2011.01.25 Defense Requests More Time to Submit Expert Reports

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
haha you know the more I look at Baez's haircut ..the more I realize, it's just plain stupid :)

I DO think that is JB. That pic is of Reich's with Michael Baden. Maybe that is LKB sitting with JB? I've never seen her with curly hair, but possible?

Makes my skin crawl to see these people living it up after the accusations they made about innocent people, and the cause they are/were fighting for. Repulsive on every level.

Makes my skin crawl to see these people living it up after the accusations they made about innocent people, and the cause they are/were fighting for. Repulsive on every level.

Me too. I saw an interview with Kathy Reichs she did in New Zealand. She talked about how gratifying it is to put people away who murder, especially children. Then later in the interview the reporter asked about a case where her tweets came up in court. They didn't mention any names but KR said yes "opposing counsel" used them to show I was available even though I was in Fiji. She failed to mention that in this case she is helping the accused child murderer, and I think she carefully worded "opposing counsel" instead of saying the prosecutors. What a farce.:loser:

Wow............seems to be some familiar argument referring to lunch meat......where have I heard that circular argument before??

Wow............seems to be some familiar argument referring to lunch meat......where have I heard that circular argument before??

I just finished reading that and I am just :thud:

The DT expects a jury to believe someone with these references? :floorlaugh:

• His International Forensic Research Institute has never certified a dog in human remains detection
  • Originally retained in November 2008 to evaluate the chemical analysis components of this case
  • Has no peer reviewed work on decompostiotional odor
  • He quotes non peer reviewed thesis work of his former students that he spends 10% of his time actively participating with his students
  • Has never collected scent samples, but he can design his own while picking apart existing technology without another solution :waitasec:
Then there's the bologna :banghead: :banghead:

I just finished reading that and I am just :thud:

The DT expects a jury to believe someone with these references? :floorlaugh:

• His International Forensic Research Institute has never certified a dog in human remains detection
  • Originally retained in November 2008 to evaluate the chemical analysis components of this case
  • Has no peer reviewed work on decompostiotional odor
  • He quotes non peer reviewed thesis work of his former students that he spends 10% of his time actively participating with his students
  • Has never collected scent samples, but he can design his own while picking apart existing technology without another solution :waitasec:
Then there's the bologna :banghead: :banghead:

Too tired to read his depo tonight, but if that is all the credentials he has I don't see how he can even be declared an expert. Is he supposed to testify regarding the cadaver dog issue? I thought that was Fairgrieve. This defense team confuses me the way they keep switching lanes. lol

LMAO at JB starting the bottom of page 44. JA threatens to mute him.

He seems to be the best one from these experts I've read. JA is imo so concerned with his testimony more because of the air tests. Remember JA is the first prosecutor to get dna used in court. He wants those air samples admitted.

Too tired to read his depo tonight, but if that is all the credentials he has I don't see how he can even be declared an expert. Is he supposed to testify regarding the cadaver dog issue? I thought that was Fairgrieve. This defense team confuses me the way they keep switching lanes. lol

No, this one you definitely want to read. It's the whole ball of wax on the chloroform, decomp, air tests in the trunk.

Read this one. It is absolutely yet another "WTFrak!" moment. I really can't wait to hear Joypath's Take on it. I think it just might make her head explode.

I mean the moment that JA gets Dr. Furten to say on the stand, that the chemical signatures detected by Dr. Vass are consistent with a human decompositions event, and backed up by 2 cadaver dogs, it's all over. It will not matter how much he babbles about the philosophy of science or research vs forensics or whatever. He seems to prove more prosecution points than he challenges. And his claims against a "scientific consensus" for Dr. Vass's work and conclusions reeks of self import. ie "Well of course there isn't scientific consensus... I don't agree with his!" "Ummm Dr. Vass so what other scientists have come out and disagreed with these findings? <crickets>"

Didn't JB say they will not be using Dr. Furton? So is this another one of AL's schemes to get an expert onboard so the other side cannot use him.

Anyone keeping track of the money spent on experts so far. It's like pocket change from what I can see. So after JB and AL took their cut the remainder was suppose to be spent on the experts and investigators. And wasn't Mort working under AL? So where DID that money go? Certainly not on the experts. And JB is telling them KC has no money. There's $275,000 but she has no money?????? jmo

Didn't JB say they will not be using Dr. Furton? So is this another one of AL's schemes to get an expert onboard so the other side cannot use him.

Anyone keeping track of the money spent on experts so far. It's like pocket change from what I can see. So after JB and AL took their cut the remainder was suppose to be spent on the experts and investigators. And wasn't Mort working under AL? So where DID that money go? Certainly not on the experts. And JB is telling them KC has no money. There's $275,000 but she has no money?????? jmo

IMO
Casey had NO Money for them, the experts, but she had plenty of money for Baez and a little to Andrea.

Casey was declared Indigent for Costs on March 10 2010..
Baez blew thru $275,000 in about 1.5 years...before IMO any REAL work started to get done...

I just started reading

The State has University of Florida Law School Professor Bernard Raum sitting in on this Depo.??????
As a consultant????

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/27085526/detail.html

Dr Furton was Hired by Baez in November of 2008 and that he had a Contract with Baez..

Furton's usual rates are $350/hr for consulting or in court testimony or depo

He agreed to a rate of $250/hr...did thinks he did about 12 hrs of work at that rate doing intial review of records
He invoiced Baez, was paid, But has not been paid since then.

He has done more than 12hrs of work on this case
He has agreed to the JAC rate of $150/hour

So in November 2008 Baez convinced Furton Casey did not have a lot of money and if hewould lower his rate...He Did.
(NOTE to Self...Baez did pay himself and Andrea = $111,000 from the $275,000)

Page 15
Furton "In most cases, the canines have superior capability in terms of detection of most forensic substances"

I just started reading

The State has University of Florida Law School Professor Bernard Raum sitting in on this Depo.??????
As a consultant????

A quick google and I found this, Fall 2010. (i can't seem to link it)

SYMPOSIUM: "ONE ADVOCATE'S 'JUNK SCIENCE' IS ANOTHER ADVOCATE'S EVIDENCE: FORGING NEW PATHS IN FORENSIC SCIENCE": PANELIST'S RESPONSE

A quick google and I found this, Fall 2010. (i can't seem to link it)

SYMPOSIUM: "ONE ADVOCATE'S 'JUNK SCIENCE' IS ANOTHER ADVOCATE'S EVIDENCE: FORGING NEW PATHS IN FORENSIC SCIENCE": PANELIST'S RESPONSE

Got it, thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back