2010.08.16 Misty Croslin Scheduled For Hearing On Drug Charges

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Has the state said anything about a plea deal for Ron ? I wonder if the story was put out there in an attempt to get the others to talk ? I just can't imagine the state offering Ron the only real "deal".

Obviously and hopefully, Mr. Fields plan of action is to work miracles on the sentencing end of Misty's charges. Three hours for a pre-sentencing hearing is a long time IMO.

Krkrjx, thank you for all of this good information. Would there have been no way to get all of the charges consolidated? I wonder if Mr. Fields plans to take the charge in St. John's County to trial? Wasn't that DB's big charge? It seems like Misty was only along for the ride on that one.

At one point early on in jail tapes Misty claimed she would get 21 years. I could not figure where she got that number from but now it makes sense.

IMO, her attorney advised her that he would ask for Youthful Offender status which would give her 6 years on all charges but one. The one remaining charge could be reduced to a mandatory 15 (from its current 25 minimum).

That adds up to 21 years.

I thought all charges were to be consolidated and heard in one county but seems that did not happen. What they did was consolidate the charges from one county into one case rather than seven; that was necessary if Misty ever hoped to be considered for Youthful Offender, IMO.

It makes NO sense at all Papa.

I'm no conspiracy theorist by any means, but the actions of these defense attorneys seems so egregious to me that I'm actually wondering if all of this could be some type of State sanctioned ruse to lull the remaining defendant (no, I'm not even considering DB) into a sense of perceived safety prior to his being questioned for his plea deal.

Has the state said anything about a plea deal for Ron ? I wonder if the story was put out there in an attempt to get the others to talk ? I just can't imagine the state offering Ron the only real "deal".

Well, the story wasn't put out by the State, it was put out by Ronald via his lawyer. The charade is up, Ron is not in this to testify and get a deal, yeah right, its time for the rogue fearless Ronald stories to stop, there was never a deal for the drug charges, he is going down the river for a very long time, even if he does cough up what he did to his daughter. I hope like heck that when he is sentenced his words from the court house saying Misty was going to get 100 years because she had a female judge, comes to bite him, I really do.

Deal or no deal, LaRue seems to come down really hard on drug offenders. I'm anxious to see what type of sentencing is handed down to Ron with his past history. None of the others seem to have an extensive criminal history. Yes, Tommy had some charges, but they looked pretty petty to me.

Well, the story wasn't put out by the State, it was put out by Ronald via his lawyer. The charade is up, Ron is not in this to testify and get a deal, yeah right, its time for the rogue fearless Ronald stories to stop, there was never a deal for the drug charges, he is going down the river for a very long time, even if he does cough up what he did to his daughter. I hope like heck that when he is sentenced his words from the court house saying Misty was going to get 100 years because she had a female judge, comes to bite him, I really do.

I hope you are right. I thought Shoemaker just might work miracles for Ron, but I'm not so sure now. Still, there had to be a reason as to why the SA agreed to the continuance.

I've got to stop trying to guess what's going to happen in this case. This is like no other I've ever seen. LOL

I hope you are right. I thought Shoemaker just might work miracles for Ron, but I'm not so sure now. Still, there had to be a reason as to why the SA agreed to the continuance.

I've got to stop trying to guess what's going to happen in this case. This is like no other I've ever seen. LOL

There are no miracles for him, not this time. Him having a missing daughter is a brand new ballgame for him. Its obvious the cops want Ronald very bad, starting with the 900k bail. If they had any sympathy for him, he never would have been busted in the first place.

Hes on tape bragging how he likes to get high, how he likes powder, how he can eat all the pills, hes seen counting out pills, and giving them to the mule, Misty, to hold onto.

Hes screwed. So now all the lies can stop, it never made any sense at all that the state was making a deal for him to testify against Misty about drugs, he really wasnt doing this to find his daughter. He did this because hes a despicable drug addict that spent more time scoring drugs than he ever did trying to find his daughter.

I cant wait to see how Shoemaker is going to spin this!!

IMO, Ron may know some things about other crimes in the Putnam area, and the SA could be dealing with him for that information. Ron could have promised to give valuable info to get his current charges reduced and the info Ron has promised to give the SA could have absolutely nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance or the trafficking charges of the other players.

I doubt Haleigh's disappearance is the only unsolved major crime in that area.

IMO, Ron may know some things about other crimes in the Putnam area, and the SA could be dealing with him for that information. Ron could have promised to give valuable info to get his current charges reduced and the info Ron has promised to give the SA could have absolutely nothing to do with Haleigh's disappearance or the trafficking charges of the other players.

I doubt Haleigh's disappearance is the only unsolved major crime in that area.

The only valuable info the cops want to know from Ronald is where is daughter is, thats it. There is nothing Ron can offer the cops that will drop two 25 year charges, and then let him serve 3 15 year sentences concurrent, like he thinks he will get. There is no other info more precious than Haleigh. The cops dont need anything from Ronald but that, its not hard to catch drug dealers in Putnam County. If Tommy offered to be a nark and was declined because hes too well known, well, then so is Ronald!

Ronald was a low level dealer who didnt even have the money to for pills, he had to drive the UC to the dealers house, so him offering up his dealers meant nothing.

Hes in major trouble.

The only valuable info the cops want to know from Ronald is where is daughter is, thats it. There is nothing Ron can offer the cops that will drop two 25 year charges, and then let him serve 3 15 year sentences concurrent, like he thinks he will get. There is no other info more precious than Haleigh. The cops dont need anything from Ronald but that, its not hard to catch drug dealers in Putnam County. If Tommy offered to be a nark and was declined because hes too well known, well, then so is Ronald!

Ronald was a low level dealer who didnt even have the money to for pills, he had to drive the UC to the dealers house, so him offering up his dealers meant nothing.

Hes in major trouble.

Oh, I believe you! Ron may be offering to give information but there's no guarantee the SA will accept it. IMO, they want to know about Haleigh.

I do not want RC getting a deal when others have been offered nothing. I will be disgusted and physically ill if he gets one day less than 25 years and IMO he should get even more than his highest mandatory minimum, because Tommy did!

I am so confused in all this that I really don't know where to post these comments. If it is not here, please let me know and I will either delete them or move them.

Didn't Tommy and Misty tell their grandmother and the police that they knew what happened to Haleigh? Didn't they tell where the body was, how it was taken care of, and who did it? Didn't the police think it was credible enough to take them to the river for more information? Did I dream all that?

And yet, nothing has ever happened. Did LE decide it was a lie? Did something a presser come out that I am not aware of saying it wasn't true? We all are asking for a confession, for more information and then some comes and no one believes it so it is just "dismissed". If someone other than RC came forward would anyone believe them? What is going on here? I also thought that the PI working for Haleigh's mother said he had solved the case and knew where Haleigh was.

I need help here. I think they are all higher than cooter brown and should be in the looney bin. And I mean all of them. It is like one big cluster of stupidity. jmo

I can only hope that the judge recognizes the "breaks" Ron has been given, in the past, and sentences accordingly.

I totally agree with above sentiments. R.C. is the most anti-social, devious, dishonest person of all involved. He is a grown man, and a father. He failed his responsibilities and has been bailed out by his female relatives. He deserves more punishment than the rest and I will be furious if he doesn't receive it.

I'm no attorney, but damn if I can see a justifiable reason for ANY attorney to say this to a judge PRIOR to the sentencing of his client:

What happened to this?

I've been around a long time and have never seen anything like the legal representation, or lack thereof, for the first three defendants in this drug case.

Hi CP.. Baffling isn't it...IMHO.. And not only baffling, but real hinky...JMHO

I totally agree with above sentiments. R.C. is the most anti-social, devious, dishonest person of all involved. He is a grown man, and a father. He failed his responsibilities and has been bailed out by his female relatives. He deserves more punishment than the rest and I will be furious if he doesn't receive it.

Be prepared to be furious.. :furious::sick:JMHOOTS

Good lord.

Interesting plea. She knew as well as her attn. that they had enough hard evidence against her specifically --that to argue and go to court would probably not allow her to get as good of a deal for which she had hoped. I can well imagine it's not ill advised to not roll the dice with a trial if the sentence could be over 200 years. Lordy. JMHO.

IMHO this is her trial for her direct actions involving drugs. Let the chips fall where they may. For-each-and-every-single-one-of-these-offenders. JMHO.

She cannot get less than 25 years in St. Johns unless her one charge there is dismissed or reduced. If she pleads on that charge as it is, it carries a 25-year minimum.

As for the other charges, they are all in Putnam County and that is where Fields hopes to have her sentenced as Youthful Offender. If that is granted by the court, she could be sentenced to something lower than the mandatory minimums in Putnam. Maybe even considerably lower.

Hope was not considered for Youthful Offender because she had a prior charge pending at the time she was arrested for trafficking. If she had not had that charge against her she might have been considered for Youthful Offender. Misty is eligible for Youthful Offender status in either Putnam County or St. Johns County. If it is granted in one of the counties, she would then not be eligible for it in the other county. So unless her St. Johns charge is reduced or dismissed she will likely be sentenced to 25 years on that charge.

What I am not sure of is whether the 25 years and the 6 years could be concurrent. I am betting they can, which would leave Misty having to serve at least 85% of 25 years minus time already served if she is convicted in St. Johns.

And yes, taffickers are eligible to be considered for Youthful Offender status in Florida but they can be considered for it only one time. I could not find any information on whether the number of charges Misty faces in Putnam would make her ineligible. Fields is asking for it, but it is not a given.

Based on what you said, Fields is not as dumb as he first appeared. He is putting all his amunition (whatever it might be) against the St Johns charge. Misty's chances of the lowest possible prison sentence are optimized if Fields can manage to get the St John's charge reduced or dismissed AND he can go after Youthful Offender status on the Putnum charges.

Also, now we can see why Misty was charged with one offense in St John's and the rest in Putnam County. As long as LE was able to split the arrests in two places, then this maximized the prison time that Misty would get if found guilty or pled nolo because she couldn't get YO in both places. So, somebody was strategizing.

JMO, if I understand this correctly.

Based on what you said, Fields is not as dumb as he first appeared. He is putting all his amunition (whatever it might be) against the St Johns charge. Misty's chances of the lowest possible prison sentence are optimized if Fields can manage to get the St John's charge reduced or dismissed AND he can go after Youthful Offender status on the Putnum charges.

Also, now we can see why Misty was charged with one offense in St John's and the rest in Putnam County. As long as LE was able to split the arrests in two places, then this maximized the prison time that Misty would get if found guilty or pled nolo because she couldn't get YO in both places. So, somebody was strategizing.

JMO, if I understand this correctly.

It is very possible the SA wanted charges separate for the two counties. But, possibly the St. Johns charge could not be consolidated to Putnam given that deal had a co-trafficker (Donna) charged only in St. Johns. Maybe they could not separate them due to that, or maybe Fields thought it best not to combine St. Johns with Putnam IF he hopes to show Misty was just along for the ride (that Donna was the main dealer) in St. Johns.

I do not recall what the St. Johns incident report says, or if it was ever even released. The pills were Donna's, IIRC, so it is possible Misty is described as a minor player in that deal. On the other hand, it could show Misty was the contact in Donna's deal..that Misty is the one who dealt with UC over the phone about obtaining the pills he wanted and/or when/where to meet for the transaction.

I have to say I don't have all the info on St. Johns as I do not recall having read the incident report, so a lot of the above is MOO.

ETA: IMO, Fields is no slouch. I think he is doing all he can to help Misty come away with the least amount of prison time possible. Clearly, the state has a case against her--not just once but SEVEN TIMES just in one county. She could not win even with a jury, and she could not get less than the mandatory minimum, even with a jury. So why take those seven cases to trial? Fields wants to try for YO status on those slam-dunk charges and that is a very good move on his part. The remaining charge in another county might have holes in it for all I know. Fields might feel Misty has a chance of the charge being significantly reduced if not dropped completely. I was not in the courtroom to hear under what context he made the "landslide" statement so I have to reserve judgment on that given how the media skews things.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. It's unbelievable what some of these defense attorney's are saying, they couldn't help the state more if they tried. Knowing what sentences have already been handed down, what are they thinking ?
I get the impression, that instead of putting up a fight & working hard for their clients, these attorneys are all trying to distance themselves from the sordidness, & trying to avoid being sullied, by association.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71
Back