2011.01.18.: "Briefcase" found that *may* contain evidence in Zahra Baker case

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
FWIW I just had my 12 year old come look and asked him what the guy in the picture is holding and he said "what the sunglasses."

I see something there too. They just got married why wouldn't he have that arm around her instead of holding whatever it is?

i as well see something there and it might very well mean that it could be some type of pen

my reasoning is that maybe they had just signed the marriage certificate and they snapped a picture of it right after it was signed thus he may not of had time to put the pen item down

just tossing this out there

A thought ocurs to me.

If this does indeed relate to Zahra then one of two things is possible IMO

1) the briefcase was there the whole time and simply not found by searchers as it was back in a wooded area on the opposite side of the road than was indicated by EB on her "outing" that day with LE.

2) the briefcase was depositted there weeks after the search teams were there and found the prosthetic and bone and placed there by someone who thought they were being clever and hiding it in an area that would not be further searched.

BBM

I'm having similar thoughts. But then, I have to ask myself what would be the motivation to 1). keep such an item in the first place, and 2). deposit it in this area.

Let's assume for a moment someone kept it without intent...in other words, it was in their home and they didn't realize it, or simply didn't it remember it. They stumble across it. Oops. Why then not burn the damned thing? Or dispose of it in some random wooded area where no one who finds it might put 2 and 2 together? The only answer I can come up with is: a purposeful plant of evidence. It implicates someone other than the person who dumped it there so long after the fact.

OR...it could have been there all along, and LE simply didn't uncover it.

OR...it has nothing what so ever to do with this case.

Take your pick.

i as well see something there and it might very well mean that it could be some type of pen

my reasoning is that maybe they had just signed the marriage certificate and they snapped a picture of it right after it was signed thus he may not of had time to put the pen item down

just tossing this out there
I would think he could put his arm around her with a pen in his hand. I think it looks more like something with a handle on it. JMO.

Either way it's a weird find and placed somewhere as not to be found. It makes me wonder if anything else could be in those woods. I don't think it's a normal find being in the woods like that. (gut feeling) I hope it contains the smoking gun evidence to this case.

We do konw from locals that along some of those winding roads out in the woods alot of illegal dumping goes on, but I am in agreement with you Peliman. This seems such an off/odd thing. Apparently nothing else was located around/near the briefcase and the contents of a folded mildwy darkstained blakent is just an odd thing.

I too hope that if it relates to Zahra it holds some sort of key evidence.

The briefcase find is just bugging the hell out of me. Something I heard early on in the case keeps nagging at me, but I can't for the life of me recall what it was. Grrrrr!

One thing I did want to mention...this doesn't look like a briefcase to me. It looks like a small vintage American Tourister suitcase.

http://www.craftisart.com/4229/desi...erican-tourister-suitcase-you-pick-the-design

If that's the case, it would make alot more sense for AB to be carrying it in a wedding photo. I assume they had some sort of honeymoon.

JMO

The briefcase find is just bugging the hell out of me. Something I heard early on in the case keeps nagging at me, but I can't for the life of me recall what it was. Grrrrr!

One thing I did want to mention...this doesn't look like a briefcase to me. It looks like a small vintage American Tourister suitcase.

http://www.craftisart.com/4229/desi...erican-tourister-suitcase-you-pick-the-design

If that's the case, it would make alot more sense for AB to be carrying it in a wedding photo. I assume they had some sort of honeymoon.

JMO

Yes, did you go to the post above yours and look at the accual case, just like the one you posted just black.

Yes, did you go to the post above yours and look at the accual case, just like the one you posted just black.

funnygirl, thank you for providing us with the link. If you look back to previous pages in this thread you will see we've discussed the images of the briefcase and wedding photo (which I enhanced and enlarged for analysis here) in depth. The discussion here doesn't generally support the idea that AB is holding a briefcase. Many alternative items have been suggested: sunglasses, pen, etc, and it is considered by many that the line which appears to be the briefcase metal side strip is actually a part of the fence behind them, as the line continues in perfect alignment above his hand.

I hope this helps.

Actually Flakes as long as discussion amongst those who have a different viewpoint is respectful it is usually encouraged. I do agree with you that the more and closer I look I do not think AB is holding a briefcase in the photo but can see why others may. As long as debate over the photo doesn't take over the whole thread devoted to the actual briefcase found that may be related to Z I see no harm in scrolling past theories and thoughts that don't interest me to pursue at the moment.

Actually Flakes as long as discussion amongst those who have a different viewpoint is respectful it is usually encouraged. I do agree with you that the more and closer I look I do not think AB is holding a briefcase in the photo but can see why others may. As long as debate over the photo doesn't take over the whole thread devoted to the actual briefcase found that may be related to Z I see no harm in scrolling past theories and thoughts that don't interest me to pursue at the moment.

Absolutely in total agreement. I was trying to summarise for funnygirl what the websleuths' discussion had discussed over the past few pages as I was not sure if s/he had read them (I was trying to be helpful, not dismissive).

Absolutely in total agreement. I was trying to summarise for funnygirl what the websleuths' discussion had discussed over the past few pages as I was not sure if s/he had read them (I was trying to be helpful, not dismissive).

I misconstrued and I humbly apologize

Does anyone have any idea how well the area the briefcase was searched? Considering what we know was found there I would expect it would have been a very well covered spot. Makes me wonder if it was put there after the search. Maybe someone thought it was a good place to get rid of evidence that was over looked or kept for some reason thinking it had been searched before. A briefcase with a blanket just seems like to strange a thing to not be involved. Who would normally put a blanket in a briefcase? This case just gets stranger by the day. JMO

funnygirl, thank you for providing us with the link. If you look back to previous pages in this thread you will see we've discussed the images of the briefcase and wedding photo (which I enhanced and enlarged for analysis here) in depth. The discussion here doesn't generally support the idea that AB is holding a briefcase. Many alternative items have been suggested: sunglasses, pen, etc, and it is considered by many that the line which appears to be the briefcase metal side strip is actually a part of the fence behind them, as the line continues in perfect alignment above his hand.

I hope this helps.

Flakes, while I apprieciate what you have to say I was responding to another poster and was well aware of what others have to say. I am the poster from the hinkymeter that made others aware of the possiblilty of this being a briefcase. (same nic)And while I can really understand your atempt to move your disscussion along, you should be nice. it is a disscussion board. but thank you for the appology

Does anyone have any idea how well the area the briefcase was searched? Considering what we know was found there I would expect it would have been a very well covered spot. Makes me wonder if it was put there after the search. Maybe someone thought it was a good place to get rid of evidence that was over looked or kept for some reason thinking it had been searched before. A briefcase with a blanket just seems like to strange a thing to not be involved. Who would normally put a blanket in a briefcase? This case just gets stranger by the day. JMO

Loggers find briefcase near Zahra site

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...pro-ar-704576/

I think they search they other side of the road due to EB's guidance, the other side of the road could have been something AB thought of after the fact, infact that could have been where he was, on the job that day??? wonder if it is the same tree company????

I do believe the case may have been left there after searchers had given up on the idea. Either that or for whatever reason EB did not divulge the breifcase disposal area but simply indicated the prosthetic/bone area to LE.

That is assuming the briefcase is even related. I do not assume if it was placed there later that AB would be the only likely suspect. I still feel convinced there are other persons who may have involvment in if not the killing of Zahra, the disposal at least.

I do believe the case may have been left there after searchers had given up on the idea. Either that or for whatever reason EB did not divulge the breifcase disposal area but simply indicated the prosthetic/bone area to LE.

That is assuming the briefcase is even related. I do not assume if it was placed there later that AB would be the only likely suspect. I still feel convinced there are other persons who may have involvment in if not the killing of Zahra, the disposal at least.

Yep I can think of three and they are all related.

BBM
I have to agree with this for the simple fact that AB has to be being watched closely. I also am sure he knows hes being watched. I just cant see him taking the chance of of disposing of evidence after the fact. I also believe he wouldnt be any where in the vacinity of where things were found. If he were going to deposit evidence after the fact I would think he would do it in a place not involved with anything thats been found. If he did dispose of any evidence I would think he would have been caught and arrested. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back