2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If LE actually had proof that TH lied about her whereabouts with cell phone records that actually verified that, combined with 2 alleged failed poly's, LE would have her in custody, at the very least for obstruction. IMO, I think it's more likely the poly's were inconclusive - LE has suspicions and they're using the media to apply pressure hoping to extract a confession from her - but what if she isn't the real perp??

JMHO~

Oh that is not true at all.

Ok folks, KISS: KEEP IT STUPID SIMPLE

1. SM resented stepchild
2. planned for months how to get rid of him
3. maybe even had a few trial runs
4. take non-descript car to school extra early {check}
5. make sure a few people see you with stepson {check}
6. create confusion about dr. appt {check}
7. snap alibi pic {check}
8.leave shortly after 8am with stepson, few people around {check}
9.call school re: when to pick up science display, no questions about stepson being absent, all is well {check}
10.go to SI, complete the deed {check}
11.run some errands [check}
12.go home wash your cloths {check}
13.post alibi pic on FB {check}
14.meet school bus....WHAT no stepson
15.Fake grief: {Big Fail}
16.forgetting to turn off cellphone: {priceless}
17.hitting the gym and posting on facebook: {relief}

1. We don't know whether or not she resented Kyron. There are, however, many people on record stating she was good with kids and a good and loving stepmother.

The Facebook stuff about his genes and she doesn't even ask anymore (re: the picture). IMHO, that is normal stuff. My kids do goofy things all the time and I always say, "That's from their father's side." It's a joke, though. It could've been for her as well.

2. Where is the evidence supporting the assertion that she planned to get rid of him? She watched crime shows and read a book. The book is problematic, but it could also be cyclical in terms of interests (re: she read the book because shows and stories like that interest her). I watched CSI for years. I'm interested in the Holocaust. I read about missing children on the Internet.

3. No proof of this whatsoever.

4. It was her husband's truck. It's not as if she rented it specifically for that day. My husband and I trade off vehicles occasionally. We have a large, gas guzzling SUV and a smaller sports car. There have been times he needed the truck or when I was driving a long distance and didn't want to take my truck so I took his car. There are reasonable explanations for this sort of thing.

5. The bottom line is that people did see her! So, at least this part is true, in that she was there with Kyron.

6. There's no evidence that she created confusion. There are, however, logical reasons for why she may have mentioned a doctor's appointment a week in advance, especially with bio mom and bio dad's statement about Kyron having a difficult time listening to his teachers. There was some sort of issue there that could very well be related to that doctor's appointment.

7. She did snap a picture, again, only proving she was there.

8. Except witnesses said they saw her well after 8:00 a.m., closer to 8:45 a.m.

9. She called the school to find out about the display. So she intentionally created confusion about the doctor's appointment so that no one would realize he was missing, the school hasn't or become concerned about Kyron's absence, and so she calls the school to possibly alert them or to attempt to ascertain if they've noticed his absence yet? I thought the whole point of her creating confusion was so that no one would notice he was absent? Why would she potentially alert them?

10. So she calmly calls the school about the science fair project while an injured or dead Kyron is in the truck with her? Even experienced murderers would be on an unnatural high. Whatever emotion or response, if she killed him, there was one. I doubt she'd be in the right frame of mind to call the school while she's got an injured or dead Kyron in the truck with her.

11. Run some errands.

12. Kaine came home for work around noon, if I'm not mistaken. We know he came home at some point because he was there with Terri and baby K to meet the school bus. Do you really think she'd risk coming home wearing her clothes when she knew Kaine would be coming home from work after his morning meetings or whatever took him into the office that day. Also, anyone whose spouse has irregular hours, knows that meetings are cancelled or changed or whatever. I doubt she'd risk going home after she supposedly committed the deed.

13. She posted a lot of pictures on Facebook. This is not that out of the ordinary, IMHO. If this was the ONLY picture of Kyron on Facebook, then my eyebrows would be at my hairline.

14. Again, this is normal behavior, so this alone isn't that telling for me. Is she supposed to not meet the school bus? That would have been infinitely more telling. "Nah, let's not meet the bus today, I have this feeling Kyron's not going to be on it."

Also, this is something that keeps me on the fence about Terri -- she called the school, NOT assuming there would be an emergency. This would've been such an easy thing to do wrong, but IMHO, this is a very normal, non-involved reaction. She called the school assuming he'd missed the bus or something; she didn't immediately call police "assuming" there was some sort of emergency.

15. People grieve differently. Whether or not Terri harmed Kyron, I'm sure she feels guilty.

16. I don't understand this comment.

17. Admittedly odd, but Kaine also went to the gym, and apparently the gym was something of a rally point. Also, there have been several teen girls who have gone missing in our area (mostly runaways), and the parents have posted alerts and updates of sightings on Facebook. It's a great tool to get the word out. If Terri was very involved on Facebook, this might be a reasonable albeit odd tool for her to use.

I think there are reasonable explanations for Terri's behavior, and that there is no smoking gun here -- maybe some oddness, maybe some things I'd do differently or wouldn't do at all, but nothing that screams murderer to me. Not yet, anyway.

Can someone take a gps unit off one car and put it on another?

Depends on the type of GPS - my husband has a small portable unit that can be used pretty much anywhere whereas my dad's car has an integrated GPS system that is permanently attached to the vehicle. A portable unit can also be turned off when not in use.

