2010.07.19 Defense is Investigating George

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What I find relevant in mitigation is the fact that Casey knew JoJo would be devastated and did not give a hoot..this will backfire.. your client caused the death that casued the pain. IMO

I just read your posting of this in Today's Current News - and my thoughts are:

IS THIS MAN ON DRUGS???????? :furious:

I am beginning to think that they all live in some alternate reality! The whole bunch of them!

I'm scratching my head here. According to Baez IF KC is convicted, the jury needs to know about George's suicide attempt because it will show:

"The loss of Caylee and the pain it has caused the family is very relevant to mitigation," Baez said.

So the jury is supposed to feel sorry for KC because her father attempted to commit suicide BECAUSE he knew his daughter killed his granddaughter? Oh yes, as a juror that would sure make me feel sorry for KC - NOT!

What kind of bizarre rationale is that? It's like the old cliche of the man who killed his parents and than asked for mercy because he was an orphan!

I'm scratching my head here. According to Baez IF KC is convicted, the jury needs to know about George's suicide attempt because it will show:

"The loss of Caylee and the pain it has caused the family is very relevant to mitigation," Baez said.

So the jury is supposed to feel sorry for KC because her father attempted to commit suicide BECAUSE he knew his daughter killed his granddaughter? Oh yes, as a juror that would sure make me feel sorry for KC - NOT!

What kind of bizarre rationale is that? It's like the old cliche of the man who killed his parents and than asked for mercy because he was an orphan![/QUOTE]

That is the perfect saying for this situation just perfect thanks..

I don't disagree with you Steely Dan, except from what I've read - disciplining a sociopath just makes them go under ground, so to speak, and refine their manipulation techniques. Yes, I do agree accountability may have helped ICA to be more socially acceptable. Psych help? I think that's a pretty split vote out there among the professionals.

Actually disciplining a sociopath makes them escalate their actions. They are determined to win any and all power plays.

Baez said George Anthony's suicide attempt may convince a jury to spare his client's life because it shows how Caylee's death has affected the family.

Baez said he plans to prove Casey Anthony's innocence, but added that he must prepare for the worst-case scenario.

Above snipped from: http://www.clickorlando.com/news/24321817/detail.html

So my interpretation of this statement is:

A. He is expecting his client to be convicted and

B. GA may try and kill himself if she is sentenced to death, so please spare her life

What kind of bizarre rationale is that? It's like the old cliche of the man who killed his parents and than asked for mercy because he was an orphan![/QUOTE]

That is the perfect saying for this situation just perfect thanks..

heh! nobody said the Defense SPIN made sense, right?
They just throw something out there, and hope the public (potential jurors and especially GEORGE) are too dim witted to catch on to what they are really doing.
Not only does it not make any sense that the jury needs to hear about George's suicide attempt to "feel sorry" for Inmate Anthony and not give her the death penalty .... but it makes no sense that it was necessary to pay a private investigator a load of $$$$ to investigate George's suicide attempt.

Baez said George Anthony's suicide attempt may convince a jury to spare his client's life because it shows how Caylee's death has affected the family.

Baez said he plans to prove Casey Anthony's innocence, but added that he must prepare for the worst-case scenario.

B. GA may try and kill himself if she is sentenced to death, so please spare her life

So, is the defense private investigator going to be paid more $$$$$$$ to seriously investigate Cindy and Lee and the grandparents, simply to show how Caylee's death has affected them also? After all, Cindy also said she wanted to commit suicide.

Actually disciplining a sociopath makes them escalate their actions. They are determined to win any and all power plays.

Oh this all makes me so sad.

Of them all, George is the one who had a real, human, physical reaction to the mere thought of Caylee's death at Casey's hand.

Lee: :detective::laughbig:
Cindy: :cursing::steamed:
KC: :bateyes:
GA: :puke:

GA retched during questioning, recalling the smell of the car and linking it emotionally to Caylee's disappearance/death. Does not mean he had anything to do with it. In fact if he were brute enough to partake in the murder or assist in the disposal, he would be brute enough not to barf when led back through the events of those days.

And now his human reactions, his emotionally stunted attempts to elicit a response from KC (Why... Why... Why destroy Caylee) are going to be used to bury him under a dungheap of insinuation and accusation.

:furious:

Nope Lee is marching in lockstep with his mother. Lee's testimony at the hearing on the 15th pretty much made his intentions clear and where his loyalty is. It's not with Caylee and certainly not with his father.

He said I love you to the one accusing him of molestation, rape, incest.

BBM ~

Where did you read/hear that KC accused Lee of rape/incest? I remember someone telling LE that he would go into her room and look at her and uncover and look at her breasts. It creeped her out and she said she finally stood up to him. That accusation is weird enough itself but I missed the rape part. Is it true that KC accused him of raping her?

May be o/t ~ I feel this is the last straw for me. If I had to pick one person in this case who would never harm Caylee,it would be George.He loved that baby with his whole being. I also could never see George (dont hang me) as leaning towards pedophile actions! Many times brothers and sisters will "play Dr." around age 10-12.that could be k and L.I had two cousins who did,this was many years ago.This family is so out of it they are ready to try anything,not stopping to figure the consequences.If ANY were to help kc,afterwords it would be LA.IMO. I think I am just so sick of their carp!!!!! B. better get his act together and plead for mercy.Dont try to blame this on some other person!!! there is none. He is going to find himself going into court with no defense. He cannot change black to white :banghead:

No wonder everyone is leaving the defense team..

Oh this all makes me so sad.

Of them all, George is the one who had a real, human, physical reaction to the mere thought of Caylee's death at Casey's hand.

Lee: :laughbig:
Cindy: :cursing::steamed:
KC: :bateyes:
GA: :puke:

GA retched during questioning, recalling the smell of the car and linking it emotionally to Caylee's disappearance/death. Does not mean he had anything to do with it. In fact if he were brute enough to partake in the murder or assist in the disposal, he would be brute enough not to barf when led back through the events of those days.

And now his human reactions, his emotionally stunted attempts to elicit a response from KC (Why... Why... Why destroy Caylee) are going to be used to bury him under a dungheap of insinuation and accusation.

:furious:
MMMmmmm, not necessarily. Robert Blake barfed on the street outside the restaurant where he shot his wife, IIRC:waitasec:

May be o/t ~ I feel this is the last straw for me. If I had to pick one person in this case who would never harm Caylee,it would be George.He loved that baby with his whole being. I also could never see George (dont hang me) as leaning towards pedophile actions!..
Your post edited for brevity.

I agree completely, GA would never harm Caylee IMO. I don't think anyone in that family except KC is capable of harming her either. CA... She IMO, would never physically harm her, but by virtue of being in her presence, would have done immense damage.

Baez told WESH 2, "We're obligated to investigate everything."

"The loss of Caylee and the pain it has caused the family is very relevant to mitigation," Baez said."

Looking at JB's above statement just shows what a poor, poor excuse of a lawyer he really is. Any lawyer worth his salt would have said, "In the unlikely event that we get to a mitigation phase", or " In the one in a million chance"..... This is what a lawyer would say if he was totally convinced of his client's innocence. imo

MMMmmmm, not necessarily. Robert Blake barfed on the street outside the restaurant where he shot his wife, IIRC:waitasec:

OK that one I didn't know! :croc::blushing:

Has the defense really had GA in their back pocket all this time then? If so, why RK, JG, etc etc in the SODDI line?

"The loss of Caylee and the pain it has caused the family is very relevant to mitigation," Baez said."

Looking at JB's above statement just shows what a poor, poor excuse of a lawyer he really is. Any lawyer worth his salt would have said, "In the unlikely event that we get to a mitigation phase", or " In the one in a million chance"..... This is what a lawyer would say if he was totally convinced of his client's innocence. imo
Well, for the first time, he's publically admitted he is preparing for the sentencing phase, so yeah, he is prepared to lose. Mark Geragos in contrast said, "My client is 100% stone cold innocent".

So, is the defense private investigator going to be paid more $$$$$$$ to seriously investigate Cindy and Lee and the grandparents, simply to show how Caylee's death has affected them also? After all, Cindy also said she wanted to commit suicide.

What got me was in his bill the PI put down that he was canvassing the area. For what????? Canvassing area sounds like a justification for billing extra hours. GA got a motel room and shut the door, what in the world is there to cavass. And those police reports, you mean JB could not have requested them at a cost much less than the PI???? Oh, of course, JB is busy with depos....... jmo

It is normal for the defense to attempt to cast doubt in hopes of raising the question of 'reasonable doubt', and in the guilt phase it may help mitigate the defendant's sentence.

However, GA did nothing, prior to Casey's admitting that she had not seen Caley for 30 days, that could be seen as guilt stemming from participation in the murder itself, or the alleged abuse of the defendant, Casey A.

The defense is just pointing fingers, and will continue to do so, through out the trial, in hopes of tainting the jury with the possibility that 'some unnamed person' killed Caley, providing the jury with reasonable doubt. If the defense is successful, which hopefully they will not be, Casey could receive a life sentence, or go free.

Yep, agreed. And add this one:

Casey's Defense Investigates George Anthony
Baez Says Team Must 'Investigate Everything'

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/24328486/detail.html

My interpretation: She will be found guilty, so we're working more on mitigating factors to spare her life....before her trial has even started.
JMO

Well, for the first time, he's publically admitted he is preparing for the sentencing phase, so yeah, he is prepared to lose. Mark Geragos in contrast said, "My client is 100% stone cold innocent".

Well, Baez could at the very least say of his client, "my client is 100% stone cold..." and then just kind of trail off and look heroically into the sunset.

But LinasK I agree, and while any defense lawyer worth her/his salt should be prepared for the potential guilty verdict, should they telegraph their belly-up stance this early?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89
Back