2010.12.20 Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where you're coming from, Z, but the GJ has served its purpose and is finished with this case. The GJ only indicts (or not), but holds nothing to further "answer to" - the GJ then "passes" Casey on down the judicial process after indictment.

The Defense is never required to present a case. Once the State presents and finishes their CiC, it is then the Defense's turn to present. The Defense, at that time, may state, "The Defense rests" - without ever uttering another word as part of their "presentation". What they are doing when this happens is, they're calling the State's (or Prosecution, if not State vs. ___) bluff. They're pseudo-saying to the State and the Jury, "You think your case is strong enough to stand on it's own, but we don't. Jury, the State's case is weak, you can't possibly convict my client on their presentation and I'm SO sure of this that I'm not even going to rebut."

Don't forget, Z, the Defense has to prove nothing. Burden is on the State/Prosecution, always.

This is all spot on.

Just for clarity, immediately after the SA rests and the defense makes their motion for acquittal....and it is denied, the defense can still present their side. IOW, when their motion is shot down, they can still put on their case. They don't have to rest w/o putting on any witnesses.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQXphNev6bE[/ame]

No one is going to think she is a beauty when they hear about duct tape blocking a baby's airways. I can tell you that as sure as the sun will come up in the morning. The jury will not have just fallen off the tunip truck on the ride in to be sequestered in Orange County. What they are going to be is pretty serious, having been taken away from the comfort of their homes and families. Somehow I do not think the defense will have a appreciation for that glaring fact. They never do have a keen grasp of the obvious.

Her attorney was grasping at straws during the hearing Objecting to photographers taking pictures when notes are passed. OMG this idiot is either playing to the cameras for himself or he is trying to throw anything against the wall and hope it sticks for an acquittal or reversal on appeal.

snipped for space

I'm reading too fast again.....I thought this said "revolting attorneys". LOL

That might be a better word "revolting" lol the revolting revolving door of attorneys.....

I read that her atty is trying to say the guy that found her body may have killed her? How would he have had access to the baby?

I just got in and watched the hearing! WOW!! ICA was pizzed as she was leaving. I'm still laughing!!!

I just got in and watched the hearing! WOW!! ICA was pizzed as she was leaving. I'm still laughing!!!

I'm sure she was pizzed at the "paparazzi." Not dear Jose, who's managed to undermine every chance KC had for a short(er), lighter sentence....no, not ever.

Wftv videos keeps freezing for some reason, but I was able to watch her as she had words with JB, Finnell (looked like she was pointing her finger in their faces) and the look as she was leaving said it all. I'm hoping to get a screen cap of that!
Awww, no smiles for Casey. BooHoo!!!

"I got dressed up and did my hair for THIS????"

No Henry Lee? No Roy Kronk? HAHA!! This was the first time I got to see the real Casey, not that Casey that arrived with all the animation, all sweetness and light.

I'm sure she was pizzed at the "paparazzi." Not dear Jose, who's managed to undermine every chance KC had for a short(er), lighter sentence....no, not ever.

I hollared when JB objected suddenly to the media taking pictures of ICA passing notes. Really, JB? Too funny!!! This was a much better hearing!

nosmiles.jpg

"Look, I'm not happy. I'm not playing. You'd better get those names sealed and you better get it done today!"

Her attorney was grasping at straws during the hearing Objecting to photographers taking pictures when notes are passed. OMG this idiot is either playing to the cameras for himself or he is trying to throw anything against the wall and hope it sticks for an acquittal or reversal on appeal.

I don't believe he's grasping at straws, I am starting to think he has a serious paranoia problem!

It started at the very beginning when he assumed every room he talked to casey in was bugged with listening devices.

Perhaps Baez himself requires a mental care professional.

nosmiles.jpg

"Look, I'm not happy. I'm not playing. You'd better get those names sealed and you better get it done today!"
I'm wondering if CA asked to see her daughter for the holidays...cause when Baez was talking to her at the end...the one thing I was able to lipread was "I know".

I think she was pi$$ed because she got caught w/o a bra.

Note from KC to Baez- I can't wait for my cold pressed turkey loaf and frozen peas next week for the holidays

Baez' reply " I know"

To me Casey was looking up at Ann while she argued to the judge in a hopeful way, much like she was Polyanna looking at Andrea when she first arrived on the scene. Even Baez used to sit up straight in his chair to listen to Adrea give oral argument. That used to amuse me. These honeymoon stages are quite fleeting though.
I had the feeling today Casey was shocked and surprised she had to attend, or she had been told the wrong time of the hearing. She looked at Jose like what the hell buddy...a little notice would be good.

JB jumping up again about cameras zooming in on KC notes. JB is not allowed to speak today.

Ann had to object. It was overruled.

JB is scared media will get close up photo of ICA's childish rants or love notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nancydrewmom