When I just checked my facebook account I noticed that next to some people's updates there is a cell phone or blackberry icon showing how they had posted so I am positive that they are able to determine where TH posted her updates from.

I have a motorola cliq. When I access facebook through my phone it says via motoblur but if I access it through the FB program on my phone it says via 'mobile phone'. I am not sure why the difference but I am pretty sure that is exclusive to my clic. I have seen 'via Iphone', and 'facebook for android' on there also (to clarify not from my phone but from those types of phones)

I would not take anything discussed on the Nancy Grace or Jane Velez-Mitchell show as fact unless it is verified somewhere else. It's amazing to me how many things they get wrong.

When I just checked my facebook account I noticed that next to some people's updates there is a cell phone or blackberry icon showing how they had posted so I am positive that they are able to determine where TH posted her updates from.

With regard to Facebook and cell phone/iPod updating -- you have to install an app on your phone or iPod when posting from either device (I have both) to Facebook. You have to have the app to post, and when you post from a device that is not a computer (read: a cell phone or an iPod) the cell/blackberry icon appears next to the post.

Oh that is not true at all.

I have to agree. LE knows that it would be next to impossible for TH to leave the area - if they truly see her as the #1 POI at this time I'm sure that they are tracking her movements pretty closely. There's a better chance of her slipping up and giving more information about Kyron's disappearance if she was involved if she is free and not in jail.

I have a hard time reconciling the Terry savvy enough to plan this abduction but not savvy enough to realize there were cameras filming her where she would eventually dispose of Kyron's body. Traffic cams are easy to spot. She was not new to this area, and it stands to reason that if she did plan this, she scoped out where she would dump his body.

If her cell phone pinged off the island and she said she wasn't there, if she was caught on a surveillance camera entering and exiting the island and she said she wasn't there, and if there is a plethora of other, overwhelming evidence against her, then she could at least be charged with obstruction of justice.

I'm leaning toward LE's case centering on the cell phone pings and maybe one or two other minor-ish inconsistencies, perhaps even her demeanor and actions subsequent Kyron missing.

A second polygraph test doesn't mean she was caught in a lie; perhaps she wasn't, LE was surprised, and she was brought in again for more specific questioning. Whether or not she did this, I don't believe LE has much evidence. I truly believe there is a lot of playing hunches and minor-ish inconsistencies in her story. IMHO, though, if there was a smoking gun or if she had been caught in case-breaking lies, LE would've arrested her on obstruction of justice.

Jails are filled with dumb criminals.

Focus on stepmoms cell phone records:
http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

CNN transcript from Nancy Grace discussing the cell phone, ping, the search, and that the husband has moved out of the home.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/29/ng.01.html

Seattle Weekly Blog: (Facebook Status)
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_implicate.php

Seattle Weekly Blog: (She lied to investigators)
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_now_main.php

While a couple of the sites are blog's (I know what you are thinking, because I was thinking the same thing) they appear to be very reliable and the news they print had to come from some place. I will continue looking so that I can find better sources.

Thanks James, I have been thinking all along that the cell ping info was a guess by investigators who were not even on this case. Just their opinions. I guess I better read some more.

Went through all those links and couldn't find anything saying cell phone pings were confirmed by LE involved in this case. In fact they say afatk none of the investigators who said this are connected to this case. It was just a guess.

10. So she calmly calls the school about the science fair project while an injured or dead Kyron is in the truck with her? Even experienced murderers would be on an unnatural high. Whatever emotion or response, if she killed him, there was one. I doubt she'd be in the right frame of mind to call the school while she's got an injured or dead Kyron in the truck with her.

So she called the school, when?? Why didn't they tell her um.. by the way he hasn't been here all day?

If her pings matched where she said she was, would there be a problem???

The errands that day she said she went, perhaps video didn't match up???

Good reason for LE & family to have doubts, no? From friends & TH's father, it confirms LE is looking at SM. It seems obvious to me SM's story is not matching her story... I believe the ping story, it makes sense LE would investigate this...come on. If everything she said matched...I seriously doubt the family would turn the way they did. But of course LE won't confirm "anything" until an arrest.

I have to agree. LE knows that it would be next to impossible for TH to leave the area - if they truly see her as the #1 POI at this time I'm sure that they are tracking her movements pretty closely. There's a better chance of her slipping up and giving more information about Kyron's disappearance if she was involved if she is free and not in jail.

Exactly and when you arrest and charge someone in sets in motion the legal process leading up to a trial. Why jump the gun if they have time on their side to get all the evidence they need.

Maybe Terri had nothing to do with it; however, she is hiding something. If she told the police what was up and what she was doing and it had nothing to do with Kyron, the focus would be taken off of her and put back on finding Kyron.

So she called the school, when?? Why didn't they tell her um.. by the way he hasn't been here all day?

We haven't heard that she called the school. There are rumours that she e-mailed the school asking when the science projects could be picked up but those rumours have not been confirmed.

Wait-- TH called the school? During the day of his disappearance??

Jails are filled with dumb criminals.

But the level of premeditation and sociopathy associated with this abduction and possible murder doesn't lead me to believe the person who committed it is dumb. After all, it's been three weeks, and Kyron hasn't been found. Someone was smart enough.

She didn't call the school. There was an email sent from her to the teacher about when she would pick up the IB project. It is unsubstantiated. Wait, not unsubstantiated, LE said 'no comment'.

IIRC, she emailed the teacher asking when she should pick up the science project.

I'll find link.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsGriss