2010.11.29 Defense Initial Penalty Phase Witness List

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Kristina Marie Chester – Casey’s classmate and friend who babysat Caylee on occasion. Casey babysat her children, also. She last saw Caylee with Casey on 6/12/08 at Lake Underhill Park.

Isn't this the same Kristina that was at the Anthony house & on the phone w/ Casey during her first phone call home - the infamous "Just give me Tony's #!....What a waste!" call?

Yes, Beach. Here you go friend. http://www.wftv.com/video/16991942/index.html Kristina, is yet another person who was a regular part of Casey's life who never ever heard of any ZFG!!!!! If the jury hears this call, this cold bit--.......it is over.

"Casey?" Cindy Anthony said to begin the call.

"Mom," Casey Anthony said. "I just saw your nice little cameo on TV."

"Which one," Cindy Anthony said.

"What do you mean, which one?" Casey Anthony said.

"Which one?" Cindy Anthony said. "I did four different ones, and I haven't seen them all. I've only seen one or two so far."

"You don't know what my involvement is in (inaudible)?" Casey Anthony asked.

"Casey," Cindy Anthony said.

"Mom," Casey Anthony said.

"No, I don't know what your involvement is, sweetheart," Cindy Anthony said. "You are not telling me where she's at."

"Because I don't (expletive) know where she's at," Casey Anthony said. "You are kidding me?"

"Casey, don't waste your call screaming and hollering at me," Cindy Anthony said.

"Waste my call sitting in the jail?" Casey Anthony said.

"Whose fault is it you're sitting in jail?" Cindy Anthony said. "Are you blaming me you are sitting in the jail? Blame yourself for telling lies. What do you mean it is not your fault? What do you mean it's not your fault, sweetheart? If you would have told them the truth and not lied about everything…"

"Do me a favor and just tell me what Tony's number is," Casey Anthony said. "I don't want to talk to you. Forget it."

"I don't have his number," Cindy Anthony said.

"Well, get it from Lee," Casey Anthony said. "I know Lee is at the house. I saw Mallory's car was out front. It was just on the news. They were just live outside the house."

"I know they were," Cindy Anthony said.

"Well?" Casey Anthony said.

"Can you get Tony's number for me so I can call him?" Casey Anthony said.

"Hello?" Casey's brother Lee said.

"Hi," Casey Anthony said. "Can you get me Tony's number?"

"I can do that but I don't know what good it's going to do you at this point," Lee Anthony said.

"Well, I'd like to talk to him any way because I called to talk to my mother and it is a (expletive) waste," Casey Anthony said. "By the way, I don't want any of you coming up here when I have my first hearing for bond and everything. I mean don't even (expletive) waste your time coming up here."

"You know, you are having a real tough year and making it real tough for anybody to want to try to, even if it is giving..." Lee Anthony said.

"See that is just it, every..." Casey Anthony said.

"You are not even letting me finish," Lee Anthony said.

"Go ahead," Casey Anthony said.

"First, you are asking me for Tony's phone number so you can call him and then you immediately want to start pressing toward me and don't even worry about coming up here for all this stuff and trying to cut us out," Lee Anthony said.

"I'm not trying to cut anybody out," Casey Anthony said.

"I'm not going around and around with you," Lee Anthony said. "You know, that is pretty pointless. I'm not going to put everyone else through the same stuff that you've been putting the police and everybody else for the last 24 hours and the stuff you've been putting mom through for the last four or five weeks. I'm done with that. So, you can tell me what's going on. Kristina would love to talk to you because she thinks you will tell her what's going on. Frankly, we are going to find out, whatever is going on is going to be found out. So, why not do it now?"

"There is nothing to find out," Casey Anthony said. "There is absolutely nothing to find out. Not even what I told the detectives. I have no clue where Caylee is. If I knew where Caylee was, do you think that any of this would be happening? No."

"Anyway, you only have a couple of minutes with this so I'm not going to let you completely waste it," Lee Anthony said. "Here is Kristina."

"No, no," Casey Anthony said. "I want Tony's number. I'm not talking to anybody else."

"Hello," Kristina said.
"Hi," Casey Anthony said. "I'm glad everybody is at my house but I'll have to call you later or I'll have to call to get somebody to get your number. Do me a favor and get my brother back because I need Tony's number."

"OK," Kristina said. "Is there anything I can do for you?"
"I'm sitting in jail," Casey Anthony said. "There is nothing anybody can do now."

"I'm just trying to be a…" Kristina said.
"I know you are, honey," Casey Anthony said. "I absolutely know you are and I appreciate it and everything you are trying to do but I'd like to call Tony. He's not at my house is he?

"No," Kristina said. "It's just me and your parents and Lee."
"Well, can you do me a favor and get my brother back so I can get the number from him please?" Casey Anthony said.

"Does Tony have anything to do with Caylee?" Kristina asks.
"No," Casey Anthony said. "Nothing."

"OK, so why do you want to talk with Tony?" Kristina asks. "You probably don't want to tell me, do you?"
"Tony had nothing to do with Caylee," Casey Anthony said.

"Oh, then why do you want to talk with him?" Kristina asks.
"Because he is my boyfriend and I want to actually try and sit and talk to him because I didn't get a chance to talk to him earlier," Casey Anthony said. "Because I got arrested on a (expletive) whim today and because they are blaming me for stuff that I would never do. That I didn't do."

"Well, I'm on your side, you know that?" Kristina said.

"I know that, I just want to talk with Tony and get a little bit of…" Casey Anthony said.

"Casey, you have to tell me if you know anything about Caylee," Kristina said. "If anything happened to Caylee, I'll die -- you understand, I'll die."

"Oh my God," Casey Anthony said. "Calling you guys (was) a waste -- a huge waste. Honey, I love you. You know I'd never let anything happen to my daughter. If I knew where she was, this would not be going on."

"Then how come everyone is saying that you are lying?" Kristina said.

"Because nobody is (expletive) listening to anything that I'm saying," Casey Anthony said. "The media misconstrued everything that I said. The (expletive) detectives pulled (expletive) (expletive). They got all of their information from me but at the same time they are twisting stuff. They already said they are going to pin this on me if they don't find Caylee. They've already said that. They arrested me because they said..."

"They said that the person you left Caylee with doesn't exist," Kristina said.
"Because, oh look, they can't find her in the Florida database," Casey Anthony said. "She is not just from Florida. If they would actually listen to anything that I would have said to them, they would have had their leads. They maybe could have tracked her down. They have not listened to a (expletive) thing that I've said."

"You know that whoever has Caylee, nobody is going to get away with it," Kristina said.
"I know, nobody is going to get away with it but at the same time, the only way they are going to find Caylee is if they actually listen to what I'm saying and I'm trying to help them and they are not letting me help them."

"So, how can I help them find her?" Kristina said. "The best thing you can do baby is to listen to me."

"They need to look up her information in the New York database and a North Carolina database," Casey Anthony said. "And other places that she's lived outside of Florida. That is what I told them, even again today. I told them that four times today. I sat up at the police station. The county police station…"

"Does she have Caylee or did she transfer Caylee to someone else?" Kristina asked

"Honey, I have not talked with her," Casey Anthony said. "I don't know. I have not talked to her."

"How come everyone is saying that you are not upset and that you are not crying and you show no caring of where Caylee is at all" Kristina asked.
"Because I'm not here (expletive) crying every two seconds because I have to stay composed to talk to detectives, to make other phone calls and do other things," Casey Anthony said. "I can't sit here and be crying every two seconds like I want to -- I can't."

"OK, Casey, don't yell at me, I'm on your side," Kristina said.
"I know you are on my side," Casey Anthony said. I'm not trying to... "

"Nobody is saying anything bad about you," Kristina said. "Your family is with you 100 percent."
"No they're not," Casey Anthony said. "That is (expletive) because I just watched the (expletive) news and heard everything that my mom said. Nobody in my own family is on my side."

"Yes they are," Kristina said.

"They just want Caylee back. That is all they are worried about right now is getting Caylee back," Casey Anthony said. "And you know what, that is all I care about right now."

"Casey, your daughter, your flesh and blood and baby girl.." Kristina said.
"Kristina, please," Casey Anthony said. "Put my brother back on the phone, I don't want to get into this with you right now. I love you honey and I'm glad that you are there. Thank you for your help. I will let you know if there is anything that you can do."

"You can't tell me anybody who can find Caylee?" Kristina asked.
"No," Casey Anthony said. "No because everyone that I've tried and every number that I've called is disconnected --nothing. I can't get a hold of anybody."

"But that girl was the last person to have her?" Kristina said.
"She was the last person to have her," Casey Anthony said. "That was the last time I saw Caylee."

"Lee said he doesn't have Tony's phone number," Kristina said.
"Yes, he does," Casey Anthony said. "He has Tony's number in his phone. He needs to stop (expletive) lying. He just told me a second ago that he'd give me the number."

"So, if I go and get you Tony's number, are you going to finish talking to me?" Kristina said.
"I will call you tomorrow," Casey Anthony said. "I want to talk to him really quick. I wanted to actually try and call Mike. I haven't slept in four days. I have not slept in four days.

