not Terri and the divorce.

To testify in this hearing or before the GJ? Is it all in one courthouse?

TIA, free.

This reporter was in courtroom so I believe he was there for this hearing

Araksya Araksya Karapetyan
Michael Cook (who Terri was allegedly "sexting"and sharing documents with) is here- he is outside the courtroom waiting to be called in.
16 minutes ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member