2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me wonder if the murder-for-hire case is falling or fell apart, perhaps because of the botched sting operation, or perhaps because it's his word against hers at this point.

I think they have less evidence Terri was involved in the murder-for-hire than they have evidence against her in Kyron's disappearance.

Hello Cypress,

The definition of "botched" is:
1. To ruin through clumsiness.
2. To make or perform clumsily; bungle.
3. To repair or mend clumsily.

I don't think we have any evidence of "botched" -- i.e. I don't think that there is any evidence that the LE agent (Keystone Cop kinda guy maybe) stumbled in the yard and showed his wiring, nor do I think that the landscaper "noticeably" offered his shoulder closer to have Terri speak into his mike (setting off Terri's antennae) etc. I think we do have evidence that Terri "scotched" the matter...she ended the approach by landscaper and LE agent, she cut it off.

Scotched:

2. to put an end to

I'm sure it was hoped that Terri would respond in some way that assisted the investigation, she may have (we don't know what was recorded), despite her cutting it off at some point. I don't think I could ref an appropriate sting as "botched" simply because someone didn't respond as we'd hoped ("scotched"). I hate to say it, but I have directly asked my son if he did something that I saw him do and he denied it (naughty naughty boy!!!)

Those who wish to cover their wrong doings have their ways... Despite the most intricate, clever and well orchestrated ways that might be approached to get a wrong doer to "show evidence" of their wrong doing -- wrong doers can "scotch" our knowing of the truth. This does not mean that a "botch" occurred...

You wrote:
>>I think they have less evidence Terri was involved in the murder-for-hire than they have evidence against her in Kyron's disappearance.<<

Perhaps so... I would hate to learn that LE is lame or just looking for a scapegoat. It could happen, but my guess is that they have evidence that could completely boggle our minds at this point.

Conversely, think about Jon Benet Ramsey or Riley Fox. The police were pretty aggressive in those cases, and they were wrong. I have faith in LE, but not blind faith.

I'm waiting to see what the RO states, but I'm thinking LE does not have much on TH.

police are sometimes inept and sometimes not. This is not a murder case and in the one you cite the child's body was found inside the home with a broken window within hrs and the Pd said to be inept so much so the head was drummed to step down.

It shocked me how far away from accusing the parent they've been in this case. I'm no PD & I thought of her first from the minute I heard of this case. She did say she dropped him off at school that day which I strongly always wondered at her honesty, especially since news has said she's said to have been somewhere else at the time. My guess is that lil' leak will be proven in a court of law at some point to be true of her.

Sometimes bad people are not the cops. Just my opinion.

I wonder if names and other information can be redacted from a court document that will be made public?

I just wonder how long it is going to take for them to open the RO docs to the public ???

It could be a way for LE to use the media as a tool to further the investigation, eh?

I just wonder how long it is going to take for them to open the RO docs to the public ???

It could be a way for LE to use the media as a tool to further the investigation, eh?

I think LE has more on her than hope.

Maybe she's watched or read enough crime cases to know those things get taped. ie; her own paranoia because she knew she was attempting a murder-for-hire. To me her cutting off the convo speaks as much to self-guilt as anything else.

Would have been no reason for her to stop the meeting if she were guilt-free in my opinion.

So TH is damned if she does, damned if she doesn't?

Hello Cypress,

The definition of "botched" is:
1. To ruin through clumsiness.
2. To make or perform clumsily; bungle.
3. To repair or mend clumsily.

I don't think we have any evidence of "botched" -- i.e. I don't think that there is any evidence that the LE agent (Keystone Cop kinda guy maybe) stumbled in the yard and showed his wiring, nor do I think that the landscaper "noticeably" offered his shoulder closer to have Terri speak into his mike (setting off Terri's antennae) etc. I think we do have evidence that Terri "scotched" the matter...she ended the approach by landscaper and LE agent, she cut it off.

Scotched:

2. to put an end to

I'm sure it was hoped that Terri would respond in some way that assisted the investigation, she may have (we don't know what was recorded), despite her cutting it off at some point. I don't think I could ref an appropriate sting as "botched" simply because someone didn't respond as we'd hoped ("scotched"). I hate to say it, but I have directly asked my son if he did something that I saw him do and he denied it (naughty naughty boy!!!)

