2010.07.26 - Kyron Horman case featured on Dateline

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What part of the story isn't the same between them? Maybe I am lost here..:waitasec:

DY says he had an affair behind her back and broke up with her. He says they had mutually agreed to split beforehand. IMO, DY is telling the truth about this.

Unpopular opinion ahead, but if Terri had nothing to do with Kyron's disappearance and assumed he'd wandered off or that there had been a mix-up but he would be found quickly, then it might make sense for Terri to wonder why Desiree would rush to Portland. This attitude actually supports the notion that Terri is innocent, IMHO, because she didn't automatically jump to worst case scenario, which she would've done if she'd known he was dead.

What if Kyron's visits to Desiree's weren't as frequent as we're being led to believe, and what if Desiree and Tony weren't quite as involved in Kyron's life as many assume. It might explain why Terri may have been surprised that Desiree would suddenly drop everything, especially if that wasn't her usual MO when dealing with Kyron.

Sorry, but I disagree. Even if Terri was totally innocent and knew nothing, they had just found out that he was missing. Desiree is his mom, regardless of how often he visited (which I believe was as often as they say it was, why lie?), and there's no reason she WOULDN'T come to Portland right then and there.

DY also made it very clear that she asked if TH was there, and then called TH on her cell phone. Why didn't she ask if KH was there...and call him on his cell phone (whether or not he was there)?

That, if anything else, seems odd to me, considering how DY has maintained her dislike of TH-but she calls TH and not KH during this crisis? (not bashing, just curious).

TH was the stay at home parent and likely that last to see hm.

As a mother myself I would immediately need to talk to the person who last saw my child. I would immediately need to know everything I could.

I don't think I'd pause for a nanosecond to think about personal drama or strained relationships. I'd make the call and find out whatever I could as quickly as I could.

I think that as a legal stepparent she does have rights. It is different in every state but a perfect example is in VA you can be awarded costudy of your step children.

What is a legal stepparent? Sorry have never heard that before.
A legal adoption by a stepparent is all I have heard of before..

Hoping someone will be narrating what happens on Dateline tonight! I've been over ruled by wrestling..:sick:

I believe you may be able to watch it online. Check and see. I find I'm watching TV less and less and reading newspapers less and less because I can find more and more online -- and it's at my convenience!

Look up Dateline online and see what you can find.

Other option: can you record the show on DVR/VCR to watch later tonight -- without commercials, of course.:dance:

The facts are going to come out. Better that they come out of the mouths of the parents than to have it tabloidish. IMO it puts it takes some of the wind out of the sails of these rumors.

I mostly agree with you here as it directly pertains to the relationships between all those directly involved; however, it would help if the stories were the same. I am reading along so I may be mistaken, but it seems like Desiree said Kaine cheated, while Kaine is asserting that they were already broken up when he and Terri got together. Conflicting accounts don't help at all in this case.

Yep, noticed that too, "graphic sexual activity". That means more than just naked photos folks, she was actually engaged in some graphic activity on more than one occasion, apparently-they said 'hundreds' of texts and pics. Goes towards mindset, her mind was on stuff like this JUST THREE WEEKS after Kyron goes missing. Disgusting.

BBM

Not only so soon after Kyron is missing, but just days after she has a RO that says she can't come in contact with her OWN child, Baby K. She's missing Baby K so much that she is sexting and sending photos of herself engaged in graphic sexual activity to MC????

That tells me that she isn't missing Baby K (or Kyron) as much as we thought she would.

Yes, Etilema, this info has been discussed on WS on several different threads. I believe BeanE has it all collected very nicely in the timeline on the main page for Ky.

UNTIL DY specifically said in one of her interviews with Kaine that she and Terri were NOT friends, the "bizarre" and "detailed, specific story" you mention was perceived to be true for quite a while after it was first published in The Oregonian on, I believe the second Saturday Ky was missing. It sounded fishy to me from the beginning. Just sayin'...

I'm so glad the truth has been coming out about DY and TH, especially because I felt DY was getting a bum rap for a long time because of being reported to "be long term friends" with someone like Terri.

There are facts, links to back all this up right on our website.

And, please know that my disdain for TH is MOO and that I've had that opinion about her for a long time. There has never really been a fence for me to sit on -- although I have :banghead: a LOT over this and other erroneous info repeated and repeated in this case.

Wasn't this a story from Terri's mom?

DY said that they got together while she was 8 months pregnant (basically he cheated)

KH said that they were already broken up and just living in the same house when he started his relationship w/ TH.

