2010.07.07 - Ann Rule weighs in

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I must be the only reader here who is not a fan of Ann Rule's books...:(
but that is just me.

"We are fascinated with it and horrified by it at the same time, and of course in Oregon its 1983 now but when Diane Downs shot her three children that was, people were just obsessed with finding out what had happened, and I think that's the case here."

This is one messed up sentence. It's 1983 in Oregon. What?

Thanks for posting that. I thought I had finally gone off the deep end, as everyone else seemed to understand that. LOL!

YAY! Im 18 again.....finally a do over!:crazy:

Been a long time since I read the book about Dianne Downs and did not realize it was in Oregon...........that case haunted me and still does to this day. She was something else.:banghead:

Not an Ann fan either but I certainly don't begrudge her success. Once in San Antonio she was signing books at a Barnes & Noble and, since, yes, I do own a couple, I thought, "Maybe if I went late there won't be a line." So I checked out the parking lot about fifteen minutes before closing and....the line was still at least a city block long. That's success.

I feel maybe she should have waited a little bit to see how this all pans out.There just might be a different POI real soon.

OK so she is a great writer YES.
OK so when the landscaper came up with the "Murder for hire" story my ears perked up and my eyes widened too.
and Yes anyone who is capable to hire anyone to murder can also arrange an abduction.

What bothers me a lot is that the substitute teacher told a child who notice Kyron missing to "calm down, he just may be in the bathroom" and then she herself (substitute) left the class. AND NOBODY CALLED HOME AFTER THE ATTENDENCE. that is insane.
This has been bothering me from the start. I still want to know where did the teacher go, and has she been interviewed.
I still will not point at Kyron's step mom just because there is a lot that points to her.
Ann Rue did NOT lend a new perspective at all. And I am not jumping on any ban wagon.

Thats if the little boy was even correct. Personally i dont think he was bearing in mind the police have said he was last seen with Terri.

MOO

WOW, How exciting to know that Ann Rule has been studying the case since day one! I wonder if she knows about WS? lol

heheh.. mind-meld! I just came in to add basically the same thing.
If Ann Rule thinks it's bizzare.. well, the rest of us are down the rabbit hole! :D

I enjoy Ann Rule's books a lot! And she is very kind. I used to be on a library board and emailed her for a recipe for a book we were creating to raise funds. She sent her chili recipe. :)

Her book about the bank robber who lived in a tree house has stuck with me for a long time. I can't remember the title.

I do hope she will stay on this case and write more comments about it even though she may not write a whole book. I think it is fascinating how she said "
"I do think that she is the suspect." Why? "Say she hated her husband and was angry and resentful at him for some reason, and how can you hurt someone more than to take their child away. And I think it's all connected."<snipped from article>
The End Of The Dream is the name of the book about the bank robber. One of my favorites!!! I have read every book ever written by Ann Rule. She is the goddess! LOL

I too hope she will stay on the case and I believe 100% she will since this case is in Oregon.

WOW, How exciting to know that Ann Rule has been studying the case since day one! I wonder if she knows about WS? lol

"...but I have the feeling it's right on the edge of exploding," Rule told KOIN reporter Araksya Karapetyan. "...She seems to be certainly narcissist possibly sociopathic. They usually go hand in hand."..."I do think that she is the suspect." Why? "Say she hated her husband and was angry and resentful at him for some reason, and how can you hurt someone more than to take their child away. And I think it's all connected."
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...n-case-I-have-the/TED_cXMFckKYXIXvWJkXnw.cspx

Certainly sounds like it. :angel:

:truce: in advance.

I feel maybe she should have waited a little bit to see how this all pans out.There just might be a different POI real soon.
I don't know Ann Rule. However, I'm a fan! She won't write a book about a case unless it is resolved. If this is ever resolved; I am confident she will read this story. For Kyron...justice for Kyron!

Although Ann Rule isn't my fave author, she's up there!! And the amount of time and energy spent delving into crime and those involved really lends her expertise IMO. You can't poo-poo Ann Rule. Unless you know what it takes, what kind of research, etc., it takes to write a book? Especially on crime? And years of it? Yeah... glad she's piped in!

Big AR fan here... like reading her insights.

**inserts own fan dealings: years ago I bought one of her books and the printing was bad halfway through it, so I shot off a letter to her about it and within a week, I kid you not, UPS stopped by with a package: she (or her people) had the publisher send me a new copy, as well as a complimentary print of her newest book, at the time. This lady truly values her readers...

I like some of her books but they seem to always be EXTREMELY one-sided.
The murderer or bad party is the devil incarnate (which they may well be) but the other party is an angel-sent-from-heaven even when she lists their flaws such as cheating, operating medically illegaly, etc....
And she is also BAD about talking about how this person is "so attractive" and this one is not....yeah it gets old.

I don't know Ann Rule. However, I'm a fan! She won't write a book about a case unless it is resolved. If this is ever resolved; I am confident she will read this story. For Kyron...justice for Kyron!
I agree.I really like her alot too.

OK so she is a great writer YES.
OK so when the landscaper came up with the "Murder for hire" story my ears perked up and my eyes widened too.
and Yes anyone who is capable to hire anyone to murder can also arrange an abduction.

What bothers me a lot is that the substitute teacher told a child who notice Kyron missing to "calm down, he just may be in the bathroom" and then she herself (substitute) left the class. AND NOBODY CALLED HOME AFTER THE ATTENDENCE. that is insane.
This has been bothering me from the start. I still want to know where did the teacher go, and has she been interviewed.
I still will not point at Kyron's step mom just because there is a lot that points to her.
Ann Rue did NOT lend a new perspective at all. And I am not jumping on any ban wagon.

Well, this is what Kyrons classmate (TP) says the teacher said. I, being naive I guess, assume that LE has either confirmed OR debunked what went on in that classroom and when it was noted Kyron wasn't there, who said what, whether or not there was a "sub" or it was a parent volunteer, or perhaps a teachers aide/student teacher, etc.
In my opinion (opinion only) we are far past the happenings of that AM as to who is suspect. The details, on the other hand, I'm betting will be quite fascinating.

I like some of her books but they seem to always be EXTREMELY one-sided.
The murderer or bad party is the devil incarnate (which they may well be) but the other party is an angel-sent-from-heaven even when she lists their flaws such as cheating, operating medically illegaly, etc....
And she is also BAD about talking about how this person is "so attractive" and this one is not....yeah it gets old.

I can totally appreciate what you are saying. Hence, she's not my favorite author, but I appreciate her expertise in the research involved in novels. My guess? You have to have a yin with the yang to grab a reader's interest. Unfortunately, being at WS, one learns the complexities of family dynamics so it's over the top sometimes.... I totally understand what you are saying!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back