2010.10.29 Status Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
was joy wray seriously there in a wheel chair?

Even her kids being taken away isn't enough to keep her away from this mess?

I missed that, are you sure? I did notice her facial expressions while JB was going on and on about how hard he is working, blah,blah,blah. Her mouth was twitching and she was right on the verge of tears several times while he spoke.

Maybe it was because she didn't have any little legal assistants to giggle and joke around with - no one with looking at her with even the teensy weensy bit of admiration - and it looked like the courtroom was almost empty - so there goes her media "starhood".

Nums24 - what are you disappointed about?? I'm as happy as a pig in...umm..eating a cupcake! The whole hearing was smackdown, smackdown, smackdown - did my little ole heart good to finally see some reality hit these proceedings and gave me so much more hope for the future.

HI LG, just from listening, I was disappointed. I will watch the hearings tonight and reserve comment until then. I just thought HHJP didn't follow through enough with the TES fishing expedition, all I hear was CM & JB speak more mistruths!

I thought it seemed like the reality of Baez' incompetence was starting to sink in with Casey. She wasnt sure if she should laugh or cry or make fisties.

In a "backwards" sort of way, she may be maturing. Not in a manner as we'd normally think of maturing, of course, especially since she's been behind bars all these years..but people change a lot between the ages of 20 and 25..maybe she really is starting to see this isn't a show and Baez isn't doing a very good job. Maybe?

Hey - our WS friend who usually attends the hearings, was she there today? I can't remember her name, I do apologize for that.

Amil and Legaleagle (not sure if I got that right) and we don't know if they were there or not.

HI LG, just from listening, I was disappointed. I will watch the hearings tonight and reserve comment until then. I just thought HHJP didn't follow through enough with the TES fishing expedition, all I hear was CM & JB speak more mistruths!

I think you will change your mind once you hear what HHJP had to say to them and why he only gave them 60 more investigative hours. HHJP was actually pretty brutal - I loved it!

ICA sure did seem upset with JB when he tapped her, then my feed shut off too so I could not see anymore of her response. She also seemed upset when the Judge said there has to be a finality to this case.

It's all got to come to an end, somehow, right, ICA?

Mason said they had 150 and of those 4-6 that were presented to the judge under seal IIRC. That was after making the 1000 phone calls.

Did you notice though that Mason was playing coy, knowing that he was being deliberately facetious with the court by stating, (closely paraphrased), "TES claimed they only had 32 searchers on Suburban Drive, and let me just say that Suburban Drive is a broad area."

Mason knows very well that those that were on Suburban Drive, but NOT at the remains site, were way down by the school and in other areas of Suburban Drive, so in effect, he was semi-admitting that he was toying with syntax in order baffle brains with BS. ;)

Did anyone else laugh when Ann Finnell said "backtrack"? I looked straight at Casey and was wondering what she was thinking - I know what I was thinking :)

I think the copier moments were among my favorite. JB does not even have a clue what goes on in his own office. Copier---DUH

was joy wray seriously there in a wheel chair?

Even her kids being taken away isn't enough to keep her away from this mess?

I think the wheelchair was used to hold up the weight of her sunglasses she was wearing, INSIDE the court room. :cool:

I so don't get why it wasn't asked if they were on schedule to finish by the deadline. The LE depos are to be finished by the 31st also and LDB brought up how the defense was trying to schedule them for Nov. 9th IIRC. What was decided about this? I'm so confused.

To the best of my understanding, the deadline is Sunday, 10/31. There has been no extension granted. So, they either:

1. depose both Jesse and Rev. Grund by Sunday
  2. they will forego deposing them at all
  3. if they still want to depose them, then Judge Perry will entertain their request and if he decides to grant it, HE WILL SET THE DEPOS.

What blew me away... at the end of the hearing, HHJP told JB he thought they were doing an excellent job!!!! I'm like WHAT????

he's channelling my MIL is my thought. she believes telling everyone that they're doing an absolutely wonderful thing no matter what they're doing will prompt them to become wonderful as a result. it actually works occasionally.

...prolly not in this case. but occasionally :biglaugh:

I agree, it was excellent. I may just rewatch it again this evening.
Judge Perry is one cool dude.

I've got to rewatch it too as I was at work listening more than watching....how about the part where JP says to JB.....Am I correct that there have been numerous press conferences called .....poke poke poke

Hahahahaha - thought I would fall off my seat.

I'm always a tad disappointed when the Judge gives the Defense anything, but I have to trust HHJP that he knows best.
I am hugely reassured each time I see the Defense Buffoons in action though, I am sure KC will get the DP with this crew in charge. Even the new Attorney came unprepared to answer questions as to specifics- when she said "Well I'm new so I don't know what has gone on" I cringed- wouldn't you think that the first thing you'd do after signing on is to read every piece of information on this case?

I guess it all depends on what Baez & Mason have filled her in on and how much of it as well.

My fave was the "copying volley."

HHJP: "Do you still have $ for making copies?"
JB: "Wha?"
HHJP: "Copies... you know..."
JB: "Who?"
HHJP: "Do you still have $ for copies?"
JB: "Umm...."
HHJP: "WORD GYMNASTICS."
LDB: "It can be done for FREE!"

FIN

Members online

Online statistics