(above is paraphrased)

I'm guessing it's what you alluded to earlier -- he's embarrassed about it. Probably has stuck with the same story since the day the affair was discovered and isn't going to change it now. :snooty:

Yep, noticed that too, "graphic sexual activity". That means more than just naked photos folks, she was actually engaged in some graphic activity on more than one occasion, apparently-they said 'hundreds' of texts and pics. Goes towards mindset, her mind was on stuff like this JUST THREE WEEKS after Kyron goes missing. Disgusting.

Yes, IMHO.. It is disgusting, especiallly IF she had just recently met that guy after June 4th but IMHO I'm not at all surprised...JMO

BBM

Not only after Kyron is missing, but after she has a RO that says she can't come in contact with her OWN child, Baby K. She's missing Baby K so much that she is sexting and sending photos of herself engaged in graphic sexual activity to MC????

That tells me that she isn't missing Baby K (or Kyron) as much as we thought she would.

Maybe it's her way of soothing herself LOL.

I think it needs to be said that KH and DY do not have the same story here...ergo someone is lying, is KH ashamed? That's a possibility. Is DY confused, maybe? But for people who seem pretty darn adamant that TH is a consummate liar, I find it odd that one of them would lie about something this (in retrospect) unimportant.

The only reason I take note that TH was portrayed as given to untruths is because Kyron's Mother said she's known her to be so. Make no mistake these people are witnesses for the state and their testimony is direct evidence and given much weight by the state. Their testimony will be allowed into evidence by the judge when it gets to trial and jurors will hear it and deliberate TH's fate based on it. That is no small matter to be sure.

Right, but their son is missing...who cares whether or not Kaine is at work? Wouldn't you want to be talking to him, especially if you feel that it is important enough for you to drive 5 or so hours and you really don't like his wife?

Well the first person I would want to talk to is the one standing there with the school secretary who just told me my son was missing. Of course, I would want to talk to the ex-spouse, too, but the first thought would be talking to the person who might know the most.

DY said that they got together while she was 8 months pregnant (basically he cheated)

KH said that they were already broken up and just living in the same house when he started his relationship w/ TH.

(above is paraphrased)

Sounds the same to me...sorry, I guess he should have added in exactly when he had sex with Terri the first time...after all isn't that when most men decides that a "relationship" has started?
I don't see that big of a difference in their stories.. up for interpretation I guess.

Wow. Just...wow.

I feel as though the final piece of the puzzle has slammed into place, and I'm going out on a limb with my personal opinion: Michael Cook.

Did you notice that the story seemed to indicate that he was in on the first, or one of the first searches? He seems like he was Mr. Ready Freddie, Mr. Jim Dandy to the Rescue.

It sems like a lot for someone from high school, who, according to Kaine in a prior interview, hadn't seen or gotten together with Kaine since H.S. Really--an insertion of self and an over-reaction. If one of my friends from HS wound up in this situation, I wouldn't drop everything and race off to take a major, leading role in banners, webpages, fund-raising, searching, etc. etc. Not unless it was a friend with whom I was still in contact and very close.

Then he moves in on Terri. Let's assume for a second that she's innocent. Kyron's missing, she's accused of a MFH plot, Kaine grabs her daughter and moves out, files for divorce. I.E. she's very vulnerable--and MC moves in.

He brings food, drinks. Speaks up for her. And voila! They're sexting!

This all stinks. I've felt hinky about him for a long time now.

And I'd like to know--were he and KH really *friends* in H.S. or just on shared sports teams? Was he secretly jealous of KH? Had anything happened recently--KH getting attention, an award, or who knows what--that had triggered him? What's his past like? Has he ever been involved in any violence? Does he have a police record?

I sure hope that LE is putting him under a microscope.

At this point, if the abduction wasn't a predator that day, my leading candidates are (pure speculation):

Michael Cook.

Maybe TH finally figured out that MC could have been involved, but he had first held the sexting over her head and then threatened her daughter--as in "I made Kyron go away, I can do the same with K."

Note again: this is sheer speculation. Totally. It's in keeping with other scenarios folks here have spitballed around.

Or, if the relationship began earlier and TH is involved, maybe she and MC shuffled him off somewhere else.

I dunno. But man, I just looked at MC in that interview clip and my gut clenched and went AHA! He's deeply involved somehow, IMHO.

And, I'm not surprised that Kaine started an affair with TH while married to DY. What is shocking is that they were still married and living together.

