2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It states:

A fellow lawyer tells WW that based on jail records obtained as part of another case, Houze last year told a potential client the amount he would charge as a retainer was $250,000. If so, it would easily make Houze one of Portland’s most expensive criminal-defense lawyers.

oh maybe Jose should move to OR:waitasec:

I don't understand this quote...
Another lawyer told WW that based on jail records Houze told a client what he would charge that potential client?

WW is at least 3 degrees separated from the source...no? Was he paid that much? Did he take this client on for less?

Seems like a rumor to me...until we see the jail records for that encounter.

Normally jail records don't have the lawyer's retainer listed. I don't even think it is in the court documents unless the state insists on knowing how the attorney is being paid. Otherwise this is privileged information.

Which they must not have any proof of ? Being as TH's lawyer stated that if KH's lawyer had asked Houze they would have known that was false information. Did I get that right ? Im so confused.

Bunch is saying the motion is a surprise to him, and if Kaine's attorney had asked him, (Bunch) he could have set them straight without filing the motion. However, he may not know the truth. I doubt he is privy to the contract between Terri and Houze. He could be splitting hairs, too. Terri could have lied to him. She lied to somebody, that's for sure.

Normally jail records don't have the lawyer's retainer listed. I don't even think it is in the court documents unless the state insists on knowing how the attorney is being paid. Otherwise this is privileged information.

So, could this be false information? I am confused by how another lawyer could get this information from jail records then...

TIA

I don't understand this quote...
Another lawyer told WW that based on jail records Houze told a client what he would charge that potential client?

WW is at least 3 degrees separated from the source...no? Was he paid that much? Did he take this client on for less?

Seems like a rumor to me...until we see the jail records for that encounter.

Do you have reason to believe it is impossible a highly regarded criminal attorney would ask for this kind of retainer for a major case? You seem to be incredulous to the idea. I assure you this is not beyond the norm for the type of services he provides.

Regarding the written communication through a third party. I see the chain of events this way. Terri sends the text to Michael, LE reads the text, LE passes the information onto Kaine, Kaine tells his attorney.

Basically, it is LE telling Kaine, who then told his attorney especially since LE has never stated any of this publically.

The only info we are getting from LE is what Kaine is stating LE is telling Kaine.

Well true. But when Michael Cook was interviewed he admitted to the sexting, he admitted to using his cell phone to take pictures of the sealed restraining order and he admitted to sharing such with 2 other people. He also admitted to googling Kaine's new address. All statements which were made in the same sworn motion by Kaine's attorney.

No he hasn't said it but it is in the motion all together filed all at the same time and because his communications had been gathered by LE.

The only thing Michael Cook denied was sleeping with Terri.

Do you have reason to believe it is impossible a highly regarded criminal attorney would ask for this kind of retainer for a major case? You seem to be incredulous to the idea. I assure you this is not beyond the norm for the type of services he provides.

Just as with any other MSM source you can choose to believe or discount it. But it is reported and thus has be considered in our sleuthing since the day it was reported.

Not at all, I find it highly improbable that ANOTHER attorney (other than Houze) was able to find this information out from jail records, and then decided to tell WW. I am not suggesting that Houze doesn't charge this much, or that he isn't worth it. Just that an article quoting someone who is quoting something is the most reliable source as to what someone else charges.

If I read in my newspaper that a beautician said that she read in Hairstylist Today ( fictional professional magazine) that the hairstylist down the way was charging such and such, I would want to read it for myself in Hairstylist Today.

PS: I agree that it has to be considered b/c it is reported in MSM, just wanting to point out my difficulty with this particular tidbit...

Well true. But when Michael Cook was interviewed he admitted to the sexting, he admitted to using his cell phone to take pictures of the sealed restraining order and he admitted to sharing such with 2 other people. He also admitted to googling Kaine's new address. All statements which were made in the same sworn motion by Kaine's attorney.

No he hasn't said it but it is in the motion all together filed all at the same time and because his communications had been gathered by LE.

The only thing Michael Cook denied was sleeping with Terri.

I agree, but I am the type that needs to see it on paper, not through other people. :)

ETA: Hopefully one day there will be interviews released or perhaps a court trial.

For all we know, TH could have been told that should TH get arrested and charged, the attorney costs could be as high as $350,000.00.

The language used in the filing is "...she tendered a payment of $350,000 to her attorney, , ,"

My understanding is that in legal language "to tender payment" means to make a binding commitment to pay.

So maybe his goal is to point out to the attorney hired that she cannot feesibly pay that amount.

I agree, but I am the type that needs to see it on paper, not through other people. :)

ETA: Hopefully one day there will be interviews released or perhaps a court trial.

Well it is on a sworn and signed motion by an Officer of the Court. I think that is the best we are going to get for now.

And it is apparent that Terri's attorney doesn't want any of this to be proven in a court of law until any possible criminal charges are completed. That is a real red flag. If none of it is true why worry?

So maybe his goal is to point out to the attorney hired that she cannot feesibly pay that amount.

Perhaps. But I think Houze would know better than to take a SAHM's word that she is good for it.

I think KH and DY want to know if she did something underhanded or illegal to get the money. If her folks raised it for her, then I think that is the end of it.

A reliable source told KGW that investigators learned of the $350,000 through a text message that Terri had sent to Mike Cook. Detectives were searching through Cook's messages as part of the investigation after they learned that he had a sexual relationship with Terri during the search for Kyron. A court motion stated that police said Terri "sexted" Cook hundreds of times and also sent him several photographs of herself "in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-seeks-to-make-Terri-pay-legal-fees-99243664.html

A reliable source told KGW that investigators learned of the $350,000 through a text message that Terri had sent to Mike Cook. Detectives were searching through Cook's messages as part of the investigation after they learned that he had a sexual relationship with Terri during the search for Kyron. A court motion stated that police said Terri "sexted" Cook hundreds of times and also sent him several photographs of herself "in various stages of undress and graphic sexual activity."

http://www.kgw.com/news/Kaine-Horman-seeks-to-make-Terri-pay-legal-fees-99243664.html

I think you might be confused, the comment you are quoting was in response to my question about a different MSM article, that talked about jail records and Houze... we (or at least I) know where the $350,000 came in, the discussion was about the $250,000 allegedly quoted to a potential client.

I am sorry if that confused you.

Well it is on a sworn and signed motion by an Officer of the Court. I think that is the best we are going to get for now.

And it is apparent that Terri's attorney doesn't want any of this to be proven in a court of law until any possible criminal charges are completed. That is a real red flag. If none of it is true why worry?

If the contempt hearing goes forward in September then the info will come out with regards to what Michael has stated.

I believe what Michael has stated with regards to the pictures, texting, goggling etc., my point is that LE has never publically addressed this with the public.

Terri is/was a legal guardian so that may or may not give her as much right to sell pics of Kyron but I would think it would be too gray of an area for anyone to purchase pics from her and not have to worry about repercussions. Besides why would anyone pay her tons of money for pics of a little boy that are all over out there. Like why buy the cow when you get the milk for free.

I really think someone else hired an attorney for Terri. I really think they just paid a retainer not an amount that includes trial. They don't even know there will be one. I don't believe in 350,000 unless Houze told Terri it COULD end up being that much if she is charged and they go to court and it drags on etc.

BBM

Terri is Kyron's legal guardian?

We are not on the same page. My post is with regards to an article WW has regarding a lawyer indicating what Houser was claiming to charge a potential client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper