2010.11.12 - Remains Confirmed to be Zahra's

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra," police Chief Tom Adkins said in an emotional press conference, that he said he did "with great regret." (Read the full text of the chief's remarks)

Police said the said the bone found last week off of Christie Road "matches DNA found from the house at 21st Avenue Northwest," which is where Zahra lived before going missing on Oct. 9. A police source also told WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge that "the bone has evidence of cut marks on it."
http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

yep, we are a speculatin bunch up in he-ah. Just try to make sure you throw a "speculating" or an In My Opinion or some such.

It helps the newer folks distinquish between confirmed fact and when we are just theorizing :)

"We have recovered enough physical evidence to believe we have found Zahra," police Chief Tom Adkins said in an emotional press conference, that he said he did "with great regret." (Read the full text of the chief's remarks)

Police said the said the bone found last week off of Christie Road "matches DNA found from the house at 21st Avenue Northwest," which is where Zahra lived before going missing on Oct. 9. A police source also told WBTV's Steve Ohnesorge that "the bone has evidence of cut marks on it."
SIGH. But I guess most of us suspected this. No words.

Thank you and I understand, I really do. I just am having such a terrible time with this one. Had to just step back for a few and get a hold of myself.

Take your time Nort. Be good to yourself today.

I do completely understand the level of frustration and the shock and anger expressed by many here on Zahra's threads.

Ask any old timer here and they can probably name off quickly the "case" that did them in, the case that broke their heart, pulled the veil from their eyes, slapped them with the cold reality of exactly how cruel humans can be...

For me it was Sandra Cantu. It shook me so hard and so deep, I actually took a break from anything at all whatsoever to do with crimes.

I will be honest and say I did shed some tears for Zahra today. For the loss of her and for what she lost-- a good 70 or 80 years of life and all that life holds within those years.

I'll venture to say that some of the members that joined for Zahra's threads will become old timers on WS one day in the future and if they are asked which case---? They will say Zahra.

Take care my friend. JMHO

The police ruled out the hits on the wood chipper.

Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

K9 crews indicated earlier in the week that traces of human remains were found on wood processing equipment in an area where Baker's father once worked, but detectives with the Burke County Sheriff's Office said that is no longer a solid lead.
http://charlotte.news14.com/content...ome-up-empty-so-far-as-zahra-search-continues
They dismantled it and took it in for evidence. I read that somewhere, can't remember right now. My brain hurts.

There are so many great speculations going on here..some ring true to myself but some dont. I for one just cant fathom how daddy wouldnt know his child was missing?? I have to believe that fire went down after they "Dumped" things...so yepper..I have to agree these two were partners of this crime...It's always what goes on AFTER that sheds light on what really happened..

They can spin all they want..but and thats a big BUT..IF Zahra was found deceased, WHY NOT call 911 then?..why dismember her?, why dump her remains?, why bury her?, why dump mattress?? Why have a FIRE?? why create such drama?? Point is..THEY WERE HIDING SOMETHING!! and Yepper....They BOTH are equally culpible..I do hope and pray LE can connect all the dots!! These two people NEED to be held accountable for Zahra!!!!!

I still do not think we know enough to know for certain that he lied to LE ... I think your head would be a mess if this was your child (he also said Tues ... then Thurs. ) If you've ever had a traumatic event that you've had to deal with over days .... things start going together in your head.

I'm not sure the 911 call was a "fake" either. I honestly think it's TOO BAD to be faked. No ONE IMO is stupid enough to call 911 and act like that if they killed and (possibly) dismembered their child then buried them. If that were the case there would be some note of distress SOMEWHERE in his voice. Even calls recorded from serial killers (who are pros !!!) you hear some note or tinge of panic, fear, something. There is NOTHING about that 911 call that makes me think AB had much involvement...it makes me think the opposite.

I still firmly believe that AB was under the impression of something else going on. The fact that he called family members and then his boss and went "looking" for zahra.... before calling 911 can be verified by call records (which I would assume police already have).

I think he thought one of the following
1. One of the many people who had threatened to take Zahra had done it.
2. Zahra had run off on her own accord.
3. EB was up to something in order to try to get money (he may have even heard about this or been in on part of a "plan").

If it turns out i'm wrong I'll eat my words ... but there is going to be a lot more to this story when all the news breaks. Of THAT I am 100% certain.

ETA: Of COURSE EB is pointing the finger at him ... but that is proof of nothing from a legal standpoint.

BBM

Casey Anthony was perfectly calm in her phone calls.

I do completely understand the level of frustration and the shock and anger expressed by many here on Zahra's threads.

Ask any old timer here and they can probably name off quickly the "case" that did them in, the case that broke their heart, pulled the veil from their eyes, slapped them with the cold reality of exactly how cruel humans can be...

For me it was Sandra Cantu. It shook me so hard and so deep, I actually took a break from anything at all whatsoever to do with crimes.

I will be honest and say I did shed some tears for Zahra today. For the loss of her and for what she lost-- a good 70 or 80 years of life and all that life holds within those years.

I'll venture to say that some of the members that joined for Zahra's threads will become old timers on WS one day in the future and if they are asked which case---? They will say Zahra.

Jessica Lunsford-
I still can't watch Mark Lunsford without bawling.

Everyone of these cases are hard but you are right there will always be one case that effects you deeper.

Zahra drew me in because of the hearing loss- and how very much she looked like my daughters friend at certain angles.

But what hurts me the most is that there are so very many cases now that it becomes hard to keep them straight- and for every case that gets media light so many more are happening.

FYI.. Jane VM is now covering Zahra's case! :-((( This is so sad..Jean C. is giving the latest on HLN

Sigh. That's just so darn sad.

So they can't charge anyone with murder yet even after testing the bone and knowing its her. I am puzzled..Its the same story as ICA's someone took her and then they found her bones how are these cases different from a legal standpoint?

It is like poor little Caylee Anthony.
They reported it weeks after it actually did happen.
And then they do not have DIRECT evidence about
the crime itself.

We know who needs to be punished, but the legal system needs proof.

It is sad and sickening that these people breath and eat and live amongst us.

Just so you all know, MSM here (Channel 9 on the east coast of Australia) interrupted the morning television broadcast (we are 16 hours ahead of you, so it was 8.00am Saturday morning) to bring us the live PC telecast from Hickory PD.
That is how important this case is to us all here as well.
Terrible news, but not unexpected.
Thanks all. Sad time now.

There are so many great speculations going on here..some ring true to myself but some dont. I for one just cant fathom how daddy wouldnt know his child was missing?? I have to believe that fire went down after they "Dumped" things...so yepper..I have to agree these two were partners of this crime...It's always what goes on AFTER that sheds light on what really happened..

They can spin all they want..but and thats a big BUT..IF Zahra was found deceased, WHY NOT call 911 then?..why dismember her?, why dump her remains?, why bury her?, why dump mattress?? Why have a FIRE?? why create such drama?? Point is..THEY WERE HIDING SOMETHING!! and Yepper....They BOTH are equally culpible..I do hope and pray LE can connect all the dots!! These two people NEED to be held accountable for Zahra!!!!!

IMO, she died of abuse from EB. EB tells AB "you'll be going down with me!" So they do what they did (can't even type it out :()

I think he did lie to LE in the 911 because if he had seen Zahra at that time they would not have had time to take her body out of the home and bury her after that 911 call was made, if true it would mean she was killed that night which I don't think is correct. He was only recollecting events which happened the night before. It was on the 911 he said 'we looked in there' and meant at the time of the fire, not too long before.

Unbelievable that it is, I actually think they are that stupid :)

Personally I think Zahra was killed a long time, possibly weeks before the 911 call was even made. I think they both knew she was gone, that Adam helped dispose of her, but by the time the call was made some time had passed which is why he acted less distressed than if it had been a recent event.

I believe the mattress was disposed of after Zahra died, and a new one bought in the interim. Adam would have known about that, he also should have noticed his missing daughter even if Elisa had tried to keep it from him. But I don't believe she did, I think they had both been involved in the cover up for the past few weeks.

And I also believe the missing persons report was only made because Emily had 'discovered' them, and Karen had passed on the message.

But we can agree to differ :)

First of all WHY, WHY. WHY? How can someone be so demented, sick and absolutely evil?
Your post makes alot of sense to me. I do have one alternative theory that would fit in here. Or maybe just an addition. Extreme stress can bring on cancer or at least accelerate it. The cancer may have come back due to the abuse for lack of a better word. Zahra began to decline and they did nothing to bring attention to themselves by taking her to the Doctors. Who knows what dark life they may have been leading. Both of them had warrants and certainly lived looking over their shoulders. She may have just gotten so sick and on deaths door or died. A plan was concocted and here we are looking again for the answers and WHY. I don't know......so very sad.

Zahra has wings. that we can be sure of!

Mine was Riley Ann Sawyers. She looked like my kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3