Here again we see KH: reality is what he wants and what he says it is, and in this case that they had agreed to live together but lead separate lives. Meanwhile, DY spends two months sobbing at his betrayal. Wow, that made me hurt even more for her.

I think DY is a class act, and she is suffering horribly, including deep deep guilt. I think TY is suffering, too, and that he truly loves her and Kyron. Wow.

As for TH "grabbing" Kiara, there's been a lot of slamming of Terri because she didn't "fight for" her baby. As I understand it, the RO hadn't yet been served on her. All she knew was that KH had taken her child and left with her. So she decided to get her daughter back, which puts "paid" to claims that TH wasn't willing to take any risks or do anything to get her child back. IMHO.

But all that is irrelevant now. Kyron must be found. Desiree has been victimized first by KH's infidelity, has suffered through kidney failure, gave up custody of Kyron for what she thought was his own good, continued to mother him, and now has been victimized again with his abduction.

I hope that if Terri has any information that she knows or suspects about MC that she tells it fast. And I'd sure like to know more about MC, his life and past, and the real nature of his relationship with KH in high school. Something just isn't right here.

This is my current opinion. It's liable to change. Your mileage may vary.

Right, but their son is missing...who cares whether or not Kaine is at work? Wouldn't you want to be talking to him, especially if you feel that it is important enough for you to drive 5 or so hours and you really don't like his wife?

My ex husband kidnapped my daughter for a week. Even then, I didn't think about how much I disliked him. I was in such a frenzied state I nearly lost my son, who was in utero at the time. A mother with a child missing wants to know where her child is NOW. She is not thinking about who she likes or doesn't like, she wants to hear from the source.

snipped
UNTIL DY specifically said in one of her interviews with Kaine that she and Terri were NOT friends, the "bizarre" and "detailed, specific story" you mention was perceived to be true for quite a while after it was first published in The Oregonian on, I believe the second Saturday Ky was missing. It sounded fishy to me from the beginning. Just sayin'...

I'm so glad the truth has been coming out about DY and TH, especially because I felt DY was getting a bum rap for a long time because of being reported to "be long term friends" with someone like Terri.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html
This is the article that came right out and said that Terri and Desiree had been "long-time friends." Every source in this article was a friend or relative of Terri. I thought it was a ridiculously biased article at the time and probably not completely true.
So good to hear the truth finally.

I personally think that it shows she has nothing to hide, and could care less what part of her life the public knows about as long as it brings her son home.

People don't understand why Kaine had custody and how the relationship with Terri started. This is something that I firmly feel needed to be said. Also, just in the way the two of them appeared together from the start of this, they both have shown that they have done what they needed to do for the sake of Kyron.
She trusted her child with them because Kaine is his father. From what I can tell, Kaine seemed to be a good father to his son.. Terri on the other hand...who knows what was going on away from Kaine? Who knows what Kyron may have been threatened with if he told his dad how Terri was to him? I'm not saying that happened, but it is typical in these situations..
We have to remember that he is only 7 years old and can be manipulated into keeping many things from his parents...maybe the reason he wanted to stay with D ?
I think this child has suffered tremendously..

Just want to throw my :twocents: in on this subject.

If Terri was aware of Desiree when she met Kaine, knew Kaine had a pregnant wife at home, regardless if he made it seem they were just living together, this goes to show what kind of person she is as well. So now I can see why they were painting the picture Terri was a sweet friend/lady coming to help Kaine take care of Kyron when Terri was ill, so she could try to make her image appear better.:sick:

One thing I will say about this interview is that the "trio" were not interviewed together.

TH was the stay at home parent and likely that last to see hm.

As a mother myself I would immediately need to talk to the person who last saw my child. I would immediately need to know everything I could.

I don't think I'd pause for a nanosecond to think about personal drama or strained relationships. I'd make the call and find out whatever I could as quickly as I could.

BUT at this point DY did not know that TH was the last one to see him, all she knew was that he didn't get off the school bus and that he was missing from school. TH being the last one to see him came out after this phone call. Going with along in this vein, wouldn't she be wanting to talk to his teacher? He was missing from school.

At this point she had no reason to believe that TH was involved, all she knew was that Kyron didn't get off the bus and that he was missing from school, she could have had 'mother's intuition' (which I believe is quite possible) but at this point DY did NOT know that TH was the person to last see him and that he had been missing for hours...or did she? Now I am confused, what did the secretary tell her when she was called? That he hadn't been seen since that morning? Or that he couldn't be found right then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024