2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how did this even become public? Did Jeff Ashton release the letter or what?

Anyone else find it amusing that his account is with Bank of America?

The same bank where KC stole money from Amy....the same bank that tried to foreclose on the Anthony's....and the same one that the Anthony's accused of fraud in their paperwork????

LOL if Ashton is the one who released the letter to the press I'm thinkin' he's already deposited the check. :)

How can the court not address this major issue tomorrow? And if they do...I would think the court would demand that she attend.

This is more middle school games, played by CM. "I triple dog dare ya to cash that check". This chess game is getting really intense. The court has fined the attorney, after multiple attempts to follow the rules of the court. The states attorney called his bluff, and the Judge ruled. Someone tell me why Jeff Ashton should head Cheneys advice, and NOT cash that check! Begging him to cry "Uncle"? I don't think so. Not after all that has transpired. Game on!

Originally Posted by jennyb
So how did this even become public? Did Jeff Ashton release the letter or what?

The video report says that it was released by the court administrator.

It was not a "public" document when CM gave the check and letter to Ashton, while it was in the State's possession ... but when CM "filed" them with the Clerk's office (as Judge Perry told them to do - give him a copy of the check), they then became "public documents".

Oh for the love of Pete! What a load of twaddle this letter is!!
Cash the check and take LDB and FG out for a very expensive dinner!
First toast, LOL!

How can the court not address this major issue tomorrow? And if they do...I would think the court would demand that she attend.

They always slip something in sideways. If that's the way they play then Casey should be required to attend. I don't even understand why she was allowed to miss the last hearing. That kind of courtesy should be null and void from now on. Basta!

Haven't been here for awhile and am literally gobsmacked by the latest. Don't cash the check, motion for reconsideration, the defense team looks and acts like "keystone" cops. Really thought that would change once Mason got on board. The motion for reconsideration is replete with inappropriate statements relating to the alleged evidence among other things and is simply ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a hearing on the motion for sanctions that both Baez & Mason attended? If so, why didn't they bring the "stuck in traffic" scenario up then?

I am getting so tired of all this chest-puffery and swagger by the defense. They seem to bear a lot in common with their client, I'll say that. With all their Dawson's Creek-y-ness and trying to game the system, I am comforted by the fact that those 31 days cannot be erased, and although we may never know what actually happened, I have faith that justice will prevail.

Honestly, every time I see CM I can't help but think of that lawyer from Futurama- "Well, your honor, I'm just a simple hyper-chicken from a backwoods asteroid..." We all see through it! The lucky 12 who end up on the jury will, too. I am floored he wrote that letter, you'd think nothing would surprise me anymore with these people.

MOO, of course :crazy:

It was not a "public" document when CM gave the check and letter to Ashton, while it was in the State's possession ... but when CM "filed" them with the Clerk's office (as Judge Perry told them to do - give him a copy of the check), they then became "public documents".

CM's pretty wily so he must've known it would be released as a matter of course. Is he so tone deaf and arrogant he thought this might shame Ashton into not cashing the check? By knowingly making his plea public? That's some crazy right there.

Maybe Cheney did this because he had to give the money to Baez, and he's hoping he can get it back with this crybaby story of poor, pitiful, young, inexperienced Baez.

By Mason asking Ashton to not cash the check, isn't he essentially asking Ashton to violate a court order?

This is more middle school games, played by CM. "I triple dog dare ya to cash that check". This chess game is getting really intense. The court has fined the attorney, after multiple attempts to follow the rules of the court. The states attorney called his bluff, and the Judge ruled. Someone tell me why Jeff Ashton should head Cheneys advice, and NOT cash that check! Begging him to cry "Uncle"? I don't think so. Not after all that has transpired. Game on!

I can hear CM now, twisting this to say the state hasn't cashed the check because they believe the contempt was made in error. This guy takes the cake!! What a letter...

Haven't been here for awhile and am literally gobsmacked by the latest. Don't cash the check, motion for reconsideration, the defense team looks and acts like "keystone" cops. Really thought that would change once Mason got on board. The motion for reconsideration is replete with inappropriate statements relating to the alleged evidence among other things and is simply ridiculous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought there was a hearing on the motion for sanctions that both Baez & Mason attended? If so, why didn't they bring the "stuck in traffic" scenario up then?

They didn't have that excuse ready in time ... it took longer to prepare than expected. The State have more money and resources to be more prepared so the Defense needed more time to respond, as to the reason why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman