2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what they're basically saying is that whatever is contained in the RO is no longer part of an ongoing investigation. IMHO, they've got lawn guy's word and that's it. Other than that, and absent Terri incriminating herself in the botched sting operation, they've got nothing.

Please everyone keep the faith!!! We don't know what Terri said on that wire. She may not have admitted asking him to kill her husband but she also may not have denied it. If she never denied it that isn't enough to convict her but a reasonable person could infer that she did indeed intend to have Kaine killed. Which means it would be enough doubt to give a Judge enough to keep her away from Kaine and her daughter for a while.

Unfortunately I'm afraid if she got her hands on the baby she would run to Mexico and we would never know anything about Kyron.

No that won't happen. Just because the information is public doesn't mean Terri is not still a HUGE threat to that child or Kaine for that matter. The restraining order will remain in place.

On what basis will the RO remain in effect, though? There's no evidence she harmed Kyron. If there was evidence she implemented a murder-for-hire, she would've been arrested. The very fact that LE needed a sting operation tells me they didn't have overwhelming evidence against her in the first place, and as we all know, she didn't incriminate herself in the sting operation.

The RO is tied to the murder-for-hire accusation, but ultimately, that's all it is, IMHO. There's no proof. I don't believe the RO will remain in effect indefinitely based solely on the word of lawn boy. If it was that easy, every disgruntled, non-custodial parent in America would be placing ads for a lawn boy to come up with some cockamamie story about their ex- husband or wife.

It doesn't matter what LE believes is true, it matters what they can prove is true. If LE can't prove that Terri harmed Kyron or that she wanted to hire some lawn boy to off her husband, then there is no legal reason to keep her from her baby.

Maybe they haven't arrested her because they want her to lead them to Kyron. Or maybe they have nothing. :(

If LE is still operating on the assumption that Kyron is alive, what would they arrest her for?
They didn't charge Casey Anthony with murder until Caylee was missing for four months.

On what basis will the RO remain in effect, though? There's no evidence she harmed Kyron. If there was evidence she implemented a murder-for-hire, she would've been arrested. The very fact that LE needed a sting operation tells me they didn't have overwhelming evidence against her in the first place, and as we all know, she didn't incriminate herself in the sting operation.

The RO is tied to the murder-for-hire accusation, but ultimately, that's all it is, IMHO. There's no proof. I don't believe the RO will remain in effect indefinitely based solely on the word of lawn boy. If it was that easy, every disgruntled, non-custodial parent in America would be placing ads for a lawn boy to come up with some cockamamie story about their ex- husband or wife.

It doesn't matter what LE believes is true, it matters what they can prove is true. If LE can't prove that Terri harmed Kyron or that she wanted to hire some lawn boy to off her husband, then there is no legal reason to keep her from her baby.

indefinitely that is the key word here. You're right they won't be able to keep Terri away from them for long or indefinitely. But no judge in his right mind is going to lift this protective order in light of a murder for hire. A judge is always going to err on the side of caution. And there's no indication the investigation is over in regards to the murder for hire plot. Generally if a person can't get one person to kill their spouse they will keep "shopping" until they can find one. You know we've all heard the stories of this happening. I would bet there are certainly more than one person out there. And if all the persons are credible they might have a case. Maybe not a strong one but a case still the same.

Plus we also don't know what else is in that RO. There could be more information on her computer or computer searches. Or the fact that LE DOES consider her a suspect in the disappearance/murder of Kyron. A judge would take that all into consideration.

Terri hasn't asked for any parenting time. That in and of itself is odd to me.
We don't know that for sure, ClueMeIn. This is a juvenile matter and could also be sealed.

Or, the attorney for Terri is working behind the scenes.

Scary for the baby.

My opinion.

I think the murder for hire accusation is over.Her lawyer will have them for lunch.

We don't know that for sure, ClueMeIn. This is a juvenile matter and could also be sealed.

Or, the attorney for Terri is working behind the scenes.

Scary for the baby.

My opinion.

My kids were on my RO, and when it was contested, that was there also.

We can only hope! Admittedly, the botched sting has me worried. I know we don't have all the facts but it sounded a little sloppy or rather, just hastily done. Moo

It definitely was an act of desperation imo. I think they (LE) wanted something to use as a bargaining chip to get her to talk about Kyron. However, she pretty much smelled a rat, and did a nice CYA by calling 911.

I would think an affidavit from LE stating that there are allegations of a MFH plot in addition to their attesting that TH is the last person known to have been with Kyron prior to his disappearance would be sufficient for a "reasonable" person to assume there is a risk of danger to her daughter as well. Wouldn't that be enough reasonable and credible support for the petitioner's request for an RO to be granted?

I would think an affidavit from LE stating that there are allegations of a MFH plot in addition to their attesting that TH is the last person known to have been with Kyron prior to his disappearance would be sufficient for a "reasonable" person to assume there is a risk of danger to her daughter as well. Wouldn't that be enough reasonable and credible support for the petitioner's request for an RO to be granted?

Yes, but it wouldn't be enough to keep her away forever if they can't find enough evidence to arrest her.

The second the RO becomes public, wouldn't it be in a PDF linked from a news site? I am thinking so.

No that won't happen. Just because the information is public doesn't mean Terri is not still a HUGE threat to that child or Kaine for that matter. The restraining order will remain in place.
amen! just because the alleged sting wasn't productive and resulted in arrest does not take away from what they had on her in the first place to put the sting in motion!

Does anyone think LE would just set up a sting on a whim? They most likely LDT'd the landscaper, had corroborating evidence, etc before they even moved on this and set a sting into motion. That info they developed does not go away nor is wiped off the white board just because TH clammed up and called 911. She is cornered and she knows it.

LE said he might be forced to make some decisions this week. Not sure exactly what that means... but I am thinking that he might have to move forward with not as much info as he would have liked to have if TH had not lawyered up, etc.

moo

Total assumption here, but the MFH landscaper plot may not be the ONLY reason for getting the restraining order. I would imagine the restraining order was granted for other reasons, as well. Maybe not as bad as the MFH plot, but perhaps other things that Terri may have allegedly said or allegedly did.

However, I feel keeping it sealed was necessary concerning the MFH plot. Which made it dangerous to the investigation if revealed. I suspect the rest of it will contain a lot of drama and more he said/she said stuff.

Also, if the RO is unsealed because LE have no case, then it's likely the RO will be lifted, which means Terri could have access to baby K. Perhaps Kaine was meeting with LE yesterday in anticipation of Terri regaining her parental rights.

when/if the RO is lifted, i hope the 911 transcript comes out too.

Much of the journalism is open to interpretation in this case. I can't tell if the lawnman came forward, was discovered by LE while investigating, or called it in long ago.

But am wondering what else is in the RO that LE does not mind making public, yet still would be enough to keep it in place. I think they have run their course on the murder-for-hire thing, unless someone else comes forward to back up the lawnman.

We can only hope! Admittedly, the botched sting has me worried. I know we don't have all the facts but it sounded a little sloppy or rather, just hastily done. Moo

Maybe she's watched or read enough crime cases to know those things get taped. ie; her own paranoia because she knew she was attempting a murder-for-hire. To me her cutting off the convo speaks as much to self-guilt as anything else.

Would have been no reason for her to stop the meeting if she were guilt-free in my opinion.

And we will not be sleuthing his personal life - only how he relates to this case. :wink:

does that mean we cannot look into his criminal records, if he has any? Or what does that mean?

If we find a picture of him, will we be able to post it? If he has an FB, can we post that?

I don't want TOS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members