2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the original document? I am unclear on what's sealed and unsealed at this time???

If you are referring to my signature, that is the divorce filing and it has not been sealed.

The restraining order is a totally different document and must contain a declaration of facts explaining why the judge should grant the restraining order which is what law enforcement and the judge don't want the media and public knowing.

FYI: HLN is covering Kyron right now -- JVM & MBrooks find RO "suspicious", feel there is reason to believe harm probable to babyK

I just remembered Terri's DWI and child endangerment charge with her son in the car. I wonder if KH brought that up to the court, or if he fears a repeat.

I just remembered Terri's DWI and child endangerment charge with her son in the car. I wonder if KH brought that up to the court, or if he fears a repeat.

Thanks for bringing that up again -- I had totally forgotten that as well.

Well, I guess that could be another scenario, then: if the whole situation caused her to be drinking. But then, still, why leave her name off the family statement? Even if she was doing something bizarre now, wouldn't they leave her name on, if only to show that she was committed, at least, to bringing Kyron home?

I'm so confused by this whole thing :banghead:

KH would have to have PROOF like LE saw this action also to take parenting rights away from TH.
You just do not lose your rights so quickly on a RO.
and the GUN thing scares me allot. Never dreamed any guns would be involved.
Or that TH would try to buy a gun!

I noticed in the video of bio parents, mom was wearing a green top with
missing button, dad wore missing shirt and button.
Maybe mom knows Kyron is no longer with us . JMO

If he really had already moved out on Saturday, maybe she might have known something was up? But she seemed surprised, according to the reporters.

I'm guessing she was given a benign reason for them staying elsewhere. Maybe that it was temporary and for the baby's safety or something.

I think it might be possible that, in light of whatever the evidence is for the restraining order, LE and/or Kaine have reason to believe that SM might decide to end it all, killing Kaine, baby K, and herself. She seems a desperate woman to me. JMOO

jokie;

I do think maybe Terri said something about killing herself. Not necessarily anyone else. And, as stated before, that alone would give the Court reason to grant temporary relief, sometimes permanent if she does indeed try suicide. I hope she has lots of support and someone with her at all times for months to come. Therapy if needed.

We will not know until the Judge decides we can know though. :( We can only guess.

I knew someone who was caught in a web of very bad lies that claimed everyone was out to get him and he should just kill himself since nobody trusted him anymore. He didn't really mean it, he just wanted people to feel sorry for him and to keep himself at the center of attention. If TH said something like that, even if she didn't mean it, it would still be good enough for a judge, I would think.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Second-grade-student-missing-from-Skyline-Elementary-95670454.html

GUNS & Parenting!
I NEVER thought of a gun...........
was TH known to have a gun???

Interesting nuance, indeed. "However, the abuse prevent petition showed that Terri Moulton-Horman was granted no parenting time and restricted from accessing firearms".

Can someone with RO experience shed some light here? Is it typical to put in a statement like this about a certain kind of weapon? Why not knives? Perhaps too common in the kitchen? Why a gun? Is it because she is known to have one and/or has a license to carry a gun in Oregon? Do they need some special detail in the RO to have come to such a conclusion - that she is banned from guns?

How much of clue (or not) is this?

By the way, HLN PrimeTime just said Jane Velez Mitchell will be covering the Kyron case and all the latest developments. I know we are so good here on WS that we hardly get new news from the headliners, but we do benefit from the host and panel commentary! At least I do.

Jane comes on at 4pm here...in just over half an hour. She's my fav!!

LE apparently told Kaine to move out with the little girl. They possibly helped him at court also. Kaine has said he fully supports the Police action there taking...seriously the LE dont appear to be the slightest bit interested in Kaine in connection with Kyrons disappearance. They do however seem to be showing a LOT in Terri.
Apparantly AOL in an article said LE stated this.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/kyron-hormans-dad-kaine-horman-files-for-divorce-from-missing-boys-stepmother/19535026?icid=main|main|dl1|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fkyron-hormans-dad-kaine-horman-files-for-divorce-from-missing-boys-stepmother%2F19535026

Moulton Horman isn't a person of interest or a suspect, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand told AP on Monday, adding that the department is "not talking about personal issues going on with the Hormans."

On the RO app, there is a check box that says "The Respondent has access to firearms now, or I am concerned about his/her getting firearms." The next checkbox down says "I want the Respondent ordered not to possess or purchase firearms or ammunition because (explain how you and/or your children's safety and welfare are affected by Respondent's possession of firearms):"

I have a FAPA petition sitting in front of me, by the way.

sbm

I wonder if it had anything (everything?) to do with the 2nd poly. IIRC, that happened on Saturday...the same day he left.

Except the polygraph was two Saturdays ago. This case is flying by so fast. But, he could have been shown the results of it on this past weekend, Saturday. I don't know if they can share the results with him or not, but I do know the Saturday of the 2nd poly was longer ago. Good thought though!

Apparantly AOL in an article said LE stated this.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/kyron-hormans-dad-kaine-horman-files-for-divorce-from-missing-boys-stepmother/19535026?icid=main|main|dl1|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aolnews.com%2Fnation%2Farticle%2Fkyron-hormans-dad-kaine-horman-files-for-divorce-from-missing-boys-stepmother%2F19535026

Moulton Horman isn't a person of interest or a suspect, sheriff's spokeswoman Lt. Mary Lindstrand told AP on Monday, adding that the department is "not talking about personal issues going on with the Hormans."
note where the quotation marks are (direct quote from LE vs paraphrase) in that article

Except the polygraph was two Saturdays ago. This case is flying by so fast. But, he could have been shown the results of it on this past weekend, Saturday. I don't know if they can share the results with him or not, but I do know the Saturday of the 2nd poly was longer ago. Good thought though!

I hope Kaine didn't do all this based on a polygraph. Technology can be wrong: IIRC, the father in the Fox case not only failed a polygraph, but confessed to the crime! And he was innocent. IMHO, I would need more proof than a failed poly to do what he's done.

Interesting nuance, indeed. "However, the abuse prevent petition showed that Terri Moulton-Horman was granted no parenting time and restricted from accessing firearms".

Can someone with RO experience shed some light here? Is it typical to put in a statement like this about a certain kind of weapon? Why not knives? Perhaps too common in the kitchen? Why a gun? Is it because she is known to have one and/or has a license to carry a gun in Oregon? Do they need some special detail in the RO to have come to such a conclusion - that she is banned from guns?

How much of clue (or not) is this?

I know that if the person has a known firearm, or access to one, and the weapon has been threatened or used in the past, the order can call for no access to firearms and can also call for the police to impound a known weapon. What I don't know is whether it's also common in a situation where there is no known current known access to a firearm, but reason to believe that the person might obtain one and use it. Just speculating, but I wonder if part of the reason to include this in the order is so that if the person were to attempt to purchase a weapon, the RO would come up and the sale would be prohibited.

jmoo...there probably has to be a dern good reason to specifically restrict access to firearms where a violent crime (including aggravated assualt/threaten with a deadly weapon) has not already been committed against the person obtaining the order.

No parenting time is a big deal to me. Not even supervised visitation? By a judges order? That seems unheard of unless there is a very real threat to the child.

not just that but such a young baby and a stay at home mom - this is terrible chaos and stress for the child...one is left with the inevitable conclusion that it would be much more terrible to NOT order this....not feeling hopeful about kyron at all anymore, it is devastating.

On the RO app, there is a check box that says "The Respondent has access to firearms now, or I am concerned about his/her getting firearms." The next checkbox down says "I want the Respondent ordered not to possess or purchase firearms or ammunition because (explain how you and/or your children's safety and welfare are affected by Respondent's possession of firearms):"

I have a FAPA petition sitting in front of me, by the way.

Just thought I would bring this post over to this page. I do feel this "leaked" info is going to stir things that may have no basis.

Care to share more about the FAPA with us all? Help clear up some of the speculations we are all bound to have?

As I said it was not appropriate filling for divorce now.It did totally take the focus off of finding this little boy.Honestly it really made me look into Kane the father more and made me think what were his motives for doing the filling for divorce.This really could of and should have waited.

A divorce filing is a legal move, not a social or PR move. I'm sure there were very good reasons for filing it now. One I can think of offhand is that the marital assets need to be put under court control immediately, before Terri can start draining them away by hiring high-priced lawyers to defend her. Kaine's got enough problems in his life without adding bankruptcy to the mix. He's suddenly become the sole parent to a baby, and yet still needs to work to support himself and the baby.

Just speculating, but I wonder if part of the reason to include this in the order is so that if the person were to attempt to purchase a weapon, the RO would come up and the sale would be prohibited.

Good thought. A RO does show up when a background check is done to purchase a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3