Those who wish to cover their wrong doings have their ways... Despite the most intricate, clever and well orchestrated ways that might be approached to get a wrong doer to "show evidence" of their wrong doing -- wrong doers can "scotch" our knowing of the truth. This does not mean that a "botch" occurred...

You wrote:
>>I think they have less evidence Terri was involved in the murder-for-hire than they have evidence against her in Kyron's disappearance.<<

Perhaps so... I would hate to learn that LE is lame or just looking for a scapegoat. It could happen, but my guess is that they have evidence that could completely boggle our minds at this point.

We can quibble about the definition of words, but knowing exactly what botched means, it's my personal opinion that LE botched the sting. Terri allegedly talked to lawn guy many, many months ago, and then in the middle of a missing person's investigation that Terri had, by that point, probably suspected was focused on her, lawn guy shows up with some random guy and starts hounding her for $10,000. She didn't take the bait and called the cops on them.

It is my personal opinion that if LE had irrefutable evidence Terri was involved in Kyron's disappearance, she would've been arrested and Kaine would've left her and taken baby K sooner. LE openly states they have NO evidence a murder has taken place, which means they have no evidence Terri was involved in Kyron's murder. The questionnaire and DY's repeated pleas for Terri to cooperate tell me that LE has little in the way of proof against Terri. IMHO, they still don't know how Kyron was taken from the school and they certainly don't know where.

Maybe she's watched or read enough crime cases to know those things get taped. ie; her own paranoia because she knew she was attempting a murder-for-hire. To me her cutting off the convo speaks as much to self-guilt as anything else.

Would have been no reason for her to stop the meeting if she were guilt-free in my opinion.

bbm

Are you thinking that TH should have continued the conversation with these two men to help gather information to pass on to LE? TIA

From what we heard about the 911 calls that day, TH arrived home and her husband and daughter were not home and then the landscaper and his "buddy" walk up and demand $10,000 or they are going to LE to tell about the "murder for hire" plan. If it were me and I was innocent I would out of my mind thinking "where the heck are my husband and baby girl?!" and would be on the phone to the cops immediately. It surely would be interesting to hear the content of that phone call.

I have to agree with you. As to Kaine, something was said or did that made him believe LS's claims. I doubt Kaine based his belief on the LS's words alone. Perhaps it was the words Terri used to the LS that Kaine realized that sounds like something my wife would say. Or perhaps Terri explained to LS how she was going to finance the plot, meaning LS knew things about their financial situation that he should not have.

I also think Kaine has now sat back and reflected on things his wife has said and done in the past 6 months or so and realized things weren't as the seemed. I think he's starting to put pieces of the puzzle together. JMO

I agree with what you've said. I'd even venture they showed him evidence not to be denied. I think any spouse would need that before doing all he's done and he wasted no time. Not to mention the judge's reaction.

Seems to me that making the RO public has everything to do with Terri's outstanding crim defense attorney. This guy is known for his PR skills and has been very quiet...could he be busy behind the scenes? moo

I understood what nonfictionrocks was asking, and her point.

It is interesting that on the divorce petition and the restraining order petition, there is no attorney named. Where the attorney name should be is Terri Horman, as defendent and attorney.

If I was guilt-free and some guys came in and started demanding me money and talking about plans to kill my husband, I'd be pretty scared because they obviously can't be good people with good intentions. Not sure that I'd feel like chatting.

It is interesting that on the divorce petition and the restraining order petition, there is no attorney named. Where the attorney name should be is Terri Horman, as defendent and attorney.

Legal analyst I'm not that does sound interesting enough.

Makes me wonder if he is only her criminal defense attorney, and isn't handling the RO and divorce.

Kaines name is on as petitioner, and his attorney's name is listed.

Terri's name is on as defendent, and under the attorney's name section is Terri Horman again.

Kaines name is on as petitioner, and his attorney's name is listed.

Terri's name is on as defendent, and under the attorney's name section is Terri Horman again.

It's a one-sided deal; there's no answer from the respondent until the hearing. So they wouldn't have known who Terri's attorney was or if she even had one.

If you're referring to the one Kaine and his atty filed that's normal. At the time Terri wasn't yet represented by counsel. If she had been that atty would have been listed. Typically you'll see "pro se" next to the respondent's (or petitioner) name if they don't have counsel yet.

It's a one-sided deal; there's no answer from the respondent until the hearing. So they wouldn't have known who Terri's attorney was or if she even had one.

Never-mind you beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member