2010.07.01 - Source: Terri Horman lied to investigators

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If her pings matched where she said she was, would there be a problem???

The errands that day she said she went, perhaps video didn't match up???

Good reason for LE & family to have doubts, no? From friends & TH's father, it confirms LE is looking at SM. It seems obvious to me SM's story is not matching her story... I believe the ping story, it makes sense LE would investigate this...come on. If everything she said matched...I seriously doubt the family would turn the way they did. But of course LE won't confirm "anything" until an arrest.

Cell phone pings do make sense, but I'm wondering where they got the probable cause from so they could get the cell phone records. Or did Kaine/Terri give LE the records?

With regard to Facebook and cell phone/iPod updating -- you have to install an app on your phone or iPod when posting from either device (I have both) to Facebook. You have to have the app to post, and when you post from a device that is not a computer (read: a cell phone or an iPod) the cell/blackberry icon appears next to the post.

Yeah, I'm aware of all that, but I was saying there may be another way I'm not sure. Doesn't have to be a mobile device?

Focus on stepmoms cell phone records:
http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

CNN transcript from Nancy Grace discussing the cell phone, ping, the search, and that the husband has moved out of the home.
http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/29/ng.01.html

Seattle Weekly Blog: (Facebook Status)
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_implicate.php

Seattle Weekly Blog: (She lied to investigators)
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2010/06/kyron_hormans_stepmom_now_main.php

While a couple of the sites are blog's (I know what you are thinking, because I was thinking the same thing) they appear to be very reliable and the news they print had to come from some place. I will continue looking so that I can find better sources.

The problem is - not one source regarding the cell phone pings came from LE - yes, 5 supposed people connected to LE but is that really enough to for us to speculate on or to base guilt on? moo

But the level of premeditation and sociopathy associated with this abduction and possible murder doesn't lead me to believe the person who committed it is dumb. After all, it's been three weeks, and Kyron hasn't been found. Someone was smart enough.

Yes, and they would have several hours to figure out what to do and where to go. My concern is that if he was simply put in the Multnomah Channel could he have washed downstream into the Columbia? I don't know how the channel waters move, if much at all. Oregon waterways can often be semi-stagnant like the Tualatin River. EeeeWWwwww

Cell phone pings do make sense, but I'm wondering where they got the probable cause from so they could get the cell phone records. Or did Kaine/Terri give LE the records?

Hi Eyes, the family has always said they were cooperating and LE has supported this even towards SM. IMO to discount the pings is assume LE and the FBI forgot that "most" important detail.

Yeah, I'm aware of all that, but I was saying there may be another way I'm not sure. Doesn't have to be a mobile device?

You can update with something like an iPod touch that is not your normal cellular device but it still requires the app, although it updates as a cellular device (there is an icon). Anything except a laptop that updates wirelessly would, as far as I know, require the app and so there would be a tell when posting that the update is from a wireless device. So, either she updated from a wireless device and there is an icon denoting a wireless update, or she updated from a desktop or laptop.

Thanks James, I have been thinking all along that the cell ping info was a guess by investigators who were not even on this case. Just their opinions. I guess I better read some more.

Went through all those links and couldn't find anything saying cell phone pings were confirmed by LE involved in this case. In fact they say afatk none of the investigators who said this are connected to this case. It was just a guess.

Yes, and we don't even know if she had a cell phone.

The problem is - not one source regarding the cell phone pings came from LE - yes, 5 supposed people connected to LE but is that really enough to for us to speculate on or to base guilt on? moo

I stand corrected, I have modified my post. Sometimes emotion takes over, this is such a sad case. I just want them to find Kyron.

James

From the beginning, I've never ruled out the possibility Terri was set-up for this crime. Information she had about the school, Kyron's project and the times, lack of security etc. could all be information used by someone else. That's why I ask about switching GPS, cell phones, pings, etc. For some reason I am unable to rule that possibility out.

And, if I were on a jury right now, asked to say guilty or innocent - I could not do it with the information I have. moo

Hi Eyes, the family has always said they were cooperating and LE has supported this even towards SM. IMO to discount the pings is assume LE and the FBI forgot that "most" important detail.

Oh, in no way am I discounting them. I'm wondering how LE got a hold of the info. I'm wondering if I should hold cell phone pings up there with DNA evidence. I'm wondering if someone could have switched phones. I'm wondering why she would lie about something so obvious. and bla bla bla. moo mhho

I'm really hoping TH and her attorney are considering an interview......

From the beginning, I've never ruled out the possibility Terri was set-up for this crime. Information she had about the school, Kyron's project and the times, lack of security etc. could all be information used by someone else. That's why I ask about switching GPS, cell phones, pings, etc. For some reason I am unable to rule that possibility out.

And, if I were on a jury right now, asked to say guilty or innocent - I could not do it with the information I have. moo

I agree with you and James Vic - we have ZERO concrete information, lots of speculation, guesses, based on what we've seen, rumors, how we think we'd react etc...

What I believe is, that if you turn the cell off, but battery is still in it, it can be tracked. Battery may have to be physically removed to not have a traceable track.

Yes, and we don't even know if she had a cell phone.

Right. Where did the cell ping info come from anyway? I don't recall LE ever coming out with it.

Either way (IMO), something is going on with TH. LE knows it, and now so does Kyron's family. The divorce, the RO, the PC with the family asking TH to give up info on Kyron...I have a hard time reasoning how TH could be innocent now, so I won't even bother.

Cell ping location accuracy depends on the amount of towers in the area and the type of antenna each tower has. There aren't any towers on Sauvie Island but there are a lot of them close by, especially east and southeast. The more towers they can use to locate her pings, the more it doesn't matter if there is an issue with any one of the towers. You can just use different groups of towers to re-check the location and throw out the outlier, like you would in any experiment. They could be very confident she was not where she said she was after she left the school that Friday.

Exactly. They run a diameter from each cell tower pinged and the circles that overlap are going to be the high probability areas.

The below link is a great example on how a ping map is made. Scroll down to see the map. The yellow area is a high probability area.

http://www.johnspira.com/

Another thing to remember is if TH has a fairly new phone, it should have GPS on it. No way No how that info is going to be an error.

What I believe is, that if you turn the cell off, but battery is still in it, it can be tracked. Battery may have to be physically removed to not have a traceable track.

That is correct.

Do we know why LE has focused so much attention on Terri?

As far as I know it is because she was the last one to see him. There were reports early on that she was seen leaving the school without him and he was seen after she left but LE says now that know onesaw him after she left.

Other than that I haven't found a single bit of evidence other than possibly inconclusive poly's.

ETA and the poly's don't count because we don't know that she showed any deception on either one. They may just have had some more questions the second time around.

I can't believe the frustration of this case is making us go round in circles, asking the same questions we were all asking almost 30 days ago...babysitter, errands, cell phone pings...and we have NO more information than we did in those early days. That is even harder to believe. At the time, it seemed clear we would soon learn her itinerary for the day, etc. just like we usually hear in other cases. We would hear it from her, even.

And yet here we are...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back