"Listen, if you are going to talk to anybody, you can talk to me," Kristina said.
"I know I can talk to you but at the same time, I know that I can talk to Tony and that is who I want to talk to now. I have not gotten the chance to talk to him since this morning. Since all of this stuff happened with trying to set up the MySpace and I made the MySpace,"

"Do you know the password?' Kristina asked.
"I made all of it," Casey Anthony said.

"What's the password to MySpace so we can see if anybody has written any leads of where Caylee might be," Kristina asked.
"You can go online and see it," Casey Anthony said. "As far as messages, I don't know if anybody is going to be messaging."

Casey Anthony then exchanged log-in information with Kristina.

Kristina then gave Casey Anthony Tony's phone number.

"Can Tony tell me anything?" Kristina asked.

"Baby, Tony doesn't know anything, Casey Anthony said. "And, I have not even talked with him since this morning."

"Has Tony seen Caylee?" Kristina asked.
"Tony has not seen Caylee since the beginning of June," Casey Anthony said. "What's Tony's number again?"

Kristina gives the number again.

"Thank you," Casey Anthony said. "I will find a way to call you later. Leave your number at my house with my mother and I can get it either later tonight."

"How can I get a hold of you?" Kristina said.

"I'm at the jail, you can't," Casey Anthony said.

"You don't have a way to write my phone number down?" Kristina said.

"No, I have no way of writing it down," Casey Anthony said. "I have to remember Tony's number. I have to try to memorize his number right now. Just leave your number with my mom and I will try to call you in the morning if I don't get a chance to call you tonight."

"So, how can I find information about that girl?" Kristina asked.
"Have them look up a New York license for Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez," Casey Anthony said. "They've just been looking up the last name Gonzalez or the last name Fernandez. If they look up her entire name, they might actually find her. They have not done that. They haven't listened to anything that I've said."

"How do you spell Zenaida," Kristina said.

"Z-e-n-a-i-d-a," Casey Anthony said.

"Where does she live?" Kristina said. "Because they went and looked at her place and…"
"Baby, you are not telling me anything that I don't already know," Casey Anthony said. "Again, I've only been in jail since about 8:30 tonight. I was with them all day. I know that. I was with officers pretty much since 9 p.m. last night up until this evening when I came up here."

"But you are telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth?" Kristina asked.

"That I have no clue where my daughter is?" Casey Anthony said. "Yes, that is the truth. That is the absolute truth."

"They'll find out and whoever…" Kristina said.
"OK, Kristina, I'm hanging up," Casey Anthony said. "I've need to make this other call before I forget the number. So, I'll call you later."

"OK," Kristina said. "Bye."

Beach, the young lady, Kristina, seemed to try her heart out in that five minutes. Wow.

Looking upthread I see a lot of names from high school and people she hung out with, people who would have said they knew her quite well. I think they are going to try a variation on "ugly coping' during the penalty phase.

I was looking for something else, and found this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpf51kjgedE

Would the Anthonys have the unbridled hubris to ask the public for help with this afterward? I am ill :maddening::furious::banghead: sick

Perhaps mom and pop will no longer be standing by their daughter enough to care after what she does to them in the penalty phase. "No matter what", may very well stop at their noses.
"I don't really believe that her defense team is going to do anything to jeopardize anything in the future for her," George said. "So ... we have to wait and see what plays out. I don't believe that's going to happen with her."

Both answered with a firm "No" when asked if they'd encourage Casey to accept a plea deal.

"Absolutely not," Cindy said. "I don't think Casey will take a plea deal. Casey is not going to admit for something she hasn't done. We love our daughter. We stand behind her. We know what kind of mother she was."
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/04/22/earlyshow/main4961225.shtml

BBM...CA always with those rose colored glasses...if she was such a good mom, why was CA threatening to take custody away from her own daughter? CA is so contrary, she probably confuses herself..I am very happy both parents have decided to be silent for everytime they open their mouths, America is there to show how wrong she is. It appears us bloggers know more about her own daughter, than she will admit to knowing.

Every adversity, every failure, every heartache carries with it the seed of an equal or greater benefit.
-- Napoleon Hill

Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.
-- Og Mandino

In the face of adversity, one learns to survive, not perpetuate lies...I feel this entire family will learn from this sad lesson of life at the hands of their own child/sister...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

They might use employment records including employment awards (employee of the year) but Mike and Heather are not listed. So who will testify to giving Casey this wonderful award?

To add to ThinkTank's work:

Corey Scherr - was at Miller's Ale House with Dante, Brandon, Sean on July 1st and saw Casey there: Interview Dante on page 4.

Oh, and Muzikman, you rock! :rocker:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: employment awards!!!! You are so funny. I really needed that. Employment awards...she wishes she had those! :floorlaugh:

Looking upthread I see a lot of names from high school and people she hung out with, people who would have said they knew her quite well. I think they are going to try a variation on "ugly coping' during the penalty phase.

bbm

I still wonder Who REALLY knew her? and I keep coming up with No One. IMO

Did she let anyone really know who she was, what she was about...It sure does not seem that way after reading the interviews of her friends and even her family...she lied about herself to everyone.

I am baffled by the defense list of penalty phase witnesses. They are most, if not all, the Prosecution's witnesses. Okaaaaaaaaaaay. Is JB just trying to nail that coffin of his client's shut?

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: employment awards!!!! You are so funny. I really needed that. Employment awards...she wishes she had those! :floorlaugh:

I cannot provide a link at this time, but it seems I remember somewhere hearing or reading that KC had received an "Employee of the Month" award while employed by Universal (or whatever the company was at that time). I can't even remember who supposedly said this, although I believe it might have been someone related to KC's employment, like a former supervisor....

I could be way off base here, and I want to say quickly that if it turns out it was CINDY who mentioned the employment award, I take back my post, as it was most likely a "mistruth".... :banghead:

:Welcome1::welcome4::wagon::welcome2:

She didn't do it, but if she did do it wasn't her fault because of x y and z. Oh my. You are probably spot on.

I'd be willing to bet my retirement that those relatives of George's are shocked, shocked to see their names on this list and we will no sooner see them take the stand than the cows will come home. The reason the defense wanted the list sealed, Mrs. Finnell literally already admitted...she feared that if these folks should learn they are on the list or know in advance a subpoena may be coming that they will work toward resisting it. Rut row.

It will be mom, pop, brother , his wife, church lady, organist, Annie and Holly, the local minister and hired shrink...... period. I believe that!

Unfortunately, the morning shows and rag magazines have been on the phone all night offering those relatives this that and the other thing for media (photo rights).......their stories. Let Amy be your guide folks, if that young lady can remain calm and quiet and not sell her story until after the trial......please for the love of God, let her be your guide. Enough circus, let's get on with justice for this innocent baby and have the damn trial!
By the way, the day after the verdict, I am perfectly OK with Amy and Jesse selling their story Amber Frye style....the very day AFTER.
MOO

I agree with you TWA!
The church lady who sits with Cindy at the Hearings, and played the piano at the Caylee/Cindy Memorial, and her husband sang and her daughter sang at the Memorial, are not on the State nor Defense nor Penalty Phase Witness List (yet). Donna and Glenn Cox. I think they are "new" friends of the Anthonys and could not provide any testimony about the Inmate - they never knew the Inmate.

George's sister on Penalty Phase Witness List.
Are they going to use her to show that a mental condition runs in the family, and that the family suspected that the Inmate may have the same condition?

Odd that there are no family physicians or counselors on the penalty phase witness list (yet) to confirm a diagnosis of any mental condition of the Inmate!

John Haldie - George’s brother-in-law - Bonita Springs, FL and
Sandra Haldie - George’s sister (Sonie) - Bonita Springs, FL

http://www.cbsnews.com/8601-500251_162-4961774.html?assetTypeId=58
Comment on CBS news video.
DOCUMENT 2909 OF Discovery released in the state's case against Casey Anthony November 26, 2008
excerpt:
JUNE 5, 2009 EMAIL OF SHIRLEY PLESEA (CINDY?S MOTHER) - SENT TO THE POLICE

Shirley Pleasea said in email - "SHE (Cindy) SAYS SHE KNOWS THERE IS A SICKNESS THAT RUNS IN GEORGES FAMILY. HIS SISTER SONIE, IS BI-POLAR, LIKE JEANS SISTER JOAN. COMPULSIVE BEHAVIOUR. OVER SPENDING IS ONE TRAIT. LOTS OF OTHERS. CASEY HAS IT TOO"

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/Library/CMA/interviews/ganthony072408.pdf
George said in his OCSO interview - "... But my sister has had a lot of issues over the years. I'm just wondering of (sic) something skipped somewhere to Casey. I... I don't want to think that."

It made me smile as well, but Ann Finell is the one who wrote it ;) The defense might bring in certain records during the penalty phase including employment awards. You can find it at the end of the witness list.

Since Cindy mentioned Casey getting an award at Kodak (and Snaz is probably right, it was employee of the MONTH) I figured that's what Ms Finell was referring to.

What does a work award have to do with a murderer?

I'm not seeing any kind of connection.

What does a work award have to do with a murderer?

I'm not seeing any kind of connection.

I agree. Please don't kill her because one of the few times she had an actual job and wasn't lying about having a job, she got employee of the month?

Doesn't fly with me. And I bet Cindy made it up, or Casey didn't have much competition. That award will do nothing for her.

Isn't this the same Kristina that was at the Anthony house & on the phone w/ Casey during her first phone call home - the infamous "Just give me Tony's #!....What a waste!" call?

Yes!! And she demonstrated more concern about Caylee being missing than Casey did..

I recently read that on July 16th after Casey called her family and got TonE's number she tried calling him..

While in Jail, on July 16 2008 and July 21 2008, Casey placed phone calls to TonE, Chris S and Ryan P
Why? why these 3 guys?

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/timeline-and-discovery/

OCSO investigates 4 phone numbers KC attempted to call from OCSO jail on 07/16 and 07/21/08. They find they belong to TL, RP, CS and Daniel Davis.

OCSO requests subscriber information for two phone calls attempted by KC from the OCSO jail on 07/16 and 07/21/08. One was TL and the other was Daniel Davis (subsequently discovered to be contacted by another inmate in OCSO jail who used KC’s pin).

It made me smile as well, but Ann Finell is the one who wrote it ;) The defense might bring in certain records during the penalty phase including employment awards. You can find it at the end of the witness list.

Since Cindy mentioned Casey getting an award at Kodak (and Snaz is probably right, it was employee of the MONTH) I figured that's what Ms Finell was referring to.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6947242...ial-Penalty-Phase-Discovery-Response-Redacted

The Judge had given Finnell until January 31, 2011 to name her Mitigation Expert - but Finnell asks for an extension of time on that.

Atty Finnell wrote: "Investigation regarding witnesses to potential mental mitigation, including expert witnesses, is not complete at this time and Defendant specifically requests an extension of time to list those witnesses...."

"Additional witnesses may be located subsequent to the filing of this disclosure ...."

"Defendant gives notice that the following records* may be utilized in the penalty phase of this cause: medical records; school records, including awards and recognitions; text messages, video, phone conversations and letters received from the State during discovery; autopsy report; various expert reports ....charts, diagrams, and photos; vital statistics records; employment records including employment awards."

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/6947242...ial-Penalty-Phase-Discovery-Response-Redacted

The Judge had given Finnell until January 31, 2011 to name her Mitigation Expert - but Finnell asks for an extension of time on that.

Atty Finnell wrote: "Investigation regarding witnesses to potential mental mitigation, including expert witnesses, is not complete at this time and Defendant specifically requests an extension of time to list those witnesses...."

"Additional witnesses may be located subsequent to the filing of this disclosure ...."

"Defendant gives notice that the following records* may be utilized in the penalty phase of this cause: medical records; school records, including awards and recognitions; text messages, video, phone conversations and letters received from the State during discovery; autopsy report; various expert reports ....charts, diagrams, and photos; vital statistics records; employment records including employment awards."

Oh wow, school and employment awards? Nevermind that she never graduated high school and lied for two years about having a job...

I'd love to know what school award she got...neither is going to do squat for her, though. I do wonder if there are actual records of these, or did these "records" come from Cindy?

I recently read that on July 16th after Casey called her family and got TonE's number she tried calling him..

While in Jail, on July 16 2008 and July 21 2008, Casey placed phone calls to TonE, Chris S and Ryan P
Why? why these 3 guys?

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/casey-anthony-murder-trial/timeline-and-discovery/

RSBBM. TonE and Ryan P make sense--TonE's her most recent squeeze that she's desperately trying to cling to, and Ryan her first crush who she perhaps thought she could wring some sympathy out of... I can't remember when Chris S fits in the picture but wasn't she sleeping with him the summer of 2007? Not sure what help she thought any of them would be. At her lowest moment, back against the wall, she calls three dudes who might... what? Stroke her ego? Tell her they still believe her and she's still hot? That when she gets out she can still run the shot girls at Fusian?

OK. None of it makes sense. But at a time of dire need, what does it say about her psychology that she reaches out not to her family or LE--in fact shuts them out as entirely as possible--but to three of her "boys?" What interesting ego needs.

I am baffled by the defense list of penalty phase witnesses. They are most, if not all, the Prosecution's witnesses. Okaaaaaaaaaaay. Is JB just trying to nail that coffin of his client's shut?

----------
It really makes one wonder doesnt it!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karen Simmons Guinn