2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaine never told a color but maybe he told LE? If he remembered?

I hope this doesn't drag out another week or more...:(

Are we thinking that this area is near where the gentleman witness said he saw the pick-up truck, with a red-headed woman driving it the morning he was late for work? Said he noticed it because at first, he was pretty sure it was his friend's truck and then, as the truck was in better view, he saw it was not his friend, but a redhead woman looking like TH?

Or ... is this not near that area.

Also, IIRC, this area also likely pings as Sauvie Island? Although it's not on Sauvie?

(Okay, I may not be remembering all that right, which is why I'm throwing the questions out here...)

I could see TH being the type of gal to throw on a (maybe red) flannel shirt that she could have kept in her truck (I keep something ratty-tatty to throw on)

Or, possibly oil rags or something.

Are we thinking that this area is near where the gentleman witness said he saw the pick-up truck, with a red-headed woman driving it the morning he was late for work? Said he noticed it because at first, he was pretty sure it was his friend's truck and then, as the truck was in better view, he saw it was not his friend, but a redhead woman looking like TH?

Or ... is this not near that area.

Also, IIRC, this area also likely pings as Sauvie Island? Although it's not on Sauvie?

(Okay, I may not be remembering all that right, which is why I'm throwing the questions out here...)
Well, looks like one source is gone, but I found a snippet from WS r.e. Chas.
Quote:
From a post made by stmarysmead on 11-16-2010 at 7:42 a.m. on the Sauvie Island Searches thread:

From the linked article:

http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopula...FG4Q.cspx?p=10

"It was Friday, June 4th, sometime between 9:15 and 9:45 in the morning. “Chas” was heading south on Highway 30, on his way to work when a white truck pulled out onto the road.

"It came out of one of these side streets, I am not exactly positive which one, but I am pretty much sure that it was north of Logie Trail road.”

Logie Trail Road is right across from Sauvie Island. One of the areas investigators have searched several times.

"I recognize that truck because I have a friend that has a similar truck and I thought it was him.”

But when “Chas” pulled up next to this truck, he saw that it wasn't his friend, it was a red-haired woman, he didn't recognize.

He later realized that “red-haired” woman was Terri Horman."

Acting on what law officers call "intelligence information", about 50 volunteers, deputies and other search-and-rescue workers were sifting through forested areas around Northwest Skyline Road and in the Dixie Mountain area, which is west of Highway 30 and Sauvie Island. Assisting them are several cadaver-sniffing search dogs and a member of the Multnomah County Coroner's Office.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...reas-northwest-of/vD6BI4n5REefQob5SdytIA.cspx

Acting on what law officers call "intelligence information", about 50 volunteers, deputies and other search-and-rescue workers were sifting through forested areas around Northwest Skyline Road and in the Dixie Mountain area, which is west of Highway 30 and Sauvie Island. Assisting them are several cadaver-sniffing search dogs and a member of the Multnomah County Coroner's Office.

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/loca...reas-northwest-of/vD6BI4n5REefQob5SdytIA.cspx

Reading that makes me feel dread and hope at the same time. :eek:hoh:

Well, looks like one source is gone, but I found a snippet from WS r.e. Chas.
Quote:

oh, awesome. Thanks a bunch Knox.

Good. FWIW, this gentleman, IMO, was really one of the more credible witnesses. He was headed for work. He knew exactly what time it was he saw this truck. He knew exactly what truck because his friend has same truck, and he sure as heck noticed all that red hair driving it because it sure as heck was NOT his friend.

I remember thinking it was amazing he called this tip in. I think it was a couple of days after the fact, when they gave out the list of roads and asked for everyone to review their travels that day. This witness was working with an image that stuck in his head, followed his intuition calling it in.

Whatever he saw, it stuck with him, enough to motivate him to call.

I'm finding this pretty interesting.

I wonder what "intelligence" they are following. I wonder if there was help for TH, or a hand-off waiting somewhere down that road...

just noodling. because it's better to noodle than to think too hard about the worst.

Reading this reminds me why KOIN is our least favorite news source for Kyron news.... and makes me glad that we already had another source for the information about who is helping in the search.

Sorry... I have never forgiven them for that incorrect headline about his body being found months ago.

In 8 months... WHO reporting on this story does NOT know that TERRI is the one Kaine is divorcing? :waitasec:

It only takes a few seconds to make sure you got all the names right in the article...

Reading that makes me feel dread and hope at the same time. :eek:hoh:

Desiree and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, are engaged in a contentious divorce battle which has brought some of the details of the case and their personal lives and backgrounds into the public spotlight, and into the voluminous investigative files on the case.

Just want to point out that anything anyone was wearing might be a different color by now because it was out in the elements. For example, I think they make black from either brown-based dye or red-based dye; meaning a black tee shirt could be red or brown by now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/multnomah_county_sheriffs_offi_2.html

Tony McCray, a volunteer with the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue team, has been involved in the search since the beginning.

"We want to find Kyron and bring him home," said McCray, who's in his second year as a volunteer. "Morale is actually still pretty high."

He said he's not sure how to mentally prepare for finding Kyron, but he knows trying to find him is the reason he's there today.

"I think about him all the time,"
he said.

the photo of the red thing looks to me to be an old red t-shirt or maybe one of those "shop rags" that you see at gas stations or mechanics shops or in DH's toolbox that come in varying colors.

I have a question. IIRC, When I read the first article this morning, it had a video and photos of the search, but that would have been before sunrise in Oregon. Did they also search yesterday? If not, how were there photos? TIA

While the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office wouldn't say much about the information that led to Sunday's search, its focus on specific areas northwest of Portland lent an air of anticipation to the effort. Several searchers were combing areas around logging roads and trails around where Rocky Point Road meets Northwest Skyline Road, and around a gravel road on Dixie Mountain.

Reading this reminds me why KOIN is our least favorite news source for Kyron news.... and makes me glad that we already had another source for the information about who is helping in the search.

snipped with respect...

they were not the first outlet to report on the ME...

((the other link is somewhere upstream))

snipped with respect...

they were not the first outlet to report on the ME...

((the other link is somewhere upstream))

I know, that's why I said "and makes me glad that we already had another source for the information about who is helping in the search."

Sorry, I can't bring myself to specify that occupation being there. But that is what I meant. If it had just come from KOIN I would not have believed it. Since it came from other media first, I knew it was true.

Have to step out but hoping that Kyron is found today in a very bittersweet way. :(

are there any old shacks or I guess, I mean, does anyonw live up there in any way shape or form?

I sure wish we knew how TH is reacting to the new search.

Sorry... I have never forgiven them for that incorrect headline about his body being found months ago.

In 8 months... WHO reporting on this story does NOT know that TERRI is the one Kaine is divorcing? :waitasec:

It only takes a few seconds to make sure you got all the names right in the article...

Desiree and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, are engaged in a contentious divorce battle which has brought some of the details of the case and their personal lives and backgrounds into the public spotlight, and into the voluminous investigative files on the case.

Yeah, that is pretty sloppy reporting. As a local, I have to say KOIN is the LAST place I would go for news. They are really not very good. And I can't stand Kelly Day, one of the main